Drake c/o 2015 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
vpintz

Silver

Re: Drake c/o 2015 applicants

Post by vpintz » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:11 am

Opie wrote:Still waiting around with no changes. Vpintz, when did you submit? Are your numbers particularly strong for Drake? I have a feeling that they only review the strongest apps before late December and I'd like to confirm that. My numbers are pretty decent for Drake, but I'd like to start my decision process as I'm already in at Iowa. I'm 164/3.57 and from Des Moines, so I'm sure I'll get it. It's more a question of money.

Mauer7, I know that one Opperman has already been offered according to LSN. Do you know the numbers of people who have actually TAKEN the Opperman? It doesn't look like the one on LSN will accept it as they are already in at GULC and Duke.
I submitted in late-September, file was complete on 10/13, got a decision in early November (I got the packet on the 9th, I think). My numbers are 154/3.7-ish. (I also had a strong PS and a strong/unique DS, and my mom used to work in the LS admissions office, so that might have had something to do with it.) As far as I know, you're right with that assumption, but I wouldn't be able to say for sure. FWIW, I'd consider you a strong applicant. (And congrats for getting into Iowa!)

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:33 am

vpintz wrote:
Opie wrote:Still waiting around with no changes. Vpintz, when did you submit? Are your numbers particularly strong for Drake? I have a feeling that they only review the strongest apps before late December and I'd like to confirm that. My numbers are pretty decent for Drake, but I'd like to start my decision process as I'm already in at Iowa. I'm 164/3.57 and from Des Moines, so I'm sure I'll get it. It's more a question of money.

Mauer7, I know that one Opperman has already been offered according to LSN. Do you know the numbers of people who have actually TAKEN the Opperman? It doesn't look like the one on LSN will accept it as they are already in at GULC and Duke.
I submitted in late-September, file was complete on 10/13, got a decision in early November (I got the packet on the 9th, I think). My numbers are 154/3.7-ish. (I also had a strong PS and a strong/unique DS, and my mom used to work in the LS admissions office, so that might have had something to do with it.) As far as I know, you're right with that assumption, but I wouldn't be able to say for sure. FWIW, I'd consider you a strong applicant. (And congrats for getting into Iowa!)
Thanks! I'm sure I'll get it in and I'm heavily considering Drake over Iowa because I own a home here and have a wife and kids. I need to do a lot of numbers crunching. That's why I want to see what they'll offer me. I don't think I'm in the running for the Opperman, but that would probably seal it for Drake.

mauer7

New

Post by mauer7 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:36 pm

Sorry, I am not familiar with how the scholarships are awarded or any numbers of my peers.

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:17 pm

Decision rendered. Seat deposit amounts show up, does this mean I'm in?

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:46 pm

neeko wrote:Decision rendered. Seat deposit amounts show up, does this mean I'm in?
Yep! Congrats! =DDDD

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:55 pm

vpintz wrote:
neeko wrote:Decision rendered. Seat deposit amounts show up, does this mean I'm in?
Yep! Congrats! =DDDD
Can't wait to get the letter!

jeremydc

Bronze

Post by jeremydc » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:57 pm

Applying after my Dec Lsat. Really interested in Drake

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:32 pm

neeko wrote:
vpintz wrote:
Yep! Congrats! =DDDD
Can't wait to get the letter!
eee I'm so excited for you =D
jeremydc wrote:Applying after my Dec Lsat. Really interested in Drake
good deal...good luck on the LSAT and your admissions cycle! :]

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:15 pm

Decision rendered as well! They said a letter will be coming my day within 2 business days! Wooooo!!

Do you guys know if the letter will include scholarship information or is that something they determine later?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:20 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:Decision rendered as well! They said a letter will be coming my day within 2 business days! Wooooo!!

Do you guys know if the letter will include scholarship information or is that something they determine later?
My letter had scholly info in it. (Well, it was a blue folder with a bunch of letters, packets, info sheets, etc., scholly letter included.)

Does your status checker have a spot that lists seat deposits? If so, you're in! =D

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:00 pm

vpintz wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:Decision rendered as well! They said a letter will be coming my day within 2 business days! Wooooo!!

My letter had scholly info in it. (Well, it was a blue folder with a bunch of letters, packets, info sheets, etc., scholly letter included.)

Does your status checker have a spot that lists seat deposits? If so, you're in! =D
Yeah it does!! Nice!!

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:01 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
vpintz wrote:

Yeah it does!! Nice!!
Congrats! =D

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:57 am

Congrats folks! Still nothing for me though.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:29 am

I just realized that I'm not even in review yet. I totally forgot about only being complete. Oh well. I'm guessing this wave of acceptances will come out and then I'll go into review.

I also just realized that my last post was from home 8 hours ago and I've already been at work for 20 minutes. :lol:

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:13 am

Opie wrote:I just realized that I'm not even in review yet. I totally forgot about only being complete. Oh well. I'm guessing this wave of acceptances will come out and then I'll go into review.

I also just realized that my last post was from home 8 hours ago and I've already been at work for 20 minutes. :lol:
I didn't go into review. Those words across the top of the page disappeared though.

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:08 am

Are you referring to the "please allow four weeks" thing at the top of the screen Neeko?

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:41 am

Opie wrote:Are you referring to the "please allow four weeks" thing at the top of the screen Neeko?
Yup. It went away and my date changed to 11/28, then yesterday changed to decision rendered.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:02 pm

neeko wrote:
Opie wrote:Are you referring to the "please allow four weeks" thing at the top of the screen Neeko?
Yup. It went away and my date changed to 11/28, then yesterday changed to decision rendered.
Same here. I never went into review. The words at the top disappeared and then the date changed. It never said anything about in review though.

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Still nothing. Drake is really starting to look good too as I consider my cash flow situation. If I do go to Iowa, anyone want to rent my house?

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:06 pm

Opie wrote:Still nothing. Drake is really starting to look good too as I consider my cash flow situation. If I do go to Iowa, anyone want to rent my house?
Don't worry Opie, they're probably just busy preparing your Opperman scholarship.

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:06 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
Opie wrote:Still nothing. Drake is really starting to look good too as I consider my cash flow situation. If I do go to Iowa, anyone want to rent my house?
Don't worry Opie, they're probably just busy preparing your Opperman scholarship.
How hard can it be? My name is already on it!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jable500

New

Post by jable500 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:09 pm

Received blue packet about 3 days after "decision rendered". Scholarship info included!

Good luck to everyone!

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:21 pm

jable500 wrote:Received blue packet about 3 days after "decision rendered". Scholarship info included!

Good luck to everyone!
Congrats! =D

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:22 pm

jable500 wrote:Received blue packet about 3 days after "decision rendered". Scholarship info included!

Good luck to everyone!
Congrats!

I don't want to wait any longer! My status checker said on Friday morning that my packet would be sent within 2 business days. I thought it'd be here ASAP considering I live less than 2 hours away. Oh well. I'm just too anxious.

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:32 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:

Good luck to everyone!
Congrats!

I don't want to wait any longer! My status checker said on Friday morning that my packet would be sent within 2 business days. I thought it'd be here ASAP considering I live less than 2 hours away. Oh well. I'm just too anxious.
If you didn't get yours yet that doesn't bode well for me getting mine in Texas anytime soon. I was hoping it would be here today but nope.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”