Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ssiegfried
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:23 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby ssiegfried » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:17 pm

CPM723 wrote:How do you become eligible for grant money?


I am pretty sure Loyola uses the FAFSA to determine grant money. That is what they do for the undergrads at least (I am one).

I'll also be attending the March 16th/17th ASW... I hope to meet some of you there!

Bradlo722
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby Bradlo722 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Visited yesterday! Great school with an awesome facility. A few things:

If you haven't received merit aid, you probably won't.
However, the need based aid is based of your EFC. Therefore, fill out your FAFSA. Only like 19 students didn't receive need based aid last year I guess.

User avatar
h2oplyer7
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby h2oplyer7 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:49 pm

I am very excited to visit the school. So you liked the facilities. The only thing that makes me nervous is how many other higher ranked schools are in the area. Did you get the impression that Loyola has a good reputation around town?

Bradlo722
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby Bradlo722 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:16 pm

h2oplyer7 wrote:I am very excited to visit the school. So you liked the facilities. The only thing that makes me nervous is how many other higher ranked schools are in the area. Did you get the impression that Loyola has a good reputation around town?


Definitely, I got the feeling that they know they are a good school and have a sort of quite confidence about it. I have visited all three 2nd tier law schools in Chicago (Loyola, Kent, DePaul) and I felt that Loyola has a good rep. They obviously cannot run with the big boys like UIC and Northwestern but they have placed well in the past and their Alumni help out a lot with donations and mentorship through the career services office. That was just my feeling.

checkster
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby checkster » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:23 pm

I've gotten the same sense after visiting those 3 and speaking with alumni. However, the lack of significant financial aid makes it tough for me to consider LUC, even though I'd love to attend.

arae13
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby arae13 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:01 pm

h2oplyer7 wrote:They obviously cannot run with the big boys like UIC and Northwestern but they have placed well in the past and their Alumni help out a lot with donations and mentorship through the career services office. That was just my feeling.


lol.

dreambig
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:21 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby dreambig » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Just got my scholarship offer. $12,000/year 2.0 GPA stipulation for renewal.

yg13
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby yg13 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:36 pm

New poster here.

I got admitted to Loyola. My #'s are 160 LSAT - 3.51 LSDAS GPA - OOS - Non URM

The scholarship offer was $12k a year, only stip is maintaining 2.0 GPA

Good luck to everyone waiting on a decision

profkdg
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:27 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby profkdg » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:05 am

chunkers24 wrote:
sbuzz wrote:Anyone applying for any of the fellowships available to entering students?


I applied for the Child and Family Law Fellowship. I was just wondering how many people apply for the fellowships...


I applied for the ChildLaw Fellowship too. I wonder if we'll get an email telling us our apps are under review (I've received emails like that for other full-tuition scholarships to which I've applied). Anyone gotten an email like this regarding ChildLaw?

User avatar
CPM723
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby CPM723 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:20 am

How do you apply for these fellowships? I can't seem to find it.

JG7773
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:02 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby JG7773 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:28 am

CPM723 wrote:How do you apply for these fellowships? I can't seem to find it.


http://www.luc.edu/law/admission/financ ... ships.html

User avatar
CPM723
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby CPM723 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:42 am

JG7773 wrote:
CPM723 wrote:How do you apply for these fellowships? I can't seem to find it.


http://www.luc.edu/law/admission/financ ... ships.html


Thanks. I found them soon after I posted that. We don't have to commit to going to Loyola in order to apply, correct?

JG7773
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:02 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby JG7773 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:48 am

CPM723 wrote:
JG7773 wrote:
CPM723 wrote:How do you apply for these fellowships? I can't seem to find it.


http://www.luc.edu/law/admission/financ ... ships.html


Thanks. I found them soon after I posted that. We don't have to commit to going to Loyola in order to apply, correct?


I don't think so. I didn't see anything that said that explicitly.

User avatar
CPM723
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby CPM723 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:11 am

It says that everything must be submitted by March 1st for the fellowship. Does that mean everything must be post-marked by then, or in their hands?

User avatar
givemea170
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby givemea170 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:25 pm

Accepted today via email. That was very quick...

Does anyone know how long it will take for scholarship info to arrive after an acceptance email?

rma
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:08 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby rma » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:41 pm

CPM723 wrote:It says that everything must be submitted by March 1st for the fellowship. Does that mean everything must be post-marked by then, or in their hands?


The IP law fellowship application clearly states "All documentation must be received by March 1."

Which fellowship are you applying for?

User avatar
CPM723
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby CPM723 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:56 pm

rma wrote:
CPM723 wrote:It says that everything must be submitted by March 1st for the fellowship. Does that mean everything must be post-marked by then, or in their hands?


The IP law fellowship application clearly states "All documentation must be received by March 1."

Which fellowship are you applying for?


I'm applying for the Child Law one. I called today and they said that it just had to be postmarked by the 1st.

xChiTowNx
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:16 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby xChiTowNx » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:29 pm

Hey so status checker doesn't have the decision status on it, just says Program: "FT JD"

anyone have any idea if that means a decision letter to follow?

yg13
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby yg13 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:40 pm

xChiTowNx wrote:Hey so status checker doesn't have the decision status on it, just says Program: "FT JD"

anyone have any idea if that means a decision letter to follow?



Did you check your email to make sure they didn't email you a decision?

xChiTowNx
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:16 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby xChiTowNx » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:05 pm

yg13 wrote:
xChiTowNx wrote:Hey so status checker doesn't have the decision status on it, just says Program: "FT JD"

anyone have any idea if that means a decision letter to follow?



Did you check your email to make sure they didn't email you a decision?


Yup, I checked my spam since it had two of my status checker log ins sent there. Nothing from Loyola other than my status checker log in.

Here's what it looks like:
Image

thanks for your help!

User avatar
Dislaw
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby Dislaw » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:11 pm

CPM723 wrote:
rma wrote:
CPM723 wrote:It says that everything must be submitted by March 1st for the fellowship. Does that mean everything must be post-marked by then, or in their hands?


The IP law fellowship application clearly states "All documentation must be received by March 1."

Which fellowship are you applying for?


I'm applying for the Child Law one. I called today and they said that it just had to be postmarked by the 1st.


Am I missing something? Aren't you supposed to send your scholarship apps via email?

jgrady1
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby jgrady1 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:24 pm

Dislaw wrote:
CPM723 wrote:
rma wrote:
CPM723 wrote:It says that everything must be submitted by March 1st for the fellowship. Does that mean everything must be post-marked by then, or in their hands?


The IP law fellowship application clearly states "All documentation must be received by March 1."

Which fellowship are you applying for?


I'm applying for the Child Law one. I called today and they said that it just had to be postmarked by the 1st.


Am I missing something? Aren't you supposed to send your scholarship apps via email?


You can send it either way

User avatar
CPM723
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby CPM723 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:47 pm

Just sent everything in for the ChildLaw Fellowship. Any other people apply?

jgrady1
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby jgrady1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:28 pm

Sent my health law fellowship application yesterday. Took a lot longer than I expected lol. Anyone else applying?

JG7773
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:02 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby JG7773 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:25 pm

Just got the schedule for the ASD next Saturday, looks like it should be a good event. Not sure why, but I am looking forward to the mock class.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Automotomayor, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests