Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ttnguyen
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:06 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby ttnguyen » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:13 pm

Why have I gotten nothing :( Went complete in mid November... boo hooooo

apollo2015
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:13 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby apollo2015 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:35 pm

zx92027xz wrote:acceptance letter came today via snail mail. (160/3.9) normal sized envelope... kind of had me worried it was a rejection letter.


Interesting. I guess Hastings is sending out (at least) two different envelope types to keep us all on our toes. On Saturday they sent me a big envelope with "Congratulations!" printed on its outside cover.

Inside of the envelope they sent me was a folder with information on various deadlines and as to when Admitted Students Day is. Also, Dean Canada handsigned one of the letters in it. I liked that touch.

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby hadisious » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:55 pm

Anybody know if Hastings does any kind of travel stipend to go to ASD?

User avatar
TrojanHopeful
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:37 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby TrojanHopeful » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:18 pm

ttnguyen wrote:Why have I gotten nothing :( Went complete in mid November... boo hooooo


+1

User avatar
kekepania
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:19 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby kekepania » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:08 pm

LSAC sent my CAS reports today. How long does it take for Hastings to send out an email for complete?

lawgeekgrl
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:18 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby lawgeekgrl » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:16 pm

Has any LEOP applicant heard back yet? Do we hear back through Dean Canada, or just mail?

User avatar
Dash41
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:35 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Dash41 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:17 pm

Just got a fee waiver. Wondering if I should even bother to apply.

User avatar
kekepania
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:19 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby kekepania » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:23 pm

I just realized that I didn't put my LSAC account number on personal statement and resume! ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby lrslayer » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:34 pm

kekepania wrote:I just realized that I didn't put my LSAC account number on personal statement and resume! ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

me neither. was that a thing? oops

User avatar
bigtexmex
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby bigtexmex » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:44 pm

kekepania wrote:LSAC sent my CAS reports today. How long does it take for Hastings to send out an email for complete?
2 weeks?

User avatar
kekepania
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:19 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby kekepania » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:30 pm

bigtexmex wrote:
kekepania wrote:LSAC sent my CAS reports today. How long does it take for Hastings to send out an email for complete?
2 weeks?



That's a really long time!

User avatar
bigtexmex
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby bigtexmex » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:48 pm

kekepania wrote:
bigtexmex wrote:
kekepania wrote:LSAC sent my CAS reports today. How long does it take for Hastings to send out an email for complete?
2 weeks?



That's a really long time!


Yeah, Hastings took the longest of every school that I applied to.

User avatar
legalsinger
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby legalsinger » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:02 am

Just received a fee waiver, so I figured, why not? Will be visiting in a few weeks. What do you think of the Bay area? Lived in Seattle for the past year and a half, and I hear it's very similar, but ridiculously expensive. Are they generous with financial aid?

User avatar
odetojefferson
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:57 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby odetojefferson » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:07 pm

So I'm assuming I will get dinged from Berkeley, in which case Hastings is my #1. I am out of the country right now, so I am carefully waiting for one of ya'll to let me know when the next round of decisions come out (I'm pretty optimistic about getting into Hastings)

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Blumpbeef » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:08 pm

lrslayer wrote:
kekepania wrote:I just realized that I didn't put my LSAC account number on personal statement and resume! ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

me neither. was that a thing? oops


Yes for Boalt and ucla too, iirc

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Blumpbeef » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:10 pm

legalsinger wrote:Just received a fee waiver, so I figured, why not? Will be visiting in a few weeks. What do you think of the Bay area? Lived in Seattle for the past year and a half, and I hear it's very similar, but ridiculously expensive. Are they generous with financial aid?


Sf is nice, Hastings is in a nice part of a pretty terrible neighborhood though.

User avatar
steepair
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby steepair » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:29 pm

legalsinger wrote:Just received a fee waiver, so I figured, why not? Will be visiting in a few weeks. What do you think of the Bay area? Lived in Seattle for the past year and a half, and I hear it's very similar, but ridiculously expensive. Are they generous with financial aid?


born and raised in sf and love the place. yeah, compared to seattle, it's probably going to be more expensive. one can usually find a roommate situation in the city from between $500-800 a month, depending on the neighborhood. living solo, one can expect to pay at least $1100, again, depending on the neighborhood.

the neighborhood around hastings is pretty shitty, i won't lie. but i wouldn't necessarily call the neighborhood unsafe. just really run down. a lot of homeless people. but, public transit is a five minute walk away and i have never felt threatened making the walk to bart or muni.

i have yet to get my FA package, but from what i have gathered from students there and alumni, they don't tend to throw around much in the way of financial aid. however, i do hear their need based grants are better than some other schools.

feel from to PM me if you have any specific questions about the area/the city/whatever.

sfamor
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby sfamor » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:57 pm

In just now via phone call!!

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Blumpbeef » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:04 pm

steepair wrote:born and raised in sf and love the place. yeah, compared to seattle, it's probably going to be more expensive. one can usually find a roommate situation in the city from between $500-800 a month, depending on the neighborhood. living solo, one can expect to pay at least $1100, again, depending on the neighborhood.


I'm looking for a place right now and I think this is a bit optimistic. $500 is just not practical, $800 is more in line with what it costs with room mates. That's for a livable place, but nothing great. A nice shared place is going to run around $1200, and solo it is closer to $1500, going north of $3000 if you want somewhere really nice.

What you can expect for around $700 is, for example, a nice $1400 studio that you share with someone else.

and congrats sfamor

Aria.S
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Aria.S » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:01 pm

sfamor wrote:In just now via phone call!!


congrats!!! what were your stats if you don't mind sharing?

nickg123
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:52 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby nickg123 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:17 pm

Hastings has "on campus" housing on the same block as the school. I went to look at it and it was pretty nice -- but i couldnt see an actual room.

--LinkRemoved--

900 bucks is cheapest

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11742
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby ilovesf » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:22 pm

nickg123 wrote:Hastings has "on campus" housing on the same block as the school. I went to look at it and it was pretty nice -- but i couldnt see an actual room.

--LinkRemoved--

900 bucks is cheapest

If you have questions about what it's like to live in the tower, one of the people who lives there has been answering questions about it here:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 4&t=173522
I don't live there, otherwise I'd give some insight.

mertle
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby mertle » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:03 pm

sf is a beautiful city with so many diverse neighborhoods. don't waste your time living in the tenderloin for convenience. granted you won't have time to party every weekend and enjoy all that the city has to offer while in law school, you should still be able to go home at night and not see crackheads. if you're going to pay $900, find a place off campus..just give yourself plenty of time to look because postings on craigslist go really fast.

User avatar
CheeSauce
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:04 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby CheeSauce » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:08 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:
lrslayer wrote:
kekepania wrote:I just realized that I didn't put my LSAC account number on personal statement and resume! ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

me neither. was that a thing? oops


Yes for Boalt and ucla too, iirc


Oh no me neither!!! I just went back and looked at the instructions and it didn't say that we needed to under the personal statement and resume section but it did it another random section :(

horrorbusiness
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby horrorbusiness » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:29 pm

lawgeekgrl wrote:Has any LEOP applicant heard back yet? Do we hear back through Dean Canada, or just mail?


i applied LEOP and was admitted about a week ago. i applied in early november.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests