CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CaptainJack

New

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Post by CaptainJack » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:50 pm

I'm in. Eagerly awaiting scholarship info. I really want CU to be "the one."

ashley12

Bronze

Post by ashley12 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:15 pm

CaptainJack wrote:I'm in. Eagerly awaiting scholarship info. I really want CU to be "the one."
Congrats! How did you hear? I just checked my status checker for the first time in a couple weeks and still haven't gone complete to UR (12/03) Eventually I'll hear, but I'm eager to figure out which city in CO I'll end up in next year!

ashley12

Bronze

Post by ashley12 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:16 pm

Double post whoops

CaptainJack

New

Post by CaptainJack » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:19 pm

Through Snail Mail. Although I called and left a message during the holiday break when I saw decision rendered and they emailed me back shortly after before the letter got to me.

ashley12

Bronze

Post by ashley12 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:28 pm

CaptainJack wrote:Through Snail Mail. Although I called and left a message during the holiday break when I saw decision rendered and they emailed me back shortly after before the letter got to me.
Well that's great. I hope you get some good $$. I saw you applied to WI too, so good luck with money there too if you aren't taking UVa!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sgrimes

New

Post by sgrimes » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:11 pm

has anyone heard if any rejections have been mailed/received yet?

PizzaShrapnel

Bronze

Post by PizzaShrapnel » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:06 pm

Just got my acceptance letter in the mail, oh yeah!

SpottyCoverage

New

Post by SpottyCoverage » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:06 pm

Just found this forum! Applied Mid-Nov RD, Decision rendered 12/21. Not sure when the letter came in but I found/opened it today. Accepted with 165/3.75 Hoping for a scholarship letter soon. Never been on campus but planning a trip soon. Tips for visiting?

PizzaShrapnel

Bronze

Post by PizzaShrapnel » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:22 pm

SpottyCoverage wrote:Just found this forum! Applied Mid-Nov RD, Decision rendered 12/21. Not sure when the letter came in but I found/opened it today. Accepted with 165/3.75 Hoping for a scholarship letter soon. Never been on campus but planning a trip soon. Tips for visiting?
Congrats man! I went to undergrad here, Boulder is an awesome town. You should check out West End Tavern (insane wings), Rooftop at the Rio is always fun on a nice day, maybe grab a beer at the Sundowner (nice little dive bar on pearl street)... If you have extra cash I'd say stay at the St. Julien or the Boulderado. If not, the Broker Inn (may have changed its name, but it's on baseline and 30th I think) is chill and really close to Wolf Law... A skate down the hill then through campus is a great way to see the area, if you're into that.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Pufer

Bronze

Post by Pufer » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:29 am

PizzaShrapnel wrote:
SpottyCoverage wrote:Just found this forum! Applied Mid-Nov RD, Decision rendered 12/21. Not sure when the letter came in but I found/opened it today. Accepted with 165/3.75 Hoping for a scholarship letter soon. Never been on campus but planning a trip soon. Tips for visiting?
Congrats man! I went to undergrad here, Boulder is an awesome town. You should check out West End Tavern (insane wings), Rooftop at the Rio is always fun on a nice day, maybe grab a beer at the Sundowner (nice little dive bar on pearl street)... If you have extra cash I'd say stay at the St. Julien or the Boulderado. If not, the Broker Inn (may have changed its name, but it's on baseline and 30th I think) is chill and really close to Wolf Law... A skate down the hill then through campus is a great way to see the area, if you're into that.
A beer at the 'downer and a stay at the Broker Inn would've all but guaranteed that I wouldn't have gone to CU. ;)

I'd rent a cheap-ass car, grab whatever the cheapest hidden deal room on Hotwire is for the Louisville/Superior/Broomfield area (10 minute drive from Boulder, but usually a lot cheaper, and the hotels are a lot newer - typically Hotwire puts you in the La Quinta or the Comfort Inn in Louisville), and just cruise the area. Get out and wander campus, the Hill, Pearl, and then drive some neighborhoods/surrounding areas.

Also, don't plan a trip for mid-to-late March if you can avoid it (it's typically beautiful outside unless it's snowing, but when it's snowing, it's dropping 18 inches and closing the airport - hell on travel plans).

I graduated from CU Law last spring (loved every minute of it) and am still kicking around here if anyone has any questions they'd like to PM me.

-Pufer

PizzaShrapnel

Bronze

Post by PizzaShrapnel » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:46 pm

A beer at the 'downer and a stay at the Broker Inn would've all but guaranteed that I wouldn't have gone to CU. ;)
So, you're saying you don't love the disgustingly tacky decor of the Broker Inn!? haha To be honest, cannot complain with $6 pitchers of pbr at the 'downer when the pockets are thin, though. But, yes, if those were the first two places I saw in Boulder (now that I think about it) I would have run also. haha Sorry for the bad advice Spotty.

SpottyCoverage

New

Post by SpottyCoverage » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:35 pm

PizzaShrapnel wrote:
Cool! Thanks for the advice. I've applied to a handful of schools and CU was the first one I heard back but I think I'm already leaning that way. :lol:

KibblesnBitts

Bronze

Post by KibblesnBitts » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:01 pm

Status checker noted a change on my profile, but nothing changed....did this happen to anyone else?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hadisious

Bronze

Post by hadisious » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:22 pm

Just checked my status checker and I have "We have mailed a decision letter" dated 1/9/12 (this coming Monday) under mailings.

My status is still "application complete" as on 12/2. My requirements haven't changed, just show seat deposits but no due dates. Anybody else have this change?

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:27 pm

hadisious wrote:Just checked my status checker and I have "We have mailed a decision letter" dated 1/9/12 (this coming Monday) under mailings.

My status is still "application complete" as on 12/2. My requirements haven't changed, just show seat deposits but no due dates. Anybody else have this change?
I have this too...anyone know what it means? It doesn't say decision rendered, just complete.

hadisious

Bronze

Post by hadisious » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:28 pm

neeko wrote:
hadisious wrote:Just checked my status checker and I have "We have mailed a decision letter" dated 1/9/12 (this coming Monday) under mailings.

I have this too...anyone know what it means? It doesn't say decision rendered, just complete.
This has got me a little worried because this is what the ED people had when they got pushed to RD :-\

Best of luck to everyone. This is one of my top choices, really hoping for some good news.

sgrimes

New

Post by sgrimes » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:32 pm

it might mean WL.....if it was a rejection I'm assuming it would change to Decision Rendered. I have no idea though.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hadisious

Bronze

Post by hadisious » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:33 pm

sgrimes wrote:it might mean WL.....if it was a rejection I'm assuming it would change to Decision Rendered. I have no idea though.
This is exactly what I was thinking.

edit: Although because it says mailed 1/9/12, maybe they haven't updated the actual status' yet

bigtexmex

Bronze

Post by bigtexmex » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:09 pm

hadisious wrote:
sgrimes wrote:it might mean WL.....if it was a rejection I'm assuming it would change to Decision Rendered. I have no idea though.
This is exactly what I was thinking.

edit: Although because it says mailed 1/9/12, maybe they haven't updated the actual status' yet
That's probably it. Mine says the same thing, but the school only yesterday received my updated LSAT score from December. So, it is probably a mistake in the system.

Gail

Silver

Post by Gail » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:21 pm

1/9/12 also

Sorry, guys. I'm kind of the angel of doom on this. :(

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:47 pm

I have the same thing. So skeered.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bigtexmex

Bronze

Post by bigtexmex » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Gail wrote:1/9/12 also

I e-mailed the admissions office asking about this. It doesn't seem like that would be the case, simply because the status does not say "Decision Rendered," and I am one of those December LSAT test takers who only yesterday had their file updated. My LSAT score+ GPA+ URM status should make me a good candidate for CU. (3.6/165/good softs/URM status) I'll post an update if the office responds.

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:55 pm

bigtexmex wrote:

I e-mailed the admissions office asking about this. It doesn't seem like that would be the case, simply because the status does not say "Decision Rendered," and I am one of those December LSAT test takers who only yesterday had their file updated. My LSAT score+ GPA+ URM status should make me a good candidate for CU. (3.6/165/good softs/URM status) I'll post an update if the office responds.
OMG I HOPE YOU'RE RIGHT. And, you know, they send out similar decisions in waves.

I might cry.

KibblesnBitts

Bronze

Post by KibblesnBitts » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:14 pm

Yeah, I definitely think it's a ding.

Damn, part of me wanted to return to Denver for the first time in over a decade.

But all we get to do now is wait.

hadisious

Bronze

Post by hadisious » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:21 pm

bigtexmex wrote:

I was thinking about calling the office but figured they wouldn't tell me anything without my status saying Decision Rendered. Looking forward to see if you hear anything back.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”