Saint Louis University Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Andrews989

New

Re: Saint Louis University

Post by Andrews989 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:27 pm

ziegltic wrote:My status is still under review, but my date just changed to 1/17/2012.... weird
Thats normal. It'll happen 2-3 times

SarahT

Bronze

Post by SarahT » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:47 pm

Andrews989 wrote:
ziegltic wrote:My status is still under review, but my date just changed to 1/17/2012.... weird
Thats normal. It'll happen 2-3 times
Happened to me twice. Second time, I got a decision later that day.

SarahT

Bronze

Post by SarahT » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:47 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:When's the ASW?
I was wrong. Its Mar 23 and 24th

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:56 am

SarahT wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:When's the ASW?
I was wrong. Its Mar 23 and 24th

Oooh mannnnnnn, hmf...well, now I dno what to do.

Thanks for the update though!!!

eboston

New

Post by eboston » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:05 pm

Status just changed to Decision Made Letter to Follow Shortly. What does it mean? I'm debating curling up into the fetal position!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ziegltic

New

Post by ziegltic » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:32 pm

eboston wrote:Status just changed to Decision Made Letter to Follow Shortly. What does it mean? I'm debating curling up into the fetal position!
Same here.... atleast we are in this together! let me know what happens

SarahT

Bronze

Post by SarahT » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:43 pm

ziegltic wrote:
eboston wrote:Status just changed to Decision Made Letter to Follow Shortly. What does it mean? I'm debating curling up into the fetal position!
Same here.... atleast we are in this together! let me know what happens
I received an email within an hour after the update.

eboston

New

Post by eboston » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:33 pm

No email yet! I'm nervous and it's cold on the floor in the fetal position! Anyone hearing anything yet?

ziegltic

New

Post by ziegltic » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:00 pm

eboston wrote:No email yet! I'm nervous and it's cold on the floor in the fetal position! Anyone hearing anything yet?
I have not gotten an email yet either... this is annoying... what are your numbers?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

eboston

New

Post by eboston » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:07 pm

I agree! This is beyond annoying. I live in STL so it's my top choice. My numbers are 3.4/153. Sucky LSAT I know, just didn't want to take it again. Where are your numbers at?

eboston

New

Post by eboston » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Still waiting on an email! Should I assume waitlist or rejection? Anyone get the email today? Has anyone been rejected yet?

ziegltic

New

Post by ziegltic » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:10 pm

In with 66k..... pretty pumped about this.

eboston

New

Post by eboston » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:20 pm

Congrats! When did you find out?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ziegltic

New

Post by ziegltic » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:44 pm

eboston wrote:Congrats! When did you find out?
I got the email at 4:41pm central time

wannabeprincess

New

Post by wannabeprincess » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:50 pm

In with $66,000. Received email at 4:44pm. :D :D :D :D :D
Anyone know how long it takes to receive your admitted students login info?

eboston

New

Post by eboston » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:04 pm

I'm pretty sure I've been rejected since everyone seemed to have gotten the email today. Have to admit that I'm upset. Congrats to everyone that got accepted. :(

CPM723

Bronze

Post by CPM723 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:04 pm

eboston wrote:I'm pretty sure I've been rejected since everyone seemed to have gotten the email today. Have to admit that I'm upset. Congrats to everyone that got accepted. :(
This happened to me and I received the acceptance email with scholarship a few days later. Don't give up hope!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

eboston

New

Post by eboston » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:49 pm

I hope so! SLU is only 25 mins from home and I don't want to relocate my husband and daughter. I already received a 50% Trustee Scholarship from Michigan State but would HATE to move to Michigan. Thanks for your thoughts and reviving my hope!

wannabeprincess

New

Post by wannabeprincess » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:12 am

eboston wrote:I hope so! SLU is only 25 mins from home and I don't want to relocate my husband and daughter. I already received a 50% Trustee Scholarship from Michigan State but would HATE to move to Michigan. Thanks for your thoughts and reviving my hope!
Crossing fingers for you! I know of others who received their email acceptances 1-2 days following the update! Can anyone give good insight on job prospects for Missouri in comparison to Mizzou. In at both, 66K at SLU and no scholarship info from Mizzou yet. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts on the career prospects are when comparing these two schools!

