Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Dash41
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:35 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby Dash41 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:15 pm

I went complete January 9, so I should probably be more patient. Hopefully they can catch up on everything.

User avatar
Txrb182sc
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:14 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby Txrb182sc » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:03 am

I'm with you, went complete 1/9 and now waiting.

User avatar
corvid
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:53 am

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby corvid » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:05 am

Complete 12/21, nothing else.

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby Magnifique1908 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:28 am

I have you all beat....10/4 complete and silence. I applied for summer and I'm certain there are people who have gotten in for Fall at this point :?

LawperaMan
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby LawperaMan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:50 am

I went complete 11/15, and around 12/15 I received and e-mail from them asking if I had considered starting in any of their non-fall quarters. I would guess that they don't change the status between Complete and Decision.

GoBears!
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby GoBears! » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:47 pm

I completed my application 11/30/2011 and I have been IMPATIENTLY waiting for my acceptance letter...

User avatar
ensign85
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:00 am

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby ensign85 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:54 pm

Decision sent! Nothing showing under deposits... normal?

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby snehpets » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:56 pm

ensign85 wrote:Decision sent! Nothing showing under deposits... normal?


Yep. I got in in November I think and still have no fees.

User avatar
ensign85
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:00 am

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby ensign85 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:22 pm

snehpets wrote:
ensign85 wrote:Decision sent! Nothing showing under deposits... normal?


Yep. I got in in November I think and still have no fees.


I see. I'm in California, so I'm guessing I'll get the letter by next week. Is it packet = acceptance and small envelope = WL or deny?

User avatar
texag1979
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby texag1979 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:56 pm

ensign85 wrote:
snehpets wrote:
ensign85 wrote:Decision sent! Nothing showing under deposits... normal?


Yep. I got in in November I think and still have no fees.


I see. I'm in California, so I'm guessing I'll get the letter by next week. Is it packet = acceptance and small envelope = WL or deny?


I got a big envelope with one piece of paper in it. It's the first (only!) acceptance I've received, and I was underwhelmed by its small size (TWSS). I don't know if other schools pack more stuff in their packets, but Baylor is definitely saving some ducats on postage.

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby eaper » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:37 pm

texag1979 wrote:
ensign85 wrote:
snehpets wrote:
ensign85 wrote:Decision sent! Nothing showing under deposits... normal?


Yep. I got in in November I think and still have no fees.


I see. I'm in California, so I'm guessing I'll get the letter by next week. Is it packet = acceptance and small envelope = WL or deny?


I got a big envelope with one piece of paper in it. It's the first (only!) acceptance I've received, and I was underwhelmed by its small size (TWSS). I don't know if other schools pack more stuff in their packets, but Baylor is definitely saving some ducats on postage.


Hey, just guessing you're also an Aggie (ole Army at that, looking at your profile)! Good luck with the rest of your applications! Thanks for the update about their letter size. Did you get an update through the status cherker, or did the letter just show up?

User avatar
texag1979
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby texag1979 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:00 am

Hey, just guessing you're also an Aggie (ole Army at that, looking at your profile)! Good luck with the rest of your applications! Thanks for the update about their letter size. Did you get an update through the status cherker, or did the letter just show up?[/quote]

PM

Baylor17
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:55 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby Baylor17 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:36 am

GoBears! wrote:I completed my application 11/30/2011 and I have been IMPATIENTLY waiting for my acceptance letter...




My application went complete on 10/27. Waiting sucks
Last edited by Baylor17 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mtyler19
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby mtyler19 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:31 am

texag1979 wrote:
ensign85 wrote:
snehpets wrote:
ensign85 wrote:Decision sent! Nothing showing under deposits... normal?


Yep. I got in in November I think and still have no fees.


I see. I'm in California, so I'm guessing I'll get the letter by next week. Is it packet = acceptance and small envelope = WL or deny?


I got a big envelope with one piece of paper in it. It's the first (only!) acceptance I've received, and I was underwhelmed by its small size (TWSS). I don't know if other schools pack more stuff in their packets, but Baylor is definitely saving some ducats on postage.


Mine was a packet in a big green velcro folder thing...?

tcuphi
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:25 am

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby tcuphi » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:03 pm

decision sent 1/11/12... nothing under fees.

User avatar
PrincetonLaw
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby PrincetonLaw » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:04 pm

Anyone else concerned about the, uhhhh i don't want to say cut-throat, but competitive reputation of Baylor or the rigourous 3rd year program?

User avatar
corvid
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:53 am

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby corvid » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:05 pm

PrincetonLaw wrote:Anyone else concerned about the, uhhhh i don't want to say cut-throat, but competitive reputation of Baylor or the rigourous 3rd year program?

go on...

User avatar
PrincetonLaw
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby PrincetonLaw » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:17 pm

corvid wrote:
PrincetonLaw wrote:Anyone else concerned about the, uhhhh i don't want to say cut-throat, but competitive reputation of Baylor or the rigorous 3rd year program?

go on...


I've just always heard that Baylor's difficult 3rd year Practice Court program is extremely difficult and time consuming compared to most other law schools 3rd years. I've also heard that Baylor fails to foster a collegial atmosphere (i.e. students study non-stop during the week to leave for the weekend). It's been explained to me as though Baylor believes Law School to a boot camp type experience...

I'm just not sure how I feel about it..

User avatar
corvid
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:53 am

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby corvid » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:27 pm

PrincetonLaw wrote:
corvid wrote:
PrincetonLaw wrote:Anyone else concerned about the, uhhhh i don't want to say cut-throat, but competitive reputation of Baylor or the rigorous 3rd year program?

go on...


I've just always heard that Baylor's difficult 3rd year Practice Court program is extremely difficult and time consuming compared to most other law schools 3rd years. I've also heard that Baylor fails to foster a collegial atmosphere (i.e. students study non-stop during the week to leave for the weekend). It's been explained to me as though Baylor believes Law School to a boot camp type experience...

I'm just not sure how I feel about it..
I see. It seems like most schools have some element of that but that still doesn't sound as bad as the book stealing, blacking out pages, and other sabotage.

LawperaMan
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby LawperaMan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:19 pm

PrincetonLaw wrote:
corvid wrote:
PrincetonLaw wrote:Anyone else concerned about the, uhhhh i don't want to say cut-throat, but competitive reputation of Baylor or the rigorous 3rd year program?

go on...


I've just always heard that Baylor's difficult 3rd year Practice Court program is extremely difficult and time consuming compared to most other law schools 3rd years. I've also heard that Baylor fails to foster a collegial atmosphere (i.e. students study non-stop during the week to leave for the weekend). It's been explained to me as though Baylor believes Law School to a boot camp type experience...

I'm just not sure how I feel about it..


Two of the most universal complaints about law school are (1) the third year is a waste of time, and (2) students do not acquire sufficient practical skills. While Baylor's 3rd year sounds intense, students are benefiting, instead of paying $45,000 to bide their time until their job (hopefully) starts.

If students study intensely during the week in order to have free weekends (perhaps to enjoy the Waco nightlife?) that certainly sounds like an choice more than a requirement. If you prefer to relax your pace and devote some weekend time to studying, I can't imagine your performance will suffer. In fact I would imagine it is the healthier and more productive way to study.

I really like the idea of the trial advocacy program. Better to learn, gain experience, make 'rookie' mistakes in school than out there in the real world when client's fortunes/lives are on the line. And if I have to give a school three years worth of tuition, I like the idea of getting three years worth of product. I also like the idea of finishing in 2 1/4 years. Limiting the opportunity cost of law school is a big deal for students with families.

zurcaled11
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby zurcaled11 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:23 pm

LawperaMan wrote:
PrincetonLaw wrote:
corvid wrote:
PrincetonLaw wrote:Anyone else concerned about the, uhhhh i don't want to say cut-throat, but competitive reputation of Baylor or the rigorous 3rd year program?

go on...


I've just always heard that Baylor's difficult 3rd year Practice Court program is extremely difficult and time consuming compared to most other law schools 3rd years. I've also heard that Baylor fails to foster a collegial atmosphere (i.e. students study non-stop during the week to leave for the weekend). It's been explained to me as though Baylor believes Law School to a boot camp type experience...

I'm just not sure how I feel about it..




If students study intensely during the week in order to have free weekends (perhaps to enjoy the Waco nightlife?)



Not sure if serious. :D

Have you even been to Waco? My guess is that they are studying hard during the week so they don't have to spend time in Waco on the weekends. Waco is honestly one of the top reasons why Baylor isn't higher on my list. But that is just my personal opinion.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby snehpets » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:24 pm

zurcaled11 wrote:
LawperaMan wrote:

If students study intensely during the week in order to have free weekends (perhaps to enjoy the Waco nightlife?)



Not sure if serious. :D

Have you even been to Waco? My guess is that they are studying hard during the week so they don't have to spend time in Waco on the weekends. Waco is honestly one of the top reasons why Baylor isn't higher on my list. But that is just my personal opinion.


Yeah, lol. I took the original post as a sort of commuter school vibe. ugh. waco. good school, of course, but waco... :|

Baylor17
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:55 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby Baylor17 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:36 pm

snehpets wrote:
zurcaled11 wrote:
LawperaMan wrote:

If students study intensely during the week in order to have free weekends (perhaps to enjoy the Waco nightlife?)



Not sure if serious. :D

Have you even been to Waco? My guess is that they are studying hard during the week so they don't have to spend time in Waco on the weekends. Waco is honestly one of the top reasons why Baylor isn't higher on my list. But that is just my personal opinion.


Yeah, lol. I took the original post as a sort of commuter school vibe. ugh. waco. good school, of course, but waco... :|




This is true. I went to Baylor undergrad and Waco is not very exciting at all. There are a handful of places you can go at night... but those get boring after a while. And you always see the same people there. I drove to Austin almost every weekend... which isn't too bad considering Austin and Dallas a little over an hour away.

Edit: I guess in that case you might as well go to UT or SMU lol. But Baylor's law school is beautiful, if that counts for anything.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby snehpets » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:40 pm

Baylor17 wrote:

This is true. I went to Baylor undergrad and Waco is not very exciting at all. There are a handful of places you can go at night... but those get boring after a while. And you always see the same people there. I drove to Austin almost every weekend... which isn't too bad considering Austin and Dallas a little over an hour away.

Edit: I guess in that case you might as well go to UT or SMU lol. But Baylor's law school is beautiful, if that counts for anything.


Yeah it always bummed me out how attractive Baylor was since it was in such an otherwise gross location. Although I'm all about Catfish King.

Oftranch
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: Baylor 2012 (Class of 2015)

Postby Oftranch » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:52 pm

in last night $30,000/yr




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2chainz_mang, Christinabruin, dmc1275, Exabot [Bot], hyoung74, idissent, lawschoolbound2017, mccracal, michelekfla, Mr. Bubbles, MSNbot Media, nume2016, stratton_oakmont and 42 guests