Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sdphill

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby sdphill » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:34 pm

StarLightSpectre wrote:
sdphill wrote:
StarLightSpectre wrote:I just got my admit packet in the mail and it informed me I got the Nathaniel Gates scholarship? Anyone got any more info on this?

I am received the same scholarship :-D For full tuition right?

Yup! Def didn't expect that. I wonder if this scholarships has any special programs or mentorship related to it like some of the named scholarships at other institutions. If so, it would be def hard to pass this up.

Yeah... I am still holding on to this... Even though I know I will have to withdraw soon... There are so many perks about going to Cardozo, but I know my heart is not there.

StarLightSpectre

Postby StarLightSpectre » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:53 pm

sdphill wrote:
StarLightSpectre wrote:
sdphill wrote:
StarLightSpectre wrote:I just got my admit packet in the mail and it informed me I got the Nathaniel Gates scholarship? Anyone got any more info on this?

I am received the same scholarship :-D For full tuition right?

Yup! Def didn't expect that. I wonder if this scholarships has any special programs or mentorship related to it like some of the named scholarships at other institutions. If so, it would be def hard to pass this up.

Yeah... I am still holding on to this... Even though I know I will have to withdraw soon... There are so many perks about going to Cardozo, but I know my heart is not there.

I'm exactly in the same place. I love NYC and there's something mystical about going to law school basically for free. But it's hard to overlook the Dozo's placement #s (which are respectable but not stellar). What other options are you looking at?

sdphill

Postby sdphill » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:05 pm

StarLightSpectre wrote:
I'm exactly in the same place. I love NYC and there's something mystical about going to law school basically for free. But it's hard to overlook the Dozo's placement #s (which are respectable but not stellar). What other options are you looking at?

Check your PMs!

ggibelli

Postby ggibelli » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:18 pm

admitted to the May start program! going to ASD on thursday. what's this i hear about drinks..

Munchkin318

Postby Munchkin318 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:40 pm

Turns out I'm also gonna be at the ASD on Thursday! Going straight to DC after but any one wanna meet up for the event itself? Or I will be that lone girl standing by the beverages...

Jimbola

Postby Jimbola » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:54 am

I shall be there for Thursday! I'm assuming its business casual?

diamond705

Postby diamond705 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:58 am

HI! Congrats to everyone who was accepted to Cardozo As for those who are starting in May, what are you doing about housing? I'm trying to find an apt or sublet something close to the school (hopefully within walking distance). I would love school housing, but I hear it's hard to get into.
Soooo anyone else looking for a roommate? or maybe know of anyone who is? Please contact me!

Can't wait to meet everyone at the ASD!

Jimbola

Postby Jimbola » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:20 am

BTW the weather is supposed to be gorgeous for Thursday.

ggibelli

Postby ggibelli » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:24 am

Jimbola wrote:BTW the weather is supposed to be gorgeous for Thursday.

8) i'm fired up

bfrazer

Postby bfrazer » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:25 am

StarLightSpectre and sdphill! Are you full-time or part-time admits? Here's some info about the scholarship I found online:

The E. Nathaniel Gates Scholarship, named after a former Cardozo professor, recognizes outstanding potential in those who are first-generation graduate students or who come from backgrounds under-represented in the legal profession. Professor Gates, a member of the Cardozo faculty from 1992 until his death in 2006, was the first member of his immediate family to attend college and law school. He served as advisor to important student initiatives and organizations, including the Diversity Coalition and the Black, Asian, and Latino Law Students Association, and at the time of his death was working on a sweeping examination of race in American law dating back to the colonial period.

Congrats to both of you :)

MIKESaccount

Postby MIKESaccount » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:03 pm

I know that certain schools have responded to their changing in rankings. I'm pretty bummed that Cardozo dropped from 50 to 56, but I've always been skeptical to judge a book by its cover according to USNWR. Does anyone know if Cardozo issued a statement anywhere responding to its change in ranking?
My own two cents about Cardozo's ranking is that it has to be taken with a grain of salt. By the very fact that Cardozo is a young school and not as engrained as other older institutions, I would actually be quite surprised if its ranking didn't fluctuate from year to year. Thoughts, anyone?

Miss Mignardise

Postby Miss Mignardise » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:52 pm

Congrats to all of you who got accepted! I've been looking into this thread for a long time. I got waitlisted yesterday and emailed them that in addition to remain on the fall waitlist, I want to be considered for the May program. Those of you who were in the same situation as I am right now and got accepted to the May program later, how long did you have to wait when you heard back from the admissions office about the acceptance to May program?

Dash41

Postby Dash41 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:53 pm

Cardozo is the only school in my cycle I haven't heard back from. Still stuck at under review from 1/10 and I thought with my numbers I'd be an auto admit. We'll see.

TheFailboat

Postby TheFailboat » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Dash41 wrote:Cardozo is the only school in my cycle I haven't heard back from. Still stuck at under review from 1/10 and I thought with my numbers I'd be an auto admit. We'll see.

Same situation (minus the numbers - yours are a bit higher than mine). It's starting to irritate me every time I check my mail and I have nothing from them!

Dash41

Postby Dash41 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:59 pm

TheFailboat wrote:
Dash41 wrote:Cardozo is the only school in my cycle I haven't heard back from. Still stuck at under review from 1/10 and I thought with my numbers I'd be an auto admit. We'll see.

Same situation (minus the numbers - yours are a bit higher than mine). It's starting to irritate me every time I check my mail and I have nothing from them!

I know you're also considering Tulane, but it'd be nice to see what Carodozo has the offer before I make any decisions. I was hoping for a full tuition scholarship, but that doesn't look likely now.

bfrazer

Postby bfrazer » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:45 pm

Miss Mignardise wrote:Congrats to all of you who got accepted! I've been looking into this thread for a long time. I got waitlisted yesterday and emailed them that in addition to remain on the fall waitlist, I want to be considered for the May program. Those of you who were in the same situation as I am right now and got accepted to the May program later, how long did you have to wait when you heard back from the admissions office about the acceptance to May program?

I applied to the full-time program 1/30, got waitlisted 2/20 and then into the May program on 3/9. Hopefully you'll hear back soon!

diamond705

Postby diamond705 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Miss Mignardise wrote:Congrats to all of you who got accepted! I've been looking into this thread for a long time. I got waitlisted yesterday and emailed them that in addition to remain on the fall waitlist, I want to be considered for the May program. Those of you who were in the same situation as I am right now and got accepted to the May program later, how long did you have to wait when you heard back from the admissions office about the acceptance to May program?

I applied for the fall start on 1/10, waitlisted for fall (and re-applied for May) on 2/6, got accepted into May on 2/16.

Good luck!!

gilkile

Postby gilkile » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:37 pm

Excited to attend ASD this thurs! can someone pm me the "after-party" info?

TheFailboat

Postby TheFailboat » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:15 am

Dash41 wrote:
TheFailboat wrote:

I know you're also considering Tulane, but it'd be nice to see what Carodozo has the offer before I make any decisions. I was hoping for a full tuition scholarship, but that doesn't look likely now.

I really wanted to check out Dozo too, but seeing as I won't be able to attend any of the ASWs if I am admitted since it's taken them so long, it doesn't look likely...

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:21 am

gilkile wrote:Excited to attend ASD this thurs! can someone pm me the "after-party" info?

What's this after-party!? :D

I'll be attending Thursday and I'd love to meet up with some TLSers for drinks afterwards.

lushes3

Postby lushes3 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:46 pm

TheFailboat wrote:
Dash41 wrote:
TheFailboat wrote:

I really wanted to check out Dozo too, but seeing as I won't be able to attend any of the ASWs if I am admitted since it's taken them so long, it doesn't look likely...

Same here.
Last edited by lushes3 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robwilke

Postby robwilke » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:46 pm

Got waitlisted earlier this week (applied for fall, full-time). For those still holding out on the fall waitlist, what do you think our chances are? How soon would we know?

Kess

Postby Kess » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:07 pm

Looks like there is a facebook group for May students already. I haven't gotten an official invite by email for it though but requested to join anyway.

Have fun at ASD tomorrow, everyone!

TheFailboat

Postby TheFailboat » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:29 pm

Just got a voicemail from the admissions office today telling me to call them back!......but when I did, they just wanted to let me know that they "hadn't forgotten me" and wanted to know if I'd gotten offers from any other schools. I tried to get across as politely as possible that yes, I have heard back from every other school I applied to at this point, with significant offers from some.

Get it together, guys!!!!

kmatz311

Postby kmatz311 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:31 pm

TheFailboat wrote:Just got a voicemail from the admissions office today telling me to call them back!......but when I did, they just wanted to let me know that they "hadn't forgotten me" and wanted to know if I'd gotten offers from any other schools. I tried to get across as politely as possible that yes, I have heard back from every other school I applied to at this point, with significant offers from some.

Get it together, guys!!!!

I keep getting phone calls from unknown numbers with no voice mails.. I'm assuming its just political campaigns asking for donations, I'll be bummed if it's just Dozo not leaving messages... wahh.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”