CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bigtexmex

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby bigtexmex » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:39 pm

hadisious wrote:
bigtexmex wrote:
Gail wrote:1/9/12 also

Sorry, guys. I'm kind of the angel of doom on this. :(

I e-mailed the admissions office asking about this. It doesn't seem like that would be the case, simply because the status does not say "Decision Rendered," and I am one of those December LSAT test takers who only yesterday had their file updated. My LSAT score+ GPA+ URM status should make me a good candidate for CU. (3.6/165/good softs/URM status) I'll post an update if the office responds.

I was thinking about calling the office but figured they wouldn't tell me anything without my status saying Decision Rendered. Looking forward to see if you hear anything back.

Nothing yet, but I did log on to my LSAC account, and CU is the only school where LSAC "Failed to generate a report." If it is a rejection, I will be so pissed. LSAC f'ed me in taking 32 days to release a score, and now, they would have essentially failed to generate an update for CU.

Update: LSAC status changed. Maybe I should call to see what's up...it just doesn't feel right.

CaptAdams

Postby CaptAdams » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:57 pm

From what I gather after an email exchange with the admissions office, the status was inadvertently updated early and they are not releasing decisions over email -- you have to wait for the letter.

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:00 pm

CaptAdams wrote:From what I gather after an email exchange with the admissions office, the status was inadvertently updated early and they are not releasing decisions over email -- you have to wait for the letter.

Which part of the status? Meaning the mailings, where it says decision mailed?

CaptAdams

Postby CaptAdams » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:03 pm

hadisious wrote:Which part of the status? Meaning the mailings, where it says decision mailed?

Correct.

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:08 pm

CaptAdams wrote:
hadisious wrote:Which part of the status? Meaning the mailings, where it says decision mailed?

Correct.

Interesting. Thanks for the update. I'm getting increasingly curious as to what this means exactly.

bigtexmex

Postby bigtexmex » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:08 pm

CaptAdams wrote:From what I gather after an email exchange with the admissions office, the status was inadvertently updated early and they are not releasing decisions over email -- you have to wait for the letter.

"Inadvertently updated early"

So, they are still technically making decisions in anticipation of mailing letters on the 9th?

CaptAdams

Postby CaptAdams » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:12 pm

bigtexmex wrote:

So, they are still technically making decisions in anticipation of mailing letters on the 9th?

I doubt it. It seems like they have made decisions, planned on mailing them on Monday, accidentally updated status checker today (three days early) to reflect that your decision has been mailed.

bigtexmex

Postby bigtexmex » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:14 pm

CaptAdams wrote:
bigtexmex wrote:

I doubt it. It seems like they have made decisions, planned on mailing them on Monday, accidentally updated status checker today (three days early) to reflect that your decision has been mailed.

Oh, how awesome...considering they just today received an updated LSAT score/LSAC report. It probably means a rejection because my old score would have never allowed me to get it.

Ginj

Postby Ginj » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:16 pm

bigtexmex wrote:
CaptAdams wrote:
bigtexmex wrote:

Oh, how awesome...considering they just today received an updated LSAT score/LSAC report. It probably means a rejection because my old score would have never allowed me to get it.

SHHHHHHH

Also, I would call if I were you and make sure they've received your updated score.

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:10 pm

CaptAdams wrote:
bigtexmex wrote:

I wonder has anyone got the "Decision Rendered" status update? (Besides the first batch) Maybe none of those will happen until Monday, that's why we all think we are waitlisted :-\ ? Even rejections would say "Decision Rendered" I imagine.

wvu

Postby wvu » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Just looked at my status checker, it says "Decision Rendered" 1/6 and has due dates/amounts for the seat deposits.

So, in? Not in regardless of deposit amount change? Guess I'll check my mail when I get back to school.

Ginj

Postby Ginj » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:57 pm

wvuchip wrote:Just looked at my status checker, it says "Decision Rendered" 1/6 and has due dates/amounts for the seat deposits.

So, in? Not in regardless of deposit amount change? Guess I'll check my mail when I get back to school.

Sounds like you're in! Congrats!

But goddamn it.

CristieMD

Postby CristieMD » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:59 pm

Just saw my status was updated to "Decision Rendered" 1/06/2012

Mailings:
We have mailed a decision letter. 01/06/2012

For the Seat Deposit all the information was updated to show amounts due.

This will be a long weekend =/

wvu

Postby wvu » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:03 pm

Thanks Ginj! Hope you receive good news soon as well.

I'll definitely be visiting Boulder. No law school website did as good a job selling me on the location than CU. It looks absolutely beautiful.

lagirl

Postby lagirl » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:05 pm

wvuchip wrote:Just looked at my status checker, it says "Decision Rendered" 1/6 and has due dates/amounts for the seat deposits.

+1

KibblesnBitts

Postby KibblesnBitts » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:10 pm

Does anyone with the allegedly erroneous Decision Letter sent 1/9 have amounts and due dates listed for the deposits?

coldshoulder

Postby coldshoulder » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:16 pm

I'm still at complete, damnit.

CristieMD

Postby CristieMD » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:19 pm

coldshoulder wrote:I'm still at complete, damnit.

My application went from "complete" to "decision rendered"

bigtexmex

Postby bigtexmex » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:20 pm

Did you get the "We have mailed a decision 1/9/2012" on the status update page?

It's strange. I've looked at many of y'all's profiles on LSN or here, and many of us have numbers at or above the median. I tried calling with no avail.

In other news, I found out I have a new job. I guess that is good in the moments of uncertainty.

coldshoulder

Postby coldshoulder » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:23 pm

bigtexmex wrote:

It's strange. I've looked at many of y'all's profiles on LSN or here, and many of us have numbers at or above the median. I tried calling with no avail.

In other news, I found out I have a new job. I guess that is good in the moments of uncertainty.

Nope, just complete.

What job?

bigtexmex

Postby bigtexmex » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:25 pm

coldshoulder wrote:
bigtexmex wrote:

Nope, just complete.

What job?

I live in El Paso. Not exactly a place with many jobs for someone like me (Masters Degree). But, it's a call center job, full time with benefits (no cold calls). It's better than my current PT job working retail with no benefits and hours starting to get cut due to lower sales after the holidays.

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:35 pm

KibblesnBitts wrote:Does anyone with the allegedly erroneous Decision Letter sent 1/9 have amounts and due dates listed for the deposits?

I have amounts but no due dates. The same as its always been.

sgrimes

Postby sgrimes » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:45 pm

everything is still the same on mine.......no updates yet

CristieMD

Postby CristieMD » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:47 pm

Accepted.

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:52 pm

So I wonder what all these sudden 1/6 decision mean for us 1/9 mailers. Nothing good it would seem, but I'm not giving up hope!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”