Saint Louis University

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
CPM723
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby CPM723 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:05 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:
CPM723 wrote:Got my acceptance today. Received 66k, which makes the deal very enticing.



Congrats! I'm glad that you finally heard back!


Thanks! I saw you are also looking at Mizzou. I'm interested to see their financial aid package and how it stacks up to SLU's.

I noticed in the email SLU didn't say anything about a stipulation. Do scholarships at SLU require anything other than good standing?

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:07 pm

CPM723 wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:
CPM723 wrote:Got my acceptance today. Received 66k, which makes the deal very enticing.



Congrats! I'm glad that you finally heard back!


Thanks! I saw you are also looking at Mizzou. I'm interested to see their financial aid package and how it stacks up to SLU's.

I noticed in the email SLU didn't say anything about a stipulation. Do scholarships at SLU require anything other than good standing?



Nope, I honestly don't think so. I think it's pretty much guaranteed money.

As for Mizzou's money...yeah, I don't hold out much faith for their scholarships being anything substantial. They generally don't offer anything higher than half tuition.

User avatar
CPM723
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby CPM723 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:08 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:
CPM723 wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:
CPM723 wrote:Got my acceptance today. Received 66k, which makes the deal very enticing.



Congrats! I'm glad that you finally heard back!


Thanks! I saw you are also looking at Mizzou. I'm interested to see their financial aid package and how it stacks up to SLU's.

I noticed in the email SLU didn't say anything about a stipulation. Do scholarships at SLU require anything other than good standing?



Nope, I honestly don't think so. I think it's pretty much guaranteed money.

As for Mizzou's money...yeah, I don't hold out much faith for their scholarships being anything substantial. They generally don't offer anything higher than half tuition.


That wouldn't be terrible though.

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:08 pm

CPM723 wrote:
That wouldn't be terrible though.



Meh, I guess, but I don't fancy paying a lot of money for a TTTT education.

User avatar
SarahT
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby SarahT » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:03 pm

:roll: Hi, SLU, remember me??

Still waiting.....Thanks for the trickster email inviting me to an open house....How 'bout an email saying congratulations, your numbers are fabulous, we would love for you to come here for free?

Is that too much to ask?

User avatar
SarahT
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby SarahT » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:54 pm

Still NO LOVE!!!


Santa is dead!

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby thelawschoolproject » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:55 am

lol @ Sarah


I'm actually quite concerned by the fact that my admissions packet hasn't come in the mail yet...especially since it's been over a week and I live 2 hours from STL.

JK910
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby JK910 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:50 am

thelawschoolproject wrote:lol @ Sarah


I'm actually quite concerned by the fact that my admissions packet hasn't come in the mail yet...especially since it's been over a week and I live 2 hours from STL.


Do they still use horse and buggy to get mail in and out of the St Louis area?

On a more serious note, I was accepted as well with a scholarship. Anyone else on here looking at SLU for Health Law? Any current students floating around in here?

User avatar
SarahT
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby SarahT » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:10 pm

Okay, everyone back to work in the morning! I want some love and attention!

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby mattviphky » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:57 pm

If they would build a new building, move up in the rankings, and move to Chicago then I would be at this school next year. Ok, Chicago comment was a joke, but they really need to improve the area around the campus. It's not a dangerous area or anything...just kind of dilapidated. Heading towards the Fox Theater things look good, but when you head to the Medical school everything looks run down. Also I wish that the buildings had some aesthetic consistency. They don't have to be exactly the same, but the difference between some buildings is gross. The law school looks like shit, but the business building right across from it looks amazing. I don't care if buildings look different, but at least invest somewhat evenly. Overall the campus is nice enough, but could use some updating. I love St. Louis, though. It really is a fun town, but quiet and cheap enough to not be overwhelming. It's a great compromise between big city and small town. Enough cultural opportunities and entertainment to keep busy, but not so much hustle and bustle.

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby thelawschoolproject » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Yeah, I love STL, but I'm concerned about the job prospects when graduating from SLU. I know they place well in STL, but outside of that I don't have a lot of confidence.

Although, in my packet (which I only received yesterday) it says I'm a finalist for the 1843 Scholarship and that I'm supposed to be interviewed during the ASW in March. Does anyone have any information on this process or the general structure of the interview?

eboston
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby eboston » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:10 am

To those that have already been admitted, did your status checker ever change from file complete to under review? I have been stuck at file complete since 10/20/11. I'm from St. Louis and am really surprised that I haven't heard anything yet.

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:57 pm

Mine did change to UR.

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby mattviphky » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:40 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:Yeah, I love STL, but I'm concerned about the job prospects when graduating from SLU. I know they place well in STL, but outside of that I don't have a lot of confidence.

Although, in my packet (which I only received yesterday) it says I'm a finalist for the 1843 Scholarship and that I'm supposed to be interviewed during the ASW in March. Does anyone have any information on this process or the general structure of the interview?


