Drake c/o 2015 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
vpintz

Re: Drake c/o 2015 applicants

Postby vpintz » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:08 pm

Opie wrote:One cool thing that was mentioned by the student that wrote me is that Iowa students usually don't even apply to Des Moines jobs because Drake has the lock on the market.

awh yeah |8

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:16 pm

vpintz wrote:
Opie wrote:One cool thing that was mentioned by the student that wrote me is that Iowa students usually don't even apply to Des Moines jobs because Drake has the lock on the market.

awh yeah |8

vpintz: Are you a current student? I can't remember if you're applying to Drake or if you already attend.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:20 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
vpintz wrote:

awh yeah |8

vpintz: Are you a current student? I can't remember if you're applying to Drake or if you already attend.

Applied and accepted, don't attend (yet). I'm a senior in UG right now. The "awh yeah" was an "oh thank god" comment :3

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:21 pm

vpintz wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:
vpintz wrote:

awh yeah |8

Applied and accepted, don't attend (yet). I'm a senior in UG right now. The "awh yeah" was an "oh thank god" comment :3

Haha I follow. Do you think you'll end up at Drake? Where else did you apply?

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:23 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
vpintz wrote:Applied and accepted, don't attend (yet). I'm a senior in UG right now. The "awh yeah" was an "oh thank god" comment :3

Honestly, I probably will. Applied at Berkeley (dinged, which is fine, because I only applied for shits and giggles), American (WL, will be withdrawing my app due to their RIDICULOUS WL-acceptance deposit policy), Wisconsin (WL), and Northeastern (my first choice, still haven't heard back). If I don't get into Northeastern, I'll definitely be attending Drake...and even if I do get accepted, it's gonna be a tough choice for me (I love DSM and Boston, love both schools, etc.).

Opie

Postby Opie » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:27 pm

vpintz wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:
vpintz wrote:Applied and accepted, don't attend (yet). I'm a senior in UG right now. The "awh yeah" was an "oh thank god" comment :3

Honestly, I probably will. Applied at Berkeley (dinged, which is fine, because I only applied for shits and giggles), American (WL, will be withdrawing my app due to their RIDICULOUS WL-acceptance deposit policy), Wisconsin (WL), and Northeastern (my first choice, still haven't heard back). If I don't get into Northeastern, I'll definitely be attending Drake...and even if I do get accepted, it's gonna be a tough choice for me (I love DSM and Boston, love both schools, etc.).

Des Moines is way better than Boston. Hands down. We don't have Massholes everywhere. ;)

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Opie wrote:
vpintz wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:

Des Moines is way better than Boston. Hands down. We don't have Massholes everywhere. ;)

I kinda agree...as you know, I grew up in DSM and would /LOVE/ to live there again. But I love love love Boston...so basically I'd be happy in either city. Although, I have a strange feeling that (oddly enough) Drake places better in DSM than NEU does in Boston...but I don't know. Obviously I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. And hey, I might not even have to make the decision...

Semi-related: I'm going to either DSM or Boston for spring break. If I go to Boston, it'll be cheaper because I can stay with a close friend, flights are cheaper, etc. But I know I probably /should/ go to DSM and check out housing...le sigh.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:36 pm

I kinda agree...as you know, I grew up in DSM and would /LOVE/ to live there again. But I love love love Boston...so basically I'd be happy in either city. Although, I have a strange feeling that (oddly enough) Drake places better in DSM than NEU does in Boston...but I don't know. Obviously I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. And hey, I might not even have to make the decision...

Semi-related: I'm going to either DSM or Boston for spring break. If I go to Boston, it'll be cheaper because I can stay with a close friend, flights are cheaper, etc. But I know I probably /should/ go to DSM and check out housing...le sigh.

I'd offer to let you stay with me, but I'm 2 hours away lol. Just priceline it! You can probably get a kickass hotel for $50.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:38 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:

I'd offer to let you stay with me, but I'm 2 hours away lol. Just priceline it! You can probably get a kickass hotel for $50.

Haha, it's all good. If I do go to DSM, I'd probably end up staying at my aunt's house (iirc, she lives like...20 minutes away from Drake).

Opie

Postby Opie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:15 pm

Sooooooo....

WHO'S GOING TO ASD????!!!!

I'm excited to have received the email today (can you tell?)!

Looks like Drake is offering a free night in the closest hotel which is the nicest Holiday Inn Express I've ever seen. All of the visiting professor's, etc., stay there. It's walking distance to Drake, has the Drake Diner (yum!) behind it, and is also walking distance to Mars cafe, etc.

I am willing to help anyone that needs it with info, travel arrangements, ride from the airport, whatever you need; so don't be shy!

Also, who is going to what?? I plan to go to all of it most likely. From Arguments to banquet. It's going to be a long day!

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:17 pm

Opie wrote:Sooooooo....

