Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Munchkin318
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:16 am

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Munchkin318 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:18 pm

In via voicemail today! I'm actually kind of glad I was at work and could avoid the awkward reaction on the phone haha. Decent scholly too. Let the decisions begin!

law31390
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:29 am

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby law31390 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:25 pm

Munchkin318 wrote:In via voicemail today! I'm actually kind of glad I was at work and could avoid the awkward reaction on the phone haha. Decent scholly too. Let the decisions begin!


Congratulations! :D

User avatar
john1990
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby john1990 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:48 pm

under review since 1/25 :shock:

diamond705
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby diamond705 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:04 pm

Hi! Congrats to everyone who is going to be starting this May at Cardozo (yahhh class of 2015!!!). Can't wait to see you all there :)
So....I've started to think about housing for the summer/fall/spring. I'm really hoping to get into the school's apartment building, but I hear it's super hard and fills up extremely fast. It would be so easy if we could just get a class roster or if there was a facebook group so we could find other students who need housing also.
IS ANYONE LOOKING FOR AN APARTMENT/ROOMMATE????
I'm hoping to live within walking distance from the school (or close enough). So if youre also looking for a place to rent/sublet....contact me!!!
Congrats again to everyone :)

User avatar
TIKITEMBO
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby TIKITEMBO » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:18 am

Been looking at this thread for awhile.

155ish/3.7ish GPA, tons of WE and community involvement that is PI related. Hoping my GPA brings me through on this one...

User avatar
iceicebaby
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby iceicebaby » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:36 am

diamond705 wrote:Hi! Congrats to everyone who is going to be starting this May at Cardozo (yahhh class of 2015!!!). Can't wait to see you all there :)
So....I've started to think about housing for the summer/fall/spring. I'm really hoping to get into the school's apartment building, but I hear it's super hard and fills up extremely fast. It would be so easy if we could just get a class roster or if there was a facebook group so we could find other students who need housing also.
IS ANYONE LOOKING FOR AN APARTMENT/ROOMMATE????
I'm hoping to live within walking distance from the school (or close enough). So if youre also looking for a place to rent/sublet....contact me!!!
Congrats again to everyone :)


Congrats!!! I hope to be joining you soon in the May program. If you don't mind me asking, what were your numbers?

Good luck finding decently affordable housing in that area... it is pretty expensive. I suggest that you should look at the Upper East Side... it has the best value for your money in the city imho and the 4-5 subway line can get you down to Union Square (which is only a couple of blocks from the school) in no time. Trust me, I lived there for a while near the E 86th street subway... three stops, 10-15 minutes tops on the express train and you're there.

Check out zillow.com and citi-habitats.com... they are good places for searching for and finding apartments.

User avatar
steepair
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby steepair » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:44 pm

i'd be interested in doing this, too! i haven't committed to cardozo yet, but i'm really leaning toward it. i'll be moving from san francisco and the idea of finding other students to find a place with sounds good to me. anyone entering in the fall considering this?

DreamLaw0915
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby DreamLaw0915 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:31 pm

Wait listed for Fall and May as of 2/13. Anyone also wait listed and heard back?!

User avatar
magicbunny
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:29 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby magicbunny » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:15 pm

My status check says decision rendered and sent, but no phone calls/emails whatsoever... ahhh that's driving me crazy. I'm flying to New York for ASW at Fordham tomorrow and really want to know the result so that I can visit Cardozo too... Could I call them and tell them I'm in town and wish to know the result before it comes to my mailbox?

law31390
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:29 am

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby law31390 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:42 pm

magicbunny wrote:My status check says decision rendered and sent, but no phone calls/emails whatsoever... ahhh that's driving me crazy. I'm flying to New York for ASW at Fordham tomorrow and really want to know the result so that I can visit Cardozo too... Could I call them and tell them I'm in town and wish to know the result before it comes to my mailbox?


I read earlier that someone received an email without a phone call or official letter, so they called admissions, and admissions told them that they were in fact accepted. I would call if I were you! Good luck in New York!

User avatar
magicbunny
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:29 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby magicbunny » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:51 pm

law31390 wrote:
magicbunny wrote:My status check says decision rendered and sent, but no phone calls/emails whatsoever... ahhh that's driving me crazy. I'm flying to New York for ASW at Fordham tomorrow and really want to know the result so that I can visit Cardozo too... Could I call them and tell them I'm in town and wish to know the result before it comes to my mailbox?


I read earlier that someone received an email without a phone call or official letter, so they called admissions, and admissions told them that they were in fact accepted. I would call if I were you! Good luck in New York!


Awww thanks! I'll call them before I get on the plane then :)

diamond705
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby diamond705 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:36 am

iceicebaby wrote:
diamond705 wrote:Hi! Congrats to everyone who is going to be starting this May at Cardozo (yahhh class of 2015!!!). Can't wait to see you all there :)
So....I've started to think about housing for the summer/fall/spring. I'm really hoping to get into the school's apartment building, but I hear it's super hard and fills up extremely fast. It would be so easy if we could just get a class roster or if there was a facebook group so we could find other students who need housing also.
IS ANYONE LOOKING FOR AN APARTMENT/ROOMMATE????
I'm hoping to live within walking distance from the school (or close enough). So if youre also looking for a place to rent/sublet....contact me!!!
Congrats again to everyone :)


Congrats!!! I hope to be joining you soon in the May program. If you don't mind me asking, what were your numbers?

