Drake c/o 2015 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
neeko

Silver

Re: Drake c/o 2015 applicants

Post by neeko » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:00 pm

vpintz wrote:Not gonna lie, I'm curious about this Iowa drama nonsense >.>
Hahaha these people (maybe it was one person) was telling shreds that he was basically not going to have a career since he didn't like to drink.

That's what I remember from it, in a nutshell. It would stop for awhile, then resurface a few days later.

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:01 pm

neeko wrote:
Hahaha these people (maybe it was one person) was telling shreds that he was basically not going to have a career since he didn't like to drink.

That's what I remember from it, in a nutshell. It would stop for awhile, then resurface a few days later.
Aah gotcha. Sounds ridiculous. Not sure if want.

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:04 pm

vpintz wrote:
neeko wrote:

It was ridiculous

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:21 pm

neeko wrote:
vpintz wrote:
neeko wrote:

It was ridiculous
It's all still in the Iowa thread. Probably page 40ish maybe. Look for lots of posts by Shrederrr. :mrgreen:

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:23 pm

Opie wrote:
neeko wrote:
It was ridiculous
It's all still in the Iowa thread. Probably page 40ish maybe. Look for lots of posts by Shrederrr. :mrgreen:
Ah, gotcha. I think I'll check it out later, I'm in need of lulz.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Haha yep, everyone summed it up. I said I don't drink and don't really go to bars, and people freaked.

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Opie wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:
Opie wrote:There is partying at Drake, but not very much. There are only like 5 bars within walking distance, and I would argue that only like 2-3 of those are student friendly. The others are where you go to buy coke if you've got a LOT of street cred (read: visible gunshot scars and are on the basketball team).

Drake is NOT a party school. It (at least the UG school) has a rep for being where rich parents send their kids to keep them out of trouble. What partying there is tends to be Frat/Sorority related and those are all on one street just off campus on the opposite side from the law school.

Since there is a big pharmacy school there and the education school is noteworthy too, a lot of the students at Drake are grad level. They're pretty serious about their education, and are mostly pretty grown-up.

And I seriously hope they render a decision by tomorrow. I can't take this crap.

ETA: "don't provide . . . over the phone" is a load of crap btw. Didn't you find out over the phone Shredderrr?
Nope, I waited until the mail got here. The mail, however, did not include my scholarship offer, so I emailed Andrew about it. He then sent me that information via email.

And everything you tell me makes Drake sound better and better...
Ahh.. Okay. I knew that you found something out by other than mail.

Drake is a pretty decent atmosphere. It reminds me of all of the people you went to high school with that were vaguely friends with the popular kids, but didn't play in the popularity contest. Those are the people that go to Drake.

I think you'll really like it there. There's something for everyone, but overall most students are pretty much straight shooters.
Hey that's me! The kid that hung out with the popular kids but wasn't really considered one of the popular guys. Lol the kid that hung out with the baseball/basketball/football guys but also was friends with the band kids and was in the art club and on newspaper.

I must say, the school itself appeals to me as well. The practical emphasis is huge for me. I would imagine Iowa has a much more theoretical base.

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:00 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote: Hey that's me! The kid that hung out with the popular kids but wasn't really considered one of the popular guys. Lol the kid that hung out with the baseball/basketball/football guys but also was friends with the band kids and was in the art club and on newspaper.

I must say, the school itself appeals to me as well. The practical emphasis is huge for me. I would imagine Iowa has a much more theoretical base.
Hey, can I call em or what?

Iowa is more theory based than Drake from what I have heard. I think that is one reason local firms like Drake grads, they show up knowing something.

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:15 pm

Is it too much to ask for Drake staff to be working on a Sunday and accept me on my 30th birthday?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:14 pm

Opie wrote:Is it too much to ask for Drake staff to be working on a Sunday and accept me on my 30th birthday?
Happy birthday!

