Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cdelgado
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:01 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby cdelgado » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:05 pm

I went complete on 11/16.

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby puremorning » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:09 pm

Woo! In via email! Went complete 11/23.

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby ashley12 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:22 pm

Congrats to all the newest admits! Especially the one with the hilarious pup 'tar. I wasn't complete until 12/1 so I'm guessing it'll be more than a second until I hear.

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:54 pm

In via email! :D

User avatar
Steven Perry
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:46 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Steven Perry » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:29 pm

Got in this morning. I was completed on 12/1 I believe. I was hoping there might be some kind of tour scheduled while I'm home for break, but nothing yet. Then again I'm not sure I want to drive the 4 hours to see a school I know I want to go to.

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby puremorning » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:00 am

Steven Perry wrote:Got in this morning. I was completed on 12/1 I believe. I was hoping there might be some kind of tour scheduled while I'm home for break, but nothing yet. Then again I'm not sure I want to drive the 4 hours to see a school I know I want to go to.


I'm def visiting sometime. I wonder when they'll have their ASW. I'll drive the 4 hours...haven't been there for a very long time and think it's a school I could see myself at right now, just need to physically see it!

cdelgado
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:01 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby cdelgado » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:34 am

puremorning wrote:
Steven Perry wrote:Got in this morning. I was completed on 12/1 I believe. I was hoping there might be some kind of tour scheduled while I'm home for break, but nothing yet. Then again I'm not sure I want to drive the 4 hours to see a school I know I want to go to.


I'm def visiting sometime. I wonder when they'll have their ASW. I'll drive the 4 hours...haven't been there for a very long time and think it's a school I could see myself at right now, just need to physically see it!

Cincinnati has always been in my top couple as far as law schools are concerned. It will likely come down to Cincinnati or Pitt if a few reaches are rejects.

Have you visited their law school before? The campus is absolutely beautiful but the law school needs some updating though it is far better from many of the law schools I have visited.

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby puremorning » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:06 pm

cdelgado wrote:
puremorning wrote:
Steven Perry wrote:Got in this morning. I was completed on 12/1 I believe. I was hoping there might be some kind of tour scheduled while I'm home for break, but nothing yet. Then again I'm not sure I want to drive the 4 hours to see a school I know I want to go to.


I'm def visiting sometime. I wonder when they'll have their ASW. I'll drive the 4 hours...haven't been there for a very long time and think it's a school I could see myself at right now, just need to physically see it!

Cincinnati has always been in my top couple as far as law schools are concerned. It will likely come down to Cincinnati or Pitt if a few reaches are rejects.

Have you visited their law school before? The campus is absolutely beautiful but the law school needs some updating though it is far better from many of the law schools I have visited.


I haven't. I can't even remember the last time I went to Cinci, and even then I think I was at a park somewhere for a family reunion. I'm excited to visit though, and to see how much money they'll offer me!

User avatar
Perdevise
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Perdevise » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:11 pm

I think UC is planning on building a new law building (no idea on dates though).

cdelgado
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:01 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby cdelgado » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:14 pm

I think you are right. I've heard the same thing with dates approximately around 2014.

UC spent $1B on renovating their campus and it really shows. Time to show some love with the law school.

Edit: Puremorning I hope you get some cash! They are a little stingy but hope it works out for you!

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby puremorning » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:21 pm

cdelgado wrote:I think you are right. I've heard the same thing with dates approximately around 2014.

UC spent $1B on renovating their campus and it really shows. Time to show some love with the law school.

Edit: Puremorning I hope you get some cash! They are a little stingy but hope it works out for you!


I don't need a lot, but some would help! The in-state tuition might be enough to fully swing me.

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby ashley12 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:47 pm

puremorning wrote:
cdelgado wrote:I think you are right. I've heard the same thing with dates approximately around 2014.

UC spent $1B on renovating their campus and it really shows. Time to show some love with the law school.

Edit: Puremorning I hope you get some cash! They are a little stingy but hope it works out for you!


I don't need a lot, but some would help! The in-state tuition might be enough to fully swing me.


Are you an OH res? I really love their NKy tuition rate. If I get even a little cash, I'll probably go because of cheapness!

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby puremorning » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:04 pm

ashley12 wrote:
puremorning wrote:
cdelgado wrote:I think you are right. I've heard the same thing with dates approximately around 2014.

UC spent $1B on renovating their campus and it really shows. Time to show some love with the law school.

Edit: Puremorning I hope you get some cash! They are a little stingy but hope it works out for you!


I don't need a lot, but some would help! The in-state tuition might be enough to fully swing me.


Are you an OH res? I really love their NKy tuition rate. If I get even a little cash, I'll probably go because of cheapness!


Yep! Although Cinci may as well be the deep south, it's totally foreign to me. Money will play a huge role in my decision of what school to attend, and OSU is a bit of a reach so I doubt they'll give me much money, if any, if I get accepted.

cdelgado
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:01 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby cdelgado » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:52 pm

puremorning wrote:
ashley12 wrote:
puremorning wrote:
cdelgado wrote:I think you are right. I've heard the same thing with dates approximately around 2014.

UC spent $1B on renovating their campus and it really shows. Time to show some love with the law school.

Edit: Puremorning I hope you get some cash! They are a little stingy but hope it works out for you!


I don't need a lot, but some would help! The in-state tuition might be enough to fully swing me.


Are you an OH res? I really love their NKy tuition rate. If I get even a little cash, I'll probably go because of cheapness!


Yep! Although Cinci may as well be the deep south, it's totally foreign to me. Money will play a huge role in my decision of what school to attend, and OSU is a bit of a reach so I doubt they'll give me much money, if any, if I get accepted.

In all fairness it is not totally south. IMO it is similar to Pittsburgh (though we could debate that all day). I am biased but I do have a good opinion of the school and the law program.

There is certainly a difference with Cincinnati and the rest of the state as it trends more conservative. It's also a lot older, especially when compared to Columbus and of course no flat land (which is a disappointment).

With being an OH resident OSU and UC are cheaper options (what, around 22K a year?). I would vote OSU over UC just because of the rankings and portability of the degree. I have not paid much attention to OSU's cycle this year. Maybe they are down as well?

ashley12: what schools are you considering? Is UC a top choice? I saw where you were accepted to UK as well, and I think we have applied to very similar schools.

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby puremorning » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:12 pm

cdelgado wrote:
puremorning wrote:
cdelgado wrote:I think you are right. I've heard the same thing with dates approximately around 2014.

UC spent $1B on renovating their campus and it really shows. Time to show some love with the law school.

Edit: Puremorning I hope you get some cash! They are a little stingy but hope it works out for you!


Yep! Although Cinci may as well be the deep south, it's totally foreign to me. Money will play a huge role in my decision of what school to attend, and OSU is a bit of a reach so I doubt they'll give me much money, if any, if I get accepted.

In all fairness it is not totally south. IMO it is similar to Pittsburgh (though we could debate that all day). I am biased but I do have a good opinion of the school and the law program.

There is certainly a difference with Cincinnati and the rest of the state as it trends more conservative. It's also a lot older, especially when compared to Columbus and of course no flat land (which is a disappointment).

With being an OH resident OSU and UC are cheaper options (what, around 22K a year?). I would vote OSU over UC just because of the rankings and portability of the degree. I have not paid much attention to OSU's cycle this year. Maybe they are down as well?

ashley12: what schools are you considering? Is UC a top choice? I saw where you were accepted to UK as well, and I think we have applied to very similar schools.


Agreed. And you don't like that it's not flat?! I need my hills!

cdelgado
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:01 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby cdelgado » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:14 pm

puremorning wrote:
cdelgado wrote:
puremorning wrote:
cdelgado wrote:I think you are right. I've heard the same thing with dates approximately around 2014.

UC spent $1B on renovating their campus and it really shows. Time to show some love with the law school.

Edit: Puremorning I hope you get some cash! They are a little stingy but hope it works out for you!


Yep! Although Cinci may as well be the deep south, it's totally foreign to me. Money will play a huge role in my decision of what school to attend, and OSU is a bit of a reach so I doubt they'll give me much money, if any, if I get accepted.

In all fairness it is not totally south. IMO it is similar to Pittsburgh (though we could debate that all day). I am biased but I do have a good opinion of the school and the law program.

