University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Oftranch
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:43 pm

University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby Oftranch » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:26 pm

I didn't see another thread so I figured I would start one... Application complete on 10/14. The link for checking application status hasn't been working for me, has anyone else had that issue?

User avatar
ElCoqui
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:05 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby ElCoqui » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:30 pm

I submitted on Oct 24th and my tracker has not worked for me either. I have tried IE and Firefox, times out on both. Good Luck on your app hope you get in.

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby neeko » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:12 pm

Mine hasn't been working either. I emailed them but nothing back yet.

Oftranch
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby Oftranch » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:36 pm

Just got off the phone with them asking about this issue and they said that they have had several people calling in with the same problem. The lady I spoke with took down my info and did offer to check my status for me which is "under review" (App was complete 10/14).

murray18
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby murray18 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:16 pm

Checking in. It looks like we'll be annoying the admissions office with all of our annoying status check questions haha. I've already got a couple calls under my belt. Also, glad someone made a thread... I've been stalking the one from last year for indications on when decisions might be made. Anyways, good luck folks!

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby luxxe » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:38 pm

Checking in as well. Good luck every one!

If anyone has any questions about Tuscaloosa, feel free to send them my way!

And RTR :wink:.

murray18
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby murray18 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:06 am

Hey do us all a favor and pull out a win Saturday haha. Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer!

ralph_pootawn
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby ralph_pootawn » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:15 am

hey guys just checking in. Got accepted last week with a scholarship. Got a phone call and an email. Status checker wasn't working for me either. I sent my app in the first week of October.

murray18
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby murray18 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:22 am

Congratulations! What were your numbers, if you don't mind me asking of course. I was in a little later than you, so now i'm starting to get a little anxious haha.

ralph_pootawn
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby ralph_pootawn » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:49 am

.
Last edited by ralph_pootawn on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby luxxe » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:09 am

I talked to admissions this morning (sweetest people ever!) and they said the status checker should be working in everything but Safari & Chrome. I got it to work in IE.

They also told me they would be getting to me early next week with a decision, which is a very pleasant surprise since I submitted 10/27! Quick decisions for in-state applicants seems to be the norm.

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby neeko » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:17 am

luxxe wrote:I talked to admissions this morning (sweetest people ever!) and they said the status checker should be working in everything but Safari & Chrome. I got it to work in IE.

They also told me they would be getting to me early next week with a decision, which is a very pleasant surprise since I submitted 10/27! Quick decisions for in-state applicants seems to be the norm.


Did you get to the status checker from the main page under applications? I just tried it in IE and it did not work. This is driving me crazy!

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby luxxe » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:33 am

neeko wrote:
luxxe wrote:I talked to admissions this morning (sweetest people ever!) and they said the status checker should be working in everything but Safari & Chrome. I got it to work in IE.

They also told me they would be getting to me early next week with a decision, which is a very pleasant surprise since I submitted 10/27! Quick decisions for in-state applicants seems to be the norm.


Did you get to the status checker from the main page under applications? I just tried it in IE and it did not work. This is driving me crazy!


Yeah. Call or e-mail them! Honestly they didn't seem to mind at all that I called to ask and it allowed me to get in a "roll tide" before they started to review my app :wink:.

The only thing they can do for the online thing right now is work with LSAC, she said. So maybe try calling LSAC's technical number and asking them? She gave me that number to me to call if I had any problems getting on.

User avatar
auburnbelle89
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby auburnbelle89 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:05 pm

Glad to hear about the quick turn around for in-state applicants :) Applied 10/24. Annoyed the status checker won't work for me, but I have safari, so that might be the problem. A decision in the next couple of weeks would be a lot quicker than I expected.

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby neeko » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:08 pm

luxxe wrote:
neeko wrote:
luxxe wrote:I talked to admissions this morning (sweetest people ever!) and they said the status checker should be working in everything but Safari & Chrome. I got it to work in IE.

They also told me they would be getting to me early next week with a decision, which is a very pleasant surprise since I submitted 10/27! Quick decisions for in-state applicants seems to be the norm.


Did you get to the status checker from the main page under applications? I just tried it in IE and it did not work. This is driving me crazy!


Yeah. Call or e-mail them! Honestly they didn't seem to mind at all that I called to ask and it allowed me to get in a "roll tide" before they started to review my app :wink:.

The only thing they can do for the online thing right now is work with LSAC, she said. So maybe try calling LSAC's technical number and asking them? She gave me that number to me to call if I had any problems getting on.


I called a few days ago, they didn't give me a definitive time line like that though. I'm updating all my browsers now to see if I can get this thing to work.

Oftranch
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby Oftranch » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:36 pm

So has anyone had luck getting the status check to work? If so what browser did you use? So far Safari, IE, and Firefox have all failed to open the status check for me...

murray18
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby murray18 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:10 pm

No luck here at all......

User avatar
irish1485
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby irish1485 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:49 pm

Received status checker 2 weeks ago and mine has yet to work either...

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby neeko » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:31 am

Mine won't work either. I have tried every browser possible and multiple computers.

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby luxxe » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:46 am

I got mine to work once but it hasn't worked since.

ccmbr006
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:34 am

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby ccmbr006 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:47 pm

Submitted tonight. Now waiting...

User avatar
fLAWridagator
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:22 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby fLAWridagator » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:26 pm

When did yall get your login information to check your status? They emailed me a few days ago to say they received my application and to send me the itunes codes, but I never got an email about any log-in information!

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby neeko » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:11 pm

fLAWridagator wrote:When did yall get your login information to check your status? They emailed me a few days ago to say they received my application and to send me the itunes codes, but I never got an email about any log-in information!


It took a few days, at least. It doesn't work anyway, you're not missing much.

User avatar
Hopefully2012
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby Hopefully2012 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:09 pm

neeko wrote:
fLAWridagator wrote:When did yall get your login information to check your status? They emailed me a few days ago to say they received my application and to send me the itunes codes, but I never got an email about any log-in information!


It took a few days, at least. It doesn't work anyway, you're not missing much.

+1

I had to get in touch with the admissions office to ask them for a status checker. If you email/call them, they'll send you it. However, the link on their website doesn't work and hasn't worked all cycle IIRC.

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: University of Alabama 2011-12 Cycle

Postby neeko » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:24 pm

Hopefully2012 wrote:
neeko wrote:
fLAWridagator wrote:When did yall get your login information to check your status? They emailed me a few days ago to say they received my application and to send me the itunes codes, but I never got an email about any log-in information!


It took a few days, at least. It doesn't work anyway, you're not missing much.

+1

I had to get in touch with the admissions office to ask them for a status checker. If you email/call them, they'll send you it. However, the link on their website doesn't work and hasn't worked all cycle IIRC.


Do you have the link? The email they sent me just has the link to the web page...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”