mattviphky

Silver

Post by mattviphky » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:14 am

eboston wrote:I'm pretty sure I've been rejected since everyone seemed to have gotten the email today. Have to admit that I'm upset. Congrats to everyone that got accepted. :(
To be honest, if you get in it probably won't be with money. I was in your shoes last cycle. I took the October 2010 lsat, and I got a 155. that, with a 3.1 gpa was enough to get me wl'd. I didn't get accepted until almost june, and by that point I had already registered for the June lsat, and I was also told that they wouldn't give me any scholly money. I was in last year's applicants thread for SLU, and I remember being right where you are, people getting accepted with huge amounts of money, and me being wl'd. If I were you (which I was) I would retake (which I did) and get like mad money next year. I was offered 66k shortly after applying, just focus.

SarahT

Bronze

Post by SarahT » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Anyone else still working on the 1843 Scholars essay?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:07 pm

SarahT wrote:Anyone else still working on the 1843 Scholars essay?

Submitted it with my application.

joemkirch

New

Post by joemkirch » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:04 pm

For all interested in going to SLU or have already gotten in:

It was announced a few hours ago that we will be getting the new law building, and it is supposed to be ready by the next school year. Most important to note is that it will NOT be on SLU's main campus anymore, but rather DOWNTOWN. I will paste the Dean's email to all students:

Dear Students:

Today, I am extremely excited to tell you that our dream of creating a state-of-the-art Law School building is coming true.

Thanks to a very generous gift from St. Louisans Joe and Loretta Scott, we will move into an 11-story, 260,000-square-foot building located at 100 N. Tucker Blvd. in downtown St. Louis.

This historic move puts us in the very heart of where law is practiced in our great city. We will be located right next door to the Civil Courts Building and within walking distance of the Thomas F. Eagleton U.S. Courthouse and many of the region’s most prestigious law firms. I know that our new home will provide our students with countless new educational and professional opportunities.

The model of off-campus law schools is found at many of the nation’s finest universities, including Boston College, Fordham University, Georgetown University, Loyola Marymount, Loyola University Chicago and the University of Detroit-Mercy.

For some time, we have been talking about and planning for how we can modernize our current space so that it matches the superior quality of our teaching and scholarship.

What is so exciting about our new building is that the interior is essentially a blank canvas. This will allow us to develop the flexible, multipurpose, technology-centric spaces we need right now to support how legal education is delivered today.

This move also will allow us to physically unify our Legal Clinics with the Law School, bringing together all of the important aspects that make SLU LAW unique.

In addition to creating modern spaces for teaching and learning, the University will add shuttle service to and from the SLU Midtown campus, as well as a fitness center and dining options, which will optimize the convenience of this new location.

As you know, the needs of our students are always our first priority at SLU LAW, and I firmly believe we will make an immediate impact on your legal education by moving forward with this very important next step in our future.

The target date to complete this project is early August 2012, in time to welcome our students for the beginning of the 2012-2013 academic year. For a brief video tour of our new Law School building, click here. (http://vimeo.com/35570584)

Work on our new home will begin very shortly, and I will continue to keep you updated as this project moves forward. In the meantime, I have scheduled an open session for questions.

Please plan to join me for an in-person meeting Wednesday, Jan. 25 in Room 02 at 5 p.m. to address questions you may have.

I would like to thank Father Biondi and the University’s leadership for their continued support and to express our gratitude to Joe and Loretta Scott for their generosity.

Best Regards,

Annette E. Clark, M.D., J.D.
Dean and Professor of Law

Initial reactions from all my fellow students have been extremely positive. Looks like I'm moving downtown!

SarahT

Bronze

Post by SarahT » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:19 pm

joemkirch wrote:For all interested in going to SLU or have already gotten in:

Initial reactions from all my fellow students have been extremely positive. Looks like I'm moving downtown!
Not happy here....everything was based around forest park for me (husbands work, new house, kids school, golf, etc) Hope the building is worth it.

mattviphky

Silver

Post by mattviphky » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:58 pm

I LOVE the fact that they are finally getting a new building. That is awesome, and it really is giving me more incentive to enroll. However, I was a fan of the midtown area, and the proximity to FP was nice, the availability of campus facilities would be nice too. But whatever, a new building is a new building. I don't know if walking distance to court houses will really make much of a difference, seeing as how the more economic apartments are further west anyways. But cool, i'm glad they are going in the right direction!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”