University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ashley12 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:20 pm

ziegltic wrote:So I got a letter from the university of richmond student bar association today, but I have not heard an acceptance yet. Has anyone else gotten this letter?


Richmond does this. A lot.

Also, since my acceptance I've gotten numerous email messages and letters inviting me to apply. Sillyheads.

User avatar
asmith5
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:43 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby asmith5 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:24 pm

just accepted by phone call around 6:00! so excited!

HellOnHeels
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby HellOnHeels » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:23 pm

asmith5 wrote:just accepted by phone call around 6:00! so excited!

congrats!!

pret
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pret » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:10 am

asmith5 wrote:just accepted by phone call around 6:00! so excited!

Congrats! Didn't know they did this on Saturdays.

User avatar
asmith5
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:43 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby asmith5 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:16 am

pret wrote:
asmith5 wrote:just accepted by phone call around 6:00! so excited!

Congrats! Didn't know they did this on Saturdays.


neither did I, it seemed like the calls mostly came on sundays. I almost didn't answer the phone because I wasn't expecting it!

smhaaty
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:23 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby smhaaty » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:28 pm

Got accepted by phone... it caught me off guard cause the call came in at 7 PST meaning it must have been 10 in Richmond. Pretty late for a call... also I applied late and wasn't expecting a decision till next month. All I can say is based on my experience with W&L, Richmond, and Wake Forest, the Virginia/NC schools have pretty awesome admission departments.

ziegltic
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ziegltic » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:23 pm

smhaaty wrote:Got accepted by phone... it caught me off guard cause the call came in at 7 PST meaning it must have been 10 in Richmond. Pretty late for a call... also I applied late and wasn't expecting a decision till next month. All I can say is based on my experience with W&L, Richmond, and Wake Forest, the Virginia/NC schools have pretty awesome admission departments.


numbers?

ziegltic
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ziegltic » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:24 pm

asmith5 wrote:just accepted by phone call around 6:00! so excited!



numbers?

User avatar
asmith5
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:43 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby asmith5 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:50 pm

ziegltic wrote:
asmith5 wrote:just accepted by phone call around 6:00! so excited!



numbers?


3.32/163

smhaaty
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:23 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby smhaaty » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:40 pm

ziegltic wrote:
smhaaty wrote:Got accepted by phone... it caught me off guard cause the call came in at 7 PST meaning it must have been 10 in Richmond. Pretty late for a call... also I applied late and wasn't expecting a decision till next month. All I can say is based on my experience with W&L, Richmond, and Wake Forest, the Virginia/NC schools have pretty awesome admission departments.


numbers?


167/2.8

User avatar
abbottsbar
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby abbottsbar » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:23 pm

In with a phone call!!!!!!!

User avatar
ap613
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:30 am

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ap613 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:25 pm

Just got off the phone... accepted with an estimated $20k

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby noleknight16 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:28 pm

ap613 wrote:Just got off the phone... accepted with an estimated $20k
abbottsbar wrote:In with a phone call!!!!!!!


Congrats to you both. Numbers?

User avatar
ap613
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:30 am

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ap613 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:33 pm

noleknight16 wrote:Congrats to you both. Numbers?


165 / 3.2

Good luck to those waiting

User avatar
abbottsbar
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby abbottsbar » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:39 pm

163, 2.7, non-traditional with some good softs

edit: estimated 10-15k in scholarships
Last edited by abbottsbar on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
oxeatheman
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:42 am

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby oxeatheman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:04 pm

in via call, the nicest admission staff award goes to richmond.


163/3.3
non-urm



edit: estimated 15k-17k scholarship.

User avatar
asmith5
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:43 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby asmith5 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:26 pm

abbottsbar wrote:In with a phone call!!!!!!!

ap613 wrote:Just got off the phone... accepted with an estimated $20k

oxeatheman wrote:in via call, the nicest admission staff award goes to richmond.


163/3.3
non-urm



edit: estimated 15k-17k scholarship.


congrats to you all! richmond really does have the nicest admissions staff, they make it so easy to want to attend there.

User avatar
abbottsbar
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby abbottsbar » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:07 pm

asmith5 wrote:
abbottsbar wrote:In with a phone call!!!!!!!

ap613 wrote:Just got off the phone... accepted with an estimated $20k

oxeatheman wrote:in via call, the nicest admission staff award goes to richmond.


163/3.3
non-urm



edit: estimated 15k-17k scholarship.


congrats to you all! richmond really does have the nicest admissions staff, they make it so easy to want to attend there.


I have to agree with you on the nicest admisions staff statement. I probably spent 15 minutes or more on the phone with Dean Rahmann last night.

jsvaughn
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:52 am

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jsvaughn » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:12 pm

still waiting...starting to get worried because i really like richmond from everything ive seen and read

pret
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pret » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:18 pm

Received a large packet from Richmond! Too bad the contents were nothing but junk. UGH...

llachans
Posts: 597
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby llachans » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:43 pm

I applied in November but still no decision. Should I send a letter about my continued interest or wait it out?

el William
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:36 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby el William » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:52 pm

Ok so my phone has been off since yesterday, turned it on tonight at 830 and saw that I had a text message from the admissions dean at Richmond. I decided I would call back just to see if anyone answered the phone at 830...

Well they did! Dean Rahman just offered me admission to the school and I'd that I should expect between 15,000 and 18,000 in scholarship money.

My app went complete on 1/19. This is the first school I have heard back from and I am sooooooo excited right now!

HellOnHeels
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby HellOnHeels » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:10 pm

el William wrote:Ok so my phone has been off since yesterday, turned it on tonight at 830 and saw that I had a text message from the admissions dean at Richmond. I decided I would call back just to see if anyone answered the phone at 830...

Well they did! Dean Rahman just offered me admission to the school and I'd that I should expect between 15,000 and 18,000 in scholarship money.

My app went complete on 1/19. This is the first school I have heard back from and I am sooooooo excited right now!

Congrats!!

User avatar
abbottsbar
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby abbottsbar » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:18 pm

For those of you accepted, where does Richmond fall on your list? Will it all depend on the scholarships awarded?

User avatar
vissidarte27
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby vissidarte27 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:43 pm

abbottsbar wrote:For those of you accepted, where does Richmond fall on your list? Will it all depend on the scholarships awarded?


I'm currently deciding between Richmond and two (possibly three) other schools. I imagine a lot of it will come down to scholarship. Because I plan on going into public interest, I don't want to take on a lot of law school debt if I can help it. I've been given significant money at W&L, so if Richmond doesn't match or beat it, I don't think it would make sense to attend.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cyclawps, tylergreenandgold, xn3345 and 9 guests