Penn State c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby hadisious » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:19 am

In via email, says scholarship package info to come within a month. Applied 11/28. Good luck everyone!

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby 20130312 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:16 pm

hadisious wrote:In via email, says scholarship package info to come within a month. Applied 11/28. Good luck everyone!


+1

WB7
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby WB7 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:30 pm

In as of yesterday!

3.2 / 157 + several softs

congrats to those that are in, and GL to those waiting!

Also anyone attending PSU @ Carlisle any insights you care to share would be greatly appreciated!

Lindsey4468
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby Lindsey4468 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:44 pm

In as of yesterday (12/19)!! UP location.

3.19 + 156. Really strong softs!

Really excited :)

devilsfan224
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:01 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby devilsfan224 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:04 pm

In today!

3.89, 160. Good luck to everyone else waiting!

z0rk
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby z0rk » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:32 pm

Under review status date changed to today's date. Anyone have experience with decisions coming shortly thereafter? I think Hasidious might have experienced this, but wanted to check if this is what others have generally seen as well.

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby hadisious » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:43 pm

z0rk wrote:Under review status date changed to today's date. Anyone have experience with decisions coming shortly thereafter? I think Hasidious might have experienced this, but wanted to check if this is what others have generally seen as well.

+1 I did experience this.

z0rk
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby z0rk » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:02 pm

hadisious wrote:
z0rk wrote:Under review status date changed to today's date. Anyone have experience with decisions coming shortly thereafter? I think Hasidious might have experienced this, but wanted to check if this is what others have generally seen as well.

+1 I did experience this.


Did the decision come the same day your status changed, or a few days later?

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby hadisious » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:18 pm

z0rk wrote:
hadisious wrote:
z0rk wrote:Under review status date changed to today's date. Anyone have experience with decisions coming shortly thereafter? I think Hasidious might have experienced this, but wanted to check if this is what others have generally seen as well.

+1 I did experience this.


Did the decision come the same day your status changed, or a few days later?

Status changed 12/13. Decision came 12/19.

z0rk
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby z0rk » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:33 pm

hadisious wrote:
z0rk wrote:
hadisious wrote:
z0rk wrote:Under review status date changed to today's date. Anyone have experience with decisions coming shortly thereafter? I think Hasidious might have experienced this, but wanted to check if this is what others have generally seen as well.

+1 I did experience this.


Did the decision come the same day your status changed, or a few days later?

Status changed 12/13. Decision came 12/19.


Thanks, this is very helpful information (i.e. you just saved me the time I would have been wasting checking every couple of hours on the status checker today and tomorrow).

akarenina
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:50 am

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby akarenina » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:13 pm

Anybody hear aaanything about scholarship info yet? I'm dying a slow and painful death waiting for it.

User avatar
wvu
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby wvu » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:36 am

akarenina wrote:Anybody hear aaanything about scholarship info yet? I'm dying a slow and painful death waiting for it.


No. I wish they would have sent it with the acceptance email. :(

z0rk
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby z0rk » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:21 am

I searched the Penn State website to get a sense of whether or not the admissions office is open this week. I couldn't find anything beyond an academic calendar, which says that classes are not in session during the holidays but gives no indication as to the admissions office. Shot in the dark, but does anyone have a sense of whether or not they are open and reviewing applications this week?

HellOnHeels
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby HellOnHeels » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:45 am

z0rk wrote:I searched the Penn State website to get a sense of whether or not the admissions office is open this week. I couldn't find anything beyond an academic calendar, which says that classes are not in session during the holidays but gives no indication as to the admissions office. Shot in the dark, but does anyone have a sense of whether or not they are open and reviewing applications this week?

I figured most schools weren't reviewing apps this week due to the holiday. I haven't checked any of my statuses. You could always call the admissions office and ask!

jayman6
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby jayman6 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:56 pm

z0rk wrote:I searched the Penn State website to get a sense of whether or not the admissions office is open this week. I couldn't find anything beyond an academic calendar, which says that classes are not in session during the holidays but gives no indication as to the admissions office. Shot in the dark, but does anyone have a sense of whether or not they are open and reviewing applications this week?


My guess would be that they are not open. If you look on LSN, last year there were a bunch of decisions on 12/16 and then not any again until 1/14. I would suspect that not much will be happening until classes are back in session starting 1/09. This is pure conjecture, though, so take it with a grain of salt.

CWilliamson
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:41 am

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby CWilliamson » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:19 am

just submitted my app the other week (12/22). I have a 3.35/159 with some decent softs. out of state (NC). judging by others it looks like i may have a good shot at getting in. any thoughts?

BTWalk
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:58 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby BTWalk » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:27 am

In as of early December! 161/3.44. Awaiting letter still. Having two addresses is frustrating. Any idea on campus choice for people?? Main or Dickinson?

twirlygirl
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:45 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby twirlygirl » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:54 pm

In via e-mail, complete since 12/19 status checker updated to admission granted

ohvai
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby ohvai » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Did anyone receive any scholarship info yet?

User avatar
wvu
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby wvu » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:23 pm

Nope. Haven't even gotten a letter in the mail. Got an email last night about visiting though.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby 20130312 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:53 pm

wvuchip wrote:Nope. Haven't even gotten a letter in the mail. Got an email last night about visiting though.


+1

HellOnHeels
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby HellOnHeels » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:26 pm

I got my acceptance letter in the mail today. Scholarship info included in the letter. Accepted 12/19.

User avatar
wvu
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby wvu » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:37 pm

stephinmd wrote:I got my acceptance letter in the mail today. Scholarship info included in the letter. Accepted 12/19.

...

*franticly goes to check mail*

User avatar
rdshore
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby rdshore » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:43 pm

In today!

Applied 12/22

User avatar
hob12
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby hob12 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:27 pm

In today. Hoping for scholly info soon.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: galeatus and 10 guests