University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
blake8907
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby blake8907 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:17 am

complete, 10/25. pending final committee decision, 1/30. I'm dying here, but did I read correctly that the first seat deposit it tomorrow? Maybe they will accept a good many this coming week....

wannagotolaw
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:57 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby wannagotolaw » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:18 pm

Can anyone tell me what a LOCI typical format is and if it would be a good idea to send one to U of alabama at this point? It's my top choice and I want to let them know.

User avatar
sinisterkid
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:09 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby sinisterkid » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:03 pm

wannagotolaw wrote:Can anyone tell me what a LOCI typical format is and if it would be a good idea to send one to U of alabama at this point? It's my top choice and I want to let them know.


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=LOCI+law+school

wannagotolaw
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:57 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby wannagotolaw » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Thank you!

User avatar
mxmatt137
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby mxmatt137 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:04 am

Got some good new Friday...In at Bama. Anybody know what scholarships are available/when the scholarship would come? I'm hoping to get some sort of help along with my admit packet.

User avatar
sinisterkid
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:09 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby sinisterkid » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:17 pm

Pending final decision 4/9. Hopeful for a quick turnaround...deposits due in 6 days.

User avatar
mxmatt137
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby mxmatt137 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:55 pm

sinisterkid wrote:Pending final decision 4/9. Hopeful for a quick turnaround...deposits due in 6 days.


If bama is similar to other schools the first deposit deadline will be later for those of us that were admitted later (probably April admits).

baaron008
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby baaron008 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:16 pm

I applied March 12. I got admitted april 6th and Claude called me with the good news that I received 18k instate.

User avatar
sinisterkid
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:09 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby sinisterkid » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:21 am

mxmatt137 wrote:
sinisterkid wrote:Pending final decision 4/9. Hopeful for a quick turnaround...deposits due in 6 days.


If bama is similar to other schools the first deposit deadline will be later for those of us that were admitted later (probably April admits).


Yeah I meant I'd rather get my acceptance e-mail prior to the 15th in order to avoid wasting $300 elsewhere :)

Also, broseph -- please withdraw from either Bama or UGA. I'm WL at UGA and still waiting on Bama.

User avatar
mxmatt137
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby mxmatt137 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:27 am

sinisterkid wrote:
mxmatt137 wrote:
sinisterkid wrote:Pending final decision 4/9. Hopeful for a quick turnaround...deposits due in 6 days.


If bama is similar to other schools the first deposit deadline will be later for those of us that were admitted later (probably April admits).


Yeah I meant I'd rather get my acceptance e-mail prior to the 15th in order to avoid wasting $300 elsewhere :)

Also, broseph -- please withdraw from either Bama or UGA. I'm WL at UGA and still waiting on Bama.


Unless I get a really great offer from Bama I will have to withdraw. I have yet to receive my admit packet yet (just saw admit on status checker), but i'm hoping to get it within a day or two.

baaron008
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby baaron008 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:10 am

mxmatt137 wrote:Got some good new Friday...In at Bama. Anybody know what scholarships are available/when the scholarship would come? I'm hoping to get some sort of help along with my admit packet.


Matt I got the news Friday as well and Claude called me early Monday morning with the scholarship offer.

baaron008
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby baaron008 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:13 am

Just an FYI for anyone still waiting, I pulled this directly off the UA Law F.A.Q.:

After I apply, when should I expect a decision?
Alabama has a rolling admissions policy, which means that applications are considered continuously throughout the admissions season. Applications are initially reviewed in roughly the order in which they are completed. Some applications receive an immediate decision; others are held for further review by the admissions committee. We make our decisions as quickly as possible, but the time necessary varies from case to case. There may be applications that are completed in the Fall that do not receive a final decision until late in the admissions cycle. We evaluate each application thoroughly, considering the entirety of the application. This holistic approach, coupled with our rolling admissions process, allows us to ensure that each application receives the attention that it deserves. It also allows us to make careful comparisons between applications completed at different times. There is no application deadline for Fall 2012. However, the committee begins admitting applicants before December and seats are filled as the season progresses.

By the end of May, the admissions committee typically will make final decisions and create a wait list. If an applicant has questions about the status of his or her application, he or she should feel free to contact the Admissions Office.

User avatar
diegoforlan10
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:10 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby diegoforlan10 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:25 am

Applied 1/10 pending final committee decision 4/9.

:shock:

Hoping for good news, would love to go to bama!

Tobacco Road
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby Tobacco Road » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:16 pm

diegoforlan10 wrote:Applied 1/10 pending final committee decision 4/9.

:shock:

Hoping for good news, would love to go to bama!


