UCONN applicants 2011-2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jessedvhs
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:24 am

Re: UCONN applicants 2011-2012

Postby jessedvhs » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:28 am

wfudeacons2005 wrote:In the hope of getting in for the PT program, I've sent LOCIs every 3 weeks or so...aside from the usual about grades, involvement, etc. I also have ended each with "UConn is my absolute first choice and I will attend if selected off the wait-list". Is anyone else anxiously riding out the WL? And, does anyone have a general idea when UConn starts to release WL decisions and how many people they generally take? It seems like they are maintaining a rather significant one this year. Unfortunately, with my borderline numbers, I'm not so sure all of the expressed interest is going to make much of a difference :(


I just spoke to the admissions director yesterday and said they plan to dip into the WL in the next couple weeks or so to start reevaluating applications.

jemenfous5
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:11 am

Re: UCONN applicants 2011-2012

Postby jemenfous5 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:56 am

Is anybody going to be commuting from southeastern CT next year? If so it would be great to set up a carpool. With gas prices so high, this might be a good idea!

wfudeacons2005
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:08 am

Re: UCONN applicants 2011-2012

Postby wfudeacons2005 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:11 pm

jessedvhs wrote:
wfudeacons2005 wrote:In the hope of getting in for the PT program, I've sent LOCIs every 3 weeks or so...aside from the usual about grades, involvement, etc. I also have ended each with "UConn is my absolute first choice and I will attend if selected off the wait-list". Is anyone else anxiously riding out the WL? And, does anyone have a general idea when UConn starts to release WL decisions and how many people they generally take? It seems like they are maintaining a rather significant one this year. Unfortunately, with my borderline numbers, I'm not so sure all of the expressed interest is going to make much of a difference :(


I just spoke to the admissions director yesterday and said they plan to dip into the WL in the next couple weeks or so to start reevaluating applications.


That's great news! I'm sure I'll start checking my phone/mail every 10 minutes beginning next week. Have my deposit in at RU and I'm really hoping to have this whole thing settled in the next month UConn or not so I can start looking for housing etc. etc.

User avatar
jessedvhs
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:24 am

Re: UCONN applicants 2011-2012

Postby jessedvhs » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:43 pm

wfudeacons2005 wrote:
jessedvhs wrote:
wfudeacons2005 wrote:In the hope of getting in for the PT program, I've sent LOCIs every 3 weeks or so...aside from the usual about grades, involvement, etc. I also have ended each with "UConn is my absolute first choice and I will attend if selected off the wait-list". Is anyone else anxiously riding out the WL? And, does anyone have a general idea when UConn starts to release WL decisions and how many people they generally take? It seems like they are maintaining a rather significant one this year. Unfortunately, with my borderline numbers, I'm not so sure all of the expressed interest is going to make much of a difference :(


I just spoke to the admissions director yesterday and said they plan to dip into the WL in the next couple weeks or so to start reevaluating applications.


That's great news! I'm sure I'll start checking my phone/mail every 10 minutes beginning next week. Have my deposit in at RU and I'm really hoping to have this whole thing settled in the next month UConn or not so I can start looking for housing etc. etc.


You, me, and the 10,000,000 others on this site. Hopefully, we'll hear something soon. West Hartford was pretty James Toney.

dirkaholic
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:24 am

Re: UCONN applicants 2011-2012

Postby dirkaholic » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:42 pm

wfudeacons2005 wrote:West Hartford was pretty James Toney.


I demand an explanation



Even when Toney was a middleweight, he insisted that he would one day be the heavyweight champion of the world. His October 4, 2003, victory over aging former heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield was Toney's entry into the heavyweight division. After a shaky first round, Toney picked the Atlanta legend apart with shots to the body and head before stopping him in the 9th round. After the fight Toney declared he was "undestructable", that he "got milk baby" and didnt want any "bad azz questions" from announcer Jim Gray.