Looks like Drake is offering a free night in the closest hotel which is the nicest Holiday Inn Express I've ever seen. All of the visiting professor's, etc., stay there. It's walking distance to Drake, has the Drake Diner (yum!) behind it, and is also walking distance to Mars cafe, etc.

I am willing to help anyone that needs it with info, travel arrangements, ride from the airport, whatever you need; so don't be shy!

Also, who is going to what?? I plan to go to all of it most likely. From Arguments to banquet. It's going to be a long day!

Hmmmmm. I might go. I really want to go, but where I just dropped a decent amount of money on my trip to Boston for spring break (which is just a few weeks before ASD)...I don't know if I'll be able to afford it (although the hotel stipend does help). If I can manage it, I'll probably go.

(also, scooped! I ran here to post about ASD :3 )

Opie

Postby Opie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:37 pm

vpintz wrote:
Opie wrote:Sooooooo....

Hmmmmm. I might go. I really want to go, but where I just dropped a decent amount of money on my trip to Boston for spring break (which is just a few weeks before ASD)...I don't know if I'll be able to afford it (although the hotel stipend does help). If I can manage it, I'll probably go.

(also, scooped! I ran here to post about ASD :3 )

Boo! Looks like flights are about $350. I wish they would have released this earlier.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Opie wrote:Boo! Looks like flights are about $350. I wish they would have released this earlier.

Seriously. I really want to go, too. I just really wish that they would have announced it sooner--if they had, I wouldn't be going to Boston for spring break, and I would have saved my money for ASD. le sigh.

Opie

Postby Opie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:39 pm

vpintz wrote:
Opie wrote:Boo! Looks like flights are about $350. I wish they would have released this earlier.

Seriously. I really want to go, too. I just really wish that they would have announced it sooner--if they had, I wouldn't be going to Boston for spring break, and I would have saved my money for ASD. le sigh.

Tell them you're deciding between Drake and some other school and see if they'll help you out!

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:55 pm

Opie wrote:
vpintz wrote:

Tell them you're deciding between Drake and some other school and see if they'll help you out!

Hmm, good idea :3 thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that :]

mwb_2012

Postby mwb_2012 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:02 pm

Got my acceptance! Still up in the air between here and Marquette!

Opie

Postby Opie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:07 pm

mwb_2012 wrote:Got my acceptance! Still up in the air between here and Marquette!

I think Drake is a better school than Marquette personally, but you're going to be limited to Des Moines.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:45 pm

I'll most likely be attending. In all honesty, I was planning on being in Des Moines anyways to check out apartments that weekend, so I'll just have to move some things around.

WOOOOOHHHH I'm stoked.

Opie

Postby Opie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:47 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:I'll most likely be attending. In all honesty, I was planning on being in Des Moines anyways to check out apartments that weekend, so I'll just have to move some things around.

WOOOOOHHHH I'm stoked.

Me too!

We need to plan a TLS meetup. That's why we need a good list of all who will be there.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:52 pm

Opie wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:I'll most likely be attending. In all honesty, I was planning on being in Des Moines anyways to check out apartments that weekend, so I'll just have to move some things around.

WOOOOOHHHH I'm stoked.

Me too!

We need to plan a TLS meetup. That's why we need a good list of all who will be there.

Lol as it looks now, the TLS meetup will be Shredderrrrrr and Opie.

Opie

Postby Opie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:56 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
Opie wrote:

WOOOOOHHHH I'm stoked.

Me too!

Which is MORE THAN ENOUGH, if that's what it comes to!

God, I hope it's not.

No offense, Shrederrr.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:58 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
Opie wrote:

WOOOOOHHHH I'm stoked.

Me too!

:[ well this vpintz hopes she can join in on the TLS meetup madness. (she also enjoys talking in the third person.)

Opie

Postby Opie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:00 pm

vpintz wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:
Opie wrote:

WOOOOOHHHH I'm stoked.

Me too!

:[ well this vpintz hopes she can join in on the TLS meetup madness. (she also enjoys talking in the third person.)

Haha!! Well-played. If I were still working, I'd buy you a plane ticket, but I'm pretty much broke too. I did get a possible jerb today though, and I'm about to leave for another interview!

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:02 pm

Opie wrote:
Haha!! Well-played. If I were still working, I'd buy you a plane ticket, but I'm pretty much broke too. I did get a possible jerb today though, and I'm about to leave for another interview!

It's all good. I'm gonna see if I can badger admissions into fronting the bill. :3 (also, congrats and good luck!)

Opie

Postby Opie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:04 pm

vpintz wrote:
Opie wrote:

It's all good. I'm gonna see if I can badger admissions into fronting the bill. :3 (also, congrats and good luck!)

Thanks! It's not too bad either. Working semi-back office stuff for the bankruptcy department at a mortgagee. Makes a little more than what I was making before too.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”