CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12706
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby LeDique » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:41 pm

oldhippie wrote:
holden147 wrote:What is the best way to get from Denver Airport to CU? I won't have my car when/if I visit, so I just wanna know how to get there lol. I'll only have one carry-on bag, so luggage is not an issue when figuring out the mode of transportation.


bus service is awesome. from baggage claim, take the RTD bus (regional bus) called AB, that's the route from the airport to boulder. which stop to get off depends on where you're going...costs $11 or $13, can't remember...


Yup - I don't remember the price exactly, but you could get off the bus 100 yards from the law school if you wanted to. I haven't driven to the airport since I moved here, I ride the bus every time.

User avatar
sgrimes
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby sgrimes » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:56 pm

ok I have a question..... I still have not seen any changes on my status page. Is it worth sending something similar to a LOCI or would that be a bad move? CU is the only school I wish to attend, and I want to get in so badly. I applied ED and was pushed into RD. My numbers are definitely lower than the averages and I was originally scared that I would be an auto reject because of them, so I'm taking it as a good thing that they haven't rejected me as of yet. I'm hoping there is something in my app that is keeping me in the 'maybe' pile. I feel that my PS was very passionate and strong re: Enviro Law/Policy and I had excellent letters of rec from 4 profs.

Any thoughts on sending in a statement of interest even thought I'm not WL? I don't want to annoy them. :?

Lord Randolph McDuff
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:44 pm

sgrimes wrote:ok I have a question..... I still have not seen any changes on my status page. Is it worth sending something similar to a LOCI or would that be a bad move? CU is the only school I wish to attend, and I want to get in so badly. I applied ED and was pushed into RD. My numbers are definitely lower than the averages and I was originally scared that I would be an auto reject because of them, so I'm taking it as a good thing that they haven't rejected me as of yet. I'm hoping there is something in my app that is keeping me in the 'maybe' pile. I feel that my PS was very passionate and strong re: Enviro Law/Policy and I had excellent letters of rec from 4 profs.

Any thoughts on sending in a statement of interest even thought I'm not WL? I don't want to annoy them. :?


Can you take a campus visit and pop your head in at the admissions office?

User avatar
coldshoulder
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby coldshoulder » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:50 pm

Any idea when we'll get scholly info? I'm hoping it comes before my two weeks is up on my Teach for America decision...

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby ashley12 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:11 pm

coldshoulder wrote:Any idea when we'll get scholly info? I'm hoping it comes before my two weeks is up on my Teach for America decision...


Yikes that's quite the time crunch. I called and asked if they had any idea on scholarship info. They said they are processing the scholarship awards by acceptance dates and trying to have a quick turnaround. The nice guy I talked to said that generally OOS students will not see much larger awards than IS since they can get the IS rate their 2L year.

I am making the visit out to CO in two weeks and since I already got 26k at Denver and am more interested in working in PI, I won't even bother to visit Boulder if I don't receive any $$ because sadly I just can't afford that tuition + COL. It will just make me sad to go!

eta: And congrats on TfA!
Last edited by ashley12 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sgrimes
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby sgrimes » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:50 pm

McDuff do you mean just to introduce myself or to get a meeting with admissions?

User avatar
Linus19
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:50 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby Linus19 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:22 am

coldshoulder wrote:Any idea when we'll get scholly info? I'm hoping it comes before my two weeks is up on my Teach for America decision...


I visited recently and the admissions officer said it would be about a month. She said it rather flippantly so I would take it as a ballpark estimate.

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12706
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby LeDique » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:24 am

Linus19 wrote:
coldshoulder wrote:Any idea when we'll get scholly info? I'm hoping it comes before my two weeks is up on my Teach for America decision...


I visited recently and the admissions officer said it would be about a month. She said it rather flippantly so I would take it as a ballpark estimate.


I really don't remember anyone getting scholarship info before mid-February last year. Most offers were not until early March.

User avatar
holden147
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:30 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby holden147 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:23 am

LeDique wrote:
oldhippie wrote:
holden147 wrote:What is the best way to get from Denver Airport to CU? I won't have my car when/if I visit, so I just wanna know how to get there lol. I'll only have one carry-on bag, so luggage is not an issue when figuring out the mode of transportation.


bus service is awesome. from baggage claim, take the RTD bus (regional bus) called AB, that's the route from the airport to boulder. which stop to get off depends on where you're going...costs $11 or $13, can't remember...


Yup - I don't remember the price exactly, but you could get off the bus 100 yards from the law school if you wanted to. I haven't driven to the airport since I moved here, I ride the bus every time.


Awesome. Thanks for the help, really excited about CU, it's one of my top 3 choices at the moment (financial matters not withstanding lol)

jdm0009
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:13 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby jdm0009 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:45 pm

In on 1/13 with a 162 and 3.78. I'm in the same boat with TFA. The admissions office said they usually accept deferrals with TFA if you know for sure you want to go to Boulder. Good Luck All!

wannabeprincess
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:57 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby wannabeprincess » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:38 pm

Status updated today to show decision letter mailed 1/20 with seat deposit dates and amounts due! Called and requested that my decision be emailed since they have my parents address and I won't be there for several weeks. Emailed me a PDF of my acceptance literally 10 minutes later! Clarice in the office was very nice, asking me about the non-profit I founded and currently run...nice touch to remember that! Definitely a top choice of mine depending on $$$. I love Boulder/Denver area and would love to practice in that area!!!

gfj90
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby gfj90 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:20 pm

In via snail mail! Decision rendered on 1/20. No complaints about the USPS on this one.

User avatar
sgrimes
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby sgrimes » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:43 am

Both deposit lines disappeared from my Fees section......only the Application Fee remains. did this happen to anyone else? Nothing else changed.....my status is still complete with a status date from November. no decision rendered or mailing update. I'm so worried that this might be a bad sign..... :(

milljp02
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby milljp02 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:03 am

sgrimes wrote:Both deposit lines disappeared from my Fees section......only the Application Fee remains. did this happen to anyone else? Nothing else changed.....my status is still complete with a status date from November. no decision rendered or mailing update. I'm so worried that this might be a bad sign..... :(


Same here. Probably not a bad sign. Dean Shively from Wake Forest said (paraphrasing) the numbers down there will show up or disappear and it has more to do with general administrative updates and not the admissions process.

User avatar
surfer
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:32 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby surfer » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:29 am

Did anyone here apply in January after the release of the Dec LSAT? If so what is your status? It's been 16 days since I submitted my application, and every other school I applied to at the same time now has my app marked as "complete." It's so tempting to call, but I don't want to annoy them because of these steps that they have on their site (I also imagine they had a huge influx of apps around 1/6).

"STEP 1: A current status of incomplete will appear on your online status page while our admissions office waits to receive a paper copy of your application and CAS report from LSAC. This can take up to 10 business days from the date of electronic submission to LSAC."

For me this step took only 1 business day.

"STEP 2A: A current status of complete will appear on your online status page once our office has reviewed the materials received from LSAC and verified that ALL required application materials have been received. This can take up to 21 business days after receipt of the mailed materials."

I guess I am at this stage, and it obviously has not been 21 business days (I hate weekends now). If there are others who submitted in Jan, are you still incomplete or have you gone "complete?" The checker says that all they have received is my LORs.

Is it just me or is the explanation of their timeline very unsatisfying?

Congrats to those who have been accepted. I really hope to join you.

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby ashley12 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:11 am

surfer wrote:Did anyone here apply in January after the release of the Dec LSAT? If so what is your status? It's been 16 days since I submitted my application, and every other school I applied to at the same time now has my app marked as "complete." It's so tempting to call, but I don't want to annoy them because of these steps that they have on their site (I also imagine they had a huge influx of apps around 1/6).

"STEP 1: A current status of incomplete will appear on your online status page while our admissions office waits to receive a paper copy of your application and CAS report from LSAC. This can take up to 10 business days from the date of electronic submission to LSAC."

For me this step took only 1 business day.

"STEP 2A: A current status of complete will appear on your online status page once our office has reviewed the materials received from LSAC and verified that ALL required application materials have been received. This can take up to 21 business days after receipt of the mailed materials."

I guess I am at this stage, and it obviously has not been 21 business days (I hate weekends now). If there are others who submitted in Jan, are you still incomplete or have you gone "complete?" The checker says that all they have received is my LORs.

Is it just me or is the explanation of their timeline very unsatisfying?

Congrats to those who have been accepted. I really hope to join you.


I feel like my app took about sixty seven million years to go to "complete" and then a few hundred more before it was UR. Exaggeration morning... sorry. But if you are concerned, I would phone them. They have been nothing but pleasant every time I have called and I feel like all the TLSers who called about status issues had them rectified immediately.

User avatar
sikemenow
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:45 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby sikemenow » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:52 am

surfer wrote:Did anyone here apply in January after the release of the Dec LSAT? If so what is your status? It's been 16 days since I submitted my application, and every other school I applied to at the same time now has my app marked as "complete." It's so tempting to call, but I don't want to annoy them because of these steps that they have on their site (I also imagine they had a huge influx of apps around 1/6).

"STEP 1: A current status of incomplete will appear on your online status page while our admissions office waits to receive a paper copy of your application and CAS report from LSAC. This can take up to 10 business days from the date of electronic submission to LSAC."

For me this step took only 1 business day.

"STEP 2A: A current status of complete will appear on your online status page once our office has reviewed the materials received from LSAC and verified that ALL required application materials have been received. This can take up to 21 business days after receipt of the mailed materials."

I guess I am at this stage, and it obviously has not been 21 business days (I hate weekends now). If there are others who submitted in Jan, are you still incomplete or have you gone "complete?" The checker says that all they have received is my LORs.

Is it just me or is the explanation of their timeline very unsatisfying?

Congrats to those who have been accepted. I really hope to join you.



My application is exactly the same. I've considered calling but haven't yet because it really doesn't make sense for them to only have my LORs and nothing else when all other documents were included with the actual application (which they have recieved). I'm guessing they're just taking their time to update everything.

milljp02
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby milljp02 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:27 pm

When I sent my ED application in, it was right under the wire at the deadline, so I called them to make sure it went complete. The nice lady explained they usually wait for the actual hard copy of the paperwork to get there from LSAC, but because of the deadline she went ahead and printed out my app from the digital copy for ED purposes. I imagine they're waiting on the hard copies of the LSAC report, for those of you thinking it's taking a while.

Good luck, hang in there. Whoever said "patience is a virtue" clearly never applied to law school.

User avatar
holden147
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:30 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby holden147 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:37 pm

sikemenow wrote:
surfer wrote:Did anyone here apply in January after the release of the Dec LSAT? If so what is your status? It's been 16 days since I submitted my application, and every other school I applied to at the same time now has my app marked as "complete." It's so tempting to call, but I don't want to annoy them because of these steps that they have on their site (I also imagine they had a huge influx of apps around 1/6).

"STEP 1: A current status of incomplete will appear on your online status page while our admissions office waits to receive a paper copy of your application and CAS report from LSAC. This can take up to 10 business days from the date of electronic submission to LSAC."

For me this step took only 1 business day.

"STEP 2A: A current status of complete will appear on your online status page once our office has reviewed the materials received from LSAC and verified that ALL required application materials have been received. This can take up to 21 business days after receipt of the mailed materials."

I guess I am at this stage, and it obviously has not been 21 business days (I hate weekends now). If there are others who submitted in Jan, are you still incomplete or have you gone "complete?" The checker says that all they have received is my LORs.

Is it just me or is the explanation of their timeline very unsatisfying?

Congrats to those who have been accepted. I really hope to join you.



My application is exactly the same. I've considered calling but haven't yet because it really doesn't make sense for them to only have my LORs and nothing else when all other documents were included with the actual application (which they have recieved). I'm guessing they're just taking their time to update everything.


For what it's worth it took them about a month to receive all my info due to the Christmas break and the fact they wait on the actual hard copy from LSAC. However, I received a decision about 2 days after my app was received so I wouldn't worry too much. Good luck!

User avatar
surfer
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:32 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby surfer » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:03 pm

Thanks guys. I feel a little better after reading your posts. I might call in a few days or a week if I'm still wondering at that point.

wannabeprincess
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:57 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby wannabeprincess » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Anyone know if CU provides any travel money for their admitted students days? Excited to go visit!!!

rma
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:08 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby rma » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:33 pm

Sent in my app on the 10th, status checker still says my application in incomplete.

Is this normal? Can anyone comment on how long it took to go complete after sending the app?

rma
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:08 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby rma » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:34 pm

Sorry, just read part of the thread above me.

Seems as if it is normal.

apeopleshistory
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:14 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby apeopleshistory » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:12 pm

.
Last edited by apeopleshistory on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12706
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby LeDique » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:14 pm

wannabeprincess wrote:Anyone know if CU provides any travel money for their admitted students days? Excited to go visit!!!


IIRC, No. I even asked too.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin and 4 guests