CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
vissidarte27
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby vissidarte27 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:36 pm

In via snail mail.

166/3.2

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby hadisious » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:43 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:In via snail mail.

166/3.2

Congrats! When did you go complete?

NYDCKid2014
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:05 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby NYDCKid2014 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:38 pm

Also In today!, My first acceptance! So pumped!!!!

User avatar
chem
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby chem » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:09 pm

I asked in the ask a CU-Boulder student thread, but if anyone here knows I thought i would ask too

I was wondering how insular the Colorado (specifically Denver) market was to non-residents. How important are ties to the area? My fiance and I will be attending the same school, her for her PhD, so I want to stick around in the same area after graduating law school for at least 3 years. CU-Boulder is one of the schools we were looking at, but I was wondering just how difficult it would be for a non resident to get a job in the area

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12697
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby LeDique » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:21 pm

chem wrote:I asked in the ask a CU-Boulder student thread, but if anyone here knows I thought i would ask too

I was wondering how insular the Colorado (specifically Denver) market was to non-residents. How important are ties to the area? My fiance and I will be attending the same school, her for her PhD, so I want to stick around in the same area after graduating law school for at least 3 years. CU-Boulder is one of the schools we were looking at, but I was wondering just how difficult it would be for a non resident to get a job in the area


As a 1L, I can't answer this as well as others might be able to. The general answer is that going to school there can be enough to establish ties to the area and I haven't heard from anyone having a ton of difficulty in the Denver market when they went to school in CU. Your fiance being there in the PhD program is sort of a tie as well. I don't think you'll have too much of a difficulty, but that might be my hopeful 1L ignorance because I have no real ties other than attending CU for law school. I've seen nothing so far to worry me.

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby EMZE » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:29 pm

chem wrote:I asked in the ask a CU-Boulder student thread, but if anyone here knows I thought i would ask too

I was wondering how insular the Colorado (specifically Denver) market was to non-residents. How important are ties to the area? My fiance and I will be attending the same school, her for her PhD, so I want to stick around in the same area after graduating law school for at least 3 years. CU-Boulder is one of the schools we were looking at, but I was wondering just how difficult it would be for a non resident to get a job in the area


Colorado resident here.

Depends on the location. Denver, not bad at all, especially with a degree from CU. I know many people, family and friends, who came to the area for jobs. In fact, starting out of state, then going to CU, then getting work in CO should be harder for you only more so than for people with great connections. Parker County, just south of Denver, is the fastest growing in the nation, with hugely booming towns all over the area. Theres a reason for that, and it isn't (just) the mountains.

Now, if you were asking about Colorado Springs, thats an insular market. Period. Not just to CO residents, but to CO Springs residents. Denver is not the case.

PM me for more details if you are serious about this, as I think I can be of some help in all the areas you may be interested in, from job stuff, to where to live. If your wife wants a PhD, I would recommend DU over CU. More expensive (though if you go to CU as an out of state , it might not be much of a difference), but they exceed CU in most other ways. DU has amazing graduate programs, top 10 medical programs. Condoleeza Rice got her PhD from DU. Just a factoid for ya.

(BTW this was not a bash on CU's graduate programs. It is just that DU has some serious clout with some of its programs)

knightjd
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby knightjd » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Just got the decision rendered update w/ the due dates and amounts for the seat deposit up... I hope that means I am in! Went to undergrad here, would love to go back. Went complete 11/20.

User avatar
sgrimes
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby sgrimes » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:04 pm

yay congrats! :D

User avatar
Gail
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby Gail » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:26 pm

CU will end up being like Arizona and Iowa. :|

knightjd
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby knightjd » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:32 pm

sgrimes wrote:yay congrats! :D


Thanks!

Lindsey4468
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby Lindsey4468 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:14 pm

Showing decision rendered 12/29 and am now showing due dates and amounts for the first and second seat deposit...

Seat Deposit 1 Due 4/20/2012- $200.00
Seat Deposit 2 Due 6/15/2012- $500.00

I just checked this last night, and the only thing there were the deposit titles but no amounts or due dates. This just posted today.

REALLY HOPE THIS MEANS I GOT IN. Anyone else showing the same thing with decision rendered? Or rather, is anyone showing decision rendered without the due dates?

User avatar
sgrimes
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby sgrimes » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:44 pm

I think it's safe to say you got in. Most people that posted about acceptance saw the same changes. Congrats to you too! I'm so envious of everyone...... lol :)

User avatar
naw
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby naw » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:08 am

Lindsey4468 wrote:Showing decision rendered 12/29 and am now showing due dates and amounts for the first and second seat deposit...

Seat Deposit 1 Due 4/20/2012- $200.00
Seat Deposit 2 Due 6/15/2012- $500.00

I just checked this last night, and the only thing there were the deposit titles but no amounts or due dates. This just posted today.

REALLY HOPE THIS MEANS I GOT IN. Anyone else showing the same thing with decision rendered? Or rather, is anyone showing decision rendered without the due dates?

SHIT SHIT SHIT! Mine says this too. Sooooo stoked.

Lindsey4468
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby Lindsey4468 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:32 am

naw wrote:
Lindsey4468 wrote:Showing decision rendered 12/29 and am now showing due dates and amounts for the first and second seat deposit...

Seat Deposit 1 Due 4/20/2012- $200.00
Seat Deposit 2 Due 6/15/2012- $500.00

I just checked this last night, and the only thing there were the deposit titles but no amounts or due dates. This just posted today.

REALLY HOPE THIS MEANS I GOT IN. Anyone else showing the same thing with decision rendered? Or rather, is anyone showing decision rendered without the due dates?

