Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby ThreeRivers » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:59 pm

Best of luck to all!

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby ThreeRivers » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:01 pm

weird question.... I submitted yesterday, became complete today, and now I got an e-mail with my Ohio St. Username / ID. No not the status checker, it is to sign in to the main site and stuff... No clue what this means, probably an error?

User avatar
mrmojojak
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby mrmojojak » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:22 pm

I got the username and don't really see the use for it at this time. I took it as being admitted initially but my status checker still says I'm under review. I got a big package in the mail too which I thought was an admission package, but turns out it was post marked the day after I submitted my app and just contained recruitment info. Ohio State why do you fuck with me so?

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby ThreeRivers » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:27 pm

for a split second i thought it might be hint of admission. Then I realized that would be a 1 day decision lol... So I'm guessing it means nothing, still kind of odd

User avatar
srrrrh
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:28 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby srrrrh » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:33 am

submitted 11/3

User avatar
Cornelius
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby Cornelius » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:07 pm

Submitted a couple weeks ago. Checking in.

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby lifestooquick » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:46 pm

I'm a current 1L at Ohio State :) Happy to answer any questions you guys might have!

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby ThreeRivers » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:51 pm

lifestooquick wrote:I'm a current 1L at Ohio State :) Happy to answer any questions you guys might have!

I'm going to ask a very generic question / you can answer it how you like

How do you enjoy your time so far at tOSU? What's the environment like / a typical day? Are you happy with your decision thus far, etc..

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby lifestooquick » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:58 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:I'm a current 1L at Ohio State :) Happy to answer any questions you guys might have!

I'm going to ask a very generic question / you can answer it how you like

How do you enjoy your time so far at tOSU? What's the environment like / a typical day? Are you happy with your decision thus far, etc..

I love Moritz and am 100% happy with my decision. We're all here to do well and work hard, but we're not super competitive. I can give tell you my schedule to show a "typical" week (of course, there are three different section and a total of I think like 12 schedules so this is just one)

Monday, Tues, Wed
8:50-10:00 Criminal Law
10:10-11:00 Civil Procedure
12:00-1:30 school wide lunch break (this is when we have club meetings/speakers/etc
1:30-2:40 Torts

Thursday
10:10-11:00 Civil Procedure

Friday
10:10-12:00 Legal Analysis and Writing I

I've managed to treat it like a 8-5 job for the most part. The past week or so and on until finals will be more intense I'm sure. I've already been spending more time in the library because our big writing assignment (memo) is due soon and, of course, we're coming up on finals.

One of the best parts has been the friends I've made. You'll hear this over and over again but it is SO true. The social aspect of law school is awesome :)

Hope this helps! :)

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby ThreeRivers » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:29 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:I'm a current 1L at Ohio State :) Happy to answer any questions you guys might have!

I'm going to ask a very generic question / you can answer it how you like

How do you enjoy your time so far at tOSU? What's the environment like / a typical day? Are you happy with your decision thus far, etc..

I love Moritz and am 100% happy with my decision. We're all here to do well and work hard, but we're not super competitive. I can give tell you my schedule to show a "typical" week (of course, there are three different section and a total of I think like 12 schedules so this is just one)

Monday, Tues, Wed
8:50-10:00 Criminal Law
10:10-11:00 Civil Procedure
12:00-1:30 school wide lunch break (this is when we have club meetings/speakers/etc
1:30-2:40 Torts

Thursday
10:10-11:00 Civil Procedure

Friday
10:10-12:00 Legal Analysis and Writing I

I've managed to treat it like a 8-5 job for the most part. The past week or so and on until finals will be more intense I'm sure. I've already been spending more time in the library because our big writing assignment (memo) is due soon and, of course, we're coming up on finals.

One of the best parts has been the friends I've made. You'll hear this over and over again but it is SO true. The social aspect of law school is awesome :)

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks, the 8-5 job part is encouraging (not just for Ohio St, but for ls in general).. that is what I was planning to do for the majority of the time

Yellowtree
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:20 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby Yellowtree » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:56 pm

thinking about applying ED, 162/3.1 oos, non-urm diversity, chances?

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby lifestooquick » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:13 am

Yellowtree wrote:thinking about applying ED, 162/3.1 oos, non-urm diversity, chances?

