Drake c/o 2015 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Opie

Re: Drake c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Opie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:51 pm

vpintz wrote:I'M GOING TO THE ASD!!!!!!!1111ONEONEONE =DDDDDD

My parents are coming through and paying for my flight as part of my graduation present. YAY! =D

Woo hoo!!! Many moar conversations about this shortly. (I have to prep for class)

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:07 pm

Opie wrote:

My parents are coming through and paying for my flight as part of my graduation present. YAY! =D

Woo hoo!!! Many moar conversations about this shortly. (I have to prep for class)

Fantabulous. 8D

Opie

Postby Opie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:23 pm

vpintz wrote:
Opie wrote:

Fantabulous. 8D

What day are you coming down?
Are you staying at the Holiday Inn (I'm assuming so)?
Do you need a ride from the airport (goes for anyone else who is flying in, but Shrederrrr will be driving I'm sure)?

For Everyone: Who else is coming???

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:30 pm

Opie wrote:
vpintz wrote:
Opie wrote:

Fantabulous. 8D

What day are you coming down?
Are you staying at the Holiday Inn (I'm assuming so)?
Do you need a ride from the airport (goes for anyone else who is flying in, but Shrederrrr will be driving I'm sure)?

For Everyone: Who else is coming???

Flying in on Friday the 30th, probably mid morning. Yes. And that would be wonderful =D I won't be able to book the flight until the 15th (that's my payday) but I will be sure to PM you with deets :]

Opie

Postby Opie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Awesome. We need to get our TLS meetup going. :mrgreen:

DocHawkeye

Postby DocHawkeye » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:21 pm

I'm curious about the schedule fo ASW. Last year, there was nothing for visitors and guests to do between the Supreme Court arguments in the morning and the dinner in the evening on Saturday (they didn't even provide us lunch!). It made for a long and tedious day epsecially since my wife and I had to check out of our hotel before the arguments in the morning and were basically left with nothing to do for seven hours. I hope they fixed this?

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:34 pm

DocHawkeye wrote:I'm curious about the schedule fo ASW. Last year, there was nothing for visitors and guests to do between the Supreme Court arguments in the morning and the dinner in the evening on Saturday (they didn't even provide us lunch!). It made for a long and tedious day epsecially since my wife and I had to check out of our hotel before the arguments in the morning and were basically left with nothing to do for seven hours. I hope they fixed this?

From the email/PDF that has the day's schedule of events, it looks like they've changed that for this year. :]

Opie

Postby Opie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:55 pm

--LinkRemoved--
There's the schedule, very much fixed.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:43 am

Opie wrote:Awesome. We need to get our TLS meetup going. :mrgreen:

tso tso excited =D

Opie

Postby Opie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:50 am

vpintz wrote:

tso tso excited =D

Me too! I'm thinking we need a group TLS breakfast before the Supreme Court arguments.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:50 am

Opie wrote:
vpintz wrote:

tso tso excited =D

Me too! I'm thinking we need a group TLS breakfast before the Supreme Court arguments.

gasdgfhjfhkasfd I love this idea.

Opie

Postby Opie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:53 am

vpintz wrote:
Opie wrote:
vpintz wrote:

tso tso excited =D

I know of some pretty awesome places. Anyone have any dietary restrictions?

checkster

Postby checkster » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:54 am

Kind of wish I wouldn't have withdrawn just so I could come hang out as ASW :p

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Opie wrote:
vpintz wrote:
Opie wrote:Me too! I'm thinking we need a group TLS breakfast before the Supreme Court arguments.

No restrictions on my part. I just really like food in general >.>

Opie

Postby Opie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:02 pm

checkster wrote:Kind of wish I wouldn't have withdrawn just so I could come hang out as ASW :p

Haha!! You can still hang out! Good luck getting a hotel stipend though.

llachans

Postby llachans » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:05 pm

I just applied! I honestly have no idea why I didn't apply earlier since I am in love with Iowa and would love to eventually practice there. Hoping for good money!

Opie

Postby Opie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:06 pm

vpintz wrote:
Opie wrote:
vpintz wrote:
Opie wrote:Me too! I'm thinking we need a group TLS breakfast before the Supreme Court arguments.

Mr. Filet is a downtown staple for breakfast and lunch.
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/62/671174/r ... Des-Moines

And there's always Ritual Cafe (you can't tell by the website, but this is a GLBTQ hangout)
http://www.ritualcafedsmiowa.com/index.html

Opie

Postby Opie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:07 pm

llachans wrote:I just applied! I honestly have no idea why I didn't apply earlier since I am in love with Iowa and would love to eventually practice there. Hoping for good money!

Good luck!! I know one full ride just withdrew a couple of days ago, so there may be some money left. I'm not sure how much they overgive knowing some will withdraw.

ETA: just checked out your numbers. You should be autoadmit if they have room. You should get scholly money too. I'm not sure how much, but I would guess around $20k if they have it left (per year).
Last edited by Opie on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

llachans

Postby llachans » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Opie wrote:
llachans wrote:I just applied! I honestly have no idea why I didn't apply earlier since I am in love with Iowa and would love to eventually practice there. Hoping for good money!

Good luck!! I know one full ride just withdrew a couple of days ago, so there may be some money left. I'm not sure how much they overgive knowing some will withdraw.

Awesome! Thanks : ) I was just reading the past couple pages and I really hope they offer me some money given the positive reviews of the LGBTQ community.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:10 pm

Opie wrote:
vpintz wrote:
Opie wrote:

Mr. Filet is a downtown staple for breakfast and lunch.
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/62/671174/r ... Des-Moines

And there's always Ritual Cafe (you can't tell by the website, but this is a GLBTQ hangout)
http://www.ritualcafedsmiowa.com/index.html

hnghh Mr. Filet sounds fantastic.

Ooooh, good luck =D

Opie

Postby Opie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:11 pm

llachans wrote:
Opie wrote:

Awesome! Thanks : ) I was just reading the past couple pages and I really hope they offer me some money given the positive reviews of the LGBTQ community.

Are you in the area now? (also, see my above edit)

Opie

Postby Opie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:11 pm

vpintz wrote:hnghh Mr. Filet sounds fantastic.

It is! It's a power lunch hotspot for lawyers and business types downtown.

llachans

Postby llachans » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Opie wrote:
llachans wrote:
Opie wrote:

That makes my day! I just visited MSU (kind of half-heartedly) but surprisingly really liked their emphasis on practical clinical programs. I'm not sure if I'm sold on East Lansing or Michigan's LGBTQ policies in general though. I was just browsing through Drake's clinical opportunities and it seems similar to MSU's approach!

I live outside Chicago but I did my undergrad at the U of Iowa and visited Des Moines occasionally. I got accepted to Iowa but am still waiting on money. I'd definitely choose Drake with huge money over Iowa's crazy stips though. I'm really excited about this last minute decision to apply!

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:16 pm

llachans wrote:
Opie wrote:
llachans wrote:Awesome! Thanks : ) I was just reading the past couple pages and I really hope they offer me some money given the positive reviews of the LGBTQ community.

That makes my day! I just visited MSU (kind of half-heartedly) but surprisingly really liked their emphasis on practical clinical programs. I'm not sure if I'm sold on East Lansing or Michigan's LGBTQ policies in general though. I was just browsing through Drake's clinical opportunities and it seems similar to MSU's approach!

I live outside Chicago but I did my undergrad at the U of Iowa and visited Des Moines occasionally. I got accepted to Iowa but am still waiting on money. I'd definitely choose Drake with huge money over Iowa's crazy stips though. I'm really excited about this last minute decision to apply!

This pleases me. |8 (resident LGBTQ chick here 8D)

llachans

Postby llachans » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:17 pm

vpintz wrote:
llachans wrote:
Opie wrote:
llachans wrote:Awesome! Thanks : ) I was just reading the past couple pages and I really hope they offer me some money given the positive reviews of the LGBTQ community.

This pleases me. |8 (resident LGBTQ chick here 8D)

haha. I am also a chick. I know how wonderful IC's LGBTQ community is and from what I've seen about Des Moines, it's quite similar.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”