University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
icecold3000
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:50 am

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby icecold3000 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:44 pm

TheFailboat wrote:Just withdrew...hope my spot and scholarship offer goes to somebody from here!

jaysgirl42671
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jaysgirl42671 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:01 pm

I also just withdrew. Couldn't justify it with no scholarship after receiving one from W&L. But it still hurt a lot.

afangel804
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby afangel804 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:53 pm

"Priority" wait list via snail mail today. 155/3.84--withdrew

Sspinner
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:18 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Sspinner » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:49 pm

Got waitlisted via snail-mail today, going to withdraw. Good luck everyone!

painttherosesred
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:57 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby painttherosesred » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:59 pm

"Priority" waitlist via snail mail today too. Wow. Withdrawing.

wightjm
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby wightjm » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:05 pm

So is everyone on the "priority waiting list" or are there actually two different ones?

GabyVA
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:31 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby GabyVA » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:25 pm

2.75/158 - Waitlisted today via snail mail. Fingers crossed to get off the waitlist!

pret
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pret » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:28 pm

wightjm wrote:So is everyone on the "priority waiting list" or are there actually two different ones?

I believe there are two different waitlists.

Sspinner
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:18 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Sspinner » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:45 pm

wightjm wrote:So is everyone on the "priority waiting list" or are there actually two different ones?


My letter did not contain the word priority or anything similar so I suspect there are two types.

cdelgado
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:01 am

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cdelgado » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:05 pm

Richmond maintains two waitlists - a priority one and a traditional one.

Received the "priority" one today as well.

cevaugha
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:18 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cevaugha » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:29 pm

Priority waitlisted today---does anyone know how many people are on the smaller priority waitlist?---Richmond is my first choice I want in so bad!!!

User avatar
abbottsbar
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby abbottsbar » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:40 pm

cevaugha wrote:Priority waitlisted today---does anyone know how many people are on the smaller priority waitlist?---Richmond is my first choice I want in so bad!!!


Best of luck. Have you let Dean Rahman know that Richmond is your #1? What are your numbers?

cevaugha
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:18 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cevaugha » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:52 pm

abbottsbar wrote:
cevaugha wrote:Priority waitlisted today---does anyone know how many people are on the smaller priority waitlist?---Richmond is my first choice I want in so bad!!!


Best of luck. Have you let Dean Rahman know that Richmond is your #1? What are your numbers?


I have told the school several times they are my first choice when I have called the admissions office. How would I tell the dean directly? I heard in past years there are only about 20 people of the priority list....hoping thats true and a spot opens up for me!!! 154/3.95

cdelgado
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:01 am

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cdelgado » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:58 pm

cevaugha wrote:
abbottsbar wrote:
cevaugha wrote:Priority waitlisted today---does anyone know how many people are on the smaller priority waitlist?---Richmond is my first choice I want in so bad!!!


Best of luck. Have you let Dean Rahman know that Richmond is your #1? What are your numbers?


I have told the school several times they are my first choice when I have called the admissions office. How would I tell the dean directly? I heard in past years there are only about 20 people of the priority list....hoping thats true and a spot opens up for me!!! 154/3.95

Is the number that low for the priority waitlist?

User avatar
abbottsbar
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby abbottsbar » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:09 pm

cdelgado wrote:
cevaugha wrote:
abbottsbar wrote:
cevaugha wrote:Priority waitlisted today---does anyone know how many people are on the smaller priority waitlist?---Richmond is my first choice I want in so bad!!!


Best of luck. Have you let Dean Rahman know that Richmond is your #1? What are your numbers?


I have told the school several times they are my first choice when I have called the admissions office. How would I tell the dean directly? I heard in past years there are only about 20 people of the priority list....hoping thats true and a spot opens up for me!!! 154/3.95

Is the number that low for the priority waitlist?


I have no idea if the number is that low or not, but I can imagine it's pretty low this year after getting the email from the dean that applications are up 20% this year (apparently they are one of only 3 schools who are up that degree).

I would just send an email directly to Dean Rahman or ask to speak with her when you call the admissions office. She is so nice and seems to genuinely take an interest in prospective students.