That's definitely on the low end for OSU. ED will absolutely give you a boost though, I'm just not sure it would be enough. Although, if you're going to reach for Ohio State and it's your first choice, ED is probably your only option.

And, of course, check lawschoolpredictor.com, lawschoolnumbers.com and admissionsdean.com

User avatar
Duke Silver
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 5:15 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby Duke Silver » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:30 am

Also 1L, happy to answer questions as well (although lifestooquick is doing a great job :D )!

MillerTime12
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 10:10 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby MillerTime12 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:30 pm

Checking in!

Applied and went complete on 9/19.

Eastcoast77
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby Eastcoast77 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:06 pm

Does anyone know if OSU gives money out at all and what you need to get it. I will be applying there. 3.63 in state 164 lsat. Thanks in advance for any help

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby lifestooquick » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:43 pm

Eastcoast77 wrote:Does anyone know if OSU gives money out at all and what you need to get it. I will be applying there. 3.63 in state 164 lsat. Thanks in advance for any help

Check lawschoolnumbers.com for more info on that. OSU definitely gives out money, they have academic, leadership and diversity scholarships. You're automatically considered for all of those when you apply. There is a full-tuition scholly that requires an app, but honestly, your numbers most likely wouldn't be enough for that one. I had a 3.3/164 and got $8500 a year from OSU on a leadership scholly. Oh, and the GPA req to keep schollies at OSU is 2.5

Eastcoast77
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby Eastcoast77 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:51 pm

ok, thanks for the feedback!

User avatar
Duke Silver
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 5:15 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby Duke Silver » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:07 pm

To add on: generally, OSU gives up to 12k/year (instate, I don't know if they do tuition equalization for out of state students) for the non-full tuition scholarships lifestooquick mentioned.

User avatar
Lwoods
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby Lwoods » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:36 am

ThreeRivers wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:
***

I've managed to treat it like a 8-5 job for the most part. The past week or so and on until finals will be more intense I'm sure. I've already been spending more time in the library because our big writing assignment (memo) is due soon and, of course, we're coming up on finals.

One of the best parts has been the friends I've made. You'll hear this over and over again but it is SO true. The social aspect of law school is awesome :)

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks, the 8-5 job part is encouraging (not just for Ohio St, but for ls in general).. that is what I was planning to do for the majority of the time


I wanted to chime in to ditto the 8-5 schedule, but to also note that they've back-loaded our 1L year. We have 3 core classes + legal writing/analysis this fall but will have 4 + legal writing/analysis in the spring. So, even though I've learned to be more efficient in my studying than I was initially, I expect to keep more of a 7-6 schedule next semester...at least M-R. I don't have any Friday classes, so I usually go out to bar review Thursday night and let myself sleep in a little on Friday.

As for scholarships, I think they may go a little higher than the $12k/year for diversity scholarships. Otherwise it's pretty much up to $12k/year or the Moritz. In-state tuition does seem relatively easy to get after 1L year, though. I know a handful of people who have managed that.

For those who applied super early, you'll hopefully hear soon! (I'm basing that solely on the fact that I found out right before Thanksgiving last year.) Good luck!!

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby puremorning » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:59 am

After much debating I applied today. I'm in-state so even if I have to pay sticker it won't kill me.

User avatar
MiamiOxford
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:50 am

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby MiamiOxford » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:58 am

So whats the deal with Ohio State this cycle? In past years they had already sent out decisions a week or two ago.

User avatar
MiamiOxford
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:50 am

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby MiamiOxford » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:47 pm

Well, ironically enough I just got a phone called saying that I was admitted. Pretty happy about it, feels good to have an acceptance in the old home-state. :D

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby ThreeRivers » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:53 pm

MiamiOxford wrote:Well, ironically enough I just got a phone called saying that I was admitted. Pretty happy about it, feels good to have an acceptance in the old home-state. :D

stats / when applied or went complete / any change on status checker?

(if you don't mind) lol

apeopleshistory
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:14 am

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby apeopleshistory » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:11 pm

.
Last edited by apeopleshistory on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
catholicgirl
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Re: Ohio State Applicants (2011-12) Cycle

Postby catholicgirl » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Got phone call at work. In with scholarship!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eastring, Ellewoods5516, Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests