University of Oregon c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
horsesrule2006
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:18 am

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby horsesrule2006 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:58 pm

sartorialsmitty wrote:I was pleasantly surprised with a package from U. Oregon today...admitted and 6k scholarship. Never received an email, so it was a bit out of the blue. Quick turnaround time. Might end up a Duck next year...


When did you apply?

User avatar
15 to 32
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:54 pm

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby 15 to 32 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:37 pm

cminthepm wrote:Some other schools would have to give me absurd amounts of money to change my mind, almost definitely attending. Enviro program is too good, and OOS with scholarship isn't too bad, so the price might be right. Anyone know what kinds of summer jobs are typically available in the area? Does UO hire over the summer? I kind of want to go ahead and move out there after graduation (I'm going straight out of college). Also, do they have any programs for finding roommates? I'm OOS and all of my friends moving to Oregon are going to Portland, so I can't decide if I want to try to get roommates or just get a studio for 1L. Good luck to everyone still waiting on decisions!

their website helps with all of this. They seem to really have it worked out well with housing and such.
http://law.uoregon.edu/students/moving/
take a half hour and click around the website and it'll be really easy and helpful

User avatar
cougarlive
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby cougarlive » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:48 pm

Has anyone else got the duckweb access? I just got it and am trying to figure out if anybody can go on and see their financial aid award online. It's blank for me but I got a scholarship via snail mail...

User avatar
sartorialsmitty
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:18 am

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby sartorialsmitty » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:53 pm

horsesrule2006 wrote:
sartorialsmitty wrote:I was pleasantly surprised with a package from U. Oregon today...admitted and 6k scholarship. Never received an email, so it was a bit out of the blue. Quick turnaround time. Might end up a Duck next year...


When did you apply?


I applied around mid-February.

horsesrule2006
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:18 am

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby horsesrule2006 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:26 pm

sartorialsmitty wrote:
horsesrule2006 wrote:
sartorialsmitty wrote:I was pleasantly surprised with a package from U. Oregon today...admitted and 6k scholarship. Never received an email, so it was a bit out of the blue. Quick turnaround time. Might end up a Duck next year...


When did you apply?


I applied around mid-February.


Oh wow that was fast. Congrats!

ashen
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby ashen » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Anyone else notice the significant drop in employment stats after the new rankings were released, not to mention the tuition hike (~27k/yr to ~32k/yr OOS)?
Oregon was near the top of my short list but now I think I need more time to reconsider...

horsesrule2006
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:18 am

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby horsesrule2006 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:30 pm

ashen wrote:Anyone else notice the significant drop in employment stats after the new rankings were released, not to mention the tuition hike (~27k/yr to ~32k/yr OOS)?
Oregon was near the top of my short list but now I think I need more time to reconsider...



Yeah I noticed that too. Their poor communication is also a turn off. :roll:

User avatar
surefire88
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:14 am

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby surefire88 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:57 pm

Anyone have any luck negotiating scholarships here?

msu1077
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:27 pm

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby msu1077 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:16 am

.
Last edited by msu1077 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
surefire88
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:14 am

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby surefire88 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:50 pm

msu1077 wrote:
surefire88 wrote:Anyone have any luck negotiating scholarships here?

I submitted and received an acknowledgement of receipt. Nothing more though :(


How long did it take for them to acknowledge? When did you submit?

msu1077
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:27 pm

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby msu1077 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:23 pm

.
Last edited by msu1077 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

horsesrule2006
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:18 am

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby horsesrule2006 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:38 pm

msu1077 wrote:
surefire88 wrote:Anyone have any luck negotiating scholarships here?

I submitted and received an acknowledgement of receipt. Nothing more though :(


I wouldn't worry to much yet. I submitted in the beginning of November and haven't heard a word one way or another.

roadiekcco
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:22 pm

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby roadiekcco » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:05 am

Glad I'm not alone on the tail end of the cycle. I submitted 3/5, and received both the acknowledgement email and confirmation that my file was complete today (3/19). It can't be too much longer now.

User avatar
sartorialsmitty
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:18 am

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby sartorialsmitty » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:25 pm

Withdrew from Oregon yesterday. It was a tough call, but another school worked out better for my options. Hopefully somebody still waiting will catch my spot and scholly. Good luck.

User avatar
USMCMatt
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:57 am

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby USMCMatt » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:13 pm

It's starting to look more and more like I will be trading in my big flat tail for a big flat beak....

User avatar
naw
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby naw » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:54 pm

I got turned down in my attempt to negotiate up from 15k. It was a really nice email, but it's still kind of a bummer. Still, its my most affordable option west of Illinois. Definitely remains in contention.

msu1077
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:27 pm

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby msu1077 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:38 pm

.
Last edited by msu1077 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
surefire88
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:14 am

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby surefire88 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:10 pm

scholarship increase request denied.

llachans
Posts: 597
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby llachans » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:16 pm

I was denied moving up from a 10k scholarship too.

Definitely withdrawing because of the tuition increase and poor communication though.

roadiekcco
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:22 pm

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby roadiekcco » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:01 am

Here is a question for anyone who has applied for federal financial aid: I am new to the whole financial aid thing as I was not eligible during my UG, but I noticed a message posted on Duckweb under the Financial Aid Information Menu-->Messages. It states:

"First year law students receive a computer allowance of $1650 as part of books and supplies. If you will NOT be purchasing a computer this academic year, notify our office." (Posted 3/24/12)

Does anyone else have this message, accepted already or not? I know my way around Duckweb as I am a UO alum, and have had account access since 2006, but I have not actually received any notification of acceptance/rejection yet (I applied very late in the cycle). Thought it might be interesting to compare notes.

Good luck to everyone and here's to a swift-footed mailman.

User avatar
Prospecta8571
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby Prospecta8571 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:47 pm

I'm tempted to just withdraw. I submitted in late December and have yet to hear anything back. Oregon is the last school I have yet to hear from, and this wait is most frustrating. I was so excited about the prospect of moving to Eugene, but I cannot afford to wait this long to decide when seat deposits are due within the next month for all of the other schools. UO's communication has been horrible. I don't need a status checker or anything that involved, but an email update every once in a while would go a long way.

llachans
Posts: 597
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby llachans » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Prospecta8571 wrote:I'm tempted to just withdraw. I submitted in late December and have yet to hear anything back. Oregon is the last school I have yet to hear from, and this wait is most frustrating. I was so excited about the prospect of moving to Eugene, but I cannot afford to wait this long to decide when seat deposits are due within the next month for all of the other schools. UO's communication has been horrible. I don't need a status checker or anything that involved, but an email update every once in a while would go a long way.

My guess is you'll be waiting awhile longer. I applied in October, well above both medians, and they took an excruciatingly long time to get back to me. It'll take even longer if you plan to try and negotiate with them (even though they seem to be shooting everyone down).

User avatar
USMCMatt
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:57 am

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby USMCMatt » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:02 pm

llachans wrote:
Prospecta8571 wrote:I'm tempted to just withdraw. I submitted in late December and have yet to hear anything back. Oregon is the last school I have yet to hear from, and this wait is most frustrating. I was so excited about the prospect of moving to Eugene, but I cannot afford to wait this long to decide when seat deposits are due within the next month for all of the other schools. UO's communication has been horrible. I don't need a status checker or anything that involved, but an email update every once in a while would go a long way.

My guess is you'll be waiting awhile longer. I applied in October, well above both medians, and they took an excruciatingly long time to get back to me. It'll take even longer if you plan to try and negotiate with them (even though they seem to be shooting everyone down).


How odd...I went from complete to accepted in a matter of weeks...

CaptAdams
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:12 am

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby CaptAdams » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:37 pm

USMCMatt wrote:How odd...I went from complete to accepted in a matter of weeks...

I applied in November. I had to email them to see if Eugene had been wiped off the map and they said I am in the final stages of the decision process.

Other than that, I haven't heard a peep.

llachans
Posts: 597
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Re: University of Oregon c/o 2015

Postby llachans » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:46 pm

USMCMatt wrote:
How odd...I went from complete to accepted in a matter of weeks...

Strange. I'm from IL though so maybe the distance hurt me and they wanted to make sure I didn't withdraw by then?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, Anon.y.mousse., ellielaw, Google Adsense [Bot], Leahmealone, Long shot hero, Snowjon and 21 guests