CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
CaptainJack
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:45 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby CaptainJack » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:50 pm

I'm in. Eagerly awaiting scholarship info. I really want CU to be "the one."

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby ashley12 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:15 pm

CaptainJack wrote:I'm in. Eagerly awaiting scholarship info. I really want CU to be "the one."


Congrats! How did you hear? I just checked my status checker for the first time in a couple weeks and still haven't gone complete to UR (12/03) Eventually I'll hear, but I'm eager to figure out which city in CO I'll end up in next year!

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby ashley12 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:16 pm

Double post whoops

User avatar
CaptainJack
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:45 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby CaptainJack » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:19 pm

Through Snail Mail. Although I called and left a message during the holiday break when I saw decision rendered and they emailed me back shortly after before the letter got to me.

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby ashley12 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:28 pm

CaptainJack wrote:Through Snail Mail. Although I called and left a message during the holiday break when I saw decision rendered and they emailed me back shortly after before the letter got to me.


Well that's great. I hope you get some good $$. I saw you applied to WI too, so good luck with money there too if you aren't taking UVa!

User avatar
sgrimes
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby sgrimes » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:11 pm

has anyone heard if any rejections have been mailed/received yet?

User avatar
PizzaShrapnel
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby PizzaShrapnel » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:06 pm

Just got my acceptance letter in the mail, oh yeah!

User avatar
SpottyCoverage
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:59 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby SpottyCoverage » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:06 pm

Just found this forum! Applied Mid-Nov RD, Decision rendered 12/21. Not sure when the letter came in but I found/opened it today. Accepted with 165/3.75 Hoping for a scholarship letter soon. Never been on campus but planning a trip soon. Tips for visiting?

User avatar
PizzaShrapnel
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby PizzaShrapnel » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:22 pm

SpottyCoverage wrote:Just found this forum! Applied Mid-Nov RD, Decision rendered 12/21. Not sure when the letter came in but I found/opened it today. Accepted with 165/3.75 Hoping for a scholarship letter soon. Never been on campus but planning a trip soon. Tips for visiting?


Congrats man! I went to undergrad here, Boulder is an awesome town. You should check out West End Tavern (insane wings), Rooftop at the Rio is always fun on a nice day, maybe grab a beer at the Sundowner (nice little dive bar on pearl street)... If you have extra cash I'd say stay at the St. Julien or the Boulderado. If not, the Broker Inn (may have changed its name, but it's on baseline and 30th I think) is chill and really close to Wolf Law... A skate down the hill then through campus is a great way to see the area, if you're into that.

User avatar
Pufer
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:32 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby Pufer » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:29 am

PizzaShrapnel wrote:
SpottyCoverage wrote:Just found this forum! Applied Mid-Nov RD, Decision rendered 12/21. Not sure when the letter came in but I found/opened it today. Accepted with 165/3.75 Hoping for a scholarship letter soon. Never been on campus but planning a trip soon. Tips for visiting?


Congrats man! I went to undergrad here, Boulder is an awesome town. You should check out West End Tavern (insane wings), Rooftop at the Rio is always fun on a nice day, maybe grab a beer at the Sundowner (nice little dive bar on pearl street)... If you have extra cash I'd say stay at the St. Julien or the Boulderado. If not, the Broker Inn (may have changed its name, but it's on baseline and 30th I think) is chill and really close to Wolf Law... A skate down the hill then through campus is a great way to see the area, if you're into that.


A beer at the 'downer and a stay at the Broker Inn would've all but guaranteed that I wouldn't have gone to CU. ;)

I'd rent a cheap-ass car, grab whatever the cheapest hidden deal room on Hotwire is for the Louisville/Superior/Broomfield area (10 minute drive from Boulder, but usually a lot cheaper, and the hotels are a lot newer - typically Hotwire puts you in the La Quinta or the Comfort Inn in Louisville), and just cruise the area. Get out and wander campus, the Hill, Pearl, and then drive some neighborhoods/surrounding areas.

Also, don't plan a trip for mid-to-late March if you can avoid it (it's typically beautiful outside unless it's snowing, but when it's snowing, it's dropping 18 inches and closing the airport - hell on travel plans).

I graduated from CU Law last spring (loved every minute of it) and am still kicking around here if anyone has any questions they'd like to PM me.

-Pufer

User avatar
PizzaShrapnel
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby PizzaShrapnel » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:46 pm

A beer at the 'downer and a stay at the Broker Inn would've all but guaranteed that I wouldn't have gone to CU. ;)


So, you're saying you don't love the disgustingly tacky decor of the Broker Inn!? haha To be honest, cannot complain with $6 pitchers of pbr at the 'downer when the pockets are thin, though. But, yes, if those were the first two places I saw in Boulder (now that I think about it) I would have run also. haha Sorry for the bad advice Spotty.

User avatar
SpottyCoverage
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:59 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby SpottyCoverage » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:35 pm

PizzaShrapnel wrote:
SpottyCoverage wrote:Just found this forum! Applied Mid-Nov RD, Decision rendered 12/21. Not sure when the letter came in but I found/opened it today. Accepted with 165/3.75 Hoping for a scholarship letter soon. Never been on campus but planning a trip soon. Tips for visiting?


