CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
neeko

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby neeko » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:22 pm

MysticalAmethyst wrote:Has anyone from the Decision Rendered 1/9/12 group received their letter?

I saw one on LSN yesterday and it was a ding.

MysticalAmethyst

Postby MysticalAmethyst » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:25 pm

neeko wrote:
MysticalAmethyst wrote:Has anyone from the Decision Rendered 1/9/12 group received their letter?

Nuts...

neeko

Postby neeko » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:28 pm

MysticalAmethyst wrote:
neeko wrote:

Nuts...

My thoughts exactly

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:43 pm

neeko wrote:

Aw, It's KibblesnBits, too. A TLSer from this post.

I guess the ole Tebow magic didn't work :cry:

sgrimes

Postby sgrimes » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:51 pm

LSN?

MysticalAmethyst

Postby MysticalAmethyst » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:52 pm

KibblesnBitts

Postby KibblesnBitts » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:59 pm

hadisious wrote:
neeko wrote:

Nope, but I'll be honest, I preemptively put it up there while drinking a last night - to soften the blow....perhaps I've been WL'ed. Sorry for freaking people out, I'll change it.

neeko

Postby neeko » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:01 pm

KibblesnBitts wrote:
hadisious wrote:
neeko wrote:

Nope, but I'll be honest, I preemptively put it up there while drinking a last night - to soften the blow....perhaps I've been WL'ed. Sorry for freaking people out, I'll change it.

OMG hahahaha. I've been bummed out all day even though I know it's a ding, there was still some hope left until I saw that.

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:02 pm

KibblesnBitts wrote:
hadisious wrote:
neeko wrote:

LOL. That's awesome. No worries man, whether it's CU or elsewhere, you'll end up where you're supposed to be.

sgrimes

Postby sgrimes » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:07 pm

lol! oh man....hopefully it's a WL! sending some luck your way :)

KibblesnBitts

Postby KibblesnBitts » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:09 pm

hadisious wrote:LOL. That's awesome. No worries man, whether it's CU or elsewhere, you'll end up where you're supposed to be.

Thanks, yeah it's looking like the best I'll do with my numbers and moneywise is Seton Hall out in my home state of New Jersey - they gave me a pretty great scholly. The thing that gets me is that as much as I love New Jersey, I'm ready to go somewhere else. Hell, barring RU-Newark and Seton Hall, that's what my PS was about.

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:11 pm

KibblesnBitts wrote:
hadisious wrote:LOL. That's awesome. No worries man, whether it's CU or elsewhere, you'll end up where you're supposed to be.

Thanks, yeah it's looking like the best I'll do with my numbers and moneywise is Seton Hall out in my home state of New Jersey - they gave me a pretty great scholly. The thing that gets me is that as much as I love New Jersey, I'm ready to go somewhere else. Hell, barring RU-Newark and Seton Hall, that's what my PS was about.

I hear ya man. I like my home state too, but it's just time to go. I would consider asking Cardozo about scholarship possibilities. We have VERY similar numbers and I was offered 18k per year at Cardozo. Not sure if you have seen this thread but it's SUPER helpful. Can't hurt, that's for sure.

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 22&t=79373

Ginj

Postby Ginj » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:20 pm

I'm in Colorado, about three hours away from Boulder, so I imagine I'll be one of the first to receive the letter. Will keep y'all posted.

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:24 pm

Ginj wrote:I'm in Colorado, about three hours away from Boulder, so I imagine I'll be one of the first to receive the letter. Will keep y'all posted.

You are a gentlelady and a scholar :-D

Looking forward to hearing your report. Best of luck!

KibblesnBitts

Postby KibblesnBitts » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:46 pm

hadisious wrote:
KibblesnBitts wrote:

I hear ya man. I like my home state too, but it's just time to go. I would consider asking Cardozo about scholarship possibilities. We have VERY similar numbers and I was offered 18k per year at Cardozo. Not sure if you have seen this thread but it's SUPER helpful. Can't hurt, that's for sure.

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 22&t=79373

Wow, thank you - this is a huge help, I'm going to be using this for Lewis & Clark.

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:13 pm

KibblesnBitts wrote:
hadisious wrote:
KibblesnBitts wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=79373

Wow, thank you - this is a huge help, I'm going to be using this for Lewis & Clark.

Just so you know, Lewis & Clark doesn't really negotiate scholarship money.

KibblesnBitts

Postby KibblesnBitts » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:30 pm

LeDique wrote:
Just so you know, Lewis & Clark doesn't really negotiate scholarship money.

Damn. Then I'll just have to milk out a full ride from Seton Hall and call it a day.

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:55 pm

LeDique wrote:Just so you know, Lewis & Clark doesn't really negotiate scholarship money.

I don't know anything about Lewis & Clark. But, a "We're sorry we aren't giving you money" is exactly the same as never asking. At least one has the opportunity to succeed!

milljp02

Postby milljp02 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:57 pm

hadisious wrote:
LeDique wrote:Just so you know, Lewis & Clark doesn't really negotiate scholarship money.

I don't know anything about Lewis & Clark. But, a "We're sorry we aren't giving you money" is exactly the same as never asking. At least one has the opportunity to succeed!

TITCR - as the saying goes, "You don't ask, you don't get"

somewherewarm

Postby somewherewarm » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Do any current CU students, or those of you who were admitted earlier in this cycle, know anything about CU's generosity with scholarships and when we could expect to see scholarships?

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:00 pm

somewherewarm wrote:Do any current CU students, or those of you who were admitted earlier in this cycle, know anything about CU's generosity with scholarships and when we could expect to see scholarships?

Last year, there were two main scholarships given out for OOS students. The biggest one is 24/8/8. The smaller one is like 12/4/4 or something. In-state is 8/4/4 generally. Scholarship information came out around the beginning of March. Last year it seemed like being above both medians got the 24/8/8, but splitters got the 12/4/4 one. When I e-mailed CU to negotiate, I was told that there is a large amount of scholarship money handed out to 2 and 3Ls each year. As a 1L, I have no idea how true that is. There is a list somewhere of the named scholarships available to those students that are 1000 or so each.

There's a lot of discussion in last year's thread about the amounts: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... start=2125

I didn't mean to discourage anyone from negotiating with any schools. A lot of people on here warned me that I'd have difficulty negotiating with some schools (CU included), but I tried anyway.

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:21 pm

I'm starting to find it hard to believe they actually mailed us letters on Monday. After all, they updated it to say that on Friday.

Seems like if they did, somebody would have gotten it by now. Especially Ginj, who is in Colorado. Curious to see where we all end up.

MysticalAmethyst

Postby MysticalAmethyst » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:22 pm

hadisious wrote:I'm starting to find it hard to believe they actually mailed us letters on Monday. After all, they updated it to say that on Friday.

Seems like if they did, somebody would have gotten it by now. Especially Ginj, who is in Colorado. Curious to see where we all end up.

I am starting to think the same thing...

milljp02

Postby milljp02 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:27 pm

When they sent out the letters to some of us ED folks, the status checker said letter mailed 12/9 (a friday) but it wasn't postmarked until the 13th (a tuesday). I'm guessing "mailed on" probably means put into the campus mail system on said date.

sgrimes

Postby sgrimes » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:27 pm

I'm in Fort Collins and it took about a week for me to receive the ED 'rejection' letter. I think 'mailed' means that it went into the school's mailing system, and it probably takes a few days to leave from there. Total guess though.....

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”