University of San Diego 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mkat27
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby mkat27 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:26 am

Anyone got a call today about the alumni and admitted students reception in L.A. next week? Anyone going? (I am!)

Phightins
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:21 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby Phightins » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:42 am

mkat27 wrote:Anyone got a call today about the alumni and admitted students reception in L.A. next week? Anyone going? (I am!)


Didn't get a call today but saw it on the admitted website. What are the details? Is it an evening reception?

mkat27
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby mkat27 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:14 am

Phightins wrote:
mkat27 wrote:Anyone got a call today about the alumni and admitted students reception in L.A. next week? Anyone going? (I am!)


Didn't get a call today but saw it on the admitted website. What are the details? Is it an evening reception?



Yeah I got a call from the coordinator asking me if I'd like to attend. It's on March 5 at 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at The California Club in L.A. The parking is free and drinks and hors d'oeuvers will be served. Business attire.

User avatar
fashiongirl
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:30 am

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby fashiongirl » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:58 am

On a Monday night!? And in LA?! Darnnnn... you would think it would be in San Diego, and on a weekend. Oh well.

Phightins
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:21 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby Phightins » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:15 pm

mkat27 wrote:
Phightins wrote:
mkat27 wrote:Anyone got a call today about the alumni and admitted students reception in L.A. next week? Anyone going? (I am!)


Didn't get a call today but saw it on the admitted website. What are the details? Is it an evening reception?



Yeah I got a call from the coordinator asking me if I'd like to attend. It's on March 5 at 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at The California Club in L.A. The parking is free and drinks and hors d'oeuvers will be served. Business attire.


Thanks! I got an e-mail this morning with all the info. California Club is no joke.

mkat27
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby mkat27 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:35 pm

Phightins wrote:
mkat27 wrote:
Phightins wrote:
mkat27 wrote:Anyone got a call today about the alumni and admitted students reception in L.A. next week? Anyone going? (I am!)


Didn't get a call today but saw it on the admitted website. What are the details? Is it an evening reception?



Yeah I got a call from the coordinator asking me if I'd like to attend. It's on March 5 at 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at The California Club in L.A. The parking is free and drinks and hors d'oeuvers will be served. Business attire.


Thanks! I got an e-mail this morning with all the info. California Club is no joke.


Really? I have never been there... But I'm missing my kickboxing class for it, so I hope it's worth it, haha ;D

lawismylife007
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:42 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby lawismylife007 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:26 pm

just went decision rendered. any clues for people who have been accepted as to things on the status checker to look for (i.e. mailings, seat deposits, etc.)????

User avatar
martorem
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:11 am

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby martorem » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:29 pm

lawismylife007 wrote:just went decision rendered. any clues for people who have been accepted as to things on the status checker to look for (i.e. mailings, seat deposits, etc.)????


Nope, just have to wait it out. If you haven't received it in the mail in a week though, if you're in you'll get the password and ID for the interweb thing.

Also, I STILL haven't heard back from them on my official acceptance letter or scholarship money...I called on Monday and left a message, and emailed on Tuesday, and nothing...what is going on????

They also emailed me last night my financial aid breakdown thing...which basically pre-approves me for federal loans...lovely, but I'm not going to USD for sticker.

lawismylife007
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:42 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby lawismylife007 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:31 pm

martorem wrote:
lawismylife007 wrote:just went decision rendered. any clues for people who have been accepted as to things on the status checker to look for (i.e. mailings, seat deposits, etc.)????


Nope, just have to wait it out. If you haven't received it in the mail in a week though, if you're in you'll get the password and ID for the interweb thing.

Also, I STILL haven't heard back from them on my official acceptance letter or scholarship money...I called on Monday and left a message, and emailed on Tuesday, and nothing...what is going on????

They also emailed me last night my financial aid breakdown thing...which basically pre-approves me for federal loans...lovely, but I'm not going to USD for sticker.



thanks for the responses to both forums. i'm just hoping for the best. staying in socal is big for me. good luck with getting more scholly money

akua1209
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:09 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby akua1209 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:43 pm

lawismylife007 wrote:just went decision rendered. any clues for people who have been accepted as to things on the status checker to look for (i.e. mailings, seat deposits, etc.)????


When did you apply...go complete...etc?

lawismylife007
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:42 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby lawismylife007 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:46 pm

akua1209 wrote:
lawismylife007 wrote:just went decision rendered. any clues for people who have been accepted as to things on the status checker to look for (i.e. mailings, seat deposits, etc.)????


When did you apply...go complete...etc?


Went complete 11/5 and pretty much been waiting these 4 long months.