Oh my, yeah don't go to SLU if you're not set on the St. Louis region. This is my conundrum. Do I want to live in St Louis? I would like to live in St. Louis, but I don't want to be trapped in St. Louis. Ahhh a WUSTL acceptance would be delightful. Although, I guess if you got the 1843 full ride, that might be something to take into consideration.

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:35 pm

mattviphky wrote:
Oh my, yeah don't go to SLU if you're not set on the St. Louis region. This is my conundrum. Do I want to live in St Louis? I would like to live in St. Louis, but I don't want to be trapped in St. Louis. Ahhh a WUSTL acceptance would be delightful. Although, I guess if you got the 1843 full ride, that might be something to take into consideration.



Exactly. Right now living in STL sounds amazing (especially if tuition is free) but is that how I'll feel in 5 years? 10 years? I dno, and if I want out I don't want the anxiety of worrying about finding a job elsewhere.

I also would love a WUSTL acceptance but my app hasn't moved off of 11/3.

User avatar
SarahT
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby SarahT » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:10 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:
mattviphky wrote:
Oh my, yeah don't go to SLU if you're not set on the St. Louis region. This is my conundrum. Do I want to live in St Louis? I would like to live in St. Louis, but I don't want to be trapped in St. Louis. Ahhh a WUSTL acceptance would be delightful. Although, I guess if you got the 1843 full ride, that might be something to take into consideration.



Exactly. Right now living in STL sounds amazing (especially if tuition is free) but is that how I'll feel in 5 years? 10 years? I dno, and if I want out I don't want the anxiety of worrying about finding a job elsewhere.

I also would love a WUSTL acceptance but my app hasn't moved off of 11/3.


ME TOO! 167 3.52 URM non-traditional. Sent in Nov with an email 12/22 stating how I would oh-so-love-to-attend-withmoneyunlessWUSTLgivesememoneytoo; and i have yet to receive anything.

Andrews989
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:44 pm

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby Andrews989 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:38 pm

Status checker changed to "Decision Made, Letter to follow shortly". Went complete 12/2, 12/13 and 12/22.

It looks like most of you were emailed a few hours after receiving a decision made status?

User avatar
CPM723
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby CPM723 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:13 pm

Andrews989 wrote:Status checker changed to "Decision Made, Letter to follow shortly". Went complete 12/2, 12/13 and 12/22.

It looks like most of you were emailed a few hours after receiving a decision made status?


Yeah, but in some cases it didn't come until that next Monday, so don't freak out.

STLMizzou
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby STLMizzou » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:38 pm

I think the real question is: What the fuck is a billiken??

Andrews989
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:44 pm

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby Andrews989 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:58 pm

CPM723 wrote:
Andrews989 wrote:Status checker changed to "Decision Made, Letter to follow shortly". Went complete 12/2, 12/13 and 12/22.

It looks like most of you were emailed a few hours after receiving a decision made status?


Yeah, but in some cases it didn't come until that next Monday, so don't freak out.


No word. Hopefully I'm not waiting all the way till Monday.

eboston
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby eboston » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:27 am

I'm beginning to wonder what is going on over at SLU. I've been complete since 10/20 with absolutely no movement! Should I email or call them or would that be inappropriate?

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby mattviphky » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:08 am

eboston wrote:I'm beginning to wonder what is going on over at SLU. I've been complete since 10/20 with absolutely no movement! Should I email or call them or would that be inappropriate?


what are your numbers? I was below 25th percentile on both GPA and LSAT last cycle, and they finally called me to offer admission in June. Apparently i was wl'd, but i was never informed...they just kinda leave you hanging. This year I'm well above 75% for LSAT, and I heard back in like a month, so i think it is numbers driven.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby beachbum » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:18 pm

STLMizzou wrote:I think the real question is: What the fuck is a billiken??


It's basically the early 1900's version of a Beanie Baby.

User avatar
SarahT
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby SarahT » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:12 pm

eboston wrote:I'm beginning to wonder what is going on over at SLU. I've been complete since 10/20 with absolutely no movement! Should I email or call them or would that be inappropriate?


Same with me. NO movement. 167 3.5 URM N. COmplete 11/13. Nothing except under review since 12/13.

I sent a very polite email regarding my continued interest on 12/17 and no response to the email either.

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Saint Louis University

Postby mattviphky » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:22 pm

SarahT wrote:
eboston wrote:I'm beginning to wonder what is going on over at SLU. I've been complete since 10/20 with absolutely no movement! Should I email or call them or would that be inappropriate?


Same with me. NO movement. 167 3.5 URM N. COmplete 11/13. Nothing except under review since 12/13.

I sent a very polite email regarding my continued interest on 12/17 and no response to the email either.


Oh my. In your case it may be some sort of Yield Protect. After all, you probably will get a generous offer from WUSTL, and SLU knows it.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”