CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SpottyCoverage

New

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Post by SpottyCoverage » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:28 pm

PizzaShrapnel wrote:
TosaJD wrote:
zapcaz wrote:Just got a very nice email from one of the professors on the admissions committee discussing how my interests are fulfilled by CU. Neat! Hoping that $ info will be coming out soon!!
I got a similar email as well! Did every admitted student receive an email like this?
+1

Leaning towards yes. Still nice though.

yihdih

New

Post by yihdih » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Lord Randolph McDuff wrote:
yihdih wrote:I have looked at LSN but it is not totally clear what kind of money I could be looking at... Does anyone have an idea after looking at my numbers?
You could get a lot to a very little. CU uses a full file review. There was a guy on the thread last year who was irate over the fact.

He was a AA/Male with a 3.6 and a 170 LSAT. He was accepted, but no money. He was in at over half of the T-14 but wanted to go to CU so he could "ski." I guess his dad had a job ready for him back east.. He was completely entitled, and couldn't understand why CU would run their admissions office different than the rest of the country.

My point is, you just have no idea when it comes to CU. If they really like your recs, PS, resume, etc., I bet you will get one of their more generous offers. Last year that was 28k/12k/12k??? Anyway, I had a below 25th GPA and a lower LSAT than you and I still got money. Really can't tell. One of my friends here had a 163/4.0 and got a full-ride.
Ahhh that sucks. I just don't think I can justify CU without a decent amount of aid.

RaiderBlue17

Bronze

Post by RaiderBlue17 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:49 pm

My decision was rendered on Feb 17. I have not gotten the nice email so I'm leaning this towards a.big ole NO. Anybody open to answer this.question: was your acceptance denial or WL mailed to you?

zapcaz

Bronze

Post by zapcaz » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:52 pm

RaiderBlue17 wrote:My decision was rendered on Feb 17. I have not gotten the nice email so I'm leaning this towards a.big ole NO. Anybody open to answer this.question: was your acceptance denial or WL mailed to you?
I believe everything is mailed; I know for sure acceptances are mailed. The email from the AdCom member didn't come until a month later for me.

Hoping you receive good news in the mail soon!!

navigator

New

Post by navigator » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:54 pm

RaiderBlue17 wrote:My decision was rendered on Feb 17. I have not gotten the nice email so I'm leaning this towards a.big ole NO. Anybody open to answer this.question: was your acceptance denial or WL mailed to you?
I received a letter offering admissions in the mail. No email.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

yihdih

New

Post by yihdih » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:54 pm

I got my acceptance via snail mail. I also didn't get that email and I was admitted in early January. I did get an email about a week ago telling me about the open houses and scholarship decisions coming. It didn't sound like the other ones people were talking about.

rma

Bronze

Post by rma » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:45 pm

I have the same thing on my status checker. I'm well below both medians, and so even though I am in-state, I am expecting a DING. Hope I'm wrong. I haven't checked my mail yet, and I'm not at home now, so the waiting will continue until tonight!

I'll let you know how it goes for me.

Best of luck to you, and wish me luck!

RaiderBlue17

Bronze

Post by RaiderBlue17 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:56 pm

rma wrote:
I have the same thing on my status checker. I'm well below both medians, and so even though I am in-state, I am expecting a DING. Hope I'm wrong. I haven't checked my mail yet, and I'm not at home now, so the waiting will continue until tonight!

BEST OF LUCK for you and me tomorrow as no news came for me today. I appreciate everybody who has been quick to.respond

Stevoman

Bronze

Post by Stevoman » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:36 pm

Just got an acceptance from the WL! 161/3.72

I take it they haven't sent out info on $$$ yet? Letter said late January, but the last few pages here indicate no one has gotten info yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hadisious

Bronze

Post by hadisious » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Last edited by hadisious on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

minkopolis

New

Post by minkopolis » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:00 pm

yihdih wrote:
I got my acceptance via snail mail. I also didn't get that email and I was admitted in early January. I did get an email about a week ago telling me about the open houses and scholarship decisions coming. It didn't sound like the other ones people were talking about.
+1

rma

Bronze

Post by rma » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:25 pm

RaiderBlue17 wrote:
rma wrote:

BEST OF LUCK for you and me tomorrow as no news came for me today. I appreciate everybody who has been quick to.respond
Just got home, checked my mail and have a letter from CU. It was a WL. Numbers in profile.

Anyone who got in after the WL have any advice? Should I send a LOCI immediately? CU is my top choice, but I really have nothing to add to my profile since I've been out of school for almost a year.

coldshoulder

Silver

Post by coldshoulder » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:38 pm

rma wrote:
RaiderBlue17 wrote:
rma wrote:

Just got home, checked my mail and have a letter from CU. It was a WL. Numbers in profile.

