Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TXG
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby TXG » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:06 am

pacifcnw wrote:has anyone talked to the woman at the admissions office coordinating the accepted students day on the 20th? I bought a ticket and was excited to come out and visit... but now she's refusing to reimburse me (for my trip from ny to home) simply because i didn't get a round trip ticket.

i'm confused because its cheaper for them... basically now i feel pushed around/ out the price of the ticket.

thoughts/advice?



That's bizarre. They seemed really helpful whenever I called and requested info about it. The only thing they seemed to be martinets about was the clause requiring you to travel to/from your home location, I suppose to avoid being forced to pay for trips to the Bahamas, etc. Is it possible that you could re-book/arrange a return trip?

TXG
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby TXG » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:08 am

hob12 wrote:Has anyone had luck with scholarship negotiations? I received no $$ but was hoping I could use my 15k/yr to Washington and Lee as some incentive.



You got money from W&L but not 'Dozo? That's weird. I think you could at least try. It wouldn't hurt...

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby dingbat » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:42 am

AlphaGlam wrote:Is anyone going to Admitted Students Day in March? I don't think I'm going to make the one in February.


What day in March?

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby laxbrah420 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:19 am

status check: decision rendered
+phone: no 212 missed calls
=denied?

User avatar
LFC YNWA
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby LFC YNWA » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:27 am

laxbrah420 wrote:status check: decision rendered
+phone: no 212 missed calls
=denied?


I wouldn't jump to conclusions... maybe they just are taking a bit more time to call?

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Unagi » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:48 am

LFC YNWA wrote:
laxbrah420 wrote:status check: decision rendered
+phone: no 212 missed calls
=denied?


I wouldn't jump to conclusions... maybe they just are taking a bit more time to call?


I was accepted and never got a call!

lmrt
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby lmrt » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:01 pm

My status didn't change to rendered and sent until the day after I was admitted via phone.

User avatar
ab616
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby ab616 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:07 pm

30-Something wrote:Who else is going to the Discover Cardozo thingy next week?


haven't gotten a decision back yet but I'm thinking about going

User avatar
30-Something
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby 30-Something » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:11 pm

ab616 wrote:
30-Something wrote:Who else is going to the Discover Cardozo thingy next week?


haven't gotten a decision back yet but I'm thinking about going


Let them know if you're going to go... They have to send you the reading assignment so that you can be prepared for the mock-class.

User avatar
ab616
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby ab616 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:17 pm

30-Something wrote:
ab616 wrote:
30-Something wrote:Who else is going to the Discover Cardozo thingy next week?


haven't gotten a decision back yet but I'm thinking about going


Let them know if you're going to go... They have to send you the reading assignment so that you can be prepared for the mock-class.


I did RSVP & got the reading assignment, I'm just trying to decide if it will help/hurt my chances at admission

glove711
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:53 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby glove711 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:53 pm

Unagi wrote:
LFC YNWA wrote:
laxbrah420 wrote:status check: decision rendered
+phone: no 212 missed calls
=denied?


I wouldn't jump to conclusions... maybe they just are taking a bit more time to call?


I was accepted and never got a call!


+1. And with scholarship money, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby laxbrah420 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:33 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:status check: decision rendered
+phone: no 212 missed calls
=denied?

well just got an email that says, "congratulations again on your admission"...
:lol:

User avatar
LFC YNWA
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby LFC YNWA » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:50 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:
laxbrah420 wrote:status check: decision rendered
+phone: no 212 missed calls
=denied?

well just got an email that says, "congratulations again on your admission"...
:lol:


TOLD YOU, brah! Congrats !!!

patrovna126
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:57 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby patrovna126 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:50 pm

Sooo, after my status update yesterday i still hadnt heard anything all day until just now when i got the email for the February Admitted Students Day. I called them to make sure it wasn't a mistake and it wasn't. She said they just hadn't gotten around to calling me yet.

Happy to get in but the stress was unbelievable.

User avatar
AlphaGlam
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:45 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby AlphaGlam » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:27 pm

dingbat wrote:
AlphaGlam wrote:Is anyone going to Admitted Students Day in March? I don't think I'm going to make the one in February.


What day in March?


I think it's on the 22nd, so I'm hoping to fly in a few days before and leave a few days after. It'd be nice to meet up with people if anyone else is going.

User avatar
Dash41
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:35 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Dash41 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:36 pm

Still under review since 1/10. Thought I would get good money here.

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby fltanglab » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:42 pm

AlphaGlam wrote:
dingbat wrote:
AlphaGlam wrote:Is anyone going to Admitted Students Day in March? I don't think I'm going to make the one in February.


What day in March?


I think it's on the 22nd, so I'm hoping to fly in a few days before and leave a few days after. It'd be nice to meet up with people if anyone else is going.


I'm planning on it, but I haven't set my plans yet. I've been completely overwhelmed recently.

pret
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby pret » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:30 pm

Still shocked I was even waitlisted. LSP said I had a >5% chance!

User avatar
Kess
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Kess » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:36 pm

pret wrote:Still shocked I was even waitlisted. LSP said I had a >5% chance!


hey, just wondering, what are your #s?

I'm also WL (also LSP gave me dim chances) at Cardozo and it's my number one choice.

pret
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby pret » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:38 pm

Kess wrote:
pret wrote:Still shocked I was even waitlisted. LSP said I had a >5% chance!


hey, just wondering, what are your #s?

I'm also WL (also LSP gave me dim chances) at Cardozo and it's my number one choice.

PM'ed!

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby dingbat » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:51 pm

AlphaGlam wrote:
dingbat wrote:
AlphaGlam wrote:Is anyone going to Admitted Students Day in March? I don't think I'm going to make the one in February.


What day in March?


I think it's on the 22nd, so I'm hoping to fly in a few days before and leave a few days after. It'd be nice to meet up with people if anyone else is going.


Unfortunately, I work for a living, so I can't go midweek

tds17
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby tds17 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:18 pm

Applied 12/2
3.35 165 Non URM
status still says complete and under review
considering it is taking this long, could it be anything but waitlisted?
thanks

User avatar
suits00
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby suits00 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:21 pm

tds17 wrote:Applied 12/2
3.35 165 Non URM
status still says complete and under review
considering it is taking this long, could it be anything but waitlisted?
thanks


Yes. You could be admitted as early as tomorrow, or maybe even in March. If you were waitlisted, you would have been notified of such.
Relax!

tds17
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby tds17 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:24 pm

many thanks!

User avatar
hob12
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby hob12 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:27 pm

TXG wrote:
hob12 wrote:Has anyone had luck with scholarship negotiations? I received no $$ but was hoping I could use my 15k/yr to Washington and Lee as some incentive.



You got money from W&L but not 'Dozo? That's weird. I think you could at least try. It wouldn't hurt...


Yeah, I'm hoping to get some $$, because I think it would be hard to pass up W&L with 15 or Villanova with full/ no stipulations.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AntsInMyEyesJohnson, ayylmao, Baby Gaga, cd1945, Finickywalrus, galeatus, genjustice, izha, oliviaj_j, potterotter, proteinshake, reydingo, Yahoo [Bot] and 19 guests