USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TheIdealist
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby TheIdealist » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:42 pm

We need to get a cheering group together for Gravity. Said group should tell the adcoms that if ever there was a Trojan that could fight, it would be Gravity. xD

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sdphill » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:46 pm

TheIdealist wrote:We need to get a cheering group together for Gravity. Said group should tell the adcoms that if ever there was a Trojan that could fight, it would be Gravity. xD


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ7oArZrQ1s

horrorbusiness
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby horrorbusiness » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:47 pm

hmm updated to committee 2nd read today, 3/19, again. already went to 2nd committee read once before, a few weeks ago. is this thought to mean anything in particular?

ibreathewater
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:00 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ibreathewater » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Has anyone skipped a committee, and been accepted? Or is this sign of an auto-ding.

Went complete on 1/8.
1st committee read on 3/12
DF 3/19.

The anticipation is killing me, please share!

User avatar
Nammertat
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nammertat » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:00 pm

ibreathewater wrote:Has anyone skipped a committee, and been accepted? Or is this sign of an auto-ding.

Went complete on 1/8.
1st committee read on 3/12
DF 3/19.

The anticipation is killing me, please share!


In early March I was still sitting complete. I emailed the admissions office and found out my file was missing a residency form. 3 days later I was admitted (without it showing committee review). Hope this helps.

horrorbusiness
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby horrorbusiness » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:01 pm

ibreathewater wrote:Has anyone skipped a committee, and been accepted? Or is this sign of an auto-ding.

Went complete on 1/8.
1st committee read on 3/12
DF 3/19.

The anticipation is killing me, please share!


you didn't "skip a committee". sometimes they just decide based on your first review. that could mean they chose to reject or admit you already. AFAIK, anyway.

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sdphill » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:02 pm

Nammertat wrote:
ibreathewater wrote:Has anyone skipped a committee, and been accepted? Or is this sign of an auto-ding.

Went complete on 1/8.
1st committee read on 3/12
DF 3/19.

The anticipation is killing me, please share!


In early March I was still sitting complete. I emailed the admissions office and found out my file was missing a residency form. 3 days later I was admitted (without it showing committee review). Hope this helps.


They had a residency form?

User avatar
Nammertat
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nammertat » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:08 pm

sdphill wrote:
Nammertat wrote:
ibreathewater wrote:Has anyone skipped a committee, and been accepted? Or is this sign of an auto-ding.

Went complete on 1/8.
1st committee read on 3/12
DF 3/19.

The anticipation is killing me, please share!


In early March I was still sitting complete. I emailed the admissions office and found out my file was missing a residency form. 3 days later I was admitted (without it showing committee review). Hope this helps.


They had a residency form?


Yeah it was really odd, especially because I'm OOS...

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sdphill » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:11 pm

Nammertat wrote:
sdphill wrote:
They had a residency form?


Yeah it was really odd, especially because I'm OOS...


Hmm.. I don't think I filled one out... I'm just wondering why they would do that if they are a private institution? #OhWell

HeadToWall
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:09 am

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby HeadToWall » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Well I went straight from complete to final review, and now decision finalized... not looking good.

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lrslayer » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:40 pm

i went from 1st review on 2/14 to finalized today. i am scheduled for a tour tomorrow and wonder if its even worth my effort to go. what do you all think? is a skipped 2nd review auto ding for sure?

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sdphill » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:43 pm

lrslayer wrote:i went from 1st review on 2/14 to finalized today. i am scheduled for a tour tomorrow and wonder if its even worth my effort to go. what do you all think? is a skipped 2nd review auto ding for sure?


I don't think the board as come to a consensus on it yet, but I would suggest going to the tour and maybe asking for your decision is in person. They never said they wouldn't release it in person. :wink:

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lrslayer » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:51 pm

sdphill wrote:
lrslayer wrote:i went from 1st review on 2/14 to finalized today. i am scheduled for a tour tomorrow and wonder if its even worth my effort to go. what do you all think? is a skipped 2nd review auto ding for sure?


I don't think the board as come to a consensus on it yet, but I would suggest going to the tour and maybe asking for your decision is in person. They never said they wouldn't release it in person. :wink:

save them the postage :)

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sdphill » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:53 pm

lrslayer wrote:
sdphill wrote:
lrslayer wrote:i went from 1st review on 2/14 to finalized today. i am scheduled for a tour tomorrow and wonder if its even worth my effort to go. what do you all think? is a skipped 2nd review auto ding for sure?


I don't think the board as come to a consensus on it yet, but I would suggest going to the tour and maybe asking for your decision is in person. They never said they wouldn't release it in person. :wink:

save them the postage :)


Yes! Go Green! :mrgreen:

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lrslayer » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:58 pm

sdphill wrote:
lrslayer wrote:
sdphill wrote:
lrslayer wrote:i went from 1st review on 2/14 to finalized today. i am scheduled for a tour tomorrow and wonder if its even worth my effort to go. what do you all think? is a skipped 2nd review auto ding for sure?


I don't think the board as come to a consensus on it yet, but I would suggest going to the tour and maybe asking for your decision is in person. They never said they wouldn't release it in person. :wink:

save them the postage :)


Yes! Go Green! :mrgreen:

i wonder how i would even present this sort of offer to them? hmmmm

User avatar
odetojefferson
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:57 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby odetojefferson » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:58 pm

Final review today 3/19 eeeeeek!

tropicanax
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tropicanax » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:50 pm

Nammertat wrote:
ibreathewater wrote:Has anyone skipped a committee, and been accepted? Or is this sign of an auto-ding.

Went complete on 1/8.
1st committee read on 3/12
DF 3/19.

The anticipation is killing me, please share!


In early March I was still sitting complete. I emailed the admissions office and found out my file was missing a residency form. 3 days later I was admitted (without it showing committee review). Hope this helps.



when did you apply/ go complete? wondering if there's something wrong with my file too -_-

Beachbum89
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:08 am

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Beachbum89 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:09 pm

Finally moved to 2nd committee review today from 1st committee review 2/13. I just want to know soon so I can decide where I'm going next year!!

User avatar
topper10s
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:51 am

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby topper10s » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:41 pm

Does it seem like the scholarship offers are coming from Rothman rejections or have some people received offers out of the blue?

User avatar
doceydoe
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:25 am

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby doceydoe » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Decision finalized today...no email though. Shall I brace for a reject? Or can I hope for a spot on the wait list?

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sdphill » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:19 pm

doceydoe wrote:Decision finalized today...no email though. Shall I brace for a reject? Or can I hope for a spot on the wait list?


They do not release decisions via email/phone.

User avatar
oliverlovesyou
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby oliverlovesyou » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:31 pm

Nammertat wrote:
ibreathewater wrote:Has anyone skipped a committee, and been accepted? Or is this sign of an auto-ding.

Went complete on 1/8.
1st committee read on 3/12
DF 3/19.

The anticipation is killing me, please share!


In early March I was still sitting complete. I emailed the admissions office and found out my file was missing a residency form. 3 days later I was admitted (without it showing committee review). Hope this helps.



Nammertat- how did you know to e-mail them if it said it was complete? Was there anything besides lack of movement that made you e-mail them?

User avatar
doceydoe
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:25 am

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby doceydoe » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:45 pm

sdphill wrote:
doceydoe wrote:Decision finalized today...no email though. Shall I brace for a reject? Or can I hope for a spot on the wait list?


They do not release decisions via email/phone.



Thx for that....geez I'm a pessimist.

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sdphill » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:48 pm

doceydoe wrote:
sdphill wrote:
doceydoe wrote:Decision finalized today...no email though. Shall I brace for a reject? Or can I hope for a spot on the wait list?


They do not release decisions via email/phone.



Thx for that....geez I'm a pessimist.


No problem! Keep hope! :D

One of my favorite quotes: If you don't believe in yourself, who will!?

User avatar
ColumbiaChamp
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: USC c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ColumbiaChamp » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:31 am

Did anyone get a letter from SC indicated that are NOT being offered a scholly?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Araza, AZnative, hellohalo, Houzy, lawnerd87, lawschool2017712, lg77, playersball and 17 guests