User avatar
jessedvhs
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:24 am

Re: UCONN applicants 2011-2012

Postby jessedvhs » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:40 am

dirkaholic wrote:
wfudeacons2005 wrote:West Hartford was pretty James Toney.


I demand an explanation



Even when Toney was a middleweight, he insisted that he would one day be the heavyweight champion of the world. His October 4, 2003, victory over aging former heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield was Toney's entry into the heavyweight division. After a shaky first round, Toney picked the Atlanta legend apart with shots to the body and head before stopping him in the 9th round. After the fight Toney declared he was "undestructable", that he "got milk baby" and didnt want any "bad azz questions" from announcer Jim Gray.


ton·y/ˈtōnē/
Adjective:Fashionable among wealthy or stylish people: "a tony restaurant".

Spelling is indeed different but oh well.
One of the most underrated defensive boxers of all time, just don't bring up his fight against Randy Couture.

Image

User avatar
jessedvhs
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:24 am

Re: UCONN applicants 2011-2012

Postby jessedvhs » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:44 pm

Just emailed to me from admissions:


I write to provide an update about the waitlist and your admission status. At this time we are unable to make any waitlist offers. The class size may change between now and mid-June, by which time we will have accounted for all second deposits. It may be that we then have open seats, at which point we would again turn to our waitlist. We will maintain a waitlist through August, although we can never predict the extent to which we will use it. We do not rank the waitlist. If a seat becomes available we will review all waitlisted files.

wfudeacons2005
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:08 am

Re: UCONN applicants 2011-2012

Postby wfudeacons2005 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:09 pm

jessedvhs wrote:Just emailed to me from admissions:


I write to provide an update about the waitlist and your admission status. At this time we are unable to make any waitlist offers. The class size may change between now and mid-June, by which time we will have accounted for all second deposits. It may be that we then have open seats, at which point we would again turn to our waitlist. We will maintain a waitlist through August, although we can never predict the extent to which we will use it. We do not rank the waitlist. If a seat becomes available we will review all waitlisted files.


Sounds like they are totally packed. The only way that I can see them having any spots is if people that have deposited at UConn end up getting in other places off of wait lists or end up backing out for other misc. reasons. I feel like at most this could create what? 10 openings in July/August? With what seems to be a fairly substantial wait list, I don't like my odds.

When I saw the e-mail, I initially hoped for the best but now I am seriously considering just pulling off and going to Rutgers. I can't take putting my life on hold for what seems like several more months for a school that is MAYBE a tiny bit better.

User avatar
jessedvhs
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:24 am

Re: UCONN applicants 2011-2012

Postby jessedvhs » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:34 pm

wfudeacons2005 wrote:
jessedvhs wrote:Just emailed to me from admissions:


I write to provide an update about the waitlist and your admission status. At this time we are unable to make any waitlist offers. The class size may change between now and mid-June, by which time we will have accounted for all second deposits. It may be that we then have open seats, at which point we would again turn to our waitlist. We will maintain a waitlist through August, although we can never predict the extent to which we will use it. We do not rank the waitlist. If a seat becomes available we will review all waitlisted files.


Sounds like they are totally packed. The only way that I can see them having any spots is if people that have deposited at UConn end up getting in other places off of wait lists or end up backing out for other misc. reasons. I feel like at most this could create what? 10 openings in July/August? With what seems to be a fairly substantial wait list, I don't like my odds.

When I saw the e-mail, I initially hoped for the best but now I am seriously considering just pulling off and going to Rutgers. I can't take putting my life on hold for what seems like several more months for a school that is MAYBE a tiny bit better.



I think that is good idea. It's all about your patience threshold and how long you are willing to hold out over the summer. With the low volume of applicants (and 170+ scorers) nationwide, it appears that Uconn is planning on running lean for the c/o 2015 as opposed to letting the usual class number in. 10 openings sounds about right with the already relatively small incoming class. Just speculation but doesn't look good.

