Penn State c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
HellOnHeels
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby HellOnHeels » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:16 pm

davwrite wrote:Applied Jan. 8, went UR today, >75% LSAT <25% GPA.... I don't think posting this is going to soothe the anxiety as much as I expect

look at law school numbers, you can get a feel for how people w/ your numbers are doing. good luck!

davwrite
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby davwrite » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:44 pm

stephinmd wrote:
davwrite wrote:Applied Jan. 8, went UR today, >75% LSAT <25% GPA.... I don't think posting this is going to soothe the anxiety as much as I expect

look at law school numbers, you can get a feel for how people w/ your numbers are doing. good luck!


I have looked, and thanks for the wishes. Not going to draw any conclusions in this space, superstitious... Stay tuned, looking forward to news from everyone.

Bmarce
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:22 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby Bmarce » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:06 pm

I just got an email congratulating me on being admitted, my status checker still says that I am under review though.... Is this a common thing?

OUBobcat
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby OUBobcat » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:07 pm

In via email!!! Super excited to receive my first acceptance! How long did it take after everyone was accepted to receive snail mail information and scholarships?

OUBobcat
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby OUBobcat » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:09 pm

Bmarce wrote:I just got an email congratulating me on being admitted, my status checker still says that I am under review though.... Is this a common thing?


Mine is the same, congrats!!!

Bmarce
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:22 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby Bmarce » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:12 pm

OUBobcat wrote:
Bmarce wrote:I just got an email congratulating me on being admitted, my status checker still says that I am under review though.... Is this a common thing?


Mine is the same, congrats!!!


Congrats to you too.

BTWalk
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:58 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby BTWalk » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:16 pm

OUBobcat wrote:In via email!!! Super excited to receive my first acceptance! How long did it take after everyone was accepted to receive snail mail information and scholarships?



It all depends where you live really. I was accepted in december right before schools closed. But the ASO said it was mailed 1/6 and I received it the 10th I believe. I am at Lycoming College which is about 45 mins away from Penn State Main. If it from Carlise it is still good time. It should be there soon; so be patient.

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby neeko » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:19 pm

In via email as well!

Bmarce
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:22 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby Bmarce » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:23 pm

neeko wrote:In via email as well!


Congrats!

User avatar
minkopolis
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby minkopolis » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Also in today! Submitted 12/16, under review since 12/22. This is also my first acceptance, which, after 2 rejections, feels pretty fantastic!!!!!

User avatar
JD Janitor
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby JD Janitor » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:15 pm

In today! One for one so far. Hopefully more good news to come.

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby 89vision » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:31 am

How long has it taken people to go from stage 2 to decision rendered? The date changed from 1/9 to 1/17. Pretty anxious, seen some people on here that got in with around the same stats. Congrats to all that gained admissions, it is a rush getting that notification for sure. Thanks.

HellOnHeels
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby HellOnHeels » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:57 am

89vision wrote:How long has it taken people to go from stage 2 to decision rendered? The date changed from 1/9 to 1/17. Pretty anxious, seen some people on here that got in with around the same stats. Congrats to all that gained admissions, it is a rush getting that notification for sure. Thanks.

I don't think anyone has seen a stage 2 review at Penn State. Are you mixed up w/ Case?

z0rk
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby z0rk » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:40 am

stephinmd wrote:
89vision wrote:How long has it taken people to go from stage 2 to decision rendered? The date changed from 1/9 to 1/17. Pretty anxious, seen some people on here that got in with around the same stats. Congrats to all that gained admissions, it is a rush getting that notification for sure. Thanks.

I don't think anyone has seen a stage 2 review at Penn State. Are you mixed up w/ Case?


Steph,

I've been on a second date IR for some time now. I looked at your LSN profile and it shows that you retook the LSAT and scored significantly higher the second time. Perhaps this is why you did not see a 2nd date because that new LSAT score coupled with your GPA may have pushed you into an auto-admit (that may also be the case with UMD).

HellOnHeels
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby HellOnHeels » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:53 am

z0rk wrote:
stephinmd wrote:
89vision wrote:How long has it taken people to go from stage 2 to decision rendered? The date changed from 1/9 to 1/17. Pretty anxious, seen some people on here that got in with around the same stats. Congrats to all that gained admissions, it is a rush getting that notification for sure. Thanks.

