Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby eaper » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:56 pm

reinbowbrite wrote:There's a hand-written note at the bottom. I guess that could be the hold-up.


He writes the same letter for every letter, I believe.

reinbowbrite
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby reinbowbrite » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:53 pm

eaper wrote:
reinbowbrite wrote:There's a hand-written note at the bottom. I guess that could be the hold-up.


He writes the same letter for every letter, I believe.

Yes he does. But I imagine from the time the letter gets printed in letterhead by an admin asst to the time he sits down to write his note on each letter that there's been a significant passage of time. Just a guess.

User avatar
texag1979
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby texag1979 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:43 pm

reinbowbrite wrote:
eaper wrote:
reinbowbrite wrote:There's a hand-written note at the bottom. I guess that could be the hold-up.


He writes the same letter for every letter, I believe.

Yes he does. But I imagine from the time the letter gets printed in letterhead by an admin asst to the time he sits down to write his note on each letter that there's been a significant passage of time. Just a guess.


I prefer to imagine he's swimming in all that tuition coin like Scrooge McDuck, but reinbow could be right as well.

Lvaughn714
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby Lvaughn714 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:51 pm

Why is it that Baylor tuition is so high? Is it simply because they don't get state funding?

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby eaper » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:53 pm

Lvaughn714 wrote:Why is it that Baylor tuition is so high? Is it simply because they don't get state funding?


Pretty much... it's only about 13k/year higher than U of H and 8k/year higher than Texas, while being cheaper than SMU by a touch.

reinbowbrite
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby reinbowbrite » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:09 pm

texag1979 wrote:
reinbowbrite wrote:
eaper wrote:
reinbowbrite wrote:There's a hand-written note at the bottom. I guess that could be the hold-up.


He writes the same letter for every letter, I believe.

Yes he does. But I imagine from the time the letter gets printed in letterhead by an admin asst to the time he sits down to write his note on each letter that there's been a significant passage of time. Just a guess.


I prefer to imagine he's swimming in all that tuition coin like Scrooge McDuck, but reinbow could be right as well.



:lol: GREAT image!

Lvaughn714
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby Lvaughn714 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Anyone looking for specifically Summer ppl here is a thread since now our seat deposit deadline has passed

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=178500

User avatar
StarLightSpectre
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby StarLightSpectre » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:11 pm

After hearing nothing since early November I got this today. Nice.

Dear [StarlightSpectre],

We noticed that you have graduated or will graduate soon and may not be aware that Baylor Law School has an entering class in the summer, which would allow you to start law school in early May. Although the curriculum is the same for all three of our entering classes (spring, summer, and fall), we traditionally receive fewer applications for the summer quarter. Accordingly, admission is less competitive. We are extending the deadline for select applicants. If you have received this email you can apply as late as March 15th.

Hmm.

mtyler19
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby mtyler19 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:00 pm

StarLightSpectre wrote:After hearing nothing since early November I got this today. Nice.

Dear [StarlightSpectre],

We noticed that you have graduated or will graduate soon and may not be aware that Baylor Law School has an entering class in the summer, which would allow you to start law school in early May. Although the curriculum is the same for all three of our entering classes (spring, summer, and fall), we traditionally receive fewer applications for the summer quarter. Accordingly, admission is less competitive. We are extending the deadline for select applicants. If you have received this email you can apply as late as March 15th.

Hmm.


When did you apply? I don't see why you're not already in for Fall with your stats.

Lvaughn714
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby Lvaughn714 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:34 pm

mtyler19 wrote:
StarLightSpectre wrote:After hearing nothing since early November I got this today. Nice.

Dear [StarlightSpectre],

We noticed that you have graduated or will graduate soon and may not be aware that Baylor Law School has an entering class in the summer, which would allow you to start law school in early May. Although the curriculum is the same for all three of our entering classes (spring, summer, and fall), we traditionally receive fewer applications for the summer quarter. Accordingly, admission is less competitive. We are extending the deadline for select applicants. If you have received this email you can apply as late as March 15th.

Hmm.


When did you apply? I don't see why you're not already in for Fall with your stats.


It sounds like they don't exactly have the class they were looking for in Summer so maybe they are trying to grab people they like from fall applicants and convince them to come earlier.

zanzbar
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:14 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby zanzbar » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:11 pm

Received my admittance to the fall class today. Was y'alls scholarship included in the packet or did it come later?

mtyler19
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby mtyler19 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:18 pm

zanzbar wrote:Received my admittance to the fall class today. Was y'alls scholarship included in the packet or did it come later?


Mine was included.

reinbowbrite
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby reinbowbrite » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:29 pm

mtyler19 wrote:
zanzbar wrote:Received my admittance to the fall class today. Was y'alls scholarship included in the packet or did it come later?


Mine was included.


Same.

jaysgirl42671
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby jaysgirl42671 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:57 am

Uh oh ... decision made and in mail. Now I'm really nervous - I guess I'll see what the decision is .. in 2 weeks or so. :shock:

User avatar
StarLightSpectre
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby StarLightSpectre » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:00 pm

mtyler19 wrote:
StarLightSpectre wrote:After hearing nothing since early November I got this today. Nice.

Dear [StarlightSpectre],

We noticed that you have graduated or will graduate soon and may not be aware that Baylor Law School has an entering class in the summer, which would allow you to start law school in early May. Although the curriculum is the same for all three of our entering classes (spring, summer, and fall), we traditionally receive fewer applications for the summer quarter. Accordingly, admission is less competitive. We are extending the deadline for select applicants. If you have received this email you can apply as late as March 15th.

Hmm.


When did you apply? I don't see why you're not already in for Fall with your stats.


I applied in late October right after the lsat release. So far no love from the Texas schools.

User avatar
sarahmargie
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:19 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby sarahmargie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:00 am

I just withdrew from Fall. Good luck, everyone!

User avatar
futurejdgirl
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 9:30 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby futurejdgirl » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:56 pm

Got my acceptance packet in the mail today! Got a scholarship too!

3.1/162 :)

jaysgirl42671
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby jaysgirl42671 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:38 pm

futurejdgirl wrote:Got my acceptance packet in the mail today! Got a scholarship too!

3.1/162 :)


When was your letter sent??

User avatar
futurejdgirl
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 9:30 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby futurejdgirl » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:51 pm

jaysgirl42671 wrote:
futurejdgirl wrote:Got my acceptance packet in the mail today! Got a scholarship too!

3.1/162 :)


When was your letter sent??



The 28th. I'm pretty sure I only got it so fast because I'm in Texas also.

jaysgirl42671
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby jaysgirl42671 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:13 pm

Got my packet today. No scholarship. Will probably withdraw on Monday because I can't afford it without some help.

User avatar
StarLightSpectre
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby StarLightSpectre » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:38 pm

In with 15K a year. Anyone know how open to Baylor is to negotiation?

LawperaMan
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby LawperaMan » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:16 pm

WL last night.

paulitico
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:21 am

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby paulitico » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:59 pm

LawperaMan wrote:WL last night.


Via status checker or snail mail?

tcuphi
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:25 am

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby tcuphi » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:46 am

Sending in my deposit. Anyone looking for living next year?

LawperaMan
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby LawperaMan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:17 pm

paulitico wrote:
LawperaMan wrote:WL last night.


Via status checker or snail mail?


Status checker says decision sent, snail mail said WL




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests