Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby puremorning » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:11 pm

I applied a few weeks ago, didn't see a thread so figured I'd start one!

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby neeko » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:13 pm

I applied!

MillerTime12
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 10:10 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby MillerTime12 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:29 pm

Checking in!

Applied on 9/16 and went complete on 10/10.

decibel8710
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby decibel8710 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:42 am

Applied 11/12, 160/3.6, good luck everybody!

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby puremorning » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:38 am

Haven't gone complete yet because LSAC still has to process a rec of mine. I'll give it another week before I start hounding them.

MillerTime12
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 10:10 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby MillerTime12 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Accepted RD via email today!

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby puremorning » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:43 pm

MillerTime12 wrote:Accepted RD via email today!


Mine still hasn't gone complete...they should have gotten my last rec 2 days ago. I'm getting way too impatient with this process, and it's still kind of early in it...

And congrats!

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby neeko » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:00 pm

MillerTime12 wrote:Accepted RD via email today!


Do you know when you went complete?

MillerTime12
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 10:10 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby MillerTime12 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:25 pm

puremorning wrote:
MillerTime12 wrote:Accepted RD via email today!


Mine still hasn't gone complete...they should have gotten my last rec 2 days ago. I'm getting way too impatient with this process, and it's still kind of early in it...

And congrats!


Thanks! Ha be patient. This is going to be a long ride. :)


neeko wrote:
MillerTime12 wrote:Accepted RD via email today!


Do you know when you went complete?


Yes, I received an email noting that my application was complete on 10/10.

User avatar
MiamiOxford
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:50 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby MiamiOxford » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:10 pm

Tagging this. Suppose I'll be hearing soon; received the emial saying application received on Oct. 14, but never received an application complete email... Is this normal?
Also, did you get offered any scholarship info for those of you admitted?

MillerTime12
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 10:10 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby MillerTime12 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:37 am

MiamiOxford wrote:Tagging this. Suppose I'll be hearing soon; received the emial saying application received on Oct. 14, but never received an application complete email... Is this normal?
Also, did you get offered any scholarship info for those of you admitted?


I can't comment on your lack of an application complete email.

No scholarship offer in the email, but the message did indicate that I should receive a letter in the mail with "additional information about [my] acceptance." I suspect that the letter might include scholarship information.

User avatar
MiamiOxford
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:50 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby MiamiOxford » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:17 am

Puremorning: you avatar is cracking me up every time I enter this thread lol

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby puremorning » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:45 am

MiamiOxford wrote:Puremorning: you avatar is cracking me up every time I enter this thread lol


Haha thank you. That would be my special-looking dog.

decibel8710
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby decibel8710 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:32 pm

Anybody receive an email from Al Watson today asking for an app. addendum? They want me to answer these two questions within 10 days:

1. Explain what you currently know about the University of Cincinnati, and/or the greater Cincinnati area, that you believe will enhance the quality of your law school education.

2. Given today's uncertain economic outlook, what do you believe will distinguish you from others as you prepare to enter the legal job market in the coming years?

Maybe they just don't like MA residents :roll:

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby puremorning » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:42 pm

decibel8710 wrote:Anybody receive an email from Al Watson today asking for an app. addendum? They want me to answer these two questions within 10 days:

1. Explain what you currently know about the University of Cincinnati, and/or the greater Cincinnati area, that you believe will enhance the quality of your law school education.

2. Given today's uncertain economic outlook, what do you believe will distinguish you from others as you prepare to enter the legal job market in the coming years?

Maybe they just don't like MA residents :roll:


Hm. I didn't. Maybe they're sending it in waves? Or maybe they don't like MA residents :-P That seems strange that a school would do that. It wasn't mandatory, was it? Not that I ever pass up extra essays, but that would make it even weirder.

jsvaughn
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:52 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby jsvaughn » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:51 pm

^i didnt get that email

but i did get an email about 2 weeks ago asking for a GPA addendum

i hope the fact they asked for an explanation is a good thing

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby neeko » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:11 pm

I got that email today as well. I wonder why

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby puremorning » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:46 pm

neeko wrote:I got that email today as well. I wonder why


Now I'm wondering why I DIDN'T get it.

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby neeko » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:59 pm

puremorning wrote:
neeko wrote:I got that email today as well. I wonder why


Now I'm wondering why I DIDN'T get it.


When did you go complete? They might not have looked at yours yet. I've been complete for about a month.

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby puremorning » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:18 pm

neeko wrote:
puremorning wrote:
neeko wrote:I got that email today as well. I wonder why


Now I'm wondering why I DIDN'T get it.


When did you go complete? They might not have looked at yours yet. I've been complete for about a month.


Ah, true, mine hasn't gone complete yet for some reason, although it should have. I might shoot them an email about that.

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby puremorning » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:50 pm

After some nudging, I went complete today. Said there should be a decision in 4-6 weeks :-)

Also, do they send status checkers or just update via email?

User avatar
MiamiOxford
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:50 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby MiamiOxford » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:19 pm

Not to take over the thead but I called Cinci a few days ago to ask why I never got an "application complete" email. I applied like 2 months ago and hadn't heard anything. The lady was very nice and helpful, but she said that because I went Early Decision with Penn, they were not going to even look at my file until I heard a decision from Penn...
So my problem with this is: If I wanted them to wait to look at my application, I would have just waited and applied after I heard. Then, I could have saved the application fee if admitted. BUT, if Penn does not accept me, I will now be competing for less seats and less scholarship money. Sorry for the rant, but this seems unethical on their part... :roll:

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby neeko » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:20 pm

MiamiOxford wrote:Not to take over the thead but I called Cinci a few days ago to ask why I never got an "application complete" email. I applied like 2 months ago and hadn't heard anything. The lady was very nice and helpful, but she said that because I went Early Decision with Penn, they were not going to even look at my file until I heard a decision from Penn...
So my problem with this is: If I wanted them to wait to look at my application, I would have just waited and applied after I heard. Then, I could have saved the application fee if admitted. BUT, if Penn does not accept me, I will now be competing for less seats and less scholarship money. Sorry for the rant, but this seems unethical on their part... :roll:


How do they know you did ED to Penn?

User avatar
MiamiOxford
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:50 am

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby MiamiOxford » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:21 pm

neeko wrote:
MiamiOxford wrote:Not to take over the thead but I called Cinci a few days ago to ask why I never got an "application complete" email. I applied like 2 months ago and hadn't heard anything. The lady was very nice and helpful, but she said that because I went Early Decision with Penn, they were not going to even look at my file until I heard a decision from Penn...
So my problem with this is: If I wanted them to wait to look at my application, I would have just waited and applied after I heard. Then, I could have saved the application fee if admitted. BUT, if Penn does not accept me, I will now be competing for less seats and less scholarship money. Sorry for the rant, but this seems unethical on their part... :roll:


How do they know you did ED to Penn?


I think it asked on the application if you had ED'd anywhere

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Cincinnati 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby neeko » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:23 pm

MiamiOxford wrote:
neeko wrote:
MiamiOxford wrote:Not to take over the thead but I called Cinci a few days ago to ask why I never got an "application complete" email. I applied like 2 months ago and hadn't heard anything. The lady was very nice and helpful, but she said that because I went Early Decision with Penn, they were not going to even look at my file until I heard a decision from Penn...
So my problem with this is: If I wanted them to wait to look at my application, I would have just waited and applied after I heard. Then, I could have saved the application fee if admitted. BUT, if Penn does not accept me, I will now be competing for less seats and less scholarship money. Sorry for the rant, but this seems unethical on their part... :roll:


How do they know you did ED to Penn?


I think it asked on the application if you had ED'd anywhere


That sucks. I'm sorry.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bleakchimera2, ellielaw, l3g@l33s3, margaretmitchell, MSNbot Media, ThorB, vcap180 and 21 guests