University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
baaron008
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby baaron008 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:21 pm

Also the traffic flow coming into Tuscaloosa from Northport is much lighter than the traffic flow from Skyland to Tuscaloosa. Living North of campus is preferable to me at least.

mleighb12
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:15 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby mleighb12 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:23 pm

baaron008 wrote:
mleighb12 wrote:
baaron008 wrote:Where is everyone planning on living? I have my eye on several apartment complexes in Northport. The advantage of living in Northport is it has a Wal-mart close by instead of having to go to Skyland blvd, none of the fast food restaurants in Northport will be crowded, and the traffic is great going toward the Law School.

Right now, Northbrook and Rivermont are my two top choices. Northbrook gets charter cable I think, which is the best internet service provider in Tuscaloosa. Comcast is terrible.



Did you go to Alabama for undergrad? I did, and I hate Northport. The traffic in Northport is worse than it is in Tuscaloosa, and I have found that everything in Northport (food, stores, etc.) is just as busy or even busier than those in Tuscaloosa. I always try to avoid Northport and don't plan on living north of the river.


Ya, I went to Undergrad at UA. I really did not experience the traffic patterns that you did, granted we could be doing things at opposite times of the day. Either way, both of the apartments I listed are close to Mcfarland and Campus so traffic would not be an issue.


That's true. Well, a friend of mine lives at Rivermont and seems to really like it. I know it's really quiet there.

creader
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:18 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby creader » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:12 pm

I currently live in Rivermont, and it is very nice and quiet. It is about a ten minute commute to the school. The only problem with it is getting home after a night out can be kind of a pain.

User avatar
Misszee
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:55 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby Misszee » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:25 pm

Hey guys, I noticed University of Alabama is taking June lsat, what's your take on that? I'm very curious because I'm writing my lsat then and it's one of my top picks.

creader
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:18 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby creader » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:12 pm

Misszee wrote:Hey guys, I noticed University of Alabama is taking June lsat, what's your take on that? I'm very curious because I'm writing my lsat then and it's one of my top picks.


They do rolling admissions up to the very last minute. We had a couple of kids get in on the second day of orientation this year. I wouldn't bank on it though unless if you just completely knock it out of the park, most of the class has already been set.

User avatar
splitsplat
Posts: 607
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:25 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby splitsplat » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:11 pm

Pending final committee decision for 3 weeks now. :(

User avatar
YankeeFan2
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby YankeeFan2 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:19 pm

splitsplat wrote:Pending final committee decision for 3 weeks now. :(


Me too.....except mine has been that way since January.

User avatar
splitsplat
Posts: 607
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:25 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby splitsplat » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:21 pm

YankeeFan2 wrote:
splitsplat wrote:Pending final committee decision for 3 weeks now. :(


Me too.....except mine has been that way since January.


Ouch. I will probably send a casual e-mail at the one month point just to see what's up- just to let them know I'm still alive and all that.

melsbells
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby melsbells » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:34 pm

Just a note of encouragement to those still waiting: I got a phone call at about 7 this evening after being under review since early feb. Im in with a $20,000 scholly!

User avatar
hookem7
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby hookem7 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:50 pm

melsbells wrote:Just a note of encouragement to those still waiting: I got a phone call at about 7 this evening after being under review since early feb. Im in with a $20,000 scholly!


I can second this. Complete late November, Under review since 3/20. Got a call I didn't answer because it showed up as an "unknown" number but was followed up by an email and the same offer. With bama ties, under consideration

RaiderBlue17
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:17 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby RaiderBlue17 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:06 pm

Final committee decision???? MEH! Wont hold my breath. Congrats to all who are in!

harge008
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:03 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby harge008 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:07 pm

I've been pending final committee decision since 3/28. Does the committee review applications daily, weekly, biweekly??? I feel really comfortable with my LSAT score and GPA but this waiting is killing me.

