University of San Diego 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rahrah

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Postby rahrah » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Decision rendered 1/23! AHHH!! I'm nervous.

They made me send them an addendum for my LSAT retake. Anyone else get asked that?

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:02 pm

rahrah wrote:Decision rendered 1/23! AHHH!! I'm nervous.

They made me send them an addendum for my LSAT retake. Anyone else get asked that?

Yup, I went decision rendered like 4 days after the confirmation email that they got it (I posted the actual dates in here somewhere I think). Good luck!!

Phightins

Postby Phightins » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:08 pm

I got same request as well, but only sent it in on Friday. I took it as a positive sign.

fashiongirl

Postby fashiongirl » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:08 pm

When did you apply? It would be awesome if anyone who posts a decision rendered update could post the date they went complete or applied. Thanks!!!!

rahrah

Postby rahrah » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Received 1/3 Complete 1/10 Decision 1/23

buddyluv545

Postby buddyluv545 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:50 pm

fashiongirl wrote:
When did you apply? It would be awesome if anyone who posts a decision rendered update could post the date they went complete or applied. Thanks!!!!

Complete: 11/02, Decision Rendered: 1/20

WHY ISN'T MY LETTER HERE YET!?!?!?!?

llachans

Postby llachans » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:53 pm

Has anyone attempted to negotiate money with USD?

RoseMVP

Postby RoseMVP » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:18 pm

Accepted 1/11. Why haven't I heard about scholarships yet =(

3.3x,169

legalsinger

Postby legalsinger » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:14 am

Never got the e-mail with the status checker username/pswd and applied a couple months ago, so naturally, I'm getting a little antsy! Hopefully I'll hear back soon! Are most people hearing back via snail mail?

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:18 am

legalsinger wrote:Never got the e-mail with the status checker username/pswd and applied a couple months ago, so naturally, I'm getting a little antsy! Hopefully I'll hear back soon! Are most people hearing back via snail mail?

They only send decisions through snail mail. They seem pretty quick with their entire turnaround so I would say If you haven't received a status checker yet to send them an email about it.

legalsinger

Postby legalsinger » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:37 am

Pleasye wrote:
legalsinger wrote:Never got the e-mail with the status checker username/pswd and applied a couple months ago, so naturally, I'm getting a little antsy! Hopefully I'll hear back soon! Are most people hearing back via snail mail?

They only send decisions through snail mail. They seem pretty quick with their entire turnaround so I would say If you haven't received a status checker yet to send them an email about it.

Thanks for the advice! I e-mailed them a week or so ago, but they said they don't re-send that e-mail, and to contact someone in admissions if I have further questions. I guess I'll just try to hold out another month or so and then give them a call. Don't want to end up being a nuisance, but it certainly would be nice to have an idea of whether or not to plan a trip down there. Although it seems pretty expensive compared to a few other places I've applied, I can't imagine a better quality of life.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!!!

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:37 am

legalsinger wrote:Thanks for the advice! I e-mailed them a week or so ago, but they said they don't re-send that e-mail, and to contact someone in admissions if I have further questions. I guess I'll just try to hold out another month or so and then give them a call. Don't want to end up being a nuisance, but it certainly would be nice to have an idea of whether or not to plan a trip down there. Although it seems pretty expensive compared to a few other places I've applied, I can't imagine a better quality of life.

Wow that's lame that they won't resend it :(. Were they at least able to tell you if your file was complete?

legalsinger

Postby legalsinger » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:02 am

Pleasye wrote:
legalsinger wrote:Thanks for the advice! I e-mailed them a week or so ago, but they said they don't re-send that e-mail, and to contact someone in admissions if I have further questions. I guess I'll just try to hold out another month or so and then give them a call. Don't want to end up being a nuisance, but it certainly would be nice to have an idea of whether or not to plan a trip down there. Although it seems pretty expensive compared to a few other places I've applied, I can't imagine a better quality of life.

Wow that's lame that they won't resend it :(. Were they at least able to tell you if your file was complete?

Good thinking, I had wondered about that. Did they email you notifications about the status of your app throughout the process?
They didn't say, so I guess I'll email them to double-check. Ahh! Guess it's all part of the 'hurry up and wait' game!

buddyluv545

Postby buddyluv545 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:00 pm

legalsinger wrote:Good thinking, I had wondered about that. Did they email you notifications about the status of your app throughout the process?
They didn't say, so I guess I'll email them to double-check. Ahh! Guess it's all part of the 'hurry up and wait' game!

