University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
westinghouse60
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:27 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby westinghouse60 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:09 pm

sums wrote:
westinghouse60 wrote:
ccmbr006 wrote:In via status checker today. Now waiting for $$$$ information.


+1

How are we supposed to find this out? I didn't get a call or email or regular mail or anything lol.



I got a phone call 2/3 days after the status checker changed. When she was on the phone with me she told me about the $$$ offer and then said she was sending a letter in the mail with more details. I got the letter like 3 days after the call


Ok, that makes sense. Thanks

ccmbr006
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:34 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby ccmbr006 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:04 pm

Received 25K out of state. Nice...

User avatar
westinghouse60
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:27 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby westinghouse60 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:41 pm

ccmbr006 wrote:Received 25K out of state. Nice...


+1, just got my call an hour or so after making that last post haha

iosborn12
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby iosborn12 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:40 pm

In via status checker. Likely going to be UGA or Alabama for me

wannagotolaw
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:57 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby wannagotolaw » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:56 am

Status updated to 12/21 -- don't know what that means, been under review for a while. finally some movement ... i guess.

ralph_pootawn
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby ralph_pootawn » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:29 pm

got a alabama school of law t shirt in the mail today at my parents house. Nice touch by claude and the admissions team. They have been so pleasant to deal with.

STLMizzou
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby STLMizzou » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:42 pm

So I was thinking about putting in an app to ‘Bama tomorrow. My stats are in my profile.


A key factor in my application: if I am admitted how often am I entitled to say “roll tide”?

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby luxxe » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:39 pm

STLMizzou wrote:So I was thinking about putting in an app to ‘Bama tomorrow. My stats are in my profile.
A key factor in my application: if I am admitted how often am I entitled to say “roll tide”?

As an Alabamian, I can truthfully say... all the time. It is an appropriate response to anything. Some stereotypes are true.

Also relevant: law students get AMAZING parking for game day. The law school is about 2 minutes from Bryant Denny.

Ralph, I got a shirt yesterday as well. The admissions staff is so wonderful!

User avatar
wvu
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby wvu » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:34 am

STLMizzou wrote:So I was thinking about putting in an app to ‘Bama tomorrow. My stats are in my profile.


A key factor in my application: if I am admitted how often am I entitled to say “roll tide”?


You're obligated to say it a minimum of 3 times per day (15 on game day), and twice on each of your required weekly calls in to Finebaum. Also, replacing it with "roll damn tide" is more than acceptable.

(On a related note, applied about a week ago, so I'm just patiently waiting here. ^_^)

STLMizzou
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby STLMizzou » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:58 am

Thank you, I have been convinced. My application should be completed and submitted by the end of the day!

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby emkay625 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:24 pm

In via mail 12/26. $25K a year.....which would mean only paying 5K a year. A 15K JD is going to be hard to turn down.

Also, that admit packet rivals Vanderbilt's in terms of how detailed and welcoming it was!

User avatar
minkopolis
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby minkopolis » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:57 am

Congratulations to those who have already heard back! I am still hovering at "complete" and have awhile to go in this application cycle. I'm from Alabama and would be thrilled to get an offer. I never really imagined myself applying to an in-state law school, but the school has great programs and very reasonable tuition comparatively.

For now...compulsively refreshing my status checkers for the next couple months.

Bmarce
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:22 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby Bmarce » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:15 pm

minkopolis wrote:Congratulations to those who have already heard back! I am still hovering at "complete" and have awhile to go in this application cycle. I'm from Alabama and would be thrilled to get an offer. I never really imagined myself applying to an in-state law school, but the school has great programs and very reasonable tuition comparatively.

For now...compulsively refreshing my status checkers for the next couple months.



I applied in early November and my status reads the same. Above that it says that my application has been submitted for review. I still cant tell if I am under review though... :(

User avatar
chill
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:55 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby chill » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:27 pm

.
Last edited by chill on Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

murray18
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby murray18 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:01 pm

Spoke with Claude today and it looks like we're gonna get to stay in a hotel on Bama's dime for the open house. These guys sure give out some good swag...

Anybody else planning on going?

iosborn12
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby iosborn12 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:47 am

murray18 wrote:Spoke with Claude today and it looks like we're gonna get to stay in a hotel on Bama's dime for the open house. These guys sure give out some good swag...

Anybody else planning on going?


Definitely going #swag

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby luxxe » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:49 am

murray18 wrote:Spoke with Claude today and it looks like we're gonna get to stay in a hotel on Bama's dime for the open house. These guys sure give out some good swag...

Anybody else planning on going?

This makes me sad that I only live 45 minutes away haha. I'm thinking about going. I got an awesome package today from Claude and I'm sure open house is just going to be a day full of free things. I really wish it wasn't on a Friday, though.

Bmarce
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:22 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby Bmarce » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:31 pm

chill wrote:
Bmarce wrote:
minkopolis wrote:Congratulations to those who have already heard back! I am still hovering at "complete" and have awhile to go in this application cycle. I'm from Alabama and would be thrilled to get an offer. I never really imagined myself applying to an in-state law school, but the school has great programs and very reasonable tuition comparatively.

For now...compulsively refreshing my status checkers for the next couple months.



I applied in early November and my status reads the same. Above that it says that my application has been submitted for review. I still cant tell if I am under review though... :(


Mine says up top: "The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application, but has not yet made a final decision. The Committee attempts to return decisions as soon as possible, but some final decisions may be pending for months."

And my status says: Pending Final Committee Decision.

So, yeah, there's a long purgatory after the "complete" stage.


So after roughly two months, I have finally gone under review as of today. I do not understand what took so long, I am above the medians and I have been complete for over a month.

User avatar
minkopolis
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby minkopolis » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Bmarce wrote:
chill wrote:
Bmarce wrote:
minkopolis wrote:Congratulations to those who have already heard back! I am still hovering at "complete" and have awhile to go in this application cycle. I'm from Alabama and would be thrilled to get an offer. I never really imagined myself applying to an in-state law school, but the school has great programs and very reasonable tuition comparatively.

For now...compulsively refreshing my status checkers for the next couple months.



I applied in early November and my status reads the same. Above that it says that my application has been submitted for review. I still cant tell if I am under review though... :(


Mine says up top: "The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application, but has not yet made a final decision. The Committee attempts to return decisions as soon as possible, but some final decisions may be pending for months."

And my status says: Pending Final Committee Decision.

So, yeah, there's a long purgatory after the "complete" stage.


So after roughly two months, I have finally gone under review as of today. I do not understand what took so long, I am above the medians and I have been complete for over a month.


Ok that makes me feel a little better. Not happy that a lot of people seem to be waiting, but happy to know I'm not alone! When the word "review" appears in my status in any capacity, I think I'll be ecstatic...I haven't heard back from any schools yet, so I'm really just being spastic and impatient as hell.

Edit: I only went complete on 12/15, so yeah.

anxiouslyawaiting
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:34 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby anxiouslyawaiting » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:16 pm

How long does it usually take to receive an email with your status checker login or any other email acknowledging that they have your application? I've been waiting a while and just wanted to know when I should become concerned.

iosborn12
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby iosborn12 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:38 pm

anxiouslyawaiting wrote:How long does it usually take to receive an email with your status checker login or any other email acknowledging that they have your application? I've been waiting a while and just wanted to know when I should become concerned.


I'd get in touch with them. I got mine the day after I applied. They did mess some stuff up with my application too so that may be the case for you as well. They listed me as waiting for a piece of my application for a few weeks even though I submitted it with my application, I just never checked the status checker. They are super friendly and super helpful so I would definitely shoot them an email.

User avatar
beezy08
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby beezy08 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Is anyone going to the Feb 3rd admitted students open house?

jsvaughn
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:52 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby jsvaughn » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:09 pm

yep, ill be there. Flying in from nc

User avatar
beezy08
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby beezy08 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:21 pm

jsvaughn wrote:yep, ill be there. Flying in from nc


Pretty sure I will be flying or possibly driving from FL if my internship doesn't have a problem with the days off. Bama is high on my list right now so I'm eager for the open house.

Almost forgot, what airport are you flying into? Birmingham?

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby luxxe » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:48 pm

beezy08 wrote:
jsvaughn wrote:yep, ill be there. Flying in from nc


Pretty sure I will be flying or possibly driving from FL if my internship doesn't have a problem with the days off. Bama is high on my list right now so I'm eager for the open house.

Almost forgot, what airport are you flying into? Birmingham?


There isn't another airport anywhere near Tuscaloosa. It is a super easy drive down I-20 straight from the airport to Tuscaloosa, and the law school is probably <10 minutes off of the interstate.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AustinLu, bcapace, ellielaw, Houzy, pandaaa, theothercat, WarriorPoet and 15 guests