CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
KibblesnBitts
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby KibblesnBitts » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:13 pm

sgrimes wrote:Go Broncos! :D


Waitlisted, but Go Broncos! I'm going to be at a sports bar and smashed.

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby hadisious » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:19 pm

KibblesnBitts wrote:
sgrimes wrote:Go Broncos! :D


Waitlisted, but Go Broncos! I'm going to be at a sports bar and smashed.

Hell, at least it wasn't the rejection for which you prepared.

User avatar
KibblesnBitts
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby KibblesnBitts » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:23 pm

hadisious wrote:
KibblesnBitts wrote:
sgrimes wrote:Go Broncos! :D


Waitlisted, but Go Broncos! I'm going to be at a sports bar and smashed.

Hell, at least it wasn't the rejection for which you prepared.


Exactly, this gives me hope for tonight's game.

User avatar
sgrimes
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby sgrimes » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:30 pm

boo Pats! lol I'm fully enjoying Tebow-mania but only because I'm a huge Broncos fan and things have been amazingly better since he was given lead. :) Plus you have to admit there are some great skits out there...... did you see this one? haha! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD6B1CXX ... ture=share

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby hadisious » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:35 pm

sgrimes wrote:boo Pats! lol I'm fully enjoying Tebow-mania but only because I'm a huge Broncos fan and things have been amazingly better since he was given lead. :) Plus you have to admit there are some great skits out there...... did you see this one? haha! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD6B1CXX ... ture=share

LOL. That was genuinely hilarious.

I used to be a big Broncos fan under Shanahan but hated the McDaniels era. My top team is the Panthers, so i'm back to being a #2 Bronco fan due to John Fox (always liked him). Just....Hate....Tebow..... (not the guy, his game)

User avatar
sgrimes
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby sgrimes » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:47 pm

yea hopefully his game improves over time and the off season enables them to become a pretty solid team. We'll see! We really need a new Elway :)

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby hadisious » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:53 pm

sgrimes wrote:yea hopefully his game improves over time and the off season enables them to become a pretty solid team. We'll see! We really need a new Elway :)

Aye. Your defense and running game will stay stout behind John Fox. You just need the QB to carry you into the future. As much as Tebow has won, I just don't see it in him.

User avatar
KibblesnBitts
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby KibblesnBitts » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:54 pm

hadisious wrote:
sgrimes wrote:yea hopefully his game improves over time and the off season enables them to become a pretty solid team. We'll see! We really need a new Elway :)

Aye. Your defense and running game will stay stout behind John Fox. You just need the QB to carry you into the future. As much as Tebow has won, I just don't see it in him.


It all really depends on how he improves over the offseason.

But, until then, I hashtag Tebow as #SixSeasonsAndASuperBowl

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby hadisious » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:56 pm

KibblesnBitts wrote:
hadisious wrote:
sgrimes wrote:yea hopefully his game improves over time and the off season enables them to become a pretty solid team. We'll see! We really need a new Elway :)

Aye. Your defense and running game will stay stout behind John Fox. You just need the QB to carry you into the future. As much as Tebow has won, I just don't see it in him.


It all really depends on how he improves over the offseason.

But, until then, I hashtag Tebow as #SixSeasonsAndASuperBowl

And I hashtag Newton as #Canton-Bound :mrgreen:

User avatar
holden147
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:30 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby holden147 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:21 pm

hadisious wrote:Anybody have any advice as to whether I should send a LOCI immediately? I've also got a 3rd LoR I can send. Colorado remains one of my top choices, but I don't want to overdo it because I would still need some type of scholarship aid.

I was wondering if I should send one now, or both? Thoughts?


I'd send it now. Lets them know you're paying attention to them and are staying "on top of things". Just my opinion though.

P.S. Nothing wrong with overdoing it as long as you're not being rude or annoying about it. I doubt anyone has ever been rejected because they were TOO excited to attend school. :D

User avatar
bigtexmex
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby bigtexmex » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:28 pm

hadisious wrote:
sgrimes wrote:yea hopefully his game improves over time and the off season enables them to become a pretty solid team. We'll see! We really need a new Elway :)

Aye. Your defense and running game will stay stout behind John Fox. You just need the QB to carry you into the future. As much as Tebow has won, I just don't see it in him.

Hey, Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl.

John Fox led Jake "Pick Six" Delhomme to a Super Bowl appearance too.

Not saying anything about Tebow, but a great defense/run game can get you to the dance.

User avatar
sgrimes
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby sgrimes » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:15 pm

hadisious I agree with Holden's advise

User avatar
BKCentral
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:19 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby BKCentral » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:07 pm

Waitlisted. Withdrawing, good luck to the rest of you!

167/3.3x

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby hadisious » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:02 pm

sgrimes wrote:hadisious I agree with Holden's advise

Thanks, but should I just send my 3rd LoR, or send a LOCI along with it?

User avatar
PizzaShrapnel
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby PizzaShrapnel » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:06 am

hadisious wrote:
sgrimes wrote:boo Pats! lol I'm fully enjoying Tebow-mania but only because I'm a huge Broncos fan and things have been amazingly better since he was given lead. :) Plus you have to admit there are some great skits out there...... did you see this one? haha! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD6B1CXX ... ture=share

LOL. That was genuinely hilarious.