I don't think anyone has seen a stage 2 review at Penn State. Are you mixed up w/ Case?


Steph,

I've been on a second date IR for some time now. I looked at your LSN profile and it shows that you retook the LSAT and scored significantly higher the second time. Perhaps this is why you did not see a 2nd date because that new LSAT score coupled with your GPA may have pushed you into an auto-admit (that may also be the case with UMD).

I saw that 89vision had also posted in the Case thread, so I thought maybe he posted his Case post into this thread. I was accepted to Penn state before Christmas, so that was before my new score even came out, so I don't think I was an auto admit. I was actually kind of surprised by it, and I had even sent them an email asking them to take the fact I was waiting on a score into consideration.

I hope you guys hear from them soon :)

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby 89vision » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:49 pm

Not confusing the two. I'm in stage 2 at both case and psu. The date at psu went from 1/9 stage 1 to 1/17 stage 2.

User avatar
JD Janitor
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby JD Janitor » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:44 pm

89vision wrote:Not confusing the two. I'm in stage 2 at both case and psu. The date at psu went from 1/9 stage 1 to 1/17 stage 2.


I applied December 20th or so and was complete january 7th. was accepted yesterday. I also took the december LSAT and was extremely surprised by the quick response.

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby 89vision » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:02 pm

Congrats.

defendthefort
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby defendthefort » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:10 am

In via email and with a Dean's scholly at the UP campus! I still don't know enough about Penn State Law.. Any students or knowledgeable people with some info would be great. I just want to know why the job placement is so low, salaries are so low, whether you all think that they will jump drastically in this new set of rankings like they did last time, and the overall quality of the school. If they could jump into tier one or close to it I'd have already accepted.

User avatar
minkopolis
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby minkopolis » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:34 am

defendthefort wrote:In via email and with a Dean's scholly at the UP campus! I still don't know enough about Penn State Law.. Any students or knowledgeable people with some info would be great. I just want to know why the job placement is so low, salaries are so low, whether you all think that they will jump drastically in this new set of rankings like they did last time, and the overall quality of the school. If they could jump into tier one or close to it I'd have already accepted.


Congrats on the scholarship! My acceptance email said my award info would come with my letter sometime in the next week or so... other people get this, too?

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby neeko » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:43 am

minkopolis wrote:
defendthefort wrote:In via email and with a Dean's scholly at the UP campus! I still don't know enough about Penn State Law.. Any students or knowledgeable people with some info would be great. I just want to know why the job placement is so low, salaries are so low, whether you all think that they will jump drastically in this new set of rankings like they did last time, and the overall quality of the school. If they could jump into tier one or close to it I'd have already accepted.


Congrats on the scholarship! My acceptance email said my award info would come with my letter sometime in the next week or so... other people get this, too?


They told me mine would be with the acceptance letter as well.

OUBobcat
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby OUBobcat » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:53 am

My email also said the "potential scholarship information" would come in the mail. Has anyone recently received their mailing yet?

LawperaMan
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby LawperaMan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:06 pm

Scholarship info in the mail with the acceptance letter.

Does anyone know about the difference between the 2 campuses? Do they use the same professors? Are there widely held opinions on the QoL, quality of education, etc etc and the differences between the 2?

(If this should be/already is in another forum, please let me know and accept my apologies in advance).

User avatar
hob12
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby hob12 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:29 pm

Also, does anyone have a link to employment stats? From what I know the salaries are so low because there is a fairly large amount of PI students with an average salary of 40K the private sector average is around 100K.

From what I've heard about campus, if you are looking for something of a social life or more of a community, then the UP campus is the way to go. The other campus, apparently is more commuter. (Source: I know a few people at the UP campus, so take their word for what it is)

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Penn State c/o 2015

Postby neeko » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:41 pm

hob12 wrote:Also, does anyone have a link to employment stats? From what I know the salaries are so low because there is a fairly large amount of PI students with an average salary of 40K the private sector average is around 100K.

From what I've heard about campus, if you are looking for something of a social life or more of a community, then the UP campus is the way to go. The other campus, apparently is more commuter. (Source: I know a few people at the UP campus, so take their word for what it is)


--LinkRemoved--

Private practice median at $70K for class of 2010.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hopeful applicant, lawschoolbound2017, mlp12, tww1999, VapidP and 29 guests