Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jgrady1
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby jgrady1 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:56 pm

Will do! I am visiting St. Louis tomorrow, DePaul on Wed. and Loyola on Thursday. It will be nice to compare all the schools especially their health law programs.

checkster
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby checkster » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:25 pm

^ We're looking at the same places. Too bad about not getting to see what SLU will actually be like next year : /

User avatar
CPM723
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby CPM723 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:27 pm

checkster wrote:^ We're looking at the same places. Too bad about not getting to see what SLU will actually be like next year : /


I've seen SLU's building. The only real change seems to be that it is Downtown as opposed to in Mid-Town with the rest of campus.

checkster
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby checkster » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:32 pm

What do you mean? Like have you been in the new building?

User avatar
CPM723
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby CPM723 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:34 pm

checkster wrote:What do you mean? Like have you been in the new building?


I haven't been to the school, but I am an undergrad there and they sent out an email describing the new building and the technological differences.

jgrady1
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby jgrady1 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:19 am

Well I am going to drive by the downtown building to see what it looks like. This is the first time I will be on a campus with snow lol

User avatar
CPM723
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby CPM723 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:08 pm

jgrady1 wrote:Well I am going to drive by the downtown building to see what it looks like. This is the first time I will be on a campus with snow lol


It looks nice, seems much more spacious than the old building.

JK910
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby JK910 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:46 pm

CPM723 wrote:
jgrady1 wrote:Well I am going to drive by the downtown building to see what it looks like. This is the first time I will be on a campus with snow lol


It looks nice, seems much more spacious than the old building.


Supposedly it has an open floor plan too... meaning the school has a lot of design flexibility. They really seem to have their stuff together with this whole move thing. Pretty ambitious project and in my mind it shows a strong commitment to the long term improvement of the law school.

SLU is pretty high on my list for health law. I was definitely impressed with everything when I visited the school.

btw384
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:03 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby btw384 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:38 pm

Just withdrew. Good luck to all of you!

jgrady1
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby jgrady1 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:54 pm

Nice visit to SLU and now off to Chicago!PM if anyone wants to know more about SLU.

caller10
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby caller10 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:55 pm

rma wrote:
caller10 wrote:Does anybody know if they offer a travel stipend for admitted students to go visit the school?


+1

I'd really like to know this. Would it be bad to call the admissions office and find out?


They do not give travel stipends to visit the school

User avatar
givemea170
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby givemea170 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:15 pm

I just applied here. I know it is late but worth a shot!

rma
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:08 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby rma » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:50 am

caller10 wrote:
rma wrote:
caller10 wrote:Does anybody know if they offer a travel stipend for admitted students to go visit the school?


+1

I'd really like to know this. Would it be bad to call the admissions office and find out?


They do not give travel stipends to visit the school



Well this totally blows. Looks like I probably won't be attending ASD, so I'm going to have to rely on you guys to tell me how it was...

LA626
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:53 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby LA626 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:40 am

Anyone going to the admitted students day on March 17th? I'm probably going to DePaul on the 12th as well :)

User avatar
CPM723
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby CPM723 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:11 am

LA626 wrote:Anyone going to the admitted students day on March 17th? I'm probably going to DePaul on the 12th as well :)


I'll be there!

lawapp12
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:53 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby lawapp12 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:16 pm

financial aid got mailed apparently

User avatar
CPM723
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby CPM723 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:18 pm

lawapp12 wrote:financial aid got mailed apparently


Yeah, mine says under mailings Financial Aid mailed 2/14. Is this scholarship, or just informational stuff?

lawapp12
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:53 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby lawapp12 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:20 pm

probably scholarships

lawapp12
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:53 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby lawapp12 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:21 pm

I really want to call and ask and see if they'll tell me what scholarships it is :P

User avatar
CPM723
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby CPM723 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:22 pm

lawapp12 wrote:I really want to call and ask and see if they'll tell me what scholarships it is :P


I have a feeling that may not work haha. Worth a shot though- then I know whether I should call :p.

User avatar
Jaeger
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby Jaeger » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:05 pm

CPM723 wrote:
lawapp12 wrote:financial aid got mailed apparently


Yeah, mine says under mailings Financial Aid mailed 2/14. Is this scholarship, or just informational stuff?



Hmm, was admitted 2/1 but I have nothing under mailings.

rma
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:08 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby rma » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:06 pm

CPM723 wrote:
lawapp12 wrote:financial aid got mailed apparently


Yeah, mine says under mailings Financial Aid mailed 2/14. Is this scholarship, or just informational stuff?


Well, that is not listed under mailings for me. I hope this doesn't mean I'm not getting anything.

User avatar
CPM723
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby CPM723 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:09 pm

rma wrote:
CPM723 wrote:
lawapp12 wrote:financial aid got mailed apparently


Yeah, mine says under mailings Financial Aid mailed 2/14. Is this scholarship, or just informational stuff?


Well, that is not listed under mailings for me. I hope this doesn't mean I'm not getting anything.


Were you accepted at the same time as us?

rma
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:08 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby rma » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:23 pm

CPM723 wrote:
rma wrote:
CPM723 wrote:
lawapp12 wrote:financial aid got mailed apparently


Yeah, mine says under mailings Financial Aid mailed 2/14. Is this scholarship, or just informational stuff?


Well, that is not listed under mailings for me. I hope this doesn't mean I'm not getting anything.


Were you accepted at the same time as us?


Yeah. Accepted via email on 1/23.

Did you guys file for FAFSA?

JG7773
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:02 am

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby JG7773 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:25 pm

I have the mailing notification as well. I was accepted on 2/2 and have completed my FAFSA.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaronbursar, blackpi, galeatus, harmcharm, j431e782, joezze, monotonemr, NotAGolfer, studyingeveryday, tinafeyclone and 22 guests