USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
poe
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby poe » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:35 pm

My date changed to 12/9 today, but it's still just on 2nd committee read.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:37 pm

still @ 11/21 1st read

fakehunter
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fakehunter » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:37 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:This is so bizarre. I'm only slightly below their median LSAT, and significantly above their 75th GPA.

Why am I still sitting at complete 10/31? Super frustrating, I would have thought I'd at least get a 1st read or something.


Same here. Except I'm above 75th LSAT and at median GPA. I already got into UCLA though and LA is my primary want so I'm not super worried about it.

User avatar
Boston_NYG2245
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Boston_NYG2245 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:48 pm

fakehunter wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:This is so bizarre. I'm only slightly below their median LSAT, and significantly above their 75th GPA.

Why am I still sitting at complete 10/31? Super frustrating, I would have thought I'd at least get a 1st read or something.


Same here. Except I'm above 75th LSAT and at median GPA. I already got into UCLA though and LA is my primary want so I'm not super worried about it.


Same (10/31 complete above 75th LSAT at median GPA), except I haven't heard from UCLA either, I'm not terribly worried about it, just means they haven't gotten to my file yet. I don't think its anything like they're consciously ignoring my file, at least I hope not...

ccmbr006
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:34 am

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ccmbr006 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:34 pm

I went complete today.

Buffer1212
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Buffer1212 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:58 pm

Hoping for movement this week... :|

pdeturk
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pdeturk » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:00 pm

applied 11/21 went first committee review today.

BigJohnso
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:55 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby BigJohnso » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:15 pm

Applied 12/1, went first committee read today.

agalang
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:51 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby agalang » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:31 pm

I went Complete on 11/8 but my status has yet to change to under review. I know USC is slow so I wasn't fretting over this but I noticed that people who had submitted way after me (and as recent as 12/1) are already on first committee read. Do you guys think it's worth a call to the admissions office? Don't want to be annoying...

mijenks
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mijenks » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:33 pm

agalang wrote:I went Complete on 11/8 but my status has yet to change to under review. I know USC is slow so I wasn't fretting over this but I noticed that people who had submitted way after me (and as recent as 12/1) are already on first committee read. Do you guys think it's worth a call to the admissions office? Don't want to be annoying...

I haven't moved since Complete on 10/07. I'll give 'em a few more weeks or until first round of decisions come out.

agalang
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:51 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby agalang » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:35 pm

mijenks wrote:
agalang wrote:I went Complete on 11/8 but my status has yet to change to under review. I know USC is slow so I wasn't fretting over this but I noticed that people who had submitted way after me (and as recent as 12/1) are already on first committee read. Do you guys think it's worth a call to the admissions office? Don't want to be annoying...

I haven't moved since Complete on 10/07. I'll give 'em a few more weeks or until first round of decisions come out.


Oh wow ok. Thanks!

hobojarpen
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:31 am

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hobojarpen » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:10 pm

mijenks wrote:
agalang wrote:I went Complete on 11/8 but my status has yet to change to under review. I know USC is slow so I wasn't fretting over this but I noticed that people who had submitted way after me (and as recent as 12/1) are already on first committee read. Do you guys think it's worth a call to the admissions office? Don't want to be annoying...

I haven't moved since Complete on 10/07. I'll give 'em a few more weeks or until first round of decisions come out.


Haha, I guess I can't complain compared to your situation. I've been stuck on complete only since 10/31.

elgringobandito
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:39 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby elgringobandito » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:35 pm

went from committee first read to committee second read on today (12/12)

CaliforniaGurl
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby CaliforniaGurl » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:49 pm

elgringobandito wrote:went from committee first read to committee second read on today (12/12)


same :/

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:50 pm

2nd committee read today too... from 11/21

Buffer1212
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Buffer1212 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:57 pm

:/ Looks like a lot of people moved from 1st to 2nd today.. Still stuck at first here 11/21 :( Not looking good.

User avatar
Davidbentley
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:49 am

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Davidbentley » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:12 pm

Buffer1212 wrote::/ Looks like a lot of people moved from 1st to 2nd today.. Still stuck at first here 11/21 :( Not looking good.


I would not read anything into this. Consider: the school goes out of its
Way to state that a 2nd review is not Necessarily a bad thing.

Buffer1212
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Buffer1212 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:40 pm

Davidbentley wrote:
Buffer1212 wrote::/ Looks like a lot of people moved from 1st to 2nd today.. Still stuck at first here 11/21 :( Not looking good.


I would not read anything into this. Consider: the school goes out of its
Way to state that a 2nd review is not Necessarily a bad thing.


Yah, but people with solid numbers are all in 2nd review so I just have the feeling it's a good thing? IDK this process/waiting is making me go crazy!

User avatar
bigeast03
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bigeast03 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:23 pm

Just went from committee first read 11/21 to committee second read 12/12. At or above both 75ths.

apps1212
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:43 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby apps1212 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:46 pm

Anyone in "final review?"

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:54 pm

apps1212 wrote:Anyone in "final review?"

Does that come after 2nd review?

curiousgeorgia
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiousgeorgia » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:11 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
apps1212 wrote:Anyone in "final review?"

Does that come after 2nd review?



According to their status update descriptions, it goes 1st review, 2nd review, final review, decision finalized. I was a 2nd review update 12/1 and 12/2...so I don'[t know what that means, but I hope we see something soon!

User avatar
Boston_NYG2245
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Boston_NYG2245 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:18 pm

FWIW I went to 1st committee read today after having sat on complete since 10/31

apps1212
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:43 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby apps1212 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:54 pm

I was looking at last year's thread and it seems a bunch of people on TLS got a scholarship invitation at the beginning of december before hearing about their admission decision, and I assume no one has gotten it this year since it hasn't been brought up... so it looks like USC may be behind? :(

fakehunter
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fakehunter » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:58 pm

I've been complete for over six weeks with no updates. If anyone is in the same situation and calls them to check on it, can you post with a response? I'm battling whether it makes sense to call.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AustinLu, Long shot hero, Pomegranate27, Rich Uncle Skeleton, xnsch and 15 guests