User avatar
fashiongirl
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:30 am

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby fashiongirl » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:30 pm

I'm in complete shock... got a rejection letter. Was crushed when I saw the small envelope. I have no idea how I wasn't even waitlisted, I had numbers that were right for PT and had all of my statements proofread by tons of people on TLS. I read my LORs and they were really well written and thought out. I really wanted to go here, but maybe the PT program had better applicants. I guess I'm taking the June LSAT, good luck everyone and congrats to everyone else who made it in! So jellies!

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7970
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby Pleasye » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:42 pm

:(

I'm so sorry fashiongirl.

Phightins
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:21 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby Phightins » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:51 pm

fashiongirl wrote:I'm in complete shock... got a rejection letter. Was crushed when I saw the small envelope. I have no idea how I wasn't even waitlisted, I had numbers that were right for PT and had all of my statements proofread by tons of people on TLS. I read my LORs and they were really well written and thought out. I really wanted to go here, but maybe the PT program had better applicants. I guess I'm taking the June LSAT, good luck everyone and congrats to everyone else who made it in! So jellies!


That's a huge bummer. Sorry to hear that. Kill the June LSAT and get a huge scholarship next cycle if you go that route.

mkat27
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby mkat27 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:10 am

fashiongirl wrote:I'm in complete shock... got a rejection letter. Was crushed when I saw the small envelope. I have no idea how I wasn't even waitlisted, I had numbers that were right for PT and had all of my statements proofread by tons of people on TLS. I read my LORs and they were really well written and thought out. I really wanted to go here, but maybe the PT program had better applicants. I guess I'm taking the June LSAT, good luck everyone and congrats to everyone else who made it in! So jellies!


I'm so sorry about that, Fashiongirl. Was looking forward to meeting a nice classmate like you. It's their loss... Kick ass in June! I know you can do it!

User avatar
fashiongirl
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:30 am

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby fashiongirl » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:22 am

Thanks guys..really appreciate your kind words... back to the LSAT prep threads, and hopefully I can get in w/ some money at chapman or santa clara

lawismylife007
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:42 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby lawismylife007 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:55 pm

fashiongirl wrote:I'm in complete shock... got a rejection letter. Was crushed when I saw the small envelope. I have no idea how I wasn't even waitlisted, I had numbers that were right for PT and had all of my statements proofread by tons of people on TLS. I read my LORs and they were really well written and thought out. I really wanted to go here, but maybe the PT program had better applicants. I guess I'm taking the June LSAT, good luck everyone and congrats to everyone else who made it in! So jellies!


so sorry to hear that. i think i may be in the same boat because i just went decision rendered yesterday so i'm sadly guessing this is their rejection batch

reinert924
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:12 am

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby reinert924 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:29 pm

fashiongirl wrote:I'm in complete shock... got a rejection letter. Was crushed when I saw the small envelope. I have no idea how I wasn't even waitlisted, I had numbers that were right for PT and had all of my statements proofread by tons of people on TLS. I read my LORs and they were really well written and thought out. I really wanted to go here, but maybe the PT program had better applicants. I guess I'm taking the June LSAT, good luck everyone and congrats to everyone else who made it in! So jellies!



Uhh... wtf? What are they doing over there? Makes no sense. You are def a random red dot on lsn. Well, kill it on the June LSAT and go for free next year.

User avatar
legalsinger
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby legalsinger » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Have heard back from everyone but San Diego, USC, & Hastings. Would be SO nice to hear back soon!!!

*crosses fingers*

lawismylife007
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:42 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby lawismylife007 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:12 pm

Accepted today! 3.5/159

User avatar
h2oplyer7
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby h2oplyer7 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:38 am

Just checking out the page. I totally forgot I applied to usd. Still haven't heard anything. I applied in October. Yawn...

mkat27
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby mkat27 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:43 pm

I know I've said this before, but I will be at the California Club for the alumni and admitted students reception. Anyone else going?

Phightins
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:21 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby Phightins » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:29 pm

mkat27 wrote:I know I've said this before, but I will be at the California Club for the alumni and admitted students reception. Anyone else going?


I'll be there!

mkat27
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby mkat27 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:30 pm

Phightins wrote:
mkat27 wrote:I know I've said this before, but I will be at the California Club for the alumni and admitted students reception. Anyone else going?


I'll be there!


Awesome! :D

User avatar
PizzaShrapnel
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby PizzaShrapnel » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:23 pm

fashiongirl wrote:I'm in complete shock... got a rejection letter. Was crushed when I saw the small envelope. I have no idea how I wasn't even waitlisted, I had numbers that were right for PT and had all of my statements proofread by tons of people on TLS. I read my LORs and they were really well written and thought out. I really wanted to go here, but maybe the PT program had better applicants. I guess I'm taking the June LSAT, good luck everyone and congrats to everyone else who made it in! So jellies!


Cannot believe that, so sorry that happened... knew you wanted SD badly. Kill the lsat in june, you got it!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bruins4Lyfe, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], jg_, laowhynot109, lawschoolapp1987 and 15 guests