Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
puremorning

Re: Loyola Chicago 2011-2012 cycle

Postby puremorning » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:07 pm

Bradlo722 wrote:
CPM723 wrote:
checkster wrote:Maybe. Trying to go to one of DePaul's days as well, but its tough to get out to Chicago twice in a month. And I still haven't heard back from Kent...

Makes sense. I think I'm going to just focus on Loyola for now, especially after the lawsuit with DePaul and Kent.

Totally agree, I really liked Kent so I'm definitely going to watch and see if they have a press release explaining anything. I was going to go to the Loyola one in March but I wanted to go at a time during the week so I'm going towards the end of Feb. on a Wednesday. I'm in a tough place now because I was offered $17,000 at Drake but I don't want to be stuck in Iowa (where 63% of their grads place) after I am done with law school. Thinking about negotiating a little although Kent and Loyola are nowhere near the same level as Drake.

It's good to know about getting our packets. I've been running to the mailbox everyday this week lol.

Haha same. I go to the mailbox, then turn around and mutter to myself when it's not there. My neighbors probably think I'm nuts.

CPM723

Postby CPM723 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:14 pm

Yeah, the wait is killing me. Does anyone know if the scholarship info comes in the packet, or later?

Bradlo722

Postby Bradlo722 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:25 pm

I'm pretty sure I read on their website that the scholarship award letter will come with the acceptance letter. That's how it was for both my Drake and Kent acceptance letter. I think the admissions committee or scholarship committee decides how much to give after the decision for admission is made

CPM723

Postby CPM723 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:26 pm

Bradlo722 wrote:I'm pretty sure I read on their website that the scholarship award letter will come with the acceptance letter. That's how it was for both my Drake and Kent acceptance letter. I think the admissions committee or scholarship committee decides how much to give after the decision for admission is made

Awesome. Hopefully it gets here sometime next week- if not today :P

puremorning

Postby puremorning » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:32 pm

CPM723 wrote:
Bradlo722 wrote:I'm pretty sure I read on their website that the scholarship award letter will come with the acceptance letter. That's how it was for both my Drake and Kent acceptance letter. I think the admissions committee or scholarship committee decides how much to give after the decision for admission is made

Awesome. Hopefully it gets here sometime next week- if not today :P

I will hope for today or tomorrow, and money for everyone.

checkster

Postby checkster » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:34 pm

Didn't show up here today, maybe tomorrow.

CPM723

Postby CPM723 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:36 pm

checkster wrote:Didn't show up here today, maybe tomorrow.

Maybe...we can only hope.

rma

Postby rma » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:20 pm

mattviphky wrote:
chunkers24 wrote:I don't know if they will make much of a ratings jump by waitlisting 164, 165, 167s. I went to an info session at Loyola, and it seemed like they showed the most interest in candidates who submitted additional essays (particularly, the why Loyola Chicago one). I am very sorry to hear about the waitlists and dings, but I'm sure all of you have already gotten into/will get into even better schools. :D

Although I did submit all of the essays, I really wasn't all that interested in going. It seems like a nice school, but the COA is just too high for me. I guess the good thing is that none of us 3 were seriously considering the school...still, acceptances are nice. Maybe they suspect marginal interest, and they are waiting to see who actually sticks around through the waitlist process? Idk, idc.

You never seriously considered attending? Are you seriously considering Kent or DePaul?

rma

Postby rma » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:31 pm

sbuzz wrote:In case anyone else was wondering about scholarship info, I emailed them and they already got back to me (within a half an hour--impressive!) :

Your admissions packet will have more information regarding your financial aid. Merit scholarships will not be sent to students until the end of February. You are welcome to begin applying for the specialized scholarships you see listed on our site. Congratulations!

This makes me believe that scholarship info won't come with the admissions packet, since "merit scholarships" won't be sent until the end of February.

Hopefully LUC is willing to negotiate.

CPM723

Postby CPM723 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:36 pm

rma wrote:
sbuzz wrote:In case anyone else was wondering about scholarship info, I emailed them and they already got back to me (within a half an hour--impressive!) :

Your admissions packet will have more information regarding your financial aid. Merit scholarships will not be sent to students until the end of February. You are welcome to begin applying for the specialized scholarships you see listed on our site. Congratulations!

This makes me believe that scholarship info won't come with the admissions packet, since "merit scholarships" won't be sent until the end of February.

Hopefully LUC is willing to negotiate.

Noooooooo. I don't want to wait any longer lol.

checkster

Postby checkster » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Good news and bad news.

I got the packet today, containing the acceptance letter and a Guide for Admitted students.

The letter says that financial aid awards will be mailed in March...

:(

LAFish

Postby LAFish » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:49 pm

checkster wrote:Good news and bad news.

I got the packet today, containing the acceptance letter and a Guide for Admitted students.

Boo :cry:

CPM723

Postby CPM723 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:32 pm

LAFish wrote:
checkster wrote:Good news and bad news.

Boo :cry:

Well that's a bit of a bummer. Anything interesting in the packet?

checkster

Postby checkster » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:37 pm

Nnnnope. A little booklet talking about filing for aid, that kind of stuff. Nothing new...

rma

Postby rma » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:30 pm

checkster wrote:Nnnnope. A little booklet talking about filing for aid, that kind of stuff. Nothing new...

Anything about travel stipends?

checkster

Postby checkster » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:37 pm

No. It mentions the Discover Loyola Admitted Students days, but says they will mail out info on them later. Stipend info might be included in that.

Bradlo722

Postby Bradlo722 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:05 pm

Ugh, I was so excited to get the Loyola packet and no info about scholarships. Hopefully, they will send stuff out closer to the end of February then beginning of March lol.

sbuzz

Postby sbuzz » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:14 pm

When I emailed admissions after getting my email they indicated that more financial aid info would be in my admissions packet..which doesn't really seem to be the case. The email also said merit scholarship offers wouldn't go out until end of February so I guess in actuality we have to wait. I was kind of hoping the packet would have some information on merit scholarships available and whether we should have reason to assume we'll receive one. I've been waiting for the official acceptance letter hoping I'd get more substantial information of some kind but no luck. What is with law schools taking SO LONG to give us our actual financial aid packet offer? If we provide our FAFSA early as suggested, it only seems right that we receive it sooner--especially since most of the seat deposit deadlines are early/mid April(at least mine have all been). I know I have to base a decent part of my decision on what kind of money I am offered, so I just feel like it's hard to really evaluate LUC.

Is there anyone who was offered admission back in November or December that has received scholarship offers or are we all in the same boat here? I'm just hoping to get some idea of what I should or shouldn't expect.

puremorning

Postby puremorning » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:26 pm

sbuzz wrote:When I emailed admissions after getting my email they indicated that more financial aid info would be in my admissions packet..which doesn't really seem to be the case. The email also said merit scholarship offers wouldn't go out until end of February so I guess in actuality we have to wait. I was kind of hoping the packet would have some information on merit scholarships available and whether we should have reason to assume we'll receive one. I've been waiting for the official acceptance letter hoping I'd get more substantial information of some kind but no luck. What is with law schools taking SO LONG to give us our actual financial aid packet offer? If we provide our FAFSA early as suggested, it only seems right that we receive it sooner--especially since most of the seat deposit deadlines are early/mid April(at least mine have all been). I know I have to base a decent part of my decision on what kind of money I am offered, so I just feel like it's hard to really evaluate LUC.

Is there anyone who was offered admission back in November or December that has received scholarship offers or are we all in the same boat here? I'm just hoping to get some idea of what I should or shouldn't expect.

They didn't start offering admission until a few weeks ago. Those of us who have the packets were the first wave of admits.

CPM723

Postby CPM723 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:27 pm

puremorning wrote:
sbuzz wrote:When I emailed admissions after getting my email they indicated that more financial aid info would be in my admissions packet..which doesn't really seem to be the case. The email also said merit scholarship offers wouldn't go out until end of February so I guess in actuality we have to wait. I was kind of hoping the packet would have some information on merit scholarships available and whether we should have reason to assume we'll receive one. I've been waiting for the official acceptance letter hoping I'd get more substantial information of some kind but no luck. What is with law schools taking SO LONG to give us our actual financial aid packet offer? If we provide our FAFSA early as suggested, it only seems right that we receive it sooner--especially since most of the seat deposit deadlines are early/mid April(at least mine have all been). I know I have to base a decent part of my decision on what kind of money I am offered, so I just feel like it's hard to really evaluate LUC.

They didn't start offering admission until a few weeks ago. Those of us who have the packets were the first wave of admits.

Still waiting on mine...damn university mail services.

puremorning

Postby puremorning » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:30 pm

CPM723 wrote:
puremorning wrote:

Still waiting on mine...damn university mail services.

Same here. I'm sure I will find it wedged into my teeny tiny mailbox and nearly rip the entire unit out of the wall trying to get it out. That hasn't already happened a few times with law school packets...thank you mail lady.

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:51 pm

$ at UIUC...withdrawing my app from LUC. Good Luck, all!!!

rma

Postby rma » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:23 pm

Got the admissions packet in the mail today. I hope the "additional information" about student admit days include travel stipends.

CPM723

Postby CPM723 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:24 pm

rma wrote:Got the admissions packet in the mail today. I hope the "additional information" about student admit days include travel stipends.

Did they include a viewbook or anything like that?

rma

Postby rma » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:27 pm

CPM723 wrote:
rma wrote:Got the admissions packet in the mail today. I hope the "additional information" about student admit days include travel stipends.

Did they include a viewbook or anything like that?

Yeah, there is an "admitted students guide" booklet along with the letter of acceptance.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”