SHIT SHIT SHIT! Mine says this too. Sooooo stoked.


I'm going to call them tomorrow. Their website says that even after your status checker reads that the decision was rendered it could take up to two weeks for the letter to come in the mail, and I simply cannot wait that long! I can't imagine why we would have due dates and amounts if we weren't admitted!

User avatar
PizzaShrapnel
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby PizzaShrapnel » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:01 pm

Lindsey4468 wrote:Showing decision rendered 12/29 and am now showing due dates and amounts for the first and second seat deposit...

Seat Deposit 1 Due 4/20/2012- $200.00
Seat Deposit 2 Due 6/15/2012- $500.00

I just checked this last night, and the only thing there were the deposit titles but no amounts or due dates. This just posted today.

REALLY HOPE THIS MEANS I GOT IN. Anyone else showing the same thing with decision rendered? Or rather, is anyone showing decision rendered without the due dates?


+1... hell yeah!

Lindsey4468
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby Lindsey4468 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:22 pm

Just called Colorado and I'm in!!!! :)

The admissions office said I should have gotten an email yesterday after the status checker showed "Decision Rendered", but I did not by some mishap. I'm showing decision rendered 12/29:
Seat Deposit 1 Due 4/20/2012- $200.00
Seat Deposit 2 Due 6/15/2012- $500.00

For those of you showing this as well I would think congratulations are in order!

(My scores are not exactly Colorado material, but PM me if you want more info). I'm so excited about my admission here, because this school was certainly a reach for me!

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby hadisious » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:27 pm

Lindsey4468 wrote:Just called Colorado and I'm in!!!! :)

The admissions office said I should have gotten an email yesterday after the status checker showed "Decision Rendered", but I did not by some mishap. I'm showing decision rendered 12/29:
Seat Deposit 1 Due 4/20/2012- $200.00
Seat Deposit 2 Due 6/15/2012- $500.00

For those of you showing this as well I would think congratulations are in order!

(My scores are not exactly Colorado material, but PM me if you want more info). I'm so excited about my admission here, because this school was certainly a reach for me!

Congrats. I'd love to know when you went complete?

User avatar
PizzaShrapnel
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby PizzaShrapnel » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:39 pm

hadisious wrote:
Lindsey4468 wrote:Just called Colorado and I'm in!!!! :)

The admissions office said I should have gotten an email yesterday after the status checker showed "Decision Rendered", but I did not by some mishap. I'm showing decision rendered 12/29:
Seat Deposit 1 Due 4/20/2012- $200.00
Seat Deposit 2 Due 6/15/2012- $500.00

For those of you showing this as well I would think congratulations are in order!

(My scores are not exactly Colorado material, but PM me if you want more info). I'm so excited about my admission here, because this school was certainly a reach for me!

Congrats. I'd love to know when you went complete?


I got the same update as all of them... went complete 11/21.

Lindsey4468
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby Lindsey4468 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:45 pm

Sent 10/25/11
Received 10/26/11
Complete 11/02/11
Decision 12/29/11

I think mine took far longer than most to review because of my profile not exactly matching what their midrange or even 25% mark would be.

User avatar
naw
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby naw » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:59 pm

Lindsey4468 wrote:Just called Colorado and I'm in!!!! :)

The admissions office said I should have gotten an email yesterday after the status checker showed "Decision Rendered", but I did not by some mishap. I'm showing decision rendered 12/29:
Seat Deposit 1 Due 4/20/2012- $200.00
Seat Deposit 2 Due 6/15/2012- $500.00

For those of you showing this as well I would think congratulations are in order!

(My scores are not exactly Colorado material, but PM me if you want more info). I'm so excited about my admission here, because this school was certainly a reach for me!

Thanks for the update! I just might have to start shopping for flights to colorado.

User avatar
coldshoulder
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby coldshoulder » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:29 am

Been complete since 12/6, sent in early November, still not even saying I'm in review.

Fuck you CU.

User avatar
holden147
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:30 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby holden147 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:31 pm

My application still says incomplete on their status checker. I've turned everything in and wound up even double checking and triple checking to make sure I had everything in. I called about a week ago but I'm guessing everyone is out for the holidays. Wound up sending them an e-mail because CU would be awesome and I wanna make sure my app goes in ASAP. Anyone have this type of issue with the file remaining incomplete for no reason?

navigator
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:38 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby navigator » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:21 pm

I think CU's adcomm may just be a little slow to determine a package is complete. Of the schools I applied to, all of them went complete on the same day except for CU, which took an extra two weeks. How long have you been waiting?

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby hadisious » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:25 pm

This guy had a similar issue back when the status checkers first came out. But it did take mine about 2 full weeks to go complete from received.

EMZE wrote:FYI

If you haven't checked/verified your status yet and have gotten the checker, I would recommend it. My app was submitted 10/25, and it was missing every document except my LSAT score. Only once I contacted them was the error caught ( and it took just a few hours to rectify).

User avatar
holden147
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:30 pm

Re: CU-Boulder Applicants Class of 2015

Postby holden147 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:28 pm

navigator wrote:I think CU's adcomm may just be a little slow to determine a package is complete. Of the schools I applied to, all of them went complete on the same day except for CU, which took an extra two weeks. How long have you been waiting?


I filled out the app and submitted it on 11/28 so a little over a month.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chasima, Google Adsense [Bot], hellohalo, Houzy, lawschool2017712, notnecessarilyproper, playersball, smashbash, stratton_oakmont, Yahoo [Bot] and 18 guests