There is certainly a difference with Cincinnati and the rest of the state as it trends more conservative. It's also a lot older, especially when compared to Columbus and of course no flat land (which is a disappointment).

With being an OH resident OSU and UC are cheaper options (what, around 22K a year?). I would vote OSU over UC just because of the rankings and portability of the degree. I have not paid much attention to OSU's cycle this year. Maybe they are down as well?

ashley12: what schools are you considering? Is UC a top choice? I saw where you were accepted to UK as well, and I think we have applied to very similar schools.


Agreed. And you don't like that it's not flat?! I need my hills!

No thank you! I much prefer flat land haha.

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby ashley12 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:06 pm

Cdelgado...

My lsn is linked to my profile I think so you can see where all I applied. I love UC and I'd love to stay close to ky, especially since so many friends are going to UC or UL for grad school. Its going to come down to $$ though. I wish that factor wasn't real :( I really don't want to pay more than 10k. What do you think between uk or UC?

cdelgado
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:01 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby cdelgado » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:28 pm

ashley12 wrote:Cdelgado...

My lsn is linked to my profile I think so you can see where all I applied. I love UC and I'd love to stay close to ky, especially since so many friends are going to UC or UL for grad school. Its going to come down to $$ though. I wish that factor wasn't real :( I really don't want to pay more than 10k. What do you think between uk or UC?


Yes it is on LSN and we have a few similarities in schools.

Actually the debate between UK and UC has been going through my mind for weeks. I hope I don't bore you with my thoughts! haha

Anyway...the first glaring difference between the two is the USNWR rankings, but it's not that large of a difference and the rankings for T2 vary widely every year (though UK is falling faster than UC).

UK has such a huge reputation throughout Kentucky...it is THE school for the state and it even carries over slightly to bordering states. IS tuition is nice ($17K). Lexington is growing very fast, QOL is nice, job situation will probably improve in a few years. Admissions staff is friendly, expedient, and has it together. Faculty is also decent. With that being said I was surprised when I visited UK. The campus seemed dated all around and the law school was just in bad shape. It needs replacing ASAP. I figured better for the "big school" and to me that signals a lack of interest and no desire to invest in the continued growth of the program though it's probably a state financial issue.

UC...really impressed with the campus and the investment UC has put into everything. Reputation of the school as a whole is on the up. Law school is somewhat outdated (nowhere near UK conditions) but supposedly it's being replaced. Faculty is highly regarded and the scholarship renewal is a 2.0 gpa...that's nice. Not sure what UK's is. I get the impression the law school is serious about getting back into T1. City is a bit dated, seems waning and I'm worried about the job market/competing with OSU for placement.

I'm nearly sold on UC and it probably wouldn't take much for me to go there. I need to look more closely at attrition and employment rates and so forth. I do have about 2-3 more decisions out there I'm waiting to hear back from that have the ability to trump UC. We shall see.

Anyway I could go on about this forever so I'll shut up. What do you think? Have you visited UK?

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby ashley12 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:13 pm

cdelgado wrote:
ashley12 wrote:Cdelgado...

My lsn is linked to my profile I think so you can see where all I applied. I love UC and I'd love to stay close to ky, especially since so many friends are going to UC or UL for grad school. Its going to come down to $$ though. I wish that factor wasn't real :( I really don't want to pay more than 10k. What do you think between uk or UC?


Yes it is on LSN and we have a few similarities in schools.

Actually the debate between UK and UC has been going through my mind for weeks. I hope I don't bore you with my thoughts! haha

Anyway...the first glaring difference between the two is the USNWR rankings, but it's not that large of a difference and the rankings for T2 vary widely every year (though UK is falling faster than UC).

UK has such a huge reputation throughout Kentucky...it is THE school for the state and it even carries over slightly to bordering states. IS tuition is nice ($17K). Lexington is growing very fast, QOL is nice, job situation will probably improve in a few years. Admissions staff is friendly, expedient, and has it together. Faculty is also decent. With that being said I was surprised when I visited UK. The campus seemed dated all around and the law school was just in bad shape. It needs replacing ASAP. I figured better for the "big school" and to me that signals a lack of interest and no desire to invest in the continued growth of the program though it's probably a state financial issue.

UC...really impressed with the campus and the investment UC has put into everything. Reputation of the school as a whole is on the up. Law school is somewhat outdated (nowhere near UK conditions) but supposedly it's being replaced. Faculty is highly regarded and the scholarship renewal is a 2.0 gpa...that's nice. Not sure what UK's is. I get the impression the law school is serious about getting back into T1. City is a bit dated, seems waning and I'm worried about the job market/competing with OSU for placement.

I'm nearly sold on UC and it probably wouldn't take much for me to go there. I need to look more closely at attrition and employment rates and so forth. I do have about 2-3 more decisions out there I'm waiting to hear back from that have the ability to trump UC. We shall see.

Anyway I could go on about this forever so I'll shut up. What do you think? Have you visited UK?


I'll pm you with details. I know UK well and have some insights that might help you, or at least hopefully will!!

MillerTime12
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 10:10 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby MillerTime12 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:45 pm

I withdrew my application today. Best of luck to everyone!
Last edited by MillerTime12 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cdelgado
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:01 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby cdelgado » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:44 am

Thanks!

ashley12 wrote:
cdelgado wrote:
ashley12 wrote:Cdelgado...

My lsn is linked to my profile I think so you can see where all I applied. I love UC and I'd love to stay close to ky, especially since so many friends are going to UC or UL for grad school. Its going to come down to $$ though. I wish that factor wasn't real :( I really don't want to pay more than 10k. What do you think between uk or UC?


Yes it is on LSN and we have a few similarities in schools.

Actually the debate between UK and UC has been going through my mind for weeks. I hope I don't bore you with my thoughts! haha

Anyway...the first glaring difference between the two is the USNWR rankings, but it's not that large of a difference and the rankings for T2 vary widely every year (though UK is falling faster than UC).

UK has such a huge reputation throughout Kentucky...it is THE school for the state and it even carries over slightly to bordering states. IS tuition is nice ($17K). Lexington is growing very fast, QOL is nice, job situation will probably improve in a few years. Admissions staff is friendly, expedient, and has it together. Faculty is also decent. With that being said I was surprised when I visited UK. The campus seemed dated all around and the law school was just in bad shape. It needs replacing ASAP. I figured better for the "big school" and to me that signals a lack of interest and no desire to invest in the continued growth of the program though it's probably a state financial issue.

UC...really impressed with the campus and the investment UC has put into everything. Reputation of the school as a whole is on the up. Law school is somewhat outdated (nowhere near UK conditions) but supposedly it's being replaced. Faculty is highly regarded and the scholarship renewal is a 2.0 gpa...that's nice. Not sure what UK's is. I get the impression the law school is serious about getting back into T1. City is a bit dated, seems waning and I'm worried about the job market/competing with OSU for placement.

I'm nearly sold on UC and it probably wouldn't take much for me to go there. I need to look more closely at attrition and employment rates and so forth. I do have about 2-3 more decisions out there I'm waiting to hear back from that have the ability to trump UC. We shall see.

Anyway I could go on about this forever so I'll shut up. What do you think? Have you visited UK?


I'll pm you with details. I know UK well and have some insights that might help you, or at least hopefully will!!

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby ashley12 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:32 pm

Waitlisted. Immensely confused as I am at UC's 75% for both gpa and LSAT, but there must have been something in there they didn't like. Withdrawing today. Good luck everyone else!

cdelgado
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:01 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby cdelgado » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:37 pm

ashley12 wrote:Waitlisted. Immensely confused as I am at UC's 75% for both gpa and LSAT, but there must have been something in there they didn't like. Withdrawing today. Good luck everyone else!

Maybe a YP? Otherwise I'm quite surprised.

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby ashley12 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:41 pm

cdelgado wrote:
ashley12 wrote:Waitlisted. Immensely confused as I am at UC's 75% for both gpa and LSAT, but there must have been something in there they didn't like. Withdrawing today. Good luck everyone else!

Maybe a YP? Otherwise I'm quite surprised.


I'm pretty surprised too. I have a lot of big decisions coming in this week and this was one I wasn't worried about in the slightest. Makes me nervous about the rest of my cycle.

User avatar
punkyg0608
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:38 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby punkyg0608 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:37 pm

Why doesn't Cincinnati send out status checkers? I need something to update every day...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”