Drake c/o 2015 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
llachans

Silver

Re: Drake c/o 2015 applicants

Post by llachans » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:32 pm

I am getting really restless! I just want to move in and start classes already! I'm moving in August 3rd and the anticipation is killing me!

How are you enjoying classes so far, vpintz? How horrible is the workload? : )

Hawkeyes2520

New

Post by Hawkeyes2520 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:36 pm

I will be going to Drake in the fall. I signed a 1 year lease for a 1 bedroom apt. at Drake Point (just one block away from campus). It is $610 and is the larger one bedroom apt. I just found a two bedroom house that I am going to move in so if anyone is interested in the 1 bedroom, it is available. It is not a sublet so you will have to qualify and sign a lease with the Drake Point management. Please feel free to ask me any questions.

Here is a website with pictures and contact info: http://www.apartments.com/Iowa/Des-Moin ... ourt/89293

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:48 pm

llachans wrote:I am getting really restless! I just want to move in and start classes already! I'm moving in August 3rd and the anticipation is killing me!

How are you enjoying classes so far, vpintz? How horrible is the workload? : )
The work load is okay. Some classes are worse than others, and some classes are more enjoyable than others.

And Hawkeyes, thanks for the heads up! I have a friend who wants to move to DSM so that might come in handy =D

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:57 pm

Yay! Thread is back! I've been working too much to enjoy anything, but I'm glad people are enjoying town. We should all do something soon. Of course vpintz has a birthday soon (you would know that if you were on Facebook Shredderrrr), so that's something for us to do, but we should have a law school get together in the small break between con law and orientation.

Llachans, if you need help moving, let me know. I'm happy to lug crap.

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Opie wrote:Yay! Thread is back! I've been working too much to enjoy anything, but I'm glad people are enjoying town. We should all do something soon. Of course vpintz has a birthday soon (you would know that if you were on Facebook Shredderrrr), so that's something for us to do, but we should have a law school get together in the small break between con law and orientation.

Llachans, if you need help moving, let me know. I'm happy to lug crap.
Yep! It's my 21st and anybody ITT who has a Facebook should FB!inbox me so I can invite you to the event page. :] And I agree with a get together.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

llachans

Silver

Post by llachans » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:40 pm

Opie - I will definitely let you know if I could use your help to move in closer to our move-in date. The offer alone is really appreciated : )

Once I get settled in, I'd love to meet up with all of you!

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:25 pm

llachans wrote:Opie - I will definitely let you know if I could use your help to move in closer to our move-in date. The offer alone is really appreciated : )

No problem! Always happy to help when I can.

Anyone going to Bar Review on Friday? I'm assuming those who have FB got an invite.

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:36 pm

Opie wrote:
llachans wrote:Opie - I will definitely let you know if I could use your help to move in closer to our move-in date. The offer alone is really appreciated : )

Anyone going to Bar Review on Friday? I'm assuming those who have FB got an invite.
I got the invite. I might make an appearance. :]

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:31 pm

vpintz wrote:
Opie wrote:

Yay!

BTW, Shredderrr, you're invited too (even though you don't have FB).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:39 pm

Opie wrote:
vpintz wrote:
Opie wrote:

Yay!

This will sound super 0L, but what exactly is bar review? Lol I always assumed it was people reviewing for the bar exam?

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:57 am

shredderrrrrr wrote:
Opie wrote:
vpintz wrote:
Opie wrote: Anyone going to Bar Review on Friday? I'm assuming those who have FB got an invite.
Yay!

This will sound super 0L, but what exactly is bar review? Lol I always assumed it was people reviewing for the bar exam?
It's law students hanging out at a bar. this week it's at a place with a large food selection an takes place during the dinner hour, so don't feel weird about not drinking.

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:15 am

Opie wrote: It's law students hanging out at a bar. this week it's at a place with a large food selection an takes place during the dinner hour, so don't feel weird about not drinking.
OR BEING UNDER 21 GDI

llachans

Silver

Post by llachans » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:26 am

vpintz wrote:
Opie wrote: It's law students hanging out at a bar. this week it's at a place with a large food selection an takes place during the dinner hour, so don't feel weird about not drinking.
OR BEING UNDER 21 GDI
This might be a dumb question but do Des Moines bars have a 21 or 19 year old age limit? I only ask because Iowa City lets 19 year-olds in.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:34 pm

llachans wrote:
vpintz wrote:
OR BEING UNDER 21 GDI
This might be a dumb question but do Des Moines bars have a 21 or 19 year old age limit? I only ask because Iowa City lets 19 year-olds in.
I'm not sure. I don't think there are any special ordinances, but under 21 usually can't be in a bar after a certain time. And I think Iowa City did away with 19 year olds at the bar.

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:51 pm

Opie wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:
Opie wrote:
vpintz wrote: I got the invite. I might make an appearance. :]
Yay!

It's law students hanging out at a bar. this week it's at a place with a large food selection an takes place during the dinner hour, so don't feel weird about not drinking.
Cool! Is it generally open to 0Ls or would we be crashing? I just had hernia surgery but if I am feeling better on Friday I'd be interested in going! Where's it at?

llachans

Silver

Post by llachans » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:57 pm

Opie wrote:
I'm not sure. I don't think there are any special ordinances, but under 21 usually can't be in a bar after a certain time. And I think Iowa City did away with 19 year olds at the bar.
I forgot they eliminated it. I was just curious about Des Moines' venues. I also think there aren't any special ordinances.

shredderrrrrr wrote:
Cool! Is it generally open to 0Ls or would we be crashing? I just had hernia surgery but if I am feeling better on Friday I'd be interested in going! Where's it at?
I'm not sure if it's usually open to 0Ls, but this specific one definitely is. Like others have said, a law student messaged all of us in the Drake Law group to extend an invite. If I was in the area, I would most definitely join in on the fun.

It's at Capitol Pub & Hot Dog.

Good luck with your surgery recovery! Sounds painful : (

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:27 am

llachans wrote:
Opie wrote:
I forgot they eliminated it. I was just curious about Des Moines' venues. I also think there aren't any special ordinances.

shredderrrrrr wrote:
I'm not sure if it's usually open to 0Ls, but this specific one definitely is. Like others have said, a law student messaged all of us in the Drake Law group to extend an invite. If I was in the area, I would most definitely join in on the fun.

It's at Capitol Pub & Hot Dog.

Good luck with your surgery recovery! Sounds painful : (
Great! Thank you guys for the info and helping out a non-Facebooker!

Don't know if I'll be up for it by then but I hope so. Had to go into the ER tonight after I had unbearable pain from the surgery this morning. Now I'm just sitting waiting for my damn 4:00 catscan while forcing down 32 oz of lemonade/Gastrogafin mixture. Yuck.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

llachans

Silver

Post by llachans » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:19 am

shredderrrrrr wrote:

Don't know if I'll be up for it by then but I hope so. Had to go into the ER tonight after I had unbearable pain from the surgery this morning. Now I'm just sitting waiting for my damn 4:00 catscan while forcing down 32 oz of lemonade/Gastrogafin mixture. Yuck.
I definitely feel your pain! I broke my back in March after falling down a flight of stairs and am back to about 90% full recovery now. Just be glad you have time before law school to get all of this figured out (hopefully you'll be 100% by late August?!) - - I can't imagine dealing with medical things on top of the stress of law school.

I hope your catscan went well though!

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:33 am

llachans wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:

I definitely feel your pain! I broke my back in March after falling down a flight of stairs and am back to about 90% full recovery now. Just be glad you have time before law school to get all of this figured out (hopefully you'll be 100% by late August?!) - - I can't imagine dealing with medical things on top of the stress of law school.

It's not fun. Also shreds, I hope you feel better soon! D:

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:01 pm

llachans wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:

Thanks everyone for the kind words! Still in the hospital and was told I will be for anOther day or two. Considering my progress, I'll probably have to miss the bar review. But you're right. I'm happy this will be done by law school. They initially said I couldn't get in for hernia surgery until August but thankfully my fiancé is a ball-buster and got me in ASAP.

And sorry to hear about your back! That makes this seem like a walk in the park!

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:32 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
llachans wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:

Thanks everyone for the kind words! Still in the hospital and was told I will be for anOther day or two. Considering my progress, I'll probably have to miss the bar review. But you're right. I'm happy this will be done by law school. They initially said I couldn't get in for hernia surgery until August but thankfully my fiancé is a ball-buster and got me in ASAP.

And sorry to hear about your back! That makes this seem like a walk in the park!
Crazy coincidence: my sister in law JUST got out of the hospital from hernia surgery. She's recovering quickly, so hopefully you will too!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:37 am

Btw Shrederrr, there's a barbecue you are also invited to on Tuesday at 5:00 at old main apartments.

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:38 am

Opie wrote:Btw Shrederrr, there's a barbecue you are also invited to on Tuesday at 5:00 at old main apartments.
I'll def be at that one. Free food? I'm in.

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:53 am

vpintz wrote:
Opie wrote:Btw Shrederrr, there's a barbecue you are also invited to on Tuesday at 5:00 at old main apartments.
Me too!

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:19 am

Opie wrote:
vpintz wrote:
Me too!
CHECK YR FB DAMMIT

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”