They sent me an e-mail for my username and password that also said my application was received and then an email saying my file was complete.

fashiongirl

Postby fashiongirl » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:10 pm

buddyluv545 wrote:
legalsinger wrote:Good thinking, I had wondered about that. Did they email you notifications about the status of your app throughout the process?

They sent me an e-mail for my username and password that also said my application was received and then an email saying my file was complete.

Same here. legalsinger - maybe check to see if you put in your correct email address in the application?

rahrah

Postby rahrah » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:52 pm

I had this issue with one of my applications. Make sure there was no problems with your report being sent by checking your LSAC account under "Report Status". Mine had some error and I had to email LSAC to send it again to the school.

If that checks out fine see if the school will atleast reset the password for you? Your username should be the same as your other log-ins.

I got an email with my info and another saying I was complete.

Phightins

Postby Phightins » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:28 pm

Did anyone go into review on the status checker prior to Decision Rendered? Or did it go from Complete to DR? Thanks!

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:31 pm

Phightins wrote:Did anyone go into review on the status checker prior to Decision Rendered? Or did it go from Complete to DR? Thanks!

Complete to DR. No in review for me

PizzaShrapnel

Postby PizzaShrapnel » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:44 pm

Quick question... So I applied back in September, been complete since early October or something. Getting kinda worried, thought my numbers would've been good enough... Think it would be inappropriate to send a LOCI pre-decision? I want usd/socal badly, don't really want to move away haha ye or nay? Thoughts?

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:10 am

PizzaShrapnel wrote:Quick question... So I applied back in September, been complete since early October or something. Getting kinda worried, thought my numbers would've been good enough... Think it would be inappropriate to send a LOCI pre-decision? I want usd/socal badly, don't really want to move away haha ye or nay? Thoughts?

I think you should be fine if those are accurate numbers in your profile. I would at least give it a little longer before sending one. Just my opinion :)

PizzaShrapnel

Postby PizzaShrapnel » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:17 am

Pleasye wrote:
PizzaShrapnel wrote:Quick question... So I applied back in September, been complete since early October or something. Getting kinda worried, thought my numbers would've been good enough... Think it would be inappropriate to send a LOCI pre-decision? I want usd/socal badly, don't really want to move away haha ye or nay? Thoughts?

I think you should be fine if those are accurate numbers in your profile. I would at least give it a little longer before sending one. Just my opinion :)

That they are... Thanks for the response, easing a nervous mind. Looks like I'll be holding off on sending it. Probably a better idea, don't want to pester them.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:34 am

PizzaShrapnel wrote:That they are... Thanks for the response, easing a nervous mind. Looks like I'll be holding off on sending it. Probably a better idea, don't want to pester them.

I definitely don't think sending it would be harmful, but def think you could give it a little longer. I always try to keep in mind that TLS is full of crazy people and makes me extra anxious. It's still early, I swear!

PizzaShrapnel

Postby PizzaShrapnel » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:54 am

Pleasye wrote:
PizzaShrapnel wrote:That they are... Thanks for the response, easing a nervous mind. Looks like I'll be holding off on sending it. Probably a better idea, don't want to pester them.

I definitely don't think sending it would be harmful, but def think you could give it a little longer. I always try to keep in mind that TLS is full of crazy people and makes me extra anxious. It's still early, I swear!

Haha Seriously.

mertle

Postby mertle » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:50 pm

has anyone been rejected yet? my status changed to decision rendered today and lsn only shows one rejection so far. i'm hoping for good news! i went to visit the campus last week and it is beautiful. my only concern is that sd is far from the bay area where i plan to work. my scores probably won't get me in to hastings, stanford or berkeley. is it worth going down to sd because the school ranking is higher than the other bay area schools to which i've been accepted?

feel free to pm me..i'm not sure if my question really belongs in this thread

darkatillam2

Postby darkatillam2 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:36 pm

mertle wrote:has anyone been rejected yet? my status changed to decision rendered today and lsn only shows one rejection so far. i'm hoping for good news! i went to visit the campus last week and it is beautiful. my only concern is that sd is far from the bay area where i plan to work. my scores probably won't get me in to hastings, stanford or berkeley. is it worth going down to sd because the school ranking is higher than the other bay area schools to which i've been accepted?

feel free to pm me..i'm not sure if my question really belongs in this thread

If you are dead set on working in the bay area I would probably choose Santa Clara or USF over USD. Anything outside the T14 are generally considered regional law schools. The vast majority of USD grads work in SoCal, and the vast majority of SC and USF grads work in the bay area. That isn't to say you'd be locked out of working in the bay area as a USD grad, but the numbers suggest you'd have a better shot landing a job in SF if you came from a bay area school.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”