I've been on the fence about where to attend, waiting on my admission decision from Maryland, but at the ASW this past Friday she, along with the rest of the faculty and staff, was so genuine that it's going to be hard not go to UR.

cevaugha
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:18 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cevaugha » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:27 pm

If you ask to speak with the dean will they actually put you through to her? I assumed I would just have to deal with the people in the admissions office who I have been harassing on a daily basis about when I would receive a decision.

hokielaw12
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:13 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hokielaw12 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:28 pm

I withdrew. Should have done it a lot earlier, sorry.

User avatar
abbottsbar
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby abbottsbar » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:30 pm

cevaugha wrote:If you ask to speak with the dean will they actually put you through to her? I assumed I would just have to deal with the people in the admissions office who I have been harassing on a daily basis about when I would receive a decision.


I would assume the easiest route to reach her directly would be through her email. I emailed her and received a response within 24 hours.

cevaugha
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:18 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cevaugha » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:31 pm

thanks to everyone who is withdrawing now....hopefully those spots will go to people on the wait lists when they start filling spots on April 16th!!!!

cevaugha
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:18 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cevaugha » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:31 pm

abbottsbar wrote:
cevaugha wrote:If you ask to speak with the dean will they actually put you through to her? I assumed I would just have to deal with the people in the admissions office who I have been harassing on a daily basis about when I would receive a decision.


I would assume the easiest route to reach her directly would be through her email. I emailed her and received a response within 24 hours.



what is her direct email? is it on the website somewhere?

User avatar
abbottsbar
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby abbottsbar » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:39 pm

cevaugha wrote:
abbottsbar wrote:
cevaugha wrote:If you ask to speak with the dean will they actually put you through to her? I assumed I would just have to deal with the people in the admissions office who I have been harassing on a daily basis about when I would receive a decision.


I would assume the easiest route to reach her directly would be through her email. I emailed her and received a response within 24 hours.



what is her direct email? is it on the website somewhere?


Yeah, her email is on the website.

cevaugha
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:18 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cevaugha » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:18 pm

abbottsbar wrote:
cevaugha wrote:
abbottsbar wrote:
cevaugha wrote:If you ask to speak with the dean will they actually put you through to her? I assumed I would just have to deal with the people in the admissions office who I have been harassing on a daily basis about when I would receive a decision.


I would assume the easiest route to reach her directly would be through her email. I emailed her and received a response within 24 hours.



what is her direct email? is it on the website somewhere?


Yeah, her email is on the website.


thanks I am defiantly going to email her. I wonder if they are accepting people from the wait list as people withdraw or if they are going to wait until after the april 15th seat deposit deadline to start accepting wait listed students?

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seahawk32 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:21 pm

hokielaw12 wrote:I withdrew. Should have done it a lot earlier, sorry.


+1

Hopefully one of you JMS candidates get my spot.

User avatar
abbottsbar
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby abbottsbar » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:27 pm

No clue on when they will go to the wait list. It looks like last year at least one person was accepted before the 15th cutoff. Best of luck to you! I will say this much, I'd kill to have your GPA. Are you dead-set on attending this fall or could you possibly take a year off and up your LSAT?

cevaugha
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:18 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cevaugha » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:30 pm

abbottsbar wrote:No clue on when they will go to the wait list. It looks like last year at least one person was accepted before the 15th cutoff. Best of luck to you! I will say this much, I'd kill to have your GPA. Are you dead-set on attending this fall or could you possibly take a year off and up your LSAT?


I feel like if I take a year off I will never get up the motivation to go back. I have gotten into 5 other schools and am putting a seat deposit down at Elon University. I am also waitlisted at Washington and Lee, William and Mary, American, and George Mason but I really want U of R. I have family in Richmond and grew up there so moving back there would be ideal plus I love the school.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, Ferrisjso, Google Adsense [Bot], hellohalo, Houzy, lg77, lillawyer2, PDX4343, premalone, stewhan, uhwrestler, whodareswins, xnsch, Yahoo [Bot] and 16 guests