U of Miami 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rglifberg
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby rglifberg » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:16 pm

Dream Machine wrote:
Dear University of Miami School of Law Board of Trustess,

I would like to withdraw my application have my merit-based aid reallocated to TLS-poster cass1230.

On a more serious note, I'll probably we withdrawing soon (not because of the class action suit or whatever, for other reasons). Hopefully someone gets the money/it helps someone out.


I'm on the waitlist and that would help me out LOL! So, yeah, if you're planning on withdrawing please do!

oleosmirf
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:12 am

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby oleosmirf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:19 pm

so I was recently accepted and am pretty excited about Miami, however it seems like they do not offer on campus housing to law students. Is that accurate?

paradox
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:04 pm

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby paradox » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:37 pm

oleosmirf

UMiami does not offer on campus housing.

I attended Accepted Student Day and was impressed by the information which the Admissions Office offers to assist students. There is adequate housing near or around campus. You should assume you will pay $750 to $1200 per month for an apartment.

After the 1st deposit is made the Admissions Office puts together a roommate match list for entering students to shop for someone to live and share expenses with. You should call UMiami Admissions officers Michael Goodnight or Therese Lambert for additional information. Both are very approachable. Good luck.

oleosmirf
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:12 am

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby oleosmirf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:50 pm

paradox wrote:oleosmirf

UMiami does not offer on campus housing.

I attended Accepted Student Day and was impressed by the information which the Admissions Office offers to assist students. There is adequate housing near or around campus. You should assume you will pay mad skrilla to mad skrilla per month for an apartment.

After the 1st deposit is made the Admissions Office puts together a roommate match list for entering students to shop for someone to live and share expenses with. You should call UMiami Admissions officers Michael Goodnight or Therese Lambert for additional information. Both are very approachable. Good luck.


thank you for the prompt and thorough reply. I will be flying down there in the next 2-3 weeks although I'm likely paying sticker so that's gonna be more money than I planned...

paradox
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:04 pm

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby paradox » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:09 pm

I advise you to call ahead and make an appointment to meet with either Mr. Goodnight or Ms. Lambert.

UMiami's presentation regarding academics at Accepted Student Day was impressive. UM's campus is also impressive in terms of location and neighborhood.

Good luck.

KayKay8709
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:54 pm

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby KayKay8709 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:00 am

Gave up my Miami Scholars $. Hope it helps someone else.

ghenkis khan
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:11 am

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby ghenkis khan » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:34 am

Withdrew, freeing up $27,000 scholly. Hopefully it goes towards one of you!

monkeysez
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:07 pm

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby monkeysez » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:53 pm

I will be withdrawing. Good luck to all.

PolySuyGuy
Posts: 441
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby PolySuyGuy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:28 am

ghenkis khan wrote:Withdrew, freeing up $27,000 scholly. Hopefully it goes towards one of you!


My understanding from ASD is that it will not.

Tyeger87
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby Tyeger87 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:50 am

PolySuyGuy wrote:
ghenkis khan wrote:Withdrew, freeing up $27,000 scholly. Hopefully it goes towards one of you!


My understanding from ASD is that it will not.



it does get reallocated to incoming students. It is the money that is lost by 1st year students who don't maintain the required GPA that is not recycled to incoming first years - it is divided amongst second and third year scholarships.

rglifberg
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby rglifberg » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:14 am

keep withdrawing please!

Dream Machine
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby Dream Machine » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:04 pm

rglifberg wrote:
Dream Machine wrote:
Dear University of Miami School of Law Board of Trustess,

I would like to withdraw my application have my merit-based aid reallocated to TLS-poster cass1230.

On a more serious note, I'll probably we withdrawing soon (not because of the class action suit or whatever, for other reasons). Hopefully someone gets the money/it helps someone out.


I'm on the waitlist and that would help me out LOL! So, yeah, if you're planning on withdrawing please do!


Nevermind, can't quite bring myself to withdraw given the circumstances. I was so close. GAHH! This is so frustrating. Each day I wake up and decide I want to attend a different school. Does this happen to anyone else?

rglifberg
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby rglifberg » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:43 pm

C'mon man make a decision lol.. what other schools are you looking at?

PolySuyGuy
Posts: 441
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby PolySuyGuy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:28 pm

Dream Machine wrote: This is so frustrating. Each day I wake up and decide I want to attend a different school. Does this happen to anyone else?



Yes, it does. Imagine having a significant other and adding that into the equation. I know 1L's and 2L's that do that still. They are always contemplating transfering.


Image

lawyerinwaiting
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:48 pm

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby lawyerinwaiting » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:28 pm

soooooooo....i randomly decided to apply to the U yesterday. Not expecting anything fancy but we'll see what happens.

bajafresk
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:38 am

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby bajafresk » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:39 pm

what's the deal with the roomate referral or matching service? do we just go on the 2015 facebook page? im gonna wait till next week to send in my first seat deposit, i heard once you send it in you get access to the roomate page

wobwob
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:49 am

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby wobwob » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:06 pm

I think you just fill out the form on the accepted students page. After the deposits are submitted, they should send out all the information to those who are looking for roommates.

elusiventity
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:45 pm

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby elusiventity » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:19 pm

Has anyone received a scholarship offer within the last few weeks? I'm curious.

User avatar
Prospect
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby Prospect » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:00 pm

Just put down my seat deposit. Anyone else on here already committed?

wobwob
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:49 am

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby wobwob » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:16 pm

Paid my deposit last friday.

elusiventity
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:45 pm

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby elusiventity » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:46 pm

I will be paying my deposit within the next week.

beachy
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:59 pm

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby beachy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:57 am

I declined the Miami Scholars scholarship...hopefully someone else interested in public interest will get it. Withdrawing and going to FSU as of yesterday.

PolySuyGuy
Posts: 441
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby PolySuyGuy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:13 am

beachy wrote:I declined the Miami Scholars scholarship...hopefully someone else interested in public interest will get it. Withdrawing and going to FSU as of yesterday.



Why FSU over Miami?

Tyeger87
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby Tyeger87 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:55 am

withdrawn - hope one of you gets the Mentschikoff

beachy
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:59 pm

Re: U of Miami 2015

Postby beachy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:13 am

PolySuyGuy wrote:
beachy wrote:I declined the Miami Scholars scholarship...hopefully someone else interested in public interest will get it. Withdrawing and going to FSU as of yesterday.



Why FSU over Miami?


Cheaper tuition overall because I plan on doing a dual-degree. I love Miami and the programs they offer, but Id be paying sticker for the Masters even though my JD would come out to about 13k a year. Also, COL in Miami is exorbitant compared to Tally.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”