Howard class of 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby mcdeeremitch » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:19 pm

I just got the email for the March 9 open house along with the details...it looks interesting

User avatar
cylon_clone
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby cylon_clone » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:56 pm

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive about typos and looking for petty ways to narrow down my school list...but I would think that someone would have proofread that official Open House Agenda flyer...

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby mcdeeremitch » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:03 am

Does anyone know if Howard reimburses for travel to own house?

pmh1989
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:43 pm

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby pmh1989 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:33 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:Does anyone know if Howard reimburses for travel to own house?


I highly doubt it but am not sure.

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby mcdeeremitch » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:26 pm

Is any ne for sure going to the open house on march 9

parebare23
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:06 am

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby parebare23 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:27 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:Is any ne for sure going to the open house on march 9


Its a strong possibility.

wlee1220
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:45 am

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby wlee1220 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:52 am

Just got my acceptance email!!! $17.5K scholly!!! I didn't see the stips though...

User avatar
irish1485
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby irish1485 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:36 am

parebare23 wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:Is any ne for sure going to the open house on march 9


Its a strong possibility.



Looks like I'll be there as well

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby mcdeeremitch » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:57 pm

I'm still thinking about whether I'm going or not on March 9....I sent a scholarship negotiation email last tuesday to K Ridley and the financial aid office but havent heard anything yet...should I send a follow up email or just wait it out

User avatar
irish1485
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby irish1485 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:10 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:I'm still thinking about whether I'm going or not on March 9....I sent a scholarship negotiation email last tuesday to K Ridley and the financial aid office but havent heard anything yet...should I send a follow up email or just wait it out


Yea I'd imagine they'd be pretty slow.. It might be better to go and actually talk to someone from admissions in person at the open house, that's what I plan on doing to see if I can get my scholarship requirements relaxed a little.

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby mcdeeremitch » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:27 pm

irish1485 wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:I'm still thinking about whether I'm going or not on March 9....I sent a scholarship negotiation email last tuesday to K Ridley and the financial aid office but havent heard anything yet...should I send a follow up email or just wait it out


Yea I'd imagine they'd be pretty slow.. It might be better to go and actually talk to someone from admissions in person at the open house, that's what I plan on doing to see if I can get my scholarship requirements relaxed a little.


I was hoping to do this but I think I waited to late and know tickets are sky high...and I dont think howard reimuburses so I doubt I will make it out there next week

User avatar
irish1485
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby irish1485 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:35 pm

Has anyone else decided if they're going to attend the open house yet?

pcvpy
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby pcvpy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:48 pm

irish1485 wrote:Has anyone else decided if they're going to attend the open house yet?

Unfortunately, I cannot. If you go, let us know what we missed.

Anyone sent in their seat deposits yet?

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby mcdeeremitch » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:53 pm

pcvpy wrote:
irish1485 wrote:Has anyone else decided if they're going to attend the open house yet?

Unfortunately, I cannot. If you go, let us know what we missed.

Anyone sent in their seat deposits yet?


+1

User avatar
irish1485
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby irish1485 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:58 pm

pcvpy wrote:
irish1485 wrote:Has anyone else decided if they're going to attend the open house yet?

Unfortunately, I cannot. If you go, let us know what we missed.

Anyone sent in their seat deposits yet?


Yea I will.. I'll most likely be deciding on whether to send in my deposit after I visit also.

T14HopefulAK
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby T14HopefulAK » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:12 pm

For those who got accepted, how did the decision come? My status checker says Decision Rendered as of today 03/01/2012 but I haven't gotten a call or email.

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby mcdeeremitch » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:14 pm

I'm really getting frustrated with Howard not answering emails...I sent my negotiation email to two seperate people two weeks ago..no response....I sent an email to the admissions office just asking a general question..no repsonse.....I sent an email to to another email address to see if by any chance they were having another open house later on and again..no response...starting to frustrated especially since Howard is a school I am seriously considering

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby sdphill » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:16 pm

T14HopefulAK wrote:For those who got accepted, how did the decision come? My status checker says Decision Rendered as of today 03/01/2012 but I haven't gotten a call or email.


My decision came as an email... (Hours after my status checker changed) But at the top, it says "Congratulations on your acceptance to Howard University... " or something to that effect..

T14HopefulAK
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby T14HopefulAK » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:24 pm

was that on status checker or email? the congratulations part? thanks!

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby mcdeeremitch » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:25 pm

T14HopefulAK wrote:was that on status checker or email? the congratulations part? thanks!


It's on both..at the top of the status checker it will say Congrats...... and it will have the same message at the start of the email

pmh1989
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:43 pm

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby pmh1989 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:32 pm

I'll be attending the open house. I'll also post how it goes afterward for those of you that cannot attend!

pcvpy
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby pcvpy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:44 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:I'm really getting frustrated with Howard not answering emails...I sent my negotiation email to two seperate people two weeks ago..no response....I sent an email to the admissions office just asking a general question..no repsonse.....I sent an email to to another email address to see if by any chance they were having another open house later on and again..no response...starting to frustrated especially since Howard is a school I am seriously considering

Yeah... it took a week or two to hear back about getting Open House materials electronically. Maybe try calling?

pmh1989 wrote:I'll be attending the open house. I'll also post how it goes afterward for those of you that cannot attend!

Thanks!

User avatar
irish1485
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby irish1485 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:58 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:I'm really getting frustrated with Howard not answering emails...I sent my negotiation email to two seperate people two weeks ago..no response....I sent an email to the admissions office just asking a general question..no repsonse.....I sent an email to to another email address to see if by any chance they were having another open house later on and again..no response...starting to frustrated especially since Howard is a school I am seriously considering


Yea man this seems like a constant problem with husl.. it took them over a month to respond to my fee waiver request. If you look in last years thread you'll see the same issues with the administration

pcvpy
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby pcvpy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:51 pm

I've officially handed over my seat deposit.

User avatar
JaLeCa
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: Howard class of 2015

Postby JaLeCa » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:55 pm

pcvpy wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:I'm really getting frustrated with Howard not answering emails...I sent my negotiation email to two seperate people two weeks ago..no response....I sent an email to the admissions office just asking a general question..no repsonse.....I sent an email to to another email address to see if by any chance they were having another open house later on and again..no response...starting to frustrated especially since Howard is a school I am seriously considering

Yeah... it took a week or two to hear back about getting Open House materials electronically. Maybe try calling?

pmh1989 wrote:I'll be attending the open house. I'll also post how it goes afterward for those of you that cannot attend!

Thanks!


Hello all,

As a 1L, I seriously understand the frustration with Howard and the administration, which almost prevented me from attending. There would be days I would sit in tears on the phone trying to get problems solved, and it seemed never-ending. This was a frustration of all of my classmates before school started.

That being said, I never regretted the decision to attend Howard since school started. Although I had to get over the humps before Fall (it was like a haze), I believe it was worth it. There is a song sense of community in the school, and our alumni network, OCIs and events are plentiful.

Just something to keep in mind as you deal with the Admin....




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, JazzyMac, jyzhao3, nahmjun and 12 guests