Congrats man! I went to undergrad here, Boulder is an awesome town. You should check out West End Tavern (insane wings), Rooftop at the Rio is always fun on a nice day, maybe grab a beer at the Sundowner (nice little dive bar on pearl street)... If you have extra cash I'd say stay at the St. Julien or the Boulderado. If not, the Broker Inn (may have changed its name, but it's on baseline and 30th I think) is chill and really close to Wolf Law... A skate down the hill then through campus is a great way to see the area, if you're into that.


Cool! Thanks for the advice. I've applied to a handful of schools and CU was the first one I heard back but I think I'm already leaning that way. :lol:

User avatar
KibblesnBitts
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby KibblesnBitts » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:01 pm

Status checker noted a change on my profile, but nothing changed....did this happen to anyone else?

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby hadisious » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:22 pm

Just checked my status checker and I have "We have mailed a decision letter" dated 1/9/12 (this coming Monday) under mailings.

My status is still "application complete" as on 12/2. My requirements haven't changed, just show seat deposits but no due dates. Anybody else have this change?

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby neeko » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:27 pm

hadisious wrote:Just checked my status checker and I have "We have mailed a decision letter" dated 1/9/12 (this coming Monday) under mailings.

My status is still "application complete" as on 12/2. My requirements haven't changed, just show seat deposits but no due dates. Anybody else have this change?


I have this too...anyone know what it means? It doesn't say decision rendered, just complete.

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby hadisious » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:28 pm

neeko wrote:
hadisious wrote:Just checked my status checker and I have "We have mailed a decision letter" dated 1/9/12 (this coming Monday) under mailings.

My status is still "application complete" as on 12/2. My requirements haven't changed, just show seat deposits but no due dates. Anybody else have this change?


I have this too...anyone know what it means? It doesn't say decision rendered, just complete.

This has got me a little worried because this is what the ED people had when they got pushed to RD :-\

Best of luck to everyone. This is one of my top choices, really hoping for some good news.

User avatar
sgrimes
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby sgrimes » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:32 pm

it might mean WL.....if it was a rejection I'm assuming it would change to Decision Rendered. I have no idea though.

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby hadisious » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:33 pm

sgrimes wrote:it might mean WL.....if it was a rejection I'm assuming it would change to Decision Rendered. I have no idea though.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

edit: Although because it says mailed 1/9/12, maybe they haven't updated the actual status' yet

User avatar
bigtexmex
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby bigtexmex » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:09 pm

hadisious wrote:
sgrimes wrote:it might mean WL.....if it was a rejection I'm assuming it would change to Decision Rendered. I have no idea though.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

edit: Although because it says mailed 1/9/12, maybe they haven't updated the actual status' yet

That's probably it. Mine says the same thing, but the school only yesterday received my updated LSAT score from December. So, it is probably a mistake in the system.

User avatar
Gail
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby Gail » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:21 pm

1/9/12 also


Sorry, guys. I'm kind of the angel of doom on this. :(

User avatar
Ginj
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:53 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby Ginj » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:47 pm

I have the same thing. So skeered.

User avatar
bigtexmex
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby bigtexmex » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Gail wrote:1/9/12 also


Sorry, guys. I'm kind of the angel of doom on this. :(


I e-mailed the admissions office asking about this. It doesn't seem like that would be the case, simply because the status does not say "Decision Rendered," and I am one of those December LSAT test takers who only yesterday had their file updated. My LSAT score+ GPA+ URM status should make me a good candidate for CU. (3.6/165/good softs/URM status) I'll post an update if the office responds.

User avatar
Ginj
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:53 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby Ginj » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:55 pm

bigtexmex wrote:
Gail wrote:1/9/12 also


Sorry, guys. I'm kind of the angel of doom on this. :(


I e-mailed the admissions office asking about this. It doesn't seem like that would be the case, simply because the status does not say "Decision Rendered," and I am one of those December LSAT test takers who only yesterday had their file updated. My LSAT score+ GPA+ URM status should make me a good candidate for CU. (3.6/165/good softs/URM status) I'll post an update if the office responds.


OMG I HOPE YOU'RE RIGHT. And, you know, they send out similar decisions in waves.

I might cry.

User avatar
KibblesnBitts
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby KibblesnBitts » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:14 pm

Gail wrote:1/9/12 also


Sorry, guys. I'm kind of the angel of doom on this. :(


Yeah, I definitely think it's a ding.

Damn, part of me wanted to return to Denver for the first time in over a decade.

But all we get to do now is wait.

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby hadisious » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:21 pm

bigtexmex wrote:
Gail wrote:1/9/12 also


Sorry, guys. I'm kind of the angel of doom on this. :(


I e-mailed the admissions office asking about this. It doesn't seem like that would be the case, simply because the status does not say "Decision Rendered," and I am one of those December LSAT test takers who only yesterday had their file updated. My LSAT score+ GPA+ URM status should make me a good candidate for CU. (3.6/165/good softs/URM status) I'll post an update if the office responds.

I was thinking about calling the office but figured they wouldn't tell me anything without my status saying Decision Rendered. Looking forward to see if you hear anything back.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests