University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Leighmak
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:04 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Leighmak » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:54 am

.
Last edited by Leighmak on Wed May 16, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lebroniousjames
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lebroniousjames » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:48 am

89vision wrote:
lebroniousjames wrote:
89vision wrote:Anyone mind sharing their stats? They sent me a fee waiver but I'm only at a LSAC 3.42/UGPA 3.506/158. I am retaking it Saturday. Don't know if it's worth sending in an application. Thanks!


As said earlier, if UR is a top choice, you should definitely visit especially since your numbers are (slightly) on the low end.

But good luck on Saturday--just pull off 2-3 more questions and you'll be in a good spot. I'd think anything 160 or higher with a 3.5ish GPA is a lock.

*my numbers are on my profile


Thanks. I've been hitting 162-167 on my PT's. I choked on game day, so hopefully I'll be more relaxed (I forgot my lighter and didn't have a cig before the test. Nicotine calms my nerves). I'm visiting DC in January, maybe I can swing by Richmond. I hear it's a gorgeous campus. I should have a 3.5 LSAC GPA by December. I was surprised UR sent me a fee waiver, because of my LSAT. I just don't want to spend the money if there's little chance of gaining admissions. If I did get accepted, I don't think I would get a scholarship or significant aid.


Same thing with me on my first two attempts: 155 and 163 when I had been PTing 165-172. So I feel your pain, ha; I think nerves are the biggest challenge once you've taken the time to prepare adequately. That said I started at 145, so I can't complain too much.

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 89vision » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:27 pm

lebroniousjames wrote:
89vision wrote:
lebroniousjames wrote:
89vision wrote:Anyone mind sharing their stats? They sent me a fee waiver but I'm only at a LSAC 3.42/UGPA 3.506/158. I am retaking it Saturday. Don't know if it's worth sending in an application. Thanks!


As said earlier, if UR is a top choice, you should definitely visit especially since your numbers are (slightly) on the low end.

But good luck on Saturday--just pull off 2-3 more questions and you'll be in a good spot. I'd think anything 160 or higher with a 3.5ish GPA is a lock.

*my numbers are on my profile


Thanks. I've been hitting 162-167 on my PT's. I choked on game day, so hopefully I'll be more relaxed (I forgot my lighter and didn't have a cig before the test. Nicotine calms my nerves). I'm visiting DC in January, maybe I can swing by Richmond. I hear it's a gorgeous campus. I should have a 3.5 LSAC GPA by December. I was surprised UR sent me a fee waiver, because of my LSAT. I just don't want to spend the money if there's little chance of gaining admissions. If I did get accepted, I don't think I would get a scholarship or significant aid.


Same thing with me on my first two attempts: 155 and 163 when I had been PTing 165-172. So I feel your pain, ha; I think nerves are the biggest challenge once you've taken the time to prepare adequately. That said I started at 145, so I can't complain too much.


What makes it so painful is I never choked on a test before. I didn't study for the SAT and did well on it, so studying for the LSAT and not hitting my PT was exceptional in my case (not trying to sound pompous, but I'm sure everyone on here has done well on in class tests and the SAT/ACT). My first cold diagnostic was a 141, my highest PT was 167. I'm kind of stuck at the 162-165 mark, but I'd be happy with that. I have some concentration/attention span issues. If the LSAT was 2 hours, I'd do so much better. I really am pissed that they add an experimental and drag the test out. Hopefully things work out Saturday. Good luck to everyone applying/retaking.

akarenina
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:50 am

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby akarenina » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:46 pm

Leighmak wrote:Congrats to those of you just accepted! When did you apply?


Thanks! For me, applied 11/15 in 11/28.

User avatar
beezy08
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby beezy08 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:33 am

Do they need the Dean's Certification for your file to be complete? I am just now realizing I never sought confirmation as to whether or not they got mine, I just assumed they did.

Leighmak
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:04 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Leighmak » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:04 pm

.
Last edited by Leighmak on Wed May 16, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seahawk32 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Applied 11/28. Received an e-mail last night encouraging me to apply for the John Marshall Scholarship Program, and a letter today from Elizabeth Lacy describing the program and its benefits. I'll take it as a good sign. :D

milljp02
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby milljp02 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Wow, got the congrats phone call from Dean Rahman, what a great personal touch! It's my first response from any school so this is a good sign given my splitter status!

164/2.25 (4.0), long story. Non-trad applicant.

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby neeko » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:14 pm

milljp02 wrote:Wow, got the congrats phone call from Dean Rahman, what a great personal touch! It's my first response from any school so this is a good sign given my splitter status!

164/2.25 (4.0), long story. Non-trad applicant.


Congrats! Did she call you tonight?

milljp02
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby milljp02 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:14 pm

Yes, this afternoon.

LawStudent89
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby LawStudent89 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:54 pm

Got a letter from the Student Bar Association but haven't heard anything official yet. Has anyone else gotten that?

milljp02
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby milljp02 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:43 pm

LawStudent89 wrote:Got a letter from the Student Bar Association but haven't heard anything official yet. Has anyone else gotten that?


I got a postcard from the SBA. It didn't say anything about admission status, just that they were glad we applied and hoped our admissions processes went well. I do have to commend URichmond on their personal touches, e.g., the phone call from the dean, things like the postcards and not using status checker but instead getting us to actually communicate with the admissions office.

Edit: Today (12/12) I got the letter you were talking about. Hand-signed, a small detail but one that continues their very friendly and personal approach to this whole process. Richmond is definitely moving up my list!

mcr2011
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mcr2011 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:55 pm

In via phone call tonight!

User avatar
EMH99
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMH99 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:56 pm

In last night via phone call.

jme8
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jme8 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:10 pm

EMH99 wrote:In last night via phone call.



Congrats to those who were accepted! When did you apply?

User avatar
EMH99
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMH99 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:55 pm

jme8 wrote:
EMH99 wrote:In last night via phone call.



Congrats to those who were accepted! When did you apply?


I think I submitted on Nov. 27th. Acceptance call on Dec. 14.

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ashley12 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:23 pm

Accepted via phone call just now. The (very nice) Dean said scholarship info comes mid march but she was able to tell me what to expect.

ETA complete on 12/1, 162 3.75
Last edited by ashley12 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jme8
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jme8 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:09 am

Did anyone apply ED?

User avatar
rdshore
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby rdshore » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:56 pm

Applied 12/14 with fee waiver.

Seriously considering Richmond, hoping to visit campus if accepted.

User avatar
ab616
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ab616 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:36 pm

Applied 12/15, accepted 12/24 via phone call! great Christmas present

smsansone
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby smsansone » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:42 pm

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted! :D

Have you guys received letters yet or just the phone call from the Dean (very nice touch might I add)

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ashley12 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:09 pm

smsansone wrote:Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted! :D

Have you guys received letters yet or just the phone call from the Dean (very nice touch might I add)


I got the phone call about two weeks ago and received the acceptance packet today.

smsansone
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby smsansone » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:10 pm

jme8 wrote:Did anyone apply ED?

I did!

smsansone
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby smsansone » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:22 pm

ashley12 wrote:
smsansone wrote:Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted! :D

Have you guys received letters yet or just the phone call from the Dean (very nice touch might I add)


I got the phone call about two weeks ago and received the acceptance packet today.


congrats! :) I know they said everything should have been postmarked by 12/24, but I wonder if that is just acceptance letters & packets.

HellOnHeels
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby HellOnHeels » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:14 pm

In via phone call :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ad34964n, curry1, govlife, hammy393, jer0689, laurlaur2112, lawschoolapp1987, smashbash, Thomas Hagan, ESQ., tinafeyclone, Yahoo [Bot] and 33 guests