Good luck finding decently affordable housing in that area... it is pretty expensive. I suggest that you should look at the Upper East Side... it has the best value for your money in the city imho and the 4-5 subway line can get you down to Union Square (which is only a couple of blocks from the school) in no time. Trust me, I lived there for a while near the E 86th street subway... three stops, 10-15 minutes tops on the express train and you're there.

Check out zillow.com and citi-habitats.com... they are good places for searching for and finding apartments.


Awesome...thanks for the websites. I got a 159 on the LSAT and had a 3.59 gpa. I actually applied for september but got waitlisted, so took the option of applying to May and got in. It sounds like a really good program and not many drawbacks (except finding housing in such short time lol). But I can't wait to meet everyone!

User avatar
iceicebaby
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby iceicebaby » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:12 pm

diamond705 wrote:
iceicebaby wrote:
diamond705 wrote:Hi! Congrats to everyone who is going to be starting this May at Cardozo (yahhh class of 2015!!!). Can't wait to see you all there :)
So....I've started to think about housing for the summer/fall/spring. I'm really hoping to get into the school's apartment building, but I hear it's super hard and fills up extremely fast. It would be so easy if we could just get a class roster or if there was a facebook group so we could find other students who need housing also.
IS ANYONE LOOKING FOR AN APARTMENT/ROOMMATE????
I'm hoping to live within walking distance from the school (or close enough). So if youre also looking for a place to rent/sublet....contact me!!!
Congrats again to everyone :)


Congrats!!! I hope to be joining you soon in the May program. If you don't mind me asking, what were your numbers?

Good luck finding decently affordable housing in that area... it is pretty expensive. I suggest that you should look at the Upper East Side... it has the best value for your money in the city imho and the 4-5 subway line can get you down to Union Square (which is only a couple of blocks from the school) in no time. Trust me, I lived there for a while near the E 86th street subway... three stops, 10-15 minutes tops on the express train and you're there.

Check out zillow.com and citi-habitats.com... they are good places for searching for and finding apartments.


Awesome...thanks for the websites. I got a 159 on the LSAT and had a 3.59 gpa. I actually applied for september but got waitlisted, so took the option of applying to May and got in. It sounds like a really good program and not many drawbacks (except finding housing in such short time lol). But I can't wait to meet everyone!


You're welcome and thanks for sharing your numbers! Congrats!!! Hopefully I will be meeting you at Cardozo's ASW or something.

P.S. If anyone has questions about living in NYC, I lived and worked there for some time so I will be glad to answer q's to the best of my ability.

User avatar
westcoast
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby westcoast » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:13 pm

Accepted for May program today. Nice to get a call.
Last edited by westcoast on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wvu
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby wvu » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:49 pm

Cardozo's latest mailing envelope sparkles. Literally sparkles.

User avatar
Dislaw
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Dislaw » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:27 am

Anybody want to plan an outing following the ASD on the 22nd?

Not familiar with the area, so I can't suggest a location. But would help organize it!

diamond705
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby diamond705 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:47 pm

Does anyone know if there is a facebook group yet for the 2012 May program? Maybe I was just looking under the wrong name or something...idk.

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby fltanglab » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:22 pm

Dislaw wrote:Anybody want to plan an outing following the ASD on the 22nd?

Not familiar with the area, so I can't suggest a location. But would help organize it!


Yes! I have a somewhat early train the next morning, but I'd be up for something right after.

User avatar
Kess
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Kess » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:22 am

diamond705 wrote:Does anyone know if there is a facebook group yet for the 2012 May program? Maybe I was just looking under the wrong name or something...idk.


I looked for one too and couldn't find it. I think that the schools usually make it themselves though.

jlz111
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:59 am

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby jlz111 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:10 pm

Just got in for May start off the WL

Any May starters here i can talk to?

User avatar
iceicebaby
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby iceicebaby » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:35 pm

jlz111 wrote:Just got in for May start off the WL

Any May starters here i can talk to?


I'm a wannabe one that's also on the waitlist for May, does that count? Good to see they are taking people off the waitlist for the May program... did you apply for the regular full time program first? Do you mind sharing your numbers at all? PM me if you like.

Oh, and CONGRATS!

Lapetite7
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:49 am

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Lapetite7 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:47 pm

jlz111 wrote:Just got in for May start off the WL

Any May starters here i can talk to?



Congrats! Were you originally applying for Fall?

jlz111
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:59 am

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby jlz111 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Yep ... still trying to get in for Fall.

User avatar
Robespierre
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Robespierre » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:33 pm

These offers for the May program to people on the WL for the Fall program ... are they without any merit aid, as in prior years? Congrats! either way!

Lapetite7
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:49 am

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Lapetite7 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:36 pm

jlz111 wrote:Yep ... still trying to get in for Fall.


I accepted my W/L for both as well. But they told me if I get into May I am taken off WL for Fall.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cd1945, Dcc617, erinkh, ginawwhan, henryyou, potterotter, zeglo and 27 guests