Void
Posts: 857
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:56 am

Re: UCONN applicants 2011-2012

Postby Void » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:28 pm

jessedvhs wrote:
wfudeacons2005 wrote:
jessedvhs wrote:Just emailed to me from admissions:


I write to provide an update about the waitlist and your admission status. At this time we are unable to make any waitlist offers. The class size may change between now and mid-June, by which time we will have accounted for all second deposits. It may be that we then have open seats, at which point we would again turn to our waitlist. We will maintain a waitlist through August, although we can never predict the extent to which we will use it. We do not rank the waitlist. If a seat becomes available we will review all waitlisted files.


Sounds like they are totally packed. The only way that I can see them having any spots is if people that have deposited at UConn end up getting in other places off of wait lists or end up backing out for other misc. reasons. I feel like at most this could create what? 10 openings in July/August? With what seems to be a fairly substantial wait list, I don't like my odds.

When I saw the e-mail, I initially hoped for the best but now I am seriously considering just pulling off and going to Rutgers. I can't take putting my life on hold for what seems like several more months for a school that is MAYBE a tiny bit better.



I think that is good idea. It's all about your patience threshold and how long you are willing to hold out over the summer. With the low volume of applicants (and 170+ scorers) nationwide, it appears that Uconn is planning on running lean for the c/o 2015 as opposed to letting the usual class number in. 10 openings sounds about right with the already relatively small incoming class. Just speculation but doesn't look good.


Sounds like decent speculation to me. The ranking drop is being taken pretty seriously around here so I wouldn't be surprised if admissions chose to under-enroll rather than hurt the LSAT/GPA medians.

wfudeacons2005
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:08 am

Re: UCONN applicants 2011-2012

Postby wfudeacons2005 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:23 am

Officially pulled off the WL to attend RU-N. Beautiful school and I loved West Hartford but holding out into the summer for such a long-shot was too much for me. Good luck to everyone that is waiting it out!

User avatar
Gracchus
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: UCONN applicants 2011-2012

Postby Gracchus » Fri May 18, 2012 1:29 am

Withdrew. BOL.
Last edited by Gracchus on Thu May 24, 2012 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snlckaz31
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:49 am

Re: UCONN applicants 2011-2012

Postby Snlckaz31 » Sat May 19, 2012 2:44 am

Would you mind sharing your numbers?

Snlckaz31
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:49 am

Re: UCONN applicants 2011-2012

Postby Snlckaz31 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:01 pm

Has anyone heard anything from the waitlist?

TrillyFilly
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:39 pm

Re: UCONN applicants 2011-2012

Postby TrillyFilly » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:41 pm

Yes, I heard yesterday and was accepted off the waitlist.

Snlckaz31
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:49 am

Re: UCONN applicants 2011-2012

Postby Snlckaz31 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:53 pm

Congrats. I'll be hanging around on the part time waitlist, but it's nice to know that there is some movement.

Parenthetical
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 9:49 am

Re: UCONN applicants 2011-2012

Postby Parenthetical » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:15 pm

TrillyFilly wrote:Yes, I heard yesterday and was accepted off the waitlist.

Congrats!! Are u planning to attend? Would u mind sharing your numbers?

Snlckaz31
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:49 am

Re: UCONN applicants 2011-2012

Postby Snlckaz31 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:57 am

I think I may be the only person on here who still checks this thread.. But just in case, has anyone heard from the waitlist recently? I last got an email in late June and haven't heard anything since. But their website does say they keep the waitlist til late August (probably orientation).

LawSchool3
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:27 pm

Re: UCONN applicants 2011-2012

Postby LawSchool3 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:36 pm

Snlckaz31 wrote:I think I may be the only person on here who still checks this thread.. But just in case, has anyone heard from the waitlist recently? I last got an email in late June and haven't heard anything since. But their website does say they keep the waitlist til late August (probably orientation).


Still checking this thread as well. And no word from the wait list either. The last update I got was from late June as well. Most schools keep their wait lists up until the first day of scheduled classes right. Did anybody receive admission offers within the past two months?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kaziende, ls2016!, zeglo and 17 guests