University of San Diego 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
reinert924
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:12 am

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby reinert924 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:13 pm

So... seat deposits are due on April 1st? Is that right? They are probably just waiting to hear back from those before they tell us, right? Bah, if so, this might be a slow week.

Phightins
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:21 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby Phightins » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:18 pm

reinert924 wrote:So... seat deposits are due on April 1st? Is that right? They are probably just waiting to hear back from those before they tell us, right? Bah, if so, this might be a slow week.


That's just for scholarship recipients. The regular seat deposit deadline is April 30th.

akua1209
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:09 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby akua1209 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:17 pm

reinert924 wrote:
akua1209 wrote:Decision rendered today!! - 3/27

Crossing my fingers....


Complete 1/31, 3/7 (Part-Time)



Have any PT applicants been accepted recently? Trying to look through the thread, but it's giving me a headache :)


I've been complete since 1/19, and I haven't heard a peep! Congrats on DR!

Thanks!

wannagotolaw
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:57 am

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby wannagotolaw » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:38 am

:twisted:

Has anyone had any success with requesting a travel stipend?

kakaa001
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby kakaa001 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:42 am

Paid my deposit today! Looking forward to meeting some of you in the fall. :D

cobsss
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:23 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby cobsss » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:30 pm

Hey guys I'm fully considering going to USD. I currently live in LA am a UCLA graduate and was hoping to somehow get accepted to UCLA/USC but have not. On the brighter end of things i did receive a scholarship from LMU and Southwestern and USD. I would prefer to move out of the city, even though i plan on working here in the future. USD did offer me a 18K/yr scholly and I was wondering if/how others were able to argue for more? Is it worth the try? Thanks for the heads up! I look forward to meeting some of you during school or admittance day.

dbrown89
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby dbrown89 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:03 pm

Decision Rendered today........

Soooooooooooo nervous. Anyone else go decision rendered today? They send you all the information through snail mail right?

Beachbum89
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:08 am

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby Beachbum89 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:10 pm

cobsss wrote:Hey guys I'm fully considering going to USD. I currently live in LA am a UCLA graduate and was hoping to somehow get accepted to UCLA/USC but have not. On the brighter end of things i did receive a scholarship from LMU and Southwestern and USD. I would prefer to move out of the city, even though i plan on working here in the future. USD did offer me a 18K/yr scholly and I was wondering if/how others were able to argue for more? Is it worth the try? Thanks for the heads up! I look forward to meeting some of you during school or admittance day.


At admitted students day the director of admissions said they are pretty much out of scholarship money until after the scholarship deposit deadline. He said after they have a good idea of who's going to USD for the fall they'll be able to re-allocate scholarship money if they still have it at that point.

User avatar
lawlaw87
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:31 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby lawlaw87 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Decsion rendered today, I've been complete since 1/18, very nervous! Does anyone know how long doesn't it take to get the snail mail? I'm from Seattle.

User avatar
lawlaw87
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:31 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby lawlaw87 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:49 pm

dbrown89 wrote:Decision Rendered today........

Soooooooooooo nervous. Anyone else go decision rendered today? They send you all the information through snail mail right?


Same here! They usually send out the decisions the next business day!

wannagotolaw
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:57 am

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby wannagotolaw » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:51 pm

Did anyone else get the "congratulations on acceptance here is your usd portal info" before receiving their acceptance letter?

I found that to be a humorous way to be notified of an acceptance.

User avatar
h2oplyer7
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby h2oplyer7 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:54 pm

Withdrew today even though I am still pending. I love san diego...but not much.

User avatar
barbaraeliz
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby barbaraeliz » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:10 pm

My scholarship offer went from 18k a year to 31k, without asking today :shock:

Phightins
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:21 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby Phightins » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:11 pm

wannagotolaw wrote:Did anyone else get the "congratulations on acceptance here is your usd portal info" before receiving their acceptance letter?

I found that to be a humorous way to be notified of an acceptance.


I did. Took all the fun out of checking the mail!

kakaa001
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby kakaa001 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:24 pm

barbaraeliz wrote:My scholarship offer went from 18k a year to 31k, without asking today :shock:

Did you deposit? Lucky!!!

dbrown89
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby dbrown89 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:53 pm

barbaraeliz wrote:My scholarship offer went from 18k a year to 31k, without asking today :shock:



:shock: DON'T ASK ANY QUESTIONS.....CONGRATS!!!!!!!

dbrown89
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby dbrown89 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:54 pm

lawlaw87 wrote:
dbrown89 wrote:Decision Rendered today........

Soooooooooooo nervous. Anyone else go decision rendered today? They send you all the information through snail mail right?


Same here! They usually send out the decisions the next business day!


I really hope so..... :|

User avatar
ensign85
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:00 am

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby ensign85 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:19 pm

DR today. Let's hope for acceptances!

mkat27
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby mkat27 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:46 pm

For those who went to admitted student day, is it worth it for me to take a day off from work and go? I've already attended the alumni/admit student reception and taken a tour/info session. I want to go, but I'm not sure if it's worth missing pay and gas money.

User avatar
PizzaShrapnel
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby PizzaShrapnel » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:56 am

mkat27 wrote:For those who went to admitted student day, is it worth it for me to take a day off from work and go? I've already attended the alumni/admit student reception and taken a tour/info session. I want to go, but I'm not sure if it's worth missing pay and gas money.


+1

User avatar
barbaraeliz
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby barbaraeliz » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:35 pm

kakaa001 wrote:
barbaraeliz wrote:My scholarship offer went from 18k a year to 31k, without asking today :shock:

Did you deposit? Lucky!!!


No, I'm not sure if USD is where I want to go yet. Can I ask for an extension on this offer? It's hard to make a major life decision like this (I live in NY with some ties to SD)

ryangoestoschool
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:01 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby ryangoestoschool » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:27 pm

dr today, nervous as hell.

User avatar
PizzaShrapnel
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby PizzaShrapnel » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:43 pm

barbaraeliz wrote:My scholarship offer went from 18k a year to 31k, without asking today :shock:


Were you notified by mail?

User avatar
barbaraeliz
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby barbaraeliz » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:55 pm

PizzaShrapnel wrote:
barbaraeliz wrote:My scholarship offer went from 18k a year to 31k, without asking today :shock:


Were you notified by mail?


E-mail, actually.

ohcanada
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby ohcanada » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:03 pm

Has anyone tried to negotiate scholarships yet?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests