Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CLW8131
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:31 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby CLW8131 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:45 pm

Congratulations!!! What are your stats if you don't mind (or pm me)?

TLSwag
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby TLSwag » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:11 pm

meant to update a while ago, got pulled off a WL and retook LSAT june 11th, so finally decided to withdraw the full scholly ... hopefully someone gets some of my $$$ (ask for it ha)

thisblows6188
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 6:47 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby thisblows6188 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:39 am

Congrats guys and thx for withdrawing....can you post your stats plz?

DreamLaw0915
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby DreamLaw0915 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Any acceptances off the WL?!

User avatar
hob12
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby hob12 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:34 pm

I'm still considering attending, I had deposited in another school and then they came back at me asking to reconsider with a higher scholly? Did this happen to anyone else?

Also I'm having issues with their website. I know they say you can take a couple of courses for variety across the street at the New School, does anyone know if that is included in tuition? Also does anyone know what the course requirements are after 1L? I can't seem to find specifics.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby 20130312 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:37 pm

hob12 wrote:I'm still considering attending, I had deposited in another school and then they came back at me asking to reconsider with a higher scholly? Did this happen to anyone else?

Also I'm having issues with their website. I know they say you can take a couple of courses for variety across the street at the New School, does anyone know if that is included in tuition? Also does anyone know what the course requirements are after 1L? I can't seem to find specifics.


This happened to me. 'Dozo came back, offered a full scholly top 80% stip, and gave me one week to decide. I responded a few weeks later and asked if I could still accept, the dean told me that they were out of money. Now they're giving out more money? This school is sketchy as hell.

User avatar
sd5289
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby sd5289 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:00 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:This happened to me. 'Dozo came back, offered a full scholly top 80% stip, and gave me one week to decide. I responded a few weeks later and asked if I could still accept, the dean told me that they were out of money. Now they're giving out more money? This school is sketchy as hell.


Their hard deadlines are indeed hard; however, the new scholly offers came after other recipients gave theirs up, which freed that money up. This activity was all attached to their two deposit deadlines (I didn't hear about an increase until after the June 1st deadline even though I'd try to negotiate back in April/May and was told there wasn't anything left). I think they give you a chance to accept by the deadline, and if you don't they move onto the next person in line. They're pretty rigid about it.

freedomofchat
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:42 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby freedomofchat » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:21 am

#tdbpifsowisimtoibhfdwml
Last edited by freedomofchat on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hob12
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby hob12 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:40 pm

Does anyone know if they have a like a peer mentor-ship program? Some schools assign all new 1L's a 2 or 3L, and I think the idea is kind of neat.

User avatar
Wily
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Wily » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:36 pm

Has anyone gotten a living stipend at Cardozo? Do they offer those? I have a full scholarship but I'm wondering if there's anything more I could get.

CLW8131
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:31 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby CLW8131 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:44 pm

If you have gotten in off the wait list please post your stats!

thisblows6188
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 6:47 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby thisblows6188 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:03 pm

CLW8131 wrote:If you have gotten in off the wait list please post your stats!

I second that....

User avatar
sd5289
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby sd5289 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:04 pm

Wily wrote:Has anyone gotten a living stipend at Cardozo? Do they offer those? I have a full scholarship but I'm wondering if there's anything more I could get.


Not that I know of. I haven't seen anything on TLS or elsewhere about a living stipend.

courtneysoliday
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:57 am

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby courtneysoliday » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:18 pm

hob12 wrote:Does anyone know if they have a like a peer mentor-ship program? Some schools assign all new 1L's a 2 or 3L, and I think the idea is kind of neat.



Yes they do! --LinkRemoved--

DreamLaw0915
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby DreamLaw0915 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:52 pm

CLW8131 wrote:If you have gotten in off the wait list please post your stats!



Did anyone get off the WL?!

cc999
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby cc999 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Wily wrote:Has anyone gotten a living stipend at Cardozo? Do they offer those? I have a full scholarship but I'm wondering if there's anything more I could get.


I emailed them awhile ago to ask if they would add a living cost stipend to my scholarship but they said that they don't offer them (although I think they used to). Hope that helps!

expatHK
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:24 am

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby expatHK » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Has anyone applied/submitted their deposit for housing at the Alabama? Im on their waitlist (applied late) :cry:
And/or is anyone looking into other housing/roommate(s)?

thisblows6188
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 6:47 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby thisblows6188 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:48 pm

Last yr around june 15th admitted student got an email saying that the class was nearly full-has that happened this yr or r we still in the game?

expatHK
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:24 am

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby expatHK » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:48 pm

thisblows6188 wrote:Last yr around june 15th admitted student got an email saying that the class was nearly full-has that happened this yr or r we still in the game?


This year as well. Below is a clip from an email received on June 14th

We are very happy to report that you will be among an incredibly accomplished group of students joining the Cardozo community this fall. At present, Cardozo’s entering class is mostly full. Therefore, it is very important that you immediately inform us of a change in your enrollment plans so that we can offer any available seats to deserving applicants from our waitlist.

thisblows6188
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 6:47 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby thisblows6188 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:22 pm

expatHK wrote:
thisblows6188 wrote:Last yr around june 15th admitted student got an email saying that the class was nearly full-has that happened this yr or r we still in the game?


This year as well. Below is a clip from an email received on June 14th

We are very happy to report that you will be among an incredibly accomplished group of students joining the Cardozo community this fall. At present, Cardozo’s entering class is mostly full. Therefore, it is very important that you immediately inform us of a change in your enrollment plans so that we can offer any available seats to deserving applicants from our waitlist.



huh? wonder if they just say that to get ppl who are not really interested in the school to make way for those who are.

User avatar
Robespierre
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Robespierre » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:11 am

expatHK wrote:
thisblows6188 wrote:Last yr around june 15th admitted student got an email saying that the class was nearly full-has that happened this yr or r we still in the game?


This year as well. Below is a clip from an email received on June 14th

We are very happy to report that you will be among an incredibly accomplished group of students joining the Cardozo community this fall. At present, Cardozo’s entering class is mostly full. Therefore, it is very important that you immediately inform us of a change in your enrollment plans so that we can offer any available seats to deserving applicants from our waitlist.


"Mostly full." LOL. Even if just 5% of the class has to be filled, that means about 20 spots for waitlisters. Not a very meaningful statement.

CLW8131
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:31 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby CLW8131 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:40 pm

I'll wait for you forever Cardozo! Or at least until mid-August...

User avatar
sd5289
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby sd5289 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:00 pm

thisblows6188 wrote:huh? wonder if they just say that to get ppl who are not really interested in the school to make way for those who are.


Sorry, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. I was told the same thing when I was deciding on whether or not to take the full scholly offer and it was also confirmed after I accepted. The fall semester begins in less than 2 months, so it's safe to say that they're not lying when they say the class is almost full.

dgb87
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby dgb87 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:25 am

Hi Potential Cardozo 1Ls,

I will be a 3L at Cardozo in the fall, and I'm also working as a Real Estate agent this summer. (don't let my lack of law job discourage you, I don't want to be a lawyer and didn't try to get a law job, but plenty of my friends work in big law) If you have any questions about the school, the neighborhood, housing etc. let me know! I'm happy to answer questions! Also, if you do decide to come and need help finding an apartment, I offer a discount to all Cardozo students and alumni. Either PM me or email me directly at dani@tmrp.com! Good luck with your cycles, and maybe I will meet some of you in the fall!

Dani

PS - I'm also the director of Cardozo's Law Revue show so if any of you are interested in that let me know as well!

expatHK
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:24 am

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby expatHK » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:11 am

Has anyone visited the Alabama? How are the apartments? Does anyone know the approx. size of a studio there? This is what I found online: http://www.cardozo.yu.edu/MemberContent ... folderid=0 but I read somewhere on TLS that the apartments have been renovated.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kaziende, mm2368, pandaaa, potterotter and 12 guests