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:52 pm

neeko wrote:
Opie wrote:Is it too much to ask for Drake staff to be working on a Sunday and accept me on my 30th birthday?
Happy birthday!
Awww.. Thanks! :mrgreen:

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:19 pm

Opie wrote:
neeko wrote:
Happy birthday!
Happy birthday! Surely you have to have movement this week

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:04 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
Opie wrote:
neeko wrote:
Happy birthday!
Happy birthday! Surely you have to have movement this week
I sure hope so. I'm starting to favor Drake because I think life will be a lot easier if this is where I go.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:26 pm

Thank you for your interest in Drake Law School! A decision has been rendered on your application and a letter will be mailed within two business days. Per our policy we do not provide decisions over the phone or via email.
YAY!! Now to play the next waiting game (though I bet it comes tomorrow).

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Opie wrote:
Thank you for your interest in Drake Law School! A decision has been rendered on your application and a letter will be mailed within two business days. Per our policy we do not provide decisions over the phone or via email.

Yayyyyyy! A late birthday present!

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:31 pm

neeko wrote:
Opie wrote:

Yayyyyyy! A late birthday present!
Yep! And seat deposits are there for those who are wondering. Though, I wan't too worried about that.

ETA: having trouble adding dates on LSN. grr... :x

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:14 pm

Opie wrote:
Haha now enjoy what feels like the longest wait of your life!

It would be sweet if they just let you pick it up. Lol that'd be much quicker for you than waiting for the mail, ecspecially with the decreased efficiency resulting from budget cuts.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:20 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
Opie wrote:
Haha now enjoy what feels like the longest wait of your life!

It would be sweet if they just let you pick it up. Lol that'd be much quicker for you than waiting for the mail, ecspecially with the decreased efficiency resulting from budget cuts.
True, but I'm guessing it's probably already in the mail. I can wait. I'm busy today anyway (seems like it, doesn't it?).

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:28 am

Waiting question of the day: how long between decision and letter? And how far did it have to go. If you have the envelope and can tell me the postmark date, I'd love you forever. :mrgreen:

YankeeFan2

Bronze

Post by YankeeFan2 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:00 am

Opie wrote:Waiting question of the day: how long between decision and letter? And how far did it have to go. If you have the envelope and can tell me the postmark date, I'd love you forever. :mrgreen:
Here are my dates. Maybe this will help you.

12/15/11 - Decision Rendered (online status checker)

12/15/11 - Acceptance packet mailed with scholarship information. (This date was on the letters and postmark date)

12/20/11 - Letter from Dean Vestal. (This date was on the letter and postmark date)

Hope this helps!

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:05 am

YankeeFan2 wrote:
Opie wrote:Waiting question of the day: how long between decision and letter? And how far did it have to go. If you have the envelope and can tell me the postmark date, I'd love you forever. :mrgreen:
Here are my dates. Maybe this will help you.

12/15/11 - Decision Rendered (online status checker)

12/15/11 - Acceptance packet mailed with scholarship information. (This date was on the letters and postmark date)

12/20/11 - Letter from Dean Vestal. (This date was on the letter and postmark date)

Hope this helps!
That helps immensely! I'm trying to figure out if they mail the letters the same day they change the status checker. If they did, I should get the letter today. Looks like they do at least SOME of the time (darn logical reasoning spoiling my hopefulness).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:46 pm

It came! Not quite the rockstar Opperman scholarship that Shredderrr got, but it's pretty decent. $30k/year with the same stips that have been mentioned so far.

Now it's time to make serious considerations!

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:55 pm

Opie wrote:It came! Not quite the rockstar Opperman scholarship that Shredderrr got, but it's pretty decent. $30k/year with the same stips that have been mentioned so far.

Congrats! =D

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:56 pm

vpintz wrote:
Opie wrote:It came! Not quite the rockstar Opperman scholarship that Shredderrr got, but it's pretty decent. $30k/year with the same stips that have been mentioned so far.

Congrats! =D
Thanks! Anyone by chance know the actual tuition amount for 2012? All I can find is 2011.

ETA: Nevermind. I just called and asked. It's not available yet, but usually is available around March 1.

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Damn, I really wanted you to get an Opperman as well. That's still a nice scholarship though. Congrats! I can't remember the tuition prices, but that's got to be pretty close to full, isn't it?

I can't remember: did you ever hear back about scholarships for Iowa?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”