Anyone who got in after the WL have any advice? Should I send a LOCI immediately? CU is my top choice, but I really have nothing to add to my profile since I've been out of school for almost a year.
With your GPA you just really need to get a higher LSAT score. Sorry man.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rma

Bronze

Post by rma » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:28 pm

coldshoulder wrote:With your GPA you just really need to get a higher LSAT score. Sorry man.
Thanks for the advice... :roll:

I didn't ask for anyone's opinion as to my odds of getting in, but rather the best approach as to how to proceed from here.

I never expected to get in, and even now my chances probably aren't great, but I refuse to believe that I have no chance. Strange things have happened to a lot of applicants this cycle. If I had no chance, I don't see why CU didn't just ding me.

Any advice from anyone WLed or anyone who has gotten off the WL as to when to send a LOCI, what to put in it, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

ashley12

Bronze

Post by ashley12 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:36 pm

rma wrote:
coldshoulder wrote:With your GPA you just really need to get a higher LSAT score. Sorry man.

I didn't ask for anyone's opinion as to my odds of getting in, but rather the best approach as to how to proceed from here.

I never expected to get in, and even now my chances probably aren't great, but I refuse to believe that I have no chance. Strange things have happened to a lot of applicants this cycle. If I had no chance, I don't see why CU didn't just ding me.

Any advice from anyone WLed or anyone who has gotten off the WL as to when to send a LOCI, what to put in it, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
I can understand how you're feeling, but honestly what coldshoulder had to say IS the best way to proceed from where you are now if you're serious about CU and only about CU. Individuals with much higher numbers are on the WL right now, likely ahead of you. If you registered for the June test, you could try to be one of the last people off the WL for this year or, at worst, use your score for next year.

rma

Bronze

Post by rma » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:41 pm

ashley12 wrote:
rma wrote:

I can understand how you're feeling, but honestly what coldshoulder had to say IS the best way to proceed from where you are now if you're serious about CU and only about CU. Individuals with much higher numbers are on the WL right now, likely ahead of you. If you registered for the June test, you could try to be one of the last people off the WL for this year or, at worst, use your score for next year.
Nah, if I don't get off the WL, I'll attend one of the other schools I've gotten into. The letter also said the WL isn't ranked.

Thanks for the advice, though.

wallflower1987

New

Post by wallflower1987 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:42 pm

I know there are separate threads, but since CU people are here... what impression do you get of my chances with a 2.81 and a 167? I think my personal statement is good, although it's too early to know since my two acceptances so far are likely auto-admits. And I know both of my LORs are glowingly positive. And I have a 3.8 in my Master's degree, which I will finish in May. Obviously the softs they want are hard to predict, but assuming that it comes down to numbers, if this is one of my top choices, should I write an unsolicited Why CU letter? Or should I be ok? Or do I have no chance? Obviously nobody can know that, but what do you think?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ashley12

Bronze

Post by ashley12 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:43 pm

Good luck!

ryemanhattan

Bronze

Post by ryemanhattan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:50 am

Anyone else complete since November with no decision?

yihdih

New

Post by yihdih » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:48 pm

wallflower1987 wrote:I know there are separate threads, but since CU people are here... what impression do you get of my chances with a 2.81 and a 167? I think my personal statement is good, although it's too early to know since my two acceptances so far are likely auto-admits. And I know both of my LORs are glowingly positive. And I have a 3.8 in my Master's degree, which I will finish in May. Obviously the softs they want are hard to predict, but assuming that it comes down to numbers, if this is one of my top choices, should I write an unsolicited Why CU letter? Or should I be ok? Or do I have no chance? Obviously nobody can know that, but what do you think?

I think you'll be just fine with getting accepted. A Why CU letter couldn't hurt but i would guess you'll get in with out it.

sgrimes

New

Post by sgrimes » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:52 pm

ryemanhattan wrote:Anyone else complete since November with no decision?
Yes, I've been complete since early October with no decision since my ED to RD.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

noleknight16

Silver

Post by noleknight16 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:14 pm

I'm sitting at application complete. Everything is checked off except "not registered for a future LSAT". I'm assuming once my Feb score comes in I'll be complete and ready?

zx92027xz

New

Post by zx92027xz » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:22 am

I went complete yesterday. Fingers crossed. What has the turnaround from complete to decision rendered been on late(ish) applications been?

RaiderBlue17

Bronze

Post by RaiderBlue17 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:42 pm

Waitlisted... kinda sad, but I honestly expected a rejection... oh well Still waiting on DU and having to consider moving from TN to Colorado AGAIN....

MEH face :?

Lord Randolph McDuff

Gold

Post by Lord Randolph McDuff » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:22 pm

RaiderBlue17 wrote:Waitlisted... kinda sad, but I honestly expected a rejection... oh well Still waiting on DU and having to consider moving from TN to Colorado AGAIN....

MEH face :?
Moving from TN to CO, again? I'm enticed, what is going on there? Both beautiful states...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”