User avatar
sinstrike
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:04 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby sinstrike » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:49 pm

Hey all, just checking in to this thread! I got my Bama acceptance package and I will be going there in the fall for the class of 2015. Additionally, I am pumped to be admitted into the summer program. Let me know if any of y'all are also doing that too.

User avatar
sinisterkid
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:09 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby sinisterkid » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:15 pm

harge008 wrote:I've been pending final committee decision since 3/28. Does the committee review applications daily, weekly, biweekly??? I feel really comfortable with my LSAT score and GPA but this waiting is killing me.


I was at PFCD since 3/9, and I had movement to 4/30 today. Here's to a decision this week.

Oftranch
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby Oftranch » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:43 pm

Complete 10/13 Pending final committee decision since 12/2... I've reiterated my interest to them twice now but I am getting rather frustrated waiting this long and not hearing a peep from them... has anyone out there been waiting this long?

blake8907
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby blake8907 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:02 pm

sinisterkid wrote:
harge008 wrote:I've been pending final committee decision since 3/28. Does the committee review applications daily, weekly, biweekly??? I feel really comfortable with my LSAT score and GPA but this waiting is killing me.


I was at PFCD since 3/9, and I had movement to 4/30 today. Here's to a decision this week.


just checked mine and same thing. 4/30

User avatar
sinstrike
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:04 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby sinstrike » Tue May 01, 2012 4:27 am

blake8907 wrote:
sinisterkid wrote:
harge008 wrote:I've been pending final committee decision since 3/28. Does the committee review applications daily, weekly, biweekly??? I feel really comfortable with my LSAT score and GPA but this waiting is killing me.


I was at PFCD since 3/9, and I had movement to 4/30 today. Here's to a decision this week.


just checked mine and same thing. 4/30
Oftranch wrote:Complete 10/13 Pending final committee decision since 12/2... I've reiterated my interest to them twice now but I am getting rather frustrated waiting this long and not hearing a peep from them... has anyone out there been waiting this long?


What are y'alls stats? Anything that stands out in your favor?

blake8907
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby blake8907 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:00 am

sinstrike wrote:
blake8907 wrote:
sinisterkid wrote:
harge008 wrote:I've been pending final committee decision since 3/28. Does the committee review applications daily, weekly, biweekly??? I feel really comfortable with my LSAT score and GPA but this waiting is killing me.


I was at PFCD since 3/9, and I had movement to 4/30 today. Here's to a decision this week.


just checked mine and same thing. 4/30
Oftranch wrote:Complete 10/13 Pending final committee decision since 12/2... I've reiterated my interest to them twice now but I am getting rather frustrated waiting this long and not hearing a peep from them... has anyone out there been waiting this long?


What are y'alls stats? Anything that stands out in your favor?


below median with both LSAT and UGPA... 164, 3.52

B986
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:03 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby B986 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:43 am

In with $23,500/yr. Pretty surprised. I wish I wanted to go to Bama! Damn.

harge008
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:03 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby harge008 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:34 pm

My UGPA was 3.85 LSAT was 164 and graduate GPA was 4.0

Have any of y'all not planning on going to Bama actually rejected the offer yet?

Chuck Taylor
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby Chuck Taylor » Tue May 01, 2012 11:39 pm

My app has been under review since 3/21

Tobacco Road
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby Tobacco Road » Wed May 09, 2012 10:18 am

Pending Final Committee Decision for a second time 5/9.

User avatar
YankeeFan2
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby YankeeFan2 » Wed May 09, 2012 10:50 am

Decision made (5/9/12). No information for deposits though. Guess a rejection is coming.

tiymay
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:18 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby tiymay » Wed May 09, 2012 3:06 pm

YankeeFan2 wrote:Decision made (5/9/12). No information for deposits though. Guess a rejection is coming.


+1. I haven't seen anyone waitlisted yet.

tiymay
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:18 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby tiymay » Thu May 10, 2012 4:46 pm

Got the rejection letter today. Good luck to all.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TudoBem and 19 guests