I used to be a big Broncos fan under Shanahan but hated the McDaniels era. My top team is the Panthers, so i'm back to being a #2 Bronco fan due to John Fox (always liked him). Just....Hate....Tebow..... (not the guy, his game)


+1000000 haha Cannot stand his game either. Great to see Brady and the pats put this Tebow-mania to rest... Although, he is the most famous white bronco since O.J.'s truck... Sorry, had to.

User avatar
sgrimes
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby sgrimes » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:28 am

oh don't worry....Tebow-mania isn't over my friend :)

User avatar
naw
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby naw » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:51 am

PizzaShrapnel wrote:
hadisious wrote:
sgrimes wrote:boo Pats! lol I'm fully enjoying Tebow-mania but only because I'm a huge Broncos fan and things have been amazingly better since he was given lead. :) Plus you have to admit there are some great skits out there...... did you see this one? haha! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD6B1CXX ... ture=share

LOL. That was genuinely hilarious.

I used to be a big Broncos fan under Shanahan but hated the McDaniels era. My top team is the Panthers, so i'm back to being a #2 Bronco fan due to John Fox (always liked him). Just....Hate....Tebow..... (not the guy, his game)


+1000000 haha Cannot stand his game either. Great to see Brady and the pats put this Tebow-mania to rest... Although, he is the most famous white bronco since O.J.'s truck... Sorry, had to.

Ed McCaffrey is not stoked.

User avatar
KibblesnBitts
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby KibblesnBitts » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:01 am

naw wrote:
PizzaShrapnel wrote:
hadisious wrote:
sgrimes wrote:boo Pats! lol I'm fully enjoying Tebow-mania but only because I'm a huge Broncos fan and things have been amazingly better since he was given lead. :) Plus you have to admit there are some great skits out there...... did you see this one? haha! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD6B1CXX ... ture=share

LOL. That was genuinely hilarious.

I used to be a big Broncos fan under Shanahan but hated the McDaniels era. My top team is the Panthers, so i'm back to being a #2 Bronco fan due to John Fox (always liked him). Just....Hate....Tebow..... (not the guy, his game)


+1000000 haha Cannot stand his game either. Great to see Brady and the pats put this Tebow-mania to rest... Although, he is the most famous white bronco since O.J.'s truck... Sorry, had to.

Ed McCaffrey is not stoked.


Neither is John Elway

On that note, I should change my avatar...

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby EMZE » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:40 am

Anyone here actually from CO? Down here in the springs, when I went to dicks to buy some ammo for some duck hunting, they were carrying in pallets and pallets of broncos gear, and absolute inordinate amount of clothing. While not a Broncos fan at heart, I am tempted to go pick up some of the stuff inevitably on liquidation sale.

User avatar
sgrimes
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby sgrimes » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:00 am

no way....it will all sell :) yes, I'm from CO.

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby hadisious » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:22 am

I went ahead and assigned my 3rd LoR to Colorado, so hopefully it'll be sent out this coming week. Any thoughts on whether I should send a LOCI immediately by mail as well? or hold off a few weeks before sending a LOCI?

User avatar
sgrimes
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby sgrimes » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:56 pm

I'm assuming CU waits until the end of the application cycle to reconsider WL people? If that's true, you might want to wait until closer to March 15 to send it in so it's fresh in their minds.

Of course, the opposite could be true and sending it now might show that you have high levels of interest in attending.

My advise is to base it on your desire to go there. If CU is the school for you, and you'll definitely go if you get in, send it now and make it clear that you're passionate about their program. Otherwise, wait until later if another school's admission or scholarship offer would significantly change your mind.

I know it's not solid advise, but hopefully it helps a little :)

User avatar
Gail
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby Gail » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:57 am

sgrimes wrote:I'm assuming CU waits until the end of the application cycle to reconsider WL people? If that's true, you might want to wait until closer to March 15 to send it in so it's fresh in their minds.

Of course, the opposite could be true and sending it now might show that you have high levels of interest in attending.

My advise is to base it on your desire to go there. If CU is the school for you, and you'll definitely go if you get in, send it now and make it clear that you're passionate about their program. Otherwise, wait until later if another school's admission or scholarship offer would significantly change your mind.

I know it's not solid advise, but hopefully it helps a little :)


For a truly effective LOCI campaign, I think that you should be in contact through intervals until they finally collapse and admit you. Everyone that I've talked to who has been admitted through WL was very tenacious about it.

TosaJD
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby TosaJD » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:59 am

In on 1/9/12! OOS 164/3.9 GPA. Hoping for a scholarship... does anyone know if CU is generous?

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:04 pm

CU offers small scholarships that decrease substantially after the first year (probably because most can get in-state tuition after a the first year) according to posts last cycle. For example, a $40,000 scholarship would be $24,000 the first year & $8,000 per year for the subsequent two years.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beantheshadow, cyclawps, dreamer_13, Imago Loop, joezze, Long shot hero, studyingeveryday and 16 guests