Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lifestooquick

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby lifestooquick » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:29 am

charlesxavier wrote:If you guys sit/sat in on a class let us know which professor. I know last semester we had visitors to our Civil Procedure class and that class definitely didn't represent "typical" law school.

+1! I know we've had people in Property and Con Law this semester...and those would not be my first choice to send prospective students too :?

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:27 pm

rbomb wrote:
Katilicus wrote:Accepted March 20th, 163, 3.91. Waiting on scholarships. How long does it usually take to hear back? I have decent offers from Cincinnati, and am trying to decide from there.

I was accepted mid-February, received my scholarship two days later

+1 to this question

I got my e-mail than 2 days later got an admit packet... but no scholarship was in it

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:42 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:
rbomb wrote:
Katilicus wrote:Accepted March 20th, 163, 3.91. Waiting on scholarships. How long does it usually take to hear back? I have decent offers from Cincinnati, and am trying to decide from there.

I was accepted mid-February, received my scholarship two days later

+1 to this question

I got my e-mail than 2 days later got an admit packet... but no scholarship was in it

I'm not sure of the timeline this year, but I can tell you that admissions and financial aid are two separate decision made by two different groups of faculty/administration/etc. So your financial aid stuff will come after and separate from other admissions information.

Ohiobumpkin

Postby Ohiobumpkin » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:29 pm

With a LSDAC GPA of 3.4 and a LSAT score of 161, is the fact I haven't been rejected yet after being complete and UR for 12-13 weeks a good sign for either being accepted or waitlisted, or does it not really matter?

BarcaCrossesTheAlps

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:59 pm

I think it means they are probably figuring out their situation for the incoming class..... so, I vote for either an acceptance or WL.

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:57 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:If you guys sit/sat in on a class let us know which professor. I know last semester we had visitors to our Civil Procedure class and that class definitely didn't represent "typical" law school.

+1! I know we've had people in Property and Con Law this semester...and those would not be my first choice to send prospective students too :?

My property and civpro classes are awesome...I don't think any visitors have come to any of my classes, though.

somewherewarm

Postby somewherewarm » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:28 pm

Are any of you guys going to the admitted students weekend? I know I'm looking forward to getting a better look at the school.

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:34 pm

somewherewarm wrote:Are any of you guys going to the admitted students weekend? I know I'm looking forward to getting a better look at the school.

Those of you coming to the this last one will get a view of the school that the other's haven't - the atmosphere when finals are only two weeks away :/

Again, happy to answer questions or meet up with anyone! If you find that you want more info/less structured tour/whatever, shoot me a PM!

Supurbia

Postby Supurbia » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:46 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
somewherewarm wrote:Are any of you guys going to the admitted students weekend? I know I'm looking forward to getting a better look at the school.

Those of you coming to the this last one will get a view of the school that the other's haven't - the atmosphere when finals are only two weeks away :/

Again, happy to answer questions or meet up with anyone! If you find that you want more info/less structured tour/whatever, shoot me a PM!

I may take you up on that. Would you be free this weekend? Like Saturday? I'll be out of the country on the next ASW.

LadyDiabolyn

Postby LadyDiabolyn » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:26 pm

Accepted today and just HOPING to get a scholarship. The email was pretty secretive about that info:)

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:29 pm

Supurbia wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:

I may take you up on that. Would you be free this weekend? Like Saturday? I'll be out of the country on the next ASW.

Yup! We should be able to work something out :)

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:59 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
Supurbia wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:

I can come, too. :) LTQ and I are in different sections and have very little overlap in our interests, so between the two of us, we can probably address most questions.

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:05 pm

Lwoods wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:
Supurbia wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:Again, happy to answer questions or meet up with anyone! If you find that you want more info/less structured tour/whatever, shoot me a PM!

I can come, too. :) LTQ and I are in different sections and have very little overlap in our interests, so between the two of us, we can probably address most questions.

I was hoping you'd say that but didn't want to offer you up without asking, lol!

Yeah, you'll definitely get a good cross-section of the first year experience between the two of us :)

Supurbia

Postby Supurbia » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:30 pm

lifestooquick wrote:

Terrific! I just realized I most likely do not have work on Friday. Does that work for both of you?

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:34 pm

Supurbia wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:

Terrific! I just realized I most likely do not have work on Friday. Does that work for both of you?

I know Lwoods does not have classes on Friday :evil:. I do - legislation from 8:45 to 10:00 and property from 1:30-2:40...you're more than welcome to come sit in on a class. Also, if you're going to come on a Friday, you can also reach out to admissions/financial aid/etc. if you want to talk to anyone. Pretty sure admissions will do a one on one and give you all the info they give at ASWs :) I'm still happy to meet up with you that day too, since I have a very long break between my classes.

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:38 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
Supurbia wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:

I know Lwoods does not have classes on Friday :evil:. I do - legislation from 8:45 to 10:00 and property from 1:30-2:40...you're more than welcome to come sit in on a class. Also, if you're going to come on a Friday, you can also reach out to admissions/financial aid/etc. if you want to talk to anyone. Pretty sure admissions will do a one on one and give you all the info they give at ASWs :) I'm still happy to meet up with you that day too, since I have a very long break between my classes.

I'm free whenever. Just found out I won't have to go to this lunch on Friday after all, so let me know when works best for you guys. LTQ, you know where to find me, haha.

ashley12

Postby ashley12 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:29 pm

Ohiobumpkin wrote:With a LSDAC GPA of 3.4 and a LSAT score of 161, is the fact I haven't been rejected yet after being complete and UR for 12-13 weeks a good sign for either being accepted or waitlisted, or does it not really matter?

In my opinion it doesn't matter. I was UR 12/1 and just got in on Friday. Today I got an email with 15k

eta 162 3.75 nonurm btw

Incubateus

Postby Incubateus » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:37 pm

ashley12 wrote:
Ohiobumpkin wrote:With a LSDAC GPA of 3.4 and a LSAT score of 161, is the fact I haven't been rejected yet after being complete and UR for 12-13 weeks a good sign for either being accepted or waitlisted, or does it not really matter?

In my opinion it doesn't matter. I was UR 12/1 and just got in on Friday. Today I got an email with 15k

eta 162 3.75 nonurm btw

I'm in a similar boat. I got a 10k/yr scholarship today and have a 3.44 and a 163. This really makes my decision difficult.

Katilicus

Postby Katilicus » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:50 pm

Got 16k a year today. 163/3.91 IS. My biggest offer, with the exception of full schollys to lesser schools. Makes it very tough to decide. Will be attending ASD in April, anyone else?

Katilicus

Postby Katilicus » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:31 pm

I am, very excited for it.

Ohiobumpkin

Postby Ohiobumpkin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:28 am

Anyone else still waiting on OSU to get back to them?

BarcaCrossesTheAlps

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Ohiobumpkin wrote:Anyone else still waiting on OSU to get back to them?

Been in review for weeks now, like all the other BIG10 schools I applied to.

Think I'm getting dinged at OSU, though....my app was sloppy. :(

charliep

Postby charliep » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:22 pm

no moritz scholarship for me :cry: it was worth a try. good luck to the semifinalists

JVanHo

Postby JVanHo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:18 pm

I went complete 1/31, under review since then. I'm not sure if it's taking so long because of my numbers's being so borderline for Moritz, or if everyone is in the same boat regardless of their numbers. FYI my #'s are 160/3.62/Military veteran. The only thing I am sure of is that Moritz is far and away my first choice, and I have a terrible feeling I'm going to get a waitlist e-mail very soon.

BarcaCrossesTheAlps

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:24 pm

JVanHo wrote:

I went complete 1/31, under review since then. I'm not sure if it's taking so long because of my numbers's being so borderline for Moritz, or if everyone is in the same boat regardless of their numbers. FYI my #'s are 160/3.62/Military veteran. The only thing I am sure of is that Moritz is far and away my first choice, and I have a terrible feeling I'm going to get a waitlist e-mail very soon.

If it's of value, I'd accept you! Decent LSAT/GPA and veteran status = good enough for me.

The bad news? ...I'm obviously not on the admissions committee. :lol:

Good luck.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”