Drake c/o 2015 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shredderrrrrr

Re: Drake c/o 2015 applicants

Postby shredderrrrrr » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:26 pm

Opie wrote:Skip's, Noah's Ark, Americana, Django, Centro, Racoon River Brewing Co., Court Ave Brewing Co... The list goes on. Those are very different in style though.

Of these, I have only tried Skips, Raccoon River, and Court Ave so far. Loved them all. And FWIW, my sister said Centro is unbelievable.

Opie

Postby Opie » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:26 pm

vpintz wrote:
Opie wrote:Skip's, Noah's Ark, Americana, Django, Centro, Racoon River Brewing Co., Court Ave Brewing Co... The list goes on. Those are very different in style though.

Thanks =D <3 I'm thinking of going with Americana. Thanks for the help! =D

Non prob! Moscow Mules = Good.

Opie

Postby Opie » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:48 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:

Of these, I have only tried Skips, Raccoon River, and Court Ave so far. Loved them all. And FWIW, my sister said Centro is unbelievable.

Centro is pretty good. Not my favorite on the list though. Did you have the Steak DeBurgo at Skip's?

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:11 pm

Opie wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:

Centro is pretty good. Not my favorite on the list though. Did you have the Steak DeBurgo at Skip's?

Steph and I went there because they had some cheap stuff on the menu (unlike a lot of other restaurants we've looked at in the area) so we had to go for that instead of the fancy stuff (we only go to the other mentioned places when my sister is treating us :mrgreen: ). I got the pecan-crusted chicken and bacon cheeseburger soup though which were both amazing.

Opie

Postby Opie » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:52 pm

Katie gets that on a salad sometimes. The De Burgo is a little pricey (about $18 I think), but it's incredible and is a unique Des Moines item. Other places have it too, but Skip's is my favorite.

Americana is a great choice for the birthday. They have more space and a more varied theme. Plus, it's a restaurant based on cocktail culture!

llachans

Postby llachans » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:25 am

Thanks for the advice on distinguishing WDM and DM. I am the WORST at directions. I get turned around unbelievably easily. I'll just have to drive around - - that's really the only way it'll ever sink in.

Thanks for the invite vpintz! The big 21! I might have to partake in the festivities :D

As far as suggestions, what're the best disc golf, hiking, and fishing spots nearby? I tried to scope some out when I last visited, but my time was cut incredibly short and it was at the bottom of my list.

Opie

Postby Opie » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:13 am

llachans wrote:Thanks for the advice on distinguishing WDM and DM. I am the WORST at directions. I get turned around unbelievably easily. I'll just have to drive around - - that's really the only way it'll ever sink in.

Thanks for the invite vpintz! The big 21! I might have to partake in the festivities :D

As far as suggestions, what're the best disc golf, hiking, and fishing spots nearby? I tried to scope some out when I last visited, but my time was cut incredibly short and it was at the bottom of my list.

It's not too hard. Just takes some getting used to.

I dont know of any disc golf course in Des Moines because I don't play. I know there are some though. I believe you can buy supplies at Day Dreams, thea head shop across the street from Drake on University. They could probably tell you where to play.

Hiking is more my speed. for simple walking in the woods, Greenwood Park (just South of Grand) has paved trails for foot or bike that go for a few miles all the way to Waterworks Park, where there are more trails. There are also trails around Saylorville lake on the North side of town, and if you want to drive an hour, Ledges State Park has great trails that wind through the hills. This is the best true hiking spot in Central Iowa.

For fishing, I would recommend Bug Creek over by Saylorville. I haven't fished much in Polk County. I know several spots in Story County just North of Polk. Keep in mind that you need a license to fish in Iowa. I think you can get those at Dahl's on Ingersoll. They're pretty cheap.

llachans

Postby llachans » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:47 am

Thanks for the suggestions Opie! I'll have to look into those more!

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:18 pm

Section assignments are up! I'm in 301.

llachans

Postby llachans » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:26 pm

vpintz wrote:Section assignments are up! I'm in 301.

Where were section assignments posted/sent to? For some reason, it won't let me log into my Drake e-mail. Is anyone else having this problem?

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:46 pm

llachans wrote:

Where were section assignments posted/sent to? For some reason, it won't let me log into my Drake e-mail. Is anyone else having this problem?

You check it on the Drake BlueView/My Dusis webpage.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:19 pm

vpintz wrote:
llachans wrote:

I'm in BlueView/My Dusis but I cant find it anywhere.

ETA: Nevermind, found it. Looks like I'm section 300.
Last edited by shredderrrrrr on Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

llachans

Postby llachans » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:21 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:

Hm. Me neither even though I was signed in. Maybe later tonight or tomorrow?

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:22 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
vpintz wrote:
llachans wrote:

Load My Dusis. Click "student services and financial aid." Click "registration." Then click "select term," select the term labelled "fall law 2012" (or something to that point), then click "student detail schedule."

eta: and then, if you're like me, the last important bit is to take a shot to dull the pain/annoyance of the website's ridiculous navigation.
Last edited by vpintz on Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:26 pm

You guys going to bar review in about 30 minutes?

Opie

Postby Opie » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:15 pm

Grrr! Don't have my ID with me!

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:19 pm

Opie wrote:Grrr! Don't have my ID with me!

boo :[ if it helps, your student ID number is also on yr fin aid award package letter(s).

llachans

Postby llachans » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:16 am

vpintz wrote:Load My Dusis. Click "student services and financial aid." Click "registration." Then click "select term," select the term labelled "fall law 2012" (or something to that point), then click "student detail schedule."

eta: and then, if you're like me, the last important bit is to take a shot to dull the pain/annoyance of the website's ridiculous navigation.

Wow. For some reason that gave me more trouble than it should have. I'm in 300!

Opie

Postby Opie » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:51 am

llachans wrote:
vpintz wrote:Load My Dusis. Click "student services and financial aid." Click "registration." Then click "select term," select the term labelled "fall law 2012" (or something to that point), then click "student detail schedule."

Wow. For some reason that gave me more trouble than it should have. I'm in 300!

You're with Sgrederrr and me! Poor VPintz! I wonder if it has anything to do with summer con law?

llachans

Postby llachans » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:18 pm

Opie wrote:
You're with Sgrederrr and me! Poor VPintz! I wonder if it has anything to do with summer con law?

Yay! TLS party. I feel bad for VPintz though : (

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:14 pm

llachans wrote:
Opie wrote:

TSO BUMMED. srsly :[ even my favorite con law classmates are in 300. AND YOU GUYS GET PENLAND FOR LW soooo jealous.

Opie

Postby Opie » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:35 pm

vpintz wrote:
llachans wrote:
Opie wrote:

TSO BUMMED. srsly :[ even my favorite con law classmates are in 300. AND YOU GUYS GET PENLAND FOR LW soooo jealous.

My schedule says Edwards. Is that not correct?

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:36 pm

Opie wrote:
vpintz wrote:
llachans wrote:
Opie wrote:

My schedule says Edwards. Is that not correct?

As far as I know, Penland got married over the summer (and changed her last name), so it might still be the same prof.

Opie

Postby Opie » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:22 pm

I think it is J Edwards though who is the assistant dean in charge of the library. That could be a placeholder name though.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:23 pm

Opie wrote:I think it is J Edwards though who is the assistant dean in charge of the library. That could be a placeholder name though.

Hmm...could be.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”