University of San Diego 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Pleasye

Platinum

Re: University of San Diego 2015

Post by Pleasye » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:34 pm

barbaraeliz wrote:Just got my letter. 19k a year. Loyola Marymount offered me 23k. Leverage if I decide to end up out there?
You can try to negotiate with Loyola but I don't know if they will up your scholly (they don't seem to negotiate much). Does your SD scholly have a stipulation?

tolson1

Bronze

Post by tolson1 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:03 pm

Decision rendered today.... No fees listed, no email. Waitlisted/Rejected/Accepted - Any idea?

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:01 pm

tolson1 wrote:Decision rendered today.... No fees listed, no email. Waitlisted/Rejected/Accepted - Any idea?
I would think it would either be an acceptance or rejection because I thought they only WLed people by checker/email last year.

Let us know! Good luck!

wannagotolaw

New

Post by wannagotolaw » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:02 pm

Decision rendered.... uh oh.

darkatillam2

Bronze

Post by darkatillam2 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:58 pm

ahhhhh so many decisions rendered this week (including myself)!!!! I'm starting to worry this might not be a good thing...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lharriman9

New

Post by lharriman9 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Did you guys go from "complete" to "decision rendered", or was there a step in between? I have been at "complete" since the end of November...

PizzaShrapnel

Bronze

Post by PizzaShrapnel » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:06 pm

lharriman9 wrote:Did you guys go from "complete" to "decision rendered", or was there a step in between? I have been at "complete" since the end of November...
All have been from complete straight to dr.

edit: I applied in september and didn't hear back till feb. 29th. It was brutal haha

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:16 pm

lharriman9 wrote:Did you guys go from "complete" to "decision rendered", or was there a step in between? I have been at "complete" since the end of November...
You stay at complete until they make a decision either way. They tend to send accepts/rejects via mail and they will WL at the end of the month/early April if they go by past procedure.

I'm still waiting on a decision too.

mkat27

New

Post by mkat27 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:38 pm

Good luck everyone who went DR this week!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

h2oplyer7

Bronze

Post by h2oplyer7 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:43 pm

Still waiting...SINCE OCTOBER! What the hell! How have I already heard everyone else?

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:52 pm

h2oplyer7 wrote:Still waiting...SINCE OCTOBER! What the hell! How have I already heard everyone else?
If you're part of the WL group, last year they had October applicants wait until April or later to find out results. It's just how SD operates.

h2oplyer7

Bronze

Post by h2oplyer7 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:56 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
h2oplyer7 wrote:Still waiting...SINCE OCTOBER! What the hell! How have I already heard everyone else?
If you're part of the WL group, last year they had October applicants wait until April or later to find out results. It's just how SD operates.
I have not heard a thing from San Diego, no word on waitlist. Honestly, I am over it. It just angers me.

PizzaShrapnel

Bronze

Post by PizzaShrapnel » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:44 am

Went to the USD admitted students/alumni reception in Irvine last night. Gotta say, liked what I heard from the alumni and dean.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

darkatillam2

Bronze

Post by darkatillam2 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:53 pm

IN TODAY via snail mail!!!!!!! Woot!! Very excited!

I'm kind of wondering now if my deadline for scholarships change? Based on what people are saying, packets don't come until weeks later. That would put me after the April 1st deadline. Anyone have an idea on what to do?

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:57 pm

darkatillam2 wrote:IN TODAY via snail mail!!!!!!! Woot!! Very excited!

I'm kind of wondering now if my deadline for scholarships change? Based on what people are saying, packets don't come until weeks later. That would put me after the April 1st deadline. Anyone have an idea on what to do?
It depends how confident you feel that you would get a scholarship. No one is guaranteed one. As it got later in the cycle (and even at the beginning), not everyone was offered one. I would think you still had the same date as everyone else in order to make your decision.

You could call them to find out. I think some folks did this around Christmas last cycle.

splitsplat

Silver

Post by splitsplat » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:06 pm

darkatillam2 wrote:IN TODAY via snail mail!!!!!!! Woot!! Very excited!

Hmm.. I went DR on Monday too.. WHY ISN'T IT 5 YET, I WANT TO LEAVE WORKKKKKKKKKK SO I CAN CHECK MY MAIL

graciasmrminor

New

Post by graciasmrminor » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:39 pm

I talked with Jorge Garcia (the director of admissions and financial aid) on Thursday, and he said he had already given out all of the allotted funds for scholarships. After the first and second deposits he said they'll have a better grasp on how much money they have left, and could be open for negotiations if they still have available scholarship money after the first round of deposits. Just thought I'd give you guys the heads up, congratulations on being accepted!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

darkatillam2

Bronze

Post by darkatillam2 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:42 am

graciasmrminor wrote:I talked with Jorge Garcia (the director of admissions and financial aid) on Thursday, and he said he had already given out all of the allotted funds for scholarships. After the first and second deposits he said they'll have a better grasp on how much money they have left, and could be open for negotiations if they still have available scholarship money after the first round of deposits. Just thought I'd give you guys the heads up, congratulations on being accepted!

This makes me cry.

I also found out that on the FAFSAs USD's school of law has a different code than the normal USD campus. FML, I had to add it this morning even tho I filed FAFSA over a month ago...

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Deleted.

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:24 pm

Who all has applied to the PT program? I think MKat did, but anyone else?

tolson1

Bronze

Post by tolson1 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:30 pm

Admitted earlier today! God I want to go, I just hope I am given scholarship funds...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

vkgarrett

Bronze

Post by vkgarrett » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:39 pm

tolson1 wrote:Admitted earlier today! God I want to go, I just hope I am given scholarship funds...
Not sure if you saw this up above from another poster ---

"I talked with Jorge Garcia (the director of admissions and financial aid) on Thursday, and he said he had already given out all of the allotted funds for scholarships. After the first and second deposits he said they'll have a better grasp on how much money they have left, and could be open for negotiations if they still have available scholarship money after the first round of deposits. Just thought I'd give you guys the heads up, congratulations on being accepted!"

tolson1

Bronze

Post by tolson1 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:45 pm

vkgarrett wrote:
tolson1 wrote:Admitted earlier today! God I want to go, I just hope I am given scholarship funds...

"I talked with Jorge Garcia (the director of admissions and financial aid) on Thursday, and he said he had already given out all of the allotted funds for scholarships. After the first and second deposits he said they'll have a better grasp on how much money they have left, and could be open for negotiations if they still have available scholarship money after the first round of deposits. Just thought I'd give you guys the heads up, congratulations on being accepted!"

I did see it, but I am nonetheless hoping. :)

vkgarrett

Bronze

Post by vkgarrett » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:48 pm

tolson1 wrote:
vkgarrett wrote:

I did see it, but I am nonetheless hoping. :)
:) I will hope for you too. Sorry didn't mean to rain on your parade!

wannagotolaw

New

Post by wannagotolaw » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:30 pm

IN! Got an email today.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”