Change 1/10 with 1/15 and I'm in the same exact boat.

CJHILMAN
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:43 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby CJHILMAN » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:16 pm

In via phone call today! :) How do they notify you of scholarships?!

User avatar
sinisterkid
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:09 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby sinisterkid » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:28 pm

CJHILMAN wrote:In via phone call today! :) How do they notify you of scholarships?!


Congrats. Stats?

User avatar
maddie89
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:36 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby maddie89 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:17 pm

CJHILMAN wrote:In via phone call today! :)


In today as well. I'm so excited! Congrats!

mleighb12
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:15 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby mleighb12 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:57 pm

My status changed to admitted yesterday and got the phone call today! So excited to be going back to t-town for 3 more years!!

User avatar
irish1485
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby irish1485 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:38 am

CJHILMAN wrote:In via phone call today! :) How do they notify you of scholarships?!


I think most people's scholarship arrives with their packet in the mail...

User avatar
mxmatt137
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby mxmatt137 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:01 am

For those of you (us) that have recently been admitted and haven't visited yet: Would anybody be interested in picking a Friday to go for the tour?

mleighb12
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:15 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby mleighb12 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:15 pm

mxmatt137 wrote:For those of you (us) that have recently been admitted and haven't visited yet: Would anybody be interested in picking a Friday to go for the tour?


I actually scheduled my visit for next Friday, April 20th. I'm sitting in on Professor Fair's Constitutional Law class at 10:45 and going on the tour afterward. Classes end the next Monday so I wanted to visit before that in order to sit in on a class. Let me know if you also pick this time.

User avatar
mxmatt137
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby mxmatt137 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:29 pm

mleighb12 wrote:
mxmatt137 wrote:For those of you (us) that have recently been admitted and haven't visited yet: Would anybody be interested in picking a Friday to go for the tour?


I actually scheduled my visit for next Friday, April 20th. I'm sitting in on Professor Fair's Constitutional Law class at 10:45 and going on the tour afterward. Classes end the next Monday so I wanted to visit before that in order to sit in on a class. Let me know if you also pick this time.


I didn't think about classes ending so early. I guess I'll be joining you on Friday, April 20 if I can get a flight and hotel booked.

baaron008
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby baaron008 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:06 pm

Where is everyone planning on living? I have my eye on several apartment complexes in Northport. The advantage of living in Northport is it has a Wal-mart close by instead of having to go to Skyland blvd, none of the fast food restaurants in Northport will be crowded, and the traffic is great going toward the Law School.

Right now, Northbrook and Rivermont are my two top choices. Northbrook gets charter cable I think, which is the best internet service provider in Tuscaloosa. Comcast is terrible.

mleighb12
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:15 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby mleighb12 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:24 pm

baaron008 wrote:Where is everyone planning on living? I have my eye on several apartment complexes in Northport. The advantage of living in Northport is it has a Wal-mart close by instead of having to go to Skyland blvd, none of the fast food restaurants in Northport will be crowded, and the traffic is great going toward the Law School.

Right now, Northbrook and Rivermont are my two top choices. Northbrook gets charter cable I think, which is the best internet service provider in Tuscaloosa. Comcast is terrible.



Did you go to Alabama for undergrad? I did, and I hate Northport. The traffic in Northport is worse than it is in Tuscaloosa, and I have found that everything in Northport (food, stores, etc.) is just as busy or even busier than those in Tuscaloosa. I always try to avoid Northport and don't plan on living north of the river.

baaron008
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby baaron008 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:19 pm

mleighb12 wrote:
baaron008 wrote:Where is everyone planning on living? I have my eye on several apartment complexes in Northport. The advantage of living in Northport is it has a Wal-mart close by instead of having to go to Skyland blvd, none of the fast food restaurants in Northport will be crowded, and the traffic is great going toward the Law School.

Right now, Northbrook and Rivermont are my two top choices. Northbrook gets charter cable I think, which is the best internet service provider in Tuscaloosa. Comcast is terrible.



Did you go to Alabama for undergrad? I did, and I hate Northport. The traffic in Northport is worse than it is in Tuscaloosa, and I have found that everything in Northport (food, stores, etc.) is just as busy or even busier than those in Tuscaloosa. I always try to avoid Northport and don't plan on living north of the river.


Ya, I went to Undergrad at UA. I really did not experience the traffic patterns that you did, granted we could be doing things at opposite times of the day. Either way, both of the apartments I listed are close to Mcfarland and Campus so traffic would not be an issue.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dddddd90, Google Adsense [Bot], Hopefullawkid2015, Keilz and 18 guests