Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Ohiobumpkin
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:50 am

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby Ohiobumpkin » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:45 am

Just e-mailed admissions office to double check whether they misplaced my application. I am going on week 11 or 12 I believe since going complete in early January. I got a response that they have my application and simply have had a backlog of applications to deal with. I hope this can bring some relief to those like me waiting on their admissions decision.

OhioRider22
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:18 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby OhioRider22 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:36 pm

Ohiobumpkin wrote:Just e-mailed admissions office to double check whether they misplaced my application. I am going on week 11 or 12 I believe since going complete in early January. I got a response that they have my application and simply have had a backlog of applications to deal with. I hope this can bring some relief to those like me waiting on their admissions decision.


I got the same response last week. I submitted my app on October 25th, but technically went complete on January 5th, when the December LSAT score came out. This is the last school I'm really waiting on.

User avatar
kiwi4president
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:09 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby kiwi4president » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Dinged today 163 3.4

User avatar
rbomb
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby rbomb » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:50 pm

For any lurkers on the bubble, I went to admitted students day last week and was impressed. The school was beautiful, the campus is amazing, there are huge renovations being done to the locker area/commons this summer, and the profs were very accommodating. </plug>


Have any OOS admits tried to negotiate his/her scholarship? And more importantly, been successful?

Katilicus
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:45 am

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby Katilicus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:17 pm

Accepted March 20th, 163, 3.91. Waiting on scholarships. How long does it usually take to hear back? I have decent offers from Cincinnati, and am trying to decide from there.

User avatar
rbomb
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby rbomb » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:19 pm

Katilicus wrote:Accepted March 20th, 163, 3.91. Waiting on scholarships. How long does it usually take to hear back? I have decent offers from Cincinnati, and am trying to decide from there.



I was accepted mid-February, received my scholarship two days later

User avatar
Supurbia
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:12 am

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby Supurbia » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:23 pm

rbomb wrote:
Katilicus wrote:Accepted March 20th, 163, 3.91. Waiting on scholarships. How long does it usually take to hear back? I have decent offers from Cincinnati, and am trying to decide from there.



I was accepted mid-February, received my scholarship two days later


Two days after email or acceptance packet?

Katilicus
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:45 am

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby Katilicus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Any idea what kind of $$ they're offering this late in the cycle? I know its pretty late.

OhioRider22
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:18 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby OhioRider22 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:17 pm

Holy shit, what is up with this wait??!! I have a seat deposit due elsewhere in like 3 days, wish they would let me know what the deal is already. (I really don't have a shot in hell, but still.) Anyone else still waiting?

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby seancris » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:19 pm

OhioRider22 wrote:Holy shit, what is up with this wait??!! I have a seat deposit due elsewhere in like 3 days, wish they would let me know what the deal is already. (I really don't have a shot in hell, but still.) Anyone else still waiting?


I would call admissions and tell them about the seat deposit deadline.

User avatar
BarcaCrossesTheAlps
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 11:43 am

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:30 pm

My dates haven't changed, but my status has. Yesterday it said "complete, under review."

Who knows how they operate? I just want in!!!

OhioRider22
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:18 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby OhioRider22 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:32 pm

seancris wrote:
OhioRider22 wrote:Holy shit, what is up with this wait??!! I have a seat deposit due elsewhere in like 3 days, wish they would let me know what the deal is already. (I really don't have a shot in hell, but still.) Anyone else still waiting?


I would call admissions and tell them about the seat deposit deadline.


Yeah, I've tried, damn hard to get a hold of an actual person.

charliep
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:36 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby charliep » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:32 pm

rbomb wrote:For any lurkers on the bubble, I went to admitted students day last week and was impressed. The school was beautiful, the campus is amazing, there are huge renovations being done to the locker area/commons this summer, and the profs were very accommodating. </plug>


Have any OOS admits tried to negotiate his/her scholarship? And more importantly, been successful?


were you surprised by how few people came

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby seancris » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:31 pm

Probably withdrawing tomorrow and freeing up 16k/yr.

Katilicus
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:45 am

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby Katilicus » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:39 pm

BarcaCrossesTheAlps wrote:My dates haven't changed, but my status has. Yesterday it said "complete, under review."

Who knows how they operate? I just want in!!!


My acceptance came 03/20, went complete 02/01.

Site never changed from Complete, Under Review. Answer came in e-mail and status checker had my accptance email and packet.

Good luck!

User avatar
BarcaCrossesTheAlps
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 11:43 am

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:42 am

Katilicus wrote:
BarcaCrossesTheAlps wrote:My dates haven't changed, but my status has. Yesterday it said "complete, under review."

Who knows how they operate? I just want in!!!


My acceptance came 03/20, went complete 02/01.

Site never changed from Complete, Under Review. Answer came in e-mail and status checker had my accptance email and packet.

Good luck!


Then it seems my fate is imminent! Went complete on 2/9, in review the last day or two.

Thanks for the well wishes.

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby ashley12 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:27 pm

Finally accepted today

User avatar
Supurbia
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:12 am

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby Supurbia » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:36 pm

ashley12 wrote:Finally accepted today

congrats! what were your numbers?

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby ashley12 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:39 pm

Supurbia wrote:
ashley12 wrote:Finally accepted today

congrats! what were your numbers?


162/3.75 OOS

User avatar
lbj2389
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:57 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby lbj2389 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:05 pm

Anyone else going to the admitted students event in mid April? I'm signed up, and already committed, but I'm wondering is anyone else from here will be there.

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby Green Glass Windows » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Anyone heard anything about the Moritz scholarship finalists?

User avatar
punkyg0608
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:38 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby punkyg0608 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:40 pm

Green Glass Windows wrote:Anyone heard anything about the Moritz scholarship finalists?


Nope! Should be any day now though...

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby Green Glass Windows » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:10 pm

punkyg0608 wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:Anyone heard anything about the Moritz scholarship finalists?


Nope! Should be any day now though...

Yeah, I mean, they'll tell us if we don't get it, right?

User avatar
punkyg0608
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:38 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby punkyg0608 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:16 am

Green Glass Windows wrote:
punkyg0608 wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:Anyone heard anything about the Moritz scholarship finalists?


Nope! Should be any day now though...

Yeah, I mean, they'll tell us if we don't get it, right?


I got an email early this morning. No bueno. I would've loved that stipend...

User avatar
charlesxavier
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby charlesxavier » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:24 am

If you guys sit/sat in on a class let us know which professor. I know last semester we had visitors to our Civil Procedure class and that class definitely didn't represent